Why don't I get morning wood?

Joocy_J

Westside PUFAs said:

I figured that but how do I increase it? I may go on trt, but I would like a more holistic way first. I do all the peat stuff and even tired dhea it did nothing.....

Last edited by a moderator:

PeatThemAll

Benadryl 25mg, by allowing me to have a couple of 5-6 uninterrupted hours of sleep, has proved itself helpful in that department.

Joocy_J

PeatThemAll said:
post 105624 Benadryl 25mg, by allowing me to have a couple of 5-6 uninterrupted hours of sleep, has proved itself helpful in that department.

I was on cyproheptadine for awhile but it makes it too hard to get out of bed.

PeatThemAll

Joocy_J said:
post 105626
PeatThemAll said:
post 105624 Benadryl 25mg, by allowing me to have a couple of 5-6 uninterrupted hours of sleep, has proved itself helpful in that department.

I was on cyproheptadine for awhile but it makes it too hard to get out of bed.

Haven't tried cypro yet. Looks like major league stuff compared to Benadryl. Maybe a trial on a low-responsibility weekend.

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 105623
Westside PUFAs said:

I figured that but how do I increase it? I may go on trt, but I would like a more holistic way first. I do all the peat stuff and even tired dhea it did nothing.....

From Haidut:

sm1693 wrote:
"Haidut,

You're an interesting guy; I have not previously heard of anyone manipulating their Testosterone into as high a level as you have.

Can you expand on exactly what you were doing to get over 1500 ng/dl Testosterone?

I see where you talk about the protein mix you are on, BCAA's, zinc, B6, vitamin E, but what exactly was your diet/other supplementation like in the weeks leading up to this high T measurement?

Thanks a lot for contributing your ideas. I'm going to order some Estroban soon (were you taking this mixture before your T measurement?)."

"Raising the T as high as possible was just an experiment I did for a month. The diet was my normal high-protein, high-sugar diet, and also I noticed that a lot of the foods I eat had quite a bit of cholesterol so that certainly helped with providing the raw materials.
The supplements were: 15g of taurine a day in divided doses; 6g-7g of aspirin in divided doses; 2,500mg of mixed tocopherols; 45mg of vitamin K2 (menatetrenone); 30mg of zinc; 10mg of B6; 1,500mg of thiamine; BCAA ( don't remember exact dosage); tyrosine (1,500mg with each BCAA dosage); caffeine (200m-400mg), niacinamide (sometimes up to 8g a day).
Obviously this is not a healthy schedule, and I am emphasizing again that it was done purely as en experiment. I don't want this forum to be flooded by bodybuilders and other athletes obsessed with "raising T". If you read Peat carefully you will see that he is not a very big fan of testosterone. In fact, he thinks it has been implicated in diseases such as ALS.
Anyways, just responding to the question."

I think the takeaway is lower estrogen and serotonin and prolactin and things will fall into place. Haidut got his testosterone from 700 to 1500.

Joocy_J

I am going to try the high dose aspirin, niacinamide, and taurine since I have them on hand might as well..

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 105633 I am going to try the high dose aspirin, niacinamide, and taurine since I have them on hand might as well..

Solid let us know how it goes.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I haven't had morning wood in years. Not since I was a teenager. I don't believe for a second that it is contingent entirely on your T levels, because I don't have a T issue. I DO have a neurotransmitter issue. I think it's probably more to do with catecholamine activity as much as anything. Men who I've known to come off exogenous T report morning wood as a sign that their natural T is returning, but that would point more to gondatropins than T itself, because why weren't they experiencing them when they were on the ample T dosage?

I have a friend who dabbles in hormones, and claims that when he uses nandrolone as a standalone (in the absence of any T) he experiences spontaneous erections and has better sex. Probably the strangest account of nandrolone I've ever heard.

Nicholas

morning wood is not necessarily low T. all things can be simplified by working from the foundation up.

also, i don't know if anyone has brought this up here, but why do we assume that testosterone is something we can aesthetically measure or something we can "feel"...

if anything, the stereotypes of high testosterone...for myself...seem to be related more to dopamine and low serotonin.

slayers

because estrogen is the reason; when they stop T the estrogen falls eventually hitting the sweet spot...

slayers

If you read Peat carefully you will see that he is not a very big fan of testosterone. In fact, he thinks it has been implicated in diseases such as ALS.
That;s not true LOL; infact peat even recommends using pure topical testosterone if need be.

Joocy_J

Nicholas said:
post 105650 morning wood is not necessarily low T. all things can be simplified by working from the foundation up.

also, i don't know if anyone has brought this up here, but why do we assume that testosterone is something we can aesthetically measure or something we can "feel"...

if anything, the stereotypes of high testosterone...for myself...seem to be related more to dopamine and low serotonin.

All of my bloodwork is normal, besides my test which is low

Joocy_J

slayers said:
post 105654
If you read Peat carefully you will see that he is not a very big fan of testosterone. In fact, he thinks it has been implicated in diseases such as ALS.
That;s not true LOL; infact peat even recommends using pure topical testosterone if need be.

What do you think of injectable test? It is easier for me to get because of meatheads at the gym...

Nicholas

Joocy_J said:
post 105664
Nicholas said:
post 105650 morning wood is not necessarily low T. all things can be simplified by working from the foundation up.

All of my bloodwork is normal, besides my test which is low

ok, well the good news is that the process of regulating blood sugar is the foundational mechanism by which you optimize/stabilize hormones...it's the foundational mechanism for all cellular healing. when you focus on regulating blood sugar you can have confidence in your method and not have to micromanage anything else with your body. i will write a little to respond to your question about blood sugar regulation on the other post.

slayers

What do you think of injectable test? It is easier for me to get because of meatheads at the gym...

I would only take testosterone that is pure from a compounding pharmacy prescribed by a doctor...
I don't know what peat thinks about testosterone injections... he only mentioned topical as being safe.

Joocy_J

slayers said:
post 105670

I would only take testosterone that is pure from a compounding pharmacy prescribed by a doctor...
I don't know what peat thinks about testosterone injections... he only mentioned topical as being safe.

Okay thanks for your response.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals