White Tongue

m_arch

So my tongue was clear today, all day, from what I'm guessing is taking one or two sugared milks with great Lakes collagen a day for the Past 4 days. Dat glycine?

meatbag

just thought i'd leave this here:p

Found this quote on FPS:“Bamboo shoots, raw carrot, and flowers of sulfur are other antiseptics that can reduce the white tongue.”-Ray

EIRE24

What would be the problem if you did not have your appendix?

I was also wondering if you saw any change in skin health when taking the probiotics and when your tongue was clear compared to when it was coated?

I suspect I may have bacterial overgrowth due to poor skin health? I have begun to take hcl to fire up stomach acid as it is suspected people who are hypo have low stomach acid and also taking some ACV. I feel as though my digestion is much better lately. I was wondering if maybe supplementing a probiotic would help also? I have tried the regular advice on here for acne and skin conditions like vitamin A but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

narouz

What would be the problem if you did not have your appendix?

I was also wondering if you saw any change in skin health when taking the probiotics and when your tongue was clear compared to when it was coated?

I suspect I may have bacterial overgrowth due to poor skin health? I have begun to take hcl to fire up stomach acid as it is suspected people who are hypo have low stomach acid and also taking some ACV. I feel as though my digestion is much better lately. I was wondering if maybe supplementing a probiotic would help also? I have tried the regular advice on here for acne and skin conditions like vitamin A but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

There are/were a few of us here who
1. have or have had gut issues, including coated tongue
and also
2. have no appendix

So I have a working hypothesis that those without an appendix
may have special challenges in the area of gut, digestion, coated tongue, yeast/fungi overgrowth, and beyond.

arien

I recently happened to be reading Thyroid feeding and its application to the treatment of insanity [microform] : Burgess, T. J. W., (Thomas Joseph Workman), 1849-1926 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive, page 13 of which states that in a few cases the patient's tongue became 'slightly furred' upon feeding of thyroid. I am not sure what to make of this, though it suggests that thyroid may in some way affect the 'strong nervous and circulatory interactions between the stomach and the mouth', of which Dr. Peat speaks in the earlier cited quotation.

OP
P

Pliskin

Caffeine is a strong antibacterial agent | Ray Peat Forum

--
Check liver and pancreatic function, if they are working properly. Like proper bile flow, digestive enzymes, etc.
Hey Amazoniac, whats the best way to check these? I feel like a lot of tests I've got the 'all clear' on in the past have given me a false sense of security e.g. thyroid levels etc. just involved the doc saying "they're fine" when infact, as I'm sure you'll know, there normal range for thyroid is stupidly broad.

sladerunner69

Does anyone know how to transform a gnarly white coated tongue to a nice healthy pink tongue? It seems like no one has the answer.

It would be great to hear from anyone who has actually done this or from anyone that has noticed things (diets, foods, times, combination of foods etc. ) that affect the gnarliness and whiteness/pinkness of their tongue.

I had really severe thrush about a week ago. I had a terrrible throat infection and apparently the bacteria wass coating my tongue in a centimeter of white fuzz/mold/fungi bleh. I think you can just scrape it off and then try some baking soda and keep brushing. The bacteria thrive sin an acidic environment. It also thrives when there are carbs and sugars in your mouth.

Parsifal

There are/were a few of us here who
1. have or have had gut issues, including coated tongue
and also
2. have no appendix

So I have a working hypothesis that those without an appendix
may have special challenges in the area of gut, digestion, coated tongue, yeast/fungi overgrowth, and beyond.
Hi narouz, do you have any scientific proof that the appendix is a resevoir for "good" bacteria?

Amazoniac

Hey Amazoniac, whats the best way to check these? I feel like a lot of tests I've got the 'all clear' on in the past have given me a false sense of security e.g. thyroid levels etc. just involved the doc saying "they're fine" when infact, as I'm sure you'll know, there normal range for thyroid is stupidly broad.
Smooth digestion, ability to sleep comfortably, normal skin tone, fat or carbohydrate issues, stones, pain, clear eyes, normal tongue, breath, nails, etc. You can also ask the doctor to measure the pboysterone to burtlancastriol ratio; it should be equal or above 1.

Waynish

It's good to note there are thousands of TCM clinics all of the world that diagnose based on a white coated tongue - and who judge their results on its absence. So, many of them definitely have some knowledge of causality - and at least, treatment.

Philjay

Hi just my own experiences.
Kenalog injection for allergies removed my geographic tounge for 2 months.

Dmso mouth wash helped for a few days.

Ive tried ketocanazole, oral thrush medication, ive tried collodial silver, and currently im trying rhodiola incase its a cortisol based issue.

I had it ever since a bad bout of salmonella.

It hurts if I drink ginger beer, apart from that no other issues.

Any help would be invaluable.

Wagner83

One drop oxidal / mb seems pretty radical. To be fair I also ate a lot of pineapple in the evening and no starch in the morning, but I think oxidal is the main reason.

Kyle Bigman

It´s really hard to figure out. I got this reply from Peat when I asked him about a geographic tongue and dental health (he had mentioned similar things before):
"There are some strong nervous and circulatory interactions between the intestine and the mouth, affecting surfaces and periodontal health, tooth sensitivity, etc. I knew a dentist who stopped doing periodontal surgery when he found that his patients were more easily cured with a laxative. Camphoric acid has been used as an intestinal disinfectant to remedy problems such as coated or sore tongue or bad breath. The tetracyclines have similar effects. Vitamins D and K are important." RP

I was already taking Vitamin D so i bought some Vitamin k from Haidut. I´ve been taking it for a few days and it seems to make my gums less red, there seems to be less built-up from all the sugar and milk than before and my tongue doesn´t look that bad anymore (although there is still some white, but not the escalated type of overgrowth as before).

I might try tetracyclines sometime again, but Peat has mentioned that the quinones (Vitamin k, tetracycline etc.) all have similar structures and functions with different numbers of rings .
tetracyclines (doxy) gave me white tongue

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals