Vitamin D, K And Progesterone

mamaherrera

First off: can I take liquid drops of D and K and put them in a gelatin cap and take them that way,because I"m getting unmotivated to take them just in the mouth because of taste and I don't want to stress about that every day. Second all: I hear contradictory information : that K and D should be taken separate because they are in competition with each other and others say they can be taken together. I am always low on my D, so will K lower my D if I take 5mg of K a day and 8000 of D 3 times a week?? sound like good ratios??

Finally, I'm doing progesterone on my lips, trying to up the dose, but it doesn't seem to absorb well, and it takes a while for waiting for the first drops to absorb in my lips before adding more. How do you all quickly get in large amounts of progesterone-e, even on gums, most of it sits on my finger and doesn't go into the tissue. And i did 8 drops and it still didn't help me with sleep.

CoolTweetPete

I think vitamin D and Vitamin K actually compliment each other. From an interview with Dr. Kate Rheaume-Bleue, who wrote a book on K2,

Dr. Kate: This is a really important question, because there’s been so much debate around what’s the right dose of vitamin D. A lot of people saying in low amounts, like 400 IUs or 1,000 at the most. Then there’s other people at a much higher end, 10, 20, 30,000 IUs. It turns out that the right amount of vitamin D, I don’t think, can actually even be determined by your body weight, because how much vitamin D you take and how much vitamin D anybody should take, the right answer to that is, it depends.

Dave: Test your blood?

Dr. Kate: Actually, it depends. You can test your blood, but even that won’t tell you, because what it depends on is actually vitamin K2. Chris Masterjohn is the one that really brought this to the forefront, the relationship between D and K in this way. In fact, the toxicity we see with vitamin D is actually an induced deficiency of K2. What are the toxic symptoms of vitamin D? You just keep absorbing calcium, and that calcium starts to deposit all over your body in inappropriate areas. You can prevent that by taking K2 with your D. Really, once you’ve got some K2 with your D, the sky’s the limit. D also …

Dave: The sky’s the limit on … Wait, hold on. What does that mean?

Dr. Kate: On how much D you could safety take.

Dave: Oh, okay. Got it.

Dr. Kate: There’s a relationship here with vitamin A, because studies have shown that by giving D and A together, A has a K2-sparing effect. A and D are like the gas and the brakes on the car. They will balance one another and complement one another. Then K2 completes the cycle and allows your body to use calcium perfectly with all of these fat-soluble nutrients. It’s impossible to say how much D you should be taking, unless you’re having some K2 in your diet.

OP
M

mamaherrera

so you should take A and D together, which of course I"m not even supplementing A right now, maybe I should be, but I'm scared, so I hope I'm getting it from diet . but anyways, do my ratios sound similar to others?? And is it ok to put the drops in an empty gel cap?

schultz

Yah I think it's okay to put the drops in a gel cap. You can probably put the progesterone in there too.

Ask @haidut about combining fat solubles, as he has a supplement with all 4 of them in it. Seems to be fine combining them if the dose isn't crazy high?

OP
M

mamaherrera

that would be cool. . especially to put the progesterone in there. Hopefully Haiudt chimes in. At least I put my dosages above. and progesterone like 10 drops. Still wanting it to make me sleep.

OP
M

mamaherrera

can progesterone cause you to bloat? I've taken more these last two days, not even a lot, but I look like 1 month pregnant, and diet has not changed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals