What are your thoughts about ozempic and how it works, is it dangerous etc.

Everyone is taking Ozempic today, it seems, for fat loss. What do you think about it? Is it dangerous? If so, why? Thank you.

Peatful

I personally know someone on it
Since 2022
Tried to come off
And she gained rapidly
She appears to now be stuck on it if she wants to stay this thin

How does she look?
Terrible
Unnatural
Almost ridiculous
Definite bone loss

I would love to see her labs

Nfinkelstein

There is too much judging of people who go on ozempic, plenty of "they should just try harder", etc. But going on ozempic is better than getting a stomach staple, and even when people stay on ozempic permanently, maybe that's better than being obese. But to answer your question, the big trouble with ozempic is that I think it lowers your rmr (just my observation).

Peatful

There is too much judging of people who go on ozempic, plenty of "they should just try harder", etc. But going on ozempic is better than getting a stomach staple, and even when people stay on ozempic permanently, maybe that's better than being obese. But to answer your question, the big trouble with ozempic is that I think it lowers your rmr (just my observation).
It is a vanity drug
Elon. Kardashians. Sharon Osbourne. Jessica Simpson. Et al
Drug for the rich
Only Elon and Sharon have been honest about it

Some diabetics have a hard time getting their rx filled
But I live in a superficial and affluent area

Most of them look ridiculous now
And
Who knows how it will end for them

Attachments

• E24E97E4-49F6-41D4-94CA-51092E23981D.png
    E24E97E4-49F6-41D4-94CA-51092E23981D.png
    245.5 KB · Views: 213
  • C7656347-D3CA-4FD1-B140-49462C2FD124.png
    C7656347-D3CA-4FD1-B140-49462C2FD124.png
    429.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 5E34CE5D-67CD-4D12-A7E6-DCCA257137A8.png
    5E34CE5D-67CD-4D12-A7E6-DCCA257137A8.png
    321 KB · Views: 177
  • 0373FF95-6C47-4422-9C5E-A0127D4258FA.png
    0373FF95-6C47-4422-9C5E-A0127D4258FA.png
    307.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 56EF2589-0F15-40DB-B76E-A52097D97385.png
    56EF2589-0F15-40DB-B76E-A52097D97385.png
    279.5 KB · Views: 167
  • ED1D83A5-A178-4043-8A40-D41D0CA9E589.png
    ED1D83A5-A178-4043-8A40-D41D0CA9E589.png
    363.9 KB · Views: 203

jdr75bulldog

Everyone is taking Ozempic today, it seems, for fat loss. What do you think about it? Is it dangerous? If so, why? Thank you.
I think if someone that is obese you take the lesser of two evils. If their weight issues are detrimental to their overall health and they have not been able to lose fat or weight then by all means proceed.

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm not clear that obesity by itself is a health danger. I think the problem is what causes the obesity, and is that going to be fixed with a drug like Ozempic?

EvanHinkle

I believe someone asked Ray about this before he passed on one of the Danny and Georgi podcasts, (maybe not their podcast, but I seem to recall Ray being asked about it). I want to say he said that it just increased fat oxidation, (which would be about as opposite as we might want to shoot for).

OP
ecstatichamster
I like to go here and see what users say

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I'm not clear that obesity by itself is a health danger. I think the problem is what causes the obesity, and is that going to be fixed with a drug like Ozempic?
From my observations, toxicity is what causes obesity, fat is used to sequester toxins until it can be removed. Once you stop putting the toxins in, the liver is able to start clearing out the fat that the toxins were stored in because its now in a better place to handle it because the toxin load has been lowered. This explains the obesity paradox. The ultra skinny people who are the most sickest and not well, are not able to sequester the toxins to the fat since their liver is seriously compromised. Being able to store the toxins in the fat is a protection mechanism. When ultra skinny, the toxins are stored in the glands, organs, and rest of the body instead of the fat, they have lost that protection mechanism and are well on their way to the grave unless turned around.

OP
ecstatichamster
From my observations, toxicity is what causes obesity, fat is used to sequester toxins until it can be removed. Once you stop putting the toxins in, the liver is able to start clearing out the fat that the toxins were stored in because its now in a better place to handle it because the toxin load has been lowered. This explains the obesity paradox. The ultra skinny people who are the most sickest and not well, are not able to sequester the toxins to the fat since their liver is seriously compromised. Being able to store the toxins in the fat is a protection mechanism. When ultra skinny, the toxins are stored in the glands, organs, and rest of the body instead of the fat, they have lost that protection mechanism and are well on their way to the grave unless turned around.

I’m sure you are right!

OP
ecstatichamster
So it agonizes GLP-1.

Glucagon-like peptide 1.

It lowers appetite by slowing down gastric emptying.

That’s what I learned so far.

sphenoid

So it agonizes GLP-1.

Glucagon-like peptide 1.

So it suppresses parasympathetic function and halts peristalsis. Food that is consumed is then not adequately digested nor sterilized by sufficient acid/bile/mucus secretion, allowing it to be fermented and eventually driving the formation of endotoxin. The reduction in appetite is probably a combination of the inhibition of the parasympathetic nervous system along with the increases in endotoxin. Honestly unsurprising that something so sinister is promoted as a "health" intervention. The long term effects should be interesting.

Dominus

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
So it agonizes GLP-1.

Glucagon-like peptide 1.

I can't speak to Ozempic but I started on compounded tirzepatide (Brand Mounjaro) 14 days ago. As someone who binges addictively (no purging) and has been on the weight roller coaster for the last 20 years, I can only describe this medicine as a miracle. I have complete control over what I eat. I'm tracking macros to make sure I get a fair amount of protein and I'm lifting weights in a low intensity style to avoid increasing stress hormones. The lower dose seems to be working well, so my plan is to use until I reach my goal weight and then wean myself off of it.

I'm sure I'm oxidizing fat right now and I'm probably losing some muscle. I've lost 13 pounds in two weeks. I don't think its water weight because I'm eating a high simple carb Ray style diet. I'm upping my calories today to decrease the rate of weight loss. AMA

Dominus

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
It seems that much of the weight loss of lean-tissue loss not just fat.
According to Peter Attia, he is okay with the therapy when his patients lose at a 4 to 1 ratio of fat to muscle. He starts to get concerned with a 3 to 1 ratio. That's why I'm hitting my protein goals and lifting weights.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals