Desperate to find answers for my breathing problems and wheezing lasting almost an entire year non stop

P

Peatress

I think that is good advice @Peatress .... my doctor wants me to schedule a bone density test but my inclination is to not do it. Even if they do find that my bones are less dense or weaker what will he do.... prescribe one of those horrible drugs that you take to prevent bone loss but you might also get jaw rot? Prescribe estrogen? So when you said to take action to improve bone density without needing to confirm it did you mean exercise more? I don't take calcium but do drink a few glasses of milk a day and do take some supplements, D, K2, mag taurate, benfothiamine, folate... all the usual common ones, sometimes zinc and quercitin. Can you give me more ideas as to how to increase bone density?
Exercise is a very important but it needs to be weight bearing - diet also.

This article is actually a good place to start

frannybananny

Exercise is a very important but it needs to be weight bearing - diet also.

This article is actually a good place to start

I did read that article already.... good info but he doesn't talk about exercise. Weigh bearing is a little difficult for me so I have to do it very carefully. I tore my bicep off of the bone on my right arm, I now have a "Popeye" muscle, lol. There really is nothing to be done except let it recuperate gradually (they can't reattach it) so I need to be careful with the arms, no heavy lifting. I can carry weights while walking or going up stairs, that's about it. I think I will work more on the legs. Thanks for your advice.

P

Peatress

I did read that article already.... good info but he doesn't talk about exercise. Weigh bearing is a little difficult for me so I have to do it very carefully. I tore my bicep off of the bone on my right arm, I now have a "Popeye" muscle, lol. There really is nothing to be done except let it recuperate gradually (they can't reattach it) so I need to be careful with the arms, no heavy lifting. I can carry weights while walking or going up stairs, that's about it. I think I will work more on the legs. Thanks for your advice.
Sorry to hear that. Walking with weights is good. When you are recovered these will be good to do

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_M7qvBLFQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdmeei0kq34

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv_0UT_bIXw

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
Since my history of lung carcinoid recently , I’m still considering the potential my wheezing is carcinoid syndrome if there have been missed tumors. This chart says people had success with up to 120 mg of cypro a day. That seems high but I’m desperate enough to try it. Is this a bad idea or can I try 120 without much of an issue. I’ve gone up to 40 mg in the past.

228FF833-0CAC-4A91-BCE7-3CD89052ABF8.jpeg

Jamo77

Give nattokinase a try. My partner (unjabbed) got pericarditis late last year and with it breathing problems. She tried the conventional route with doctors and not much luck - finally took nattokinase a few weeks back and overnight her symptoms went. LadyRae got us onto it - you can search her posts here. We personally took the Arthur Andrew brand from iherb. It cleared up my breathing issues as well that I had for 20 odd years after my health crashed. Good luck.

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
Give nattokinase a try. My partner (unjabbed) got pericarditis late last year and with it breathing problems. She tried the conventional route with doctors and not much luck - finally took nattokinase a few weeks back and overnight her symptoms went. LadyRae got us onto it - you can search her posts here. We personally took the Arthur Andrew brand from iherb. It cleared up my breathing issues as well that I had for 20 odd years after my health crashed. Good luck.
I tried a lot of Lumbrokinase and it didn’t help at all unfortunately. I think it’s stronger than natto.

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
@mostlylurking

I read here there was a study where they used 10mg/kg of allithiamine a day. I’ve only ever gotten to around 400-450. Do you see a reason to go higher ?

haidut writes "The study was with humans and also included exercise, which makes thiamine even more interesting to athletes. The type of thiamine used was TTFD, which is the scientific name for allithiamine, and the dose was 10mg/kg. That would mean a total daily dose in the range of 600mg-900mg for most people. "

mostlylurking

@mostlylurking

I read here there was a study where they used 10mg/kg of allithiamine a day. I’ve only ever gotten to around 400-450. Do you see a reason to go higher ?

haidut writes "The study was with humans and also included exercise, which makes thiamine even more interesting to athletes. The type of thiamine used was TTFD, which is the scientific name for allithiamine, and the dose was 10mg/kg. That would mean a total daily dose in the range of 600mg-900mg for most people. "
I personally did not tolerate TTFD because I had a low glutathione level and TTFD uses glutathione to work. It gave me a screaming headache that lasted 36 hours. That said, experimentation is the best teacher. I've heard Dr. Chandler Marrs say that she had one patient taking 2 grams of TTFD daily and was experiencing the best health she ever had known.

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
I personally did not tolerate TTFD because I had a low glutathione level and TTFD uses glutathione to work. It gave me a screaming headache that lasted 36 hours. That said, experimentation is the best teacher. I've heard Dr. Chandler Marrs say that she had one patient taking 2 grams of TTFD daily and was experiencing the best health she ever had known.
There’s a group of people who think post viral POTS/MCAS/ME etc are a manifestation of beriberi.

I hadn’t realized beriberi causes cellular potassium wasting. If I do have beriberi and I was taking Fludrocortisone and prednsione which also lowers potassium , I wonder if my respiratory muscle weakness is a potassium deficiency compounded by thiamine deficiency. Hell, even non specific beta blockers seemingly reduce cellular potassium. Blood tests would be useless since 98% of potassium is cellular. What do you think of this?

P

Peatress

Have you seen this thread @pubh12 ?

Also TTFD increases the need for magnesium and potassium

mostlylurking

There’s a group of people who think post viral POTS/MCAS/ME etc are a manifestation of beriberi.

I hadn’t realized beriberi causes cellular potassium wasting. If I do have beriberi and I was taking Fludrocortisone and prednsione which also lowers potassium , I wonder if my respiratory muscle weakness is a potassium deficiency compounded by thiamine deficiency. Hell, even non specific beta blockers seemingly reduce cellular potassium. Blood tests would be useless since 98% of potassium is cellular. What do you think of this?
Beriberi= thiamine deficiency. Supplementing thiamine will increase the need for potassium. The body needs additional potassium to deal with the increased need so it is important to consume things that have potassium. Bananas have potassium, also orange juice. I rely on orange juice for my potassium; I high dose thiamine hcl, 1 gram 2Xday. My orange juice consumption has been enough to provide my potassium needs.

Blood tests are not very helpful when trying to determine thiamine status either. It seems that the only thiamine test that works is not available anywhere. But thiamine is considered a safe supplement to take so simply trying some and evaluating the effects would be an OK thing to do.

It is my understanding that you can over dose with potassium via supplements so getting it from food is a better way to go.

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
Have you seen this thread @pubh12 ?

Also TTFD increases the need for magnesium and potassium
Beriberi= thiamine deficiency. Supplementing thiamine will increase the need for potassium. The body needs additional potassium to deal with the increased need so it is important to consume things that have potassium. Bananas have potassium, also orange juice. I rely on orange juice for my potassium; I high dose thiamine hcl, 1 gram 2Xday. My orange juice consumption has been enough to provide my potassium needs.

Blood tests are not very helpful when trying to determine thiamine status either. It seems that the only thiamine test that works is not available anywhere. But thiamine is considered a safe supplement to take so simply trying some and evaluating the effects would be an OK thing to do.

It is my understanding that you can over dose with potassium via supplements so getting it from food is a better way to go.
Does low potassium usually happen along with low thiamine ?

@Peatress - That’s interesting. A lot to digest there. Maybe I should up my vitamin d as well that’s a bit low.

mostlylurking

Low thiamine reduces intracellular potassium.
And supplementing with thiamine makes things work better so can reduce the available potassium so drinking OJ for the potassium when supplementing with thiamine would be a good idea.

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
Low thiamine reduces intracellular potassium.
Yeah I saw that Overton article on that. There’s got to be some kind of relationship between breathing issues starting on the Fludrocortisone and already having a potential thiamine deficiency. I was trying to take 2500mg of potassium powder not that long ago but it lowered my blood pressure a lot.

My mouth and cheeks still have visible edema. But I had a bronchoscope that didn’t show anything in the larynx or main bronchi. So if it was potassium causing my breathing issues I think it might have something to do with muscle function of the muscles that hold your airways open.

mostlylurking

I was trying to take 2500mg of potassium powder not that long ago but it lowered my blood pressure a lot.
That seems like a massive dose of potassium powder. Have you considered the amount of potassium you get from your diet?
Table 2: Potassium Content of Selected Foods [13]
FoodMilligrams
(mg) per
serving
Percent
DV*
Apricots, dried, ½ cup
755​
16​
Lentils, cooked, 1 cup
731​
16​
Squash, acorn, mashed, 1 cup
644​
14​
Prunes, dried, ½ cup
635​
14​
Raisins, ½ cup
618​
13​
Potato, baked, flesh only, 1 medium
610​
13​
Kidney beans, canned, 1 cup
607​
13​
Orange juice, 1 cup
496​
11​
Soybeans, mature seeds, boiled, ½ cup
443​
9​
Banana, 1 medium
422​
9​
Milk, 1%, 1 cup
366​
8​
Spinach, raw, 2 cups
334​
7​
Chicken breast, boneless, grilled, 3 ounces
332​
7​
Yogurt, fruit variety, nonfat, 6 ounces
330​
7​
Salmon, Atlantic, farmed, cooked, 3 ounces
326​
7​
Beef, top sirloin, grilled, 3 ounces
315​
7​
Molasses, 1 tablespoon
308​
7​
Tomato, raw, 1 medium
292​
6​
Soymilk, 1 cup
287​
6​
Yogurt, Greek, plain, nonfat, 6 ounces
240​
5​
Broccoli, cooked, chopped, ½ cup
229​
5​
Cantaloupe, cubed, ½ cup
214​
5​
Turkey breast, roasted, 3 ounces
212​
5​
Asparagus, cooked, ½ cup
202​
4​
Apple, with skin, 1 medium
195​
4​
Cashew nuts, 1 ounce
187​
4​
Rice, brown, medium grain, cooked, 1 cup
154​
3​
Tuna, light, canned in water, drained, 3 ounces
153​
3​
Coffee, brewed, 1 cup
116​
2​
Lettuce, iceberg, shredded, 1 cup
102​
2​
Peanut butter, 1 tablespoon
90​
2​
Tea, black, brewed, 1 cup
88​
2​
Flaxseed, whole, 1 tablespoon
84​
2​
Bread, whole wheat, 1 slice
81​
2​
Egg, 1 large
69​
1​
Rice, white, medium grain, cooked, 1 cup
54​
1​
Bread, white, 1 slice
37​
1​
Cheese, mozzarella, part skim, 1½ ounces
36​
1​
I searched this article for "edema", but it is not mentioned.

Here's some Ray Peat articles about edema:
When energy fails: Edema, heart failure, hypertension, sarcopenia, etc.
raypeat.com › articles › edema-heart-failure-hypertension-sarcopenia
Lowering inflammation and the associated excess of free fatty acids in the blood, and improving the ability to oxidize glucose, will lower blood pressure while ...

Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity
raypeat.com › articles › articles › salt
Despite numerous publications showing that diuretics could cause the edematous problems that they were supposed to remedy, they have been one of the most ...

Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging
raypeat.com › articles › articles › water
Combined with a high protein diet, eating a little extra salt usually helps to correct a variety of problems involving edema, poor circulation, and high blood ...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals