Thyroid Supplement

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Rachel said:
Charlie said:
1. I have been donating blood regularly, about 5 times now. I was supposed to donate last week, but got sick and couldnt. Any way to drain your own blood? :mrgreen: :eek:

Charlie, have you considered acquiring a couple of pet leeches? :shock:

Oh my, please don't give me any more ideas!! :rolling

I am crazy enough to do something like that! :mrgreen:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Narouz, just ordered up some antibiotics, we are a go for total alien bacteria meltdown! Also got some charcoal ordered up, gonna nail these buggers from all directions. Been eating tons of bamboo shoots, also onions and garlic.

Made some more broth, yum, OMG it came out so good, and thick. But guess what? Heartburn, again. WTF? I know I am making it right. But man, the heartburn aint no joke. I am gonna push through though and finish this batch because it is such an awesome batch.

As for red light. I have a 250 watt heatlamp, a 250 watt and also a 200 watt incandescent, along with the 250 watt halogen. I prolly will pick up another halogen soon. I really need to get some red glass to. Ugggh, so much stuff to get.

Vitamin D, I need to order, tonight.

I eat 2 pastured eggs everyday from my chickens that I keep myself. They are allowed to roam free and eat whatever they like. Of course I still substitute with feed, but what else could I do? I think this next summer I am gonna try and only throw scratch and see how it goes. I hear some people do that. Liver, well, Uh, ok ok, I will eat some liver. Danggit!!!

Antibiotics, please hurry!

narouz

Charlie said:
Narouz, just ordered up some antibiotics, we are a go for total alien bacteria meltdown! Also got some charcoal ordered up, gonna nail these buggers from all directions. Been eating tons of bamboo shoots, also onions and garlic.

Made some more broth, yum, OMG it came out so good, and thick. But guess what? Heartburn, again. WTF? I know I am making it right. But man, the heartburn aint no joke. I am gonna push through though and finish this batch because it is such an awesome batch.

As for red light. I have a 250 watt heatlamp, a 250 watt and also a 200 watt incandescent, along with the 250 watt halogen. I prolly will pick up another halogen soon. I really need to get some red glass to. Ugggh, so much stuff to get.

Vitamin D, I need to order, tonight.

I eat 2 pastured eggs everyday from my chickens that I keep myself. They are allowed to roam free and eat whatever they like. Of course I still substitute with feed, but what else could I do? I think this next summer I am gonna try and only throw scratch and see how it goes. I hear some people do that. Liver, well, Uh, ok ok, I will eat some liver. Danggit!!!

Antibiotics, please hurry!

Alright!
It is odd that the bone broth causes you heartburn.
It is supposed to be very healing and soothing to the gut.
That does seem suspicious, doesn't it?

There are so many variables in our lives
it's often hard to know what's causing what.
But I think this is a smart experiment, Charlie.

You know, another thing I thought of that Peat mentions
regarding stomach bacteria
is flowers of sulphur.
You heard of that?

Good luck.
Keep us posted.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
narouz said:
Alright!
It is odd that the bone broth causes you heartburn.
It is supposed to be very healing and soothing to the gut.
That does seem suspicious, doesn't it?

There are so many variables in our lives
it's often hard to know what's causing what.
But I think this is a smart experiment, Charlie.

You know, another thing I thought of that Peat mentions
regarding stomach bacteria
is flowers of sulphur.
You heard of that?

Good luck.
Keep us posted.

Yes, it does make me wonder why bone broth gives me heartburn. Nothing else gives me heartburn quite like this does, its pretty intense.

I have seen about the flowers of sulphur, but I dont know about that. :lol:

Gonna try the antibiotic route first and see where it leads me. I am expecting some really good results. Especially on my gums. :mrgreen: What pisses me off about the gums. I do not see a lot of dentists treating gum disease with antibiotics, when essentially, its infection of the gums. They want you to come in every 3 months for a deep cleaning and pay the big bucks. I have a friend, he is a dentist and use to take care of my teeth. Same thing, he would have me come in every 3 months and deep clean. Thing is, every time I would get a deep clean I swear my gums would get worse. He being my friend, also, not charging me for the care, not once said hey lets try some antibiotics for the damn infection you have in your gums. I mean, like really. WTF is wrong with the world?

Anyways, my antibiotics shipped out last night. Along with a couple other Peat approved medicines. Should have my bad bacteria, Co2, and serotonin in check very soon.

MrMoose63

Hey Charlie, where are your antibiotics coming from? I'm thinking of trying a round myself.

Nick810

I read an interesting post about if you keep taking dessicated, you get resistance from the thyroid.... so sometimes it helps going back to T3 only, so going to give that a shot, and see if I get the hair pinching with Cynomel again.

narouz

Nick810 said:
I read an interesting post about if you keep taking dessicated, you get resistance from the thyroid.... so sometimes it helps going back to T3 only, so going to give that a shot, and see if I get the hair pinching with Cynomel again.

Doesn't count without a link, Nick! :)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

jyb

Charlie said:
narouz, even more info at the beginning of the site, I am reading into it now:

http://www.thyroid-rt3.com/index.htm

This was discussed briefly in my thread viewtopic.php?f=56&t=728

about not responding to thyroid (I have started thyroid supplementation a few weeks ago but the doses don't really seem to increase temperature).

Some suggested this is not due to reverse-T3. Peat doesn't mention this issue as far as I know. He does mention in one of his article that lack of protein can make you unresponsive to thyroid supplementation.

narouz

jyb said:
Peat doesn't mention this issue as far as I know. He does mention in one of his article that lack of protein can make you unresponsive to thyroid supplementation.

jyb-
There is a Whole Lot of other factors which Peat discusses at length
which bear on how the thyroid functions and how it responds to thyroid supplementation.

My experience is that it is not an effective strategy
to simply try to address poor thyroid performance by adding thyroid supplement alone.
Or even just thyroid supplement and "protein."
Depends what kind of protein.
Depends on a Whole Bunch of other factors.

And there is also a problem with just viewing thyroid function in isolation
because thyroid function is interwoven with the function of many many other organs
and physiological factors.

jyb

narouz said:
jyb said:
Peat doesn't mention this issue as far as I know. He does mention in one of his article that lack of protein can make you unresponsive to thyroid supplementation.

jyb-
which bear on how the thyroid functions and how it responds to thyroid supplementation.

to simply try to address poor thyroid performance by adding thyroid supplement alone.

because thyroid function is interwoven with the function of many many other organs

I agree with you. In my case, I only considered thyroid supplementation because everything else failed: I was following a strict Peat diet for several months.

narouz

jyb said:
narouz said:
jyb said:

jyb-

I agree with you. In my case, I only considered thyroid supplementation because everything else failed: I was following a strict Peat diet for several months.

Gotcha.
If you could sketch the outlines of you strict Peat diet
that might give me some clues.
One thing I've found recently:
I think the red light thang might really potent.
Have you explored that at all?
And another thing I've been doing lately that seems important,
is taking a cue from a poster here called "kettlebell."
Look in the more recent posts of the thread called "Notes Toward an Optimal Peat Diet."
Read his stuff about how he eats a whole lot of little Peat-balanced snacks.

But you're right:
thyroid supplement is crucial for some.
Sorry if I missed it:
are you hypothyroid--I mean have you been diagnosed as such?
Had any labs on thyroid?
You might consider a TSH test.
I think it is about $35.
Personally, I find that helpful.

I just looked back at your other linked thread
and saw some of your experimentation with thyroid sups.
I'd have to give it more thought (bedtime beckons)
but they (the experiments) seem like they might've been done a little more carefully.

jyb

narouz said:
jyb said:
narouz said:
jyb said:

jyb-

Gotcha.
If you could sketch the outlines of you strict Peat diet
that might give me some clues.
One thing I've found recently:
I think the red light thang might really potent.
Have you explored that at all?
And another thing I've been doing lately that seems important,
is taking a cue from a poster here called "kettlebell."
Look in the more recent posts of the thread called "Notes Toward an Optimal Peat Diet."
Read his stuff about how he eats a whole lot of little Peat-balanced snacks.

But you're right:
thyroid supplement is crucial for some.
Sorry if I missed it:
are you hypothyroid--I mean have you been diagnosed as such?
Had any labs on thyroid?
You might consider a TSH test.
I think it is about $35.
Personally, I find that helpful.

I just looked back at your other linked thread
and saw some of your experimentation with thyroid sups.
I'd have to give it more thought (bedtime beckons)
but they (the experiments) seem like they might've been done a little more carefully.

I appreciate your advice.

To answer your questions, before considering thyroid supplements I was eating Peatly for months...it did improve some symptoms (increases muscle mass and libido), but I'm still quite lethargic and often difficulties in falling asleep (high TSH, normal free T4). I do: milk/OJ, coffee, ice cream, vitamins (D3 and Vit E from unique E both spread topically), aspirin, some niacinamide, daily carrot salad, weekly oyster and liver, salt with orange juice, some gelatin. I realized recently that maybe I wasn't getting enough protein (< 80+ grams), so I introduced some cheese. Also, I don't eat coconut oil regularly enough. The OJ I use could also be a problem so I'm experimenting with that. I will supplement with Vitamin K2, which will allow me to take aspirin more regularly safely.

narouz

If I may ask, jyb, how high on the TSH?

Depending upon age, how much stored fat, how much PUFA consumed,
how hammered down the metabolic system...
...I think it can take some time.
Peat says up to 4 years for PUFA to clear.

I've had a lot of difficulties and confusions in the thyroid sup area, jyb.
Lately, more of that, but--I think--also some progress.
I been Peating for about 3/4 of a year now.

There are so many variables in most people's lives,
that it is seldom a perfect experiment,
but what I suspect has helped me here lately
are a couple Peaty factors:
1. Red Light: a lot of it
2. Eating more along what I've been calling the kettlebell method,
in honor of one of our posters.
He eats like 8 or 10 small snackish servings per day,
and always at each of those snack he tries to balance
protein, fat, carbs and other important Peaty things like coconut oil, coffee, etc.
I've found this is crucial.
Peat says, in an interview, that fructose has a thyroid-like activity, for instance.
So, if you're always adding at least a little of the Peaty fuels
to keep the metabolic fire stoked,
and if you're constantly adding along with that a little dose of coconut oil
(which temporarily blocks PUFA release and therefore prevents damping of the fire), etc....
I think this has made a difference for me.

But I think you are right to look into thyroid supplementation.
As I say, I might have some quibbles with how you were trying to introduce it,
what kinds, etc.
Have to think about that.
But generally there, I think gradualism and patience is the key.
Going slowly, keep temp and pulse charts, etc.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Narouz, on that Blue Bonnet liquid D3 you use. Does it list the ingredients? I cannot find it online. Was thinking of getting the 2000 iu drops.

Went to order the carlsons but looks like they stopped making it and the last of the bottles left expire in May of 2013.

narouz

Charlie said:
Narouz, on that Blue Bonnet liquid D3 you use. Does it list the ingredients? I cannot find it online. Was thinking of getting the 2000 iu drops.

Went to order the carlsons but looks like they stopped making it and the last of the bottles left expire in May of 2013.

Charlie-
It says:
"-cholecalciferol from natural lanolin
-other ingredients: medium chain triglycerides, orange and lemon essential oils"

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you! It seems like a pretty good brand.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals