SLEEP

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Slept about 4 solid hours and I'm wide awake now....ha

I had a cup of well cooked oats w/ butter, raw milk and salt. Had cup of OJ with it.

Same amount of carbs, protein and fat I normally get for dinner as I wanted to be as close to it for feedback purposes.
So the oatmeal didn’t help at all? I wouldn’t have put the orange juice with it, since oranges are high in histamines and the oatmeal is already a big carb/convert to sugar source.

Kray

I am so happy to help you and your daughters! The whole milk should not have mattered in the custard. That recently happened to me, and I use half nonfat and half whole often, and it turned out my upper oven wasn’t getting up to the correct temperature. So now I have to cook my custard in lower oven. Cook yours at 350 next time and that should help.
So good to hear it might have been temp, not milk type. I have an upper/lower and cooked mine in the upper, too. If I use the same oven I will try at 350 and see what happens. May need to test-calibrate my ovens as well. New home, new oven, new challenges! ha

Thank you for your help and feedback. See you around!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I don’t think the artichoke hearts gave me noticeably better sleep last night. I did have them 4 hours before sleep with a little olive oil and salt. I had my homemade ice cream at bedtime last night too, with the zest of one orange in it, and though I slept comfortably, with no tossing or turning, I woke up every two hours again. Around 4:30 I took a milk thistle, because it worked well the other night, and I slept four more hours straight through, having a heavy dream about a horse with a branch stuck in the top of it’s leg. My dog was in the dream too, which is first time I have dreamed about her since she died 4 months ago. This past two weeks I am finally dreaming, which I think is good because I rarely dream. Milk thistle has gotten me back to sleep successfully both times I have tried it. I was feeling really groggy this morning again, wishing someone would bring me my coffee.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
So good to hear it might have been temp, not milk type. I have an upper/lower and cooked mine in the upper, too. If I use the same oven I will try at 350 and see what happens. May need to test-calibrate my ovens as well. New home, new oven, new challenges! ha

Thank you for your help and feedback. See you around!

I look forward to it :)

Beastmode

So the oatmeal didn’t help at all? I wouldn’t have put the orange juice with it, since oranges are high in histamines and the oatmeal is already a big carb/convert to sugar source.
My body wanted some so I went with it. I slept very deep, like usual. Still might have to do more with outside factors going on (i.e- emotionally,) as I have noticed waking up a bit more lately and nothing in my diet/exercise, etc have changed but a few things.

My plan today is to carve some time out and see if I can get "clear" some of the emotional stuff and see how that impacts things.

Food and supplements are my 2nd and 3rd tier approaches after emotional work.

Summer

I’ve tried a few of the things on this thread to no avail. I wake up every couple of hours, have nightmares often and when I finally have to get up, I feel extreme anxiety. Sucks that such a basic function is so difficult to perform for many of us.

Lately I have been trying out Tim Berzins’ recommended temporary diet for curing insulin resistance and fatty liver, which consists mainly of lean meat and starch, and I can say I’ve been having some of the worst sleep I’ve ever experienced. I’m not sure if it’s the lack of sugars or maybe due to a caloric deficit, but it is miserable.

Ignoramus

I’ve tried a few of the things on this thread to no avail. I wake up every couple of hours, have nightmares often and when I finally have to get up, I feel extreme anxiety. Sucks that such a basic function is so difficult to perform for many of us.

Lately I have been trying out Tim Berzins’ recommended temporary diet for curing insulin resistance and fatty liver, which consists mainly of lean meat and starch, and I can say I’ve been having some of the worst sleep I’ve ever experienced. I’m not sure if it’s the lack of sugars or maybe due to a caloric deficit, but it is miserable.
Have you tried quitting coffee?

Summer

Caffeine in general? Once I quit I started to get really deep sleep and vivid dreams.
Unfortunately I can’t blame caffeine on my issues as I don’t consume anything that contains significant amounts of it. Glad cutting it out worked for you though and I appreciate the suggestion.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
My body wanted some so I went with it. I slept very deep, like usual. Still might have to do more with outside factors going on (i.e- emotionally,) as I have noticed waking up a bit more lately and nothing in my diet/exercise, etc have changed but a few things.

My plan today is to carve some time out and see if I can get "clear" some of the emotional stuff and see how that impacts things.

Food and supplements are my 2nd and 3rd tier approaches after emotional work.

My emotional/stress has been my wrench this past few months too, and why my usual methods aren’t working. The gelatin, marmalade tea was my best night sleep so far, this past week. Tonight I am having some pastured chicken wings EARLY for dinner and then I will have my ice cream with the orange peel just before bedtime. I am hoping the gelatin in the skin and tryptophan in the chicken will be a sleep booster. I played badminton last nights night and am playing again tonight, but will play an hour or two earlier in case that messed up things last night.

P

Peatness

I hope your sleep improves. Try these acupressure point massage before bed.

The top of the head is not listed on the site above but it works too. See below

1651597664700.png

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Sugar is A MUST for a good night sleep. Not sleeping and watching the clock all night is torture! Have you tried a sound machine? Recently I brought in my portable air filter and the hum gave me some rest, or maybe the air filter itself was helping. I think no should bring it back in my room tonight. A sound machine, usually set on a rain or trickling steam setting, is a must for everyone in my family. We panicked on one vacation when we realized we forgot to bring a sound machine and my dad started snoring terribly. After putting bandaids on my dad’s mouth didn’t work, I remedied the situation by putting the clock radio between two channels for just some static noise and turned the volume up full blast. We were all so amazed we slept so well that night. It was so funny in the morning when my dad answered the door of our hotel room before realizing he had bandaids all over his face. Occasionally one of us retells that story at a get-together!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Hmmm maybe because I got too much sleep last night, 10 hours, might be the reason for my grogginess?….

“Having a consistent seven hours’ sleep each night, without too much fluctuation in duration, was also important to cognitive performance and good mental health and wellbeing. Previous studies have also shown that interrupted sleep patterns are associated with increased inflammation, indicating a susceptibility to age-related diseases in older people.

Professor Jianfeng Feng from Fudan University in China said: “While we can’t say conclusively that too little or too much sleep causes cognitive problems, our analysis looking at individuals over a longer period of time appears to support this idea. But the reasons why older people have poorer sleep appear to be complex, influenced by a combination of our genetic makeup and the structure of our brains.”

The researchers say the findings suggest that insufficient or excessive sleep duration may be a risk factor for cognitive decline in aging. This is supported by previous studies that have reported a link between sleep duration and the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, in which cognitive decline is a hallmark symptom.”

Summer

Sugar is A MUST for a good night sleep. Not sleeping and watching the clock all night is torture! Have you tried a sound machine? Recently I brought in my portable air filter and the hum gave me some rest, or maybe the air filter itself was helping. I think no should bring it back in my room tonight. A sound machine, usually set on a rain or trickling steam setting, is a must for everyone in my family. We panicked on one vacation when we realized we forgot to bring a sound machine and my dad started snoring terribly. After putting bandaids on my dad’s mouth didn’t work, I remedied the situation by putting the clock radio between two channels for just some static noise and turned the volume up full blast. We were all so amazed we slept so well that night. It was so funny in the morning when my dad answered the door of our hotel room before realizing he had bandaids all over his face. Occasionally one of us retells that story at a get-together!
Hahah! I can imagine trying to explain that scene to whoever answered the door.

Sugar definitely seems to be crucial. I need to find a source that contains no fructose. I’m sure there’s something out there.

And some kind of white noise is a great idea. I use to do that and I’m not sure why I stopped.

Thanks for the recommendations.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Hahah! I can imagine trying to explain that scene to whoever answered the door.

Sugar definitely seems to be crucial. I need to find a source that contains no fructose. I’m sure there’s something out there.

And some kind of white noise is a great idea. I use to do that and I’m not sure why I stopped.

Thanks for the recommendations.

The funny part of that scene with my dad was that one of bandaids was hanging off of his eyebrow! I am smiling really big right now picturing his face. Oh gosh we all laughed so hard that morning!

My bathroom fan works really good for a light noise to blanket the silence.

Cow

I am a life-long insomniac who's tried everything. At the risk of sounding a bit woo, the most success I've had in improving my sleep has been by making ***t up to brainwash myself that I can and will sleep.

This came about for me after reading the book "You Are The Placebo" by Joe Espinoza. He cites a bunch of studies and examples of people who have overcome all kinds of serious medical issues with their own imagination. The book gives scientific explanations, background on brain science, and dives into quantum energy mechanics. It's fascinating.

This author gives workshops and goes on and on about meditation, but after reading the book I was like, wait a minute, I don't need your techniques, those are just another placebo! I'll skip that and make up my own, thank you very much, so I did. And it's free and fun to play with.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:
Last night I ate boiled then broiled salted pastured chicken wings for an early dinner, like 5:30, and had them with a homemade honey mustard sauce (honey, mustard, butter, curry powder & salt) and well cooked broccoli with butter and salt. About an hour later I had a lecithin free chocolate truffle made with coconut oil and then later sipped on a homemade lemonade with added pineapple juice, fresh strained orange juice and let it get good with a bunch of frozen strawberries. I had at least 3 cups of that until I went to sleep at midnight. I moved my portable air filter in my room last night too, which had a softer hum than my bathroom fan and slept straight through the night for almost 6 hours! I woke refreshed so I didn’t think it was wise to try and get in the extra hour or two.

Edit: another thing I did yesterday that was different was have Brewer’s yeast in the early afternoon, just a half serving. I had read it is good for sleep having it in general. I had one that is low in iron and had coffee before and after it. It really balanced me all day and I wasn’t hungry much after having it like I usually am. It felt so good that I am gonna have it again today.

Attachments

• 99A340FC-A2EB-4B90-82CD-C3A44624E9F2.jpeg
    99A340FC-A2EB-4B90-82CD-C3A44624E9F2.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 1472C729-2469-468C-9D8C-758B1EA9ED37.jpeg
    1472C729-2469-468C-9D8C-758B1EA9ED37.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I wonder if my good sleep last night has something to do with the lack of acidic foods?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am a life-long insomniac who's tried everything. At the risk of sounding a bit woo, the most success I've had in improving my sleep has been by making ***t up to brainwash myself that I can and will sleep.

This came about for me after reading the book "You Are The Placebo" by Joe Espinoza. He cites a bunch of studies and examples of people who have overcome all kinds of serious medical issues with their own imagination. The book gives scientific explanations, background on brain science, and dives into quantum energy mechanics. It's fascinating.

This author gives workshops and goes on and on about meditation, but after reading the book I was like, wait a minute, I don't need your techniques, those are just another placebo! I'll skip that and make up my own, thank you very much, so I did. And it's free and fun to play with.

Ha! Ha! Ha! What kind of stuff do you make up to brainwash yourself? In my twenties when my sleep was the worst I came up with my own technique, where I would concentrate on closing my eyes tighter than I normally would, and look into my own eyelids at the blackness of them l, and say in my head over and over again the work “black”. Saying and concentrating on that word over and over again while that seeing only that color took away the conversations and memories in my head that would have me stressing while I should be drifting off to sleep.

I decided to not put any life into the sleep stress madness, night before last, when I was wide awake after only 4.5 hours of sleep, and just made a cup of coffee and “went with it. The past two nights I ate foods that I wouldn’t normally eat, one was from someone bringing me over dinner, beef nachos which I had with guacamole m, and last night a restaurant meal, and my sleep was way worse those two nights. Last night I got up after just 3 hours sleep, wide awake, and took a 12-hour Claratin, a baby aspirin and a vitamin K and I slept solid and uninterrupted for 6 more hours! I am adding that combo to my desperate list!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals