Low Toxin Supplements Niacin Buffering Chart

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
First I would like to acknowledge that Kelsey is the one who originally came up with buffering Niacin. She took what is already a miraculous substance, and made it infinitely better. You want to buffer Niacin to help take the acid load off the body once higher doses are taken in. From our observations, people are needing a bit more buffering then Kelsey suggested, so we have increased the ratios just a bit. We have also left off sodium bicarbonate as a buffer since most people get plenty of sodium already. Any dose at 100mg and above should be buffered. Without further ado, let the buffering begin.....

edit to add: Example: If someone wanted to take 100mg of Niacin, they would put that in some water, and then add 81mg of Potassium Bicarbonate. Stir vigorously until reaction is finished, then take.
nicotinic-acid-buffering-chart.png

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
My personal favorite for buffering is potassium bicarbonate. Dr. Smith prefers magnesium carbonate.

hierundjetzt

First I would like to acknowledge that Kelsey is the one who originally came up with buffering Niacin. She took what is already a miraculous substance, and made it infinitely better. You want to buffer Niacin to help take the acid load off the body once higher doses are taken in. From our observations, people are needing a bit more buffering then Kelsey suggested, so we have increased the ratios just a bit. We have also left off sodium bicarbonate as a buffer since most people get plenty of sodium already. Any dose at 100mg and above should be buffered. Without further ado, let the buffering begin.....
interesting...so you would take the given amount of potassium bicarbonate (chart) according to how much niacin you take separately, or would combine the niacin and potassium bicarbonate with some water to achieve a neutral pH?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
interesting...so you would take the given amount of potassium bicarbonate (chart) according to how much niacin you take separately, or would combine the niacin and potassium bicarbonate with some water to achieve a neutral pH?
Good question, I should have more clear in the OP.

Example: If someone wanted to take 100mg of Niacin, they would put that in some water, and then add 87mg of Potassium Bicarbonate. Stir vigorously until reaction is finished, then take.

hierundjetzt

Example: If someone wanted to take 100mg of Niacin, they would put that in some water, and then add 87mg of Potassium Bicarbonate. Stir vigorously until reaction is finished, then take.
Ok, that's what I imagined, thanks!

Peater

What is the end product of this reaction? Some sort of neutral pH compound, but what happens to the niacin?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have updated the original post with the Nicotinic Acid buffering chart new numbers. A big thanks to Dr. Garrett Smith and Kelsey for giving me permission to use their chart numbers.

You only need to pick one of these to buffer with. Also, here is what I mentioned on a different thread regarding the buffering agents:

You would only choose one of them. My personal favorite is the potassium bicarbonate. Dr. Garrett Smith likes the Magnesium Carbonate. And Kelsey likes the Baking Soda because she says it has a "mineral exchange" effect kinda like a water softener system. So I think she is saying it helps draw the Nicotinic Acid into the body.
Kelsey also said for the baking soda the sodium in it helps protect the kidneys as they are peeing out the toxins that are released by the Nicotinic Acid.

nicotinic-acid-buffering-chart.png

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
@charlie
I am experimenting with niacin now for about a week and a half and omg.
It feels like I am an old dying tree and when I take niacin, its like life returns into me. The juices of life start flowing. Amazing
I am now at 100mg in the morning. Flush actually feels good.
Below 50mg I didn't feel it much.

What do you think, why is there such wide range? From as little as 25mg up to 3g?
Who needs 3g?
I mean I should obviously experiment, but what would I take as a guidance on how much to take?
I don't feel any detox symptoms. I don't even know what would they be.
It feels good now 100mg, but how do I decide how much I need?

Also, what does it mean to take the acid load off?
How would I know I need to do something about acid load, what are the symptoms?

Thank you and if others want to chime in🙂

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie
I am experimenting with niacin now for about a week and a half and omg.
It feels like I am an old dying tree and when I take niacin, its like life returns into me. The juices of life start flowing. Amazing
I am now at 100mg in the morning. Flush actually feels good.
Below 50mg I didn't feel it much.

What do you think, why is there such wide range? From as little as 25mg up to 3g?
Who needs 3g?
I mean I should obviously experiment, but what would I take as a guidance on how much to take?
I don't feel any detox symptoms. I don't even know what would they be.
It feels good now 100mg, but how do I decide how much I need?

Also, what does it mean to take the acid load off?
How would I know I need to do something about acid load, what are the symptoms?

Thank you and if others want to chime in🙂
These are the instructions I give to my family members: Low Toxin Supplements - Charlies Niacin Dosing Guidelines For My Family

Mitchell777

edit to add: Example: If someone wanted to take 100mg of Niacin, they would put that in some water, and then add 81mg of Potassium Bicarbonate. Stir vigorously until reaction is finished, then take.View attachment 62006
Hello Charlie,

I am going to use sodium bicarbonate as that’s all I have at the moment. You said that you have left that out but I can see sodium bicarbonate on the spreadsheet? Is this wrong then or? I am going to follow the buffering ratios for sodium bicarbonate from the spreadsheet if you can confirm that it’s correct.

Thank you.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hello Charlie,

I am going to use sodium bicarbonate as that’s all I have at the moment. You said that you have left that out but I can see sodium bicarbonate on the spreadsheet? Is this wrong then or? I am going to follow the buffering ratios for sodium bicarbonate from the spreadsheet if you can confirm that it’s correct.

Thank you.
I put it back in and the ratios are correct.

ddjd

Charlie any ideas of the pure niacin powder is slightly clumping and not dissolving.... Some of it is but part of it isn't. It's a 100% pure powder product

youngsinatra

Charlie any ideas of the pure niacin powder is slightly clumping and not dissolving.... Some of it is but part of it isn't. It's a 100% pure powder product
Same with mine. I take it straight by mouth.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Apologies for my ignorance but what is the buffering supposed to do? Can someone point me to an explanation. Thanks.

I've been recently taking between 3-6 grams spread out throughout the day for the past week to fight a cold. Has done wonders for my me. I'm now nearly fully recovered but i have been concerned about overloading the liver, does buffering help mitigate that?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Apologies for my ignorance but what is the buffering supposed to do? Can someone point me to an explanation. Thanks.

I've been recently taking between 3-6 grams spread out throughout the day for the past week to fight a cold. Has done wonders for my me. I'm now nearly fully recovered but i have been concerned about overloading the liver, does buffering help mitigate that?
Buffering is said to help bring down the acid load on the body so that the body is not having to put any stress on it to neutralize the acid from the Nicotinic acid.

arcsapien

Am I the only one who finds the idea of buffering nicotinic acid to be an unnecessary layer of complexity? I've been taking 3g of niacin daily for about 4 years, spreading it out throughout the day. Thousands have followed the orthomolecular model for decades without any "buffering." Abram Hoffer, in his extensive body of work, dedicated only about a paragraph to the concept. Additionally, citric acid, with its lower pH, is likely consumed in grams through certain supplements and no one talks about buffering that. In the grand scheme of things, 3g is not an overly large dose, yet some individuals seem to be overly concerned about buffering even 500mg of niacin. Odd.

If I consume 3g of niacin all at once on a completely empty stomach (especially with coffee), it may cause some mild digestive discomfort, but nothing excessive. Niacin is safe to take without buffering. I'm uncertain where Dr. Garrett Smith got this from.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals