Low Toxin Studies Zinc & Selenium Supplementation Significantly Raises Metabolic Rate

Hidden49

This was back in August on Grant's 9 year update: "My weight remains very steady. My strength in the gym remains excellent. I’m cycling more now that it is summer. I try to get in about 20 km per day." That's 12 miles for us americans not using the metric system.
"the age spots on my face have significantly faded this year."
"When I go skiing in the cold temperatures (say -20°C ) I’m perfectly comfortable." You forgot to mention that it isn't just not sweating, it's also not getting cold while skiing. Do you know any hypothyroid person that can ski and not get cold feet?
His joints are near perfect.

If that's a picture of someone declining into low thyroid then I'll take it! Clearly he's producing ATP just fine. My husband sweats excessively just doing mild activity, also gets out of breath, though he has a lot of muscle mass like a strongman. He is 287 pounds at 5'11. He has to use a CPAP at night. If he could be more like Grant's health I'd take it!

I think Grant could eat other foods, but he'd rather not, he is doing this to prove we don't need vit A. Onions aren't exactly a food animals are just salivating at are they? It's only us humans that think onions are so tasty, I've been avoiding them lately and had a bunch of garlic and onion last night, I nearly vomitted. It's vile stuff. Why do we eat it? I'd like to be able to eat it if I'm forced to, but I don't think it's actually a healthy food.
Maybe he's not hypo but just lower or average thyroid, but I want to see him do a hair test, I'm pretty sure will show he's in slow oxidation and reduced metabolic rate. For example I have a friend who has a high CA:K ratio which means hypo but he goes to the gym twice a day, everyday of the week and he doesn't get tired nor does he sweat much either but I know he isn't actually healthy. He is not fat or slim either and is ripped and muscly.

If you can't tolerate onions then you have some gut issue or sulfur metabolism issue. Garlic I do agree though I don't think is great.

Hidden49

It just means its going to take a lot longer, that's the difference. When an over person might take 2 or 3 years to unlock, it might take an under type twice as long because the liver is severely compromised.
Sorry but Vitamin A toxicity is not the only cause of health issues, and it is not the only cause of Cholestasis and liver issues

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sorry but Vitamin A toxicity is not the only cause of health issues, and it is not the only cause of Cholestasis and liver issues
"Vitamin A" starts the cascade. What else is literally melting the bile ducts causing them to clog besides pharmaceuticals? Once the cascade starts then all the other toxins have a much easier time sticking around. Toxins are the cause of health issues.

InChristAlone

Maybe he's not hypo but just lower or average thyroid, but I want to see him do a hair test, I'm pretty sure will show he's in slow oxidation and reduced metabolic rate. For example I have a friend who has a high CA:K ratio which means hypo but he goes to the gym twice a day, everyday of the week and he doesn't get tired nor does he sweat much either but I know he isn't actually healthy. He is not fat or slim either and is ripped and muscly.

If you can't tolerate onions then you have some gut issue or sulfur metabolism issue. Garlic I do agree though I don't think is great.
I guess the question is what would you change about his diet to increase his metabolism?

I always thought I did fine on garlic and onions, but this was a lot of garlic. I now know I need to avoid that. If I hadn't done the experiment I would probably still think it was okay. But yeah I am going to look into molybdenum more.

Don

It took Hope who is in the love your liver group three years to unlock her liver and then she started dumping iron and copper like crazy. You just have to keep chipping away at it until the Alchemy of the body changes to where the toxins literally cannot hold on anymore and get purged.

And I am sure you know about under types? Basically those who cannot put on fat their liver is in the worst shape because they have lost that protection mechanism of putting toxins into fat. So basically the toxins run rough shod over the organs and glands. Dr. Garrett Smith basically figured out the obesity paradox, this is why people who can put on fat are generally more healthy then people who stay skinny and cannot put on fat.

@Don
Thanks I did not know this and was wondering.

mosaic01

That's such a great improvement! How did you manage to get off chocolate? Serious question... I've been struggling with this. My hair test was off the charts too at 156 :(

Well, once I received the hair test results, I was so shocked that I just dropped it.

I had very frightening symptoms at that time that did not make it optional.

Now, after a year, when I eat a bit of chocolate it actually tastes appalling. That's extremely fascinating to me. I think the taste is actually pretty bad but the brain just tricks us into liking it due to the drug effect.

Chocolate now has an annoying bitterness to it for me. But maybe that's just me.

InChristAlone

Peat says you can gauge thyroid by your hands and feet: "If hands and feet are colder than average, that means your adrenaline is holding the temperature up for the heart and brain. Cold extremities are the first sign of failing thyroid function." And I've used this successfully for myself. Toasty feet and nose.. I'm good. Heat lamp can do this very quickly no need to stay cold and low thyroid.

So maybe you are referring to something other than thyroid? Is oxidation linked with thyroid health?

Hidden49

I guess the question is what would you change about his diet to increase his metabolism?

I always thought I did fine on garlic and onions, but this was a lot of garlic. I now know I need to avoid that. If I hadn't done the experiment I would probably still think it was okay. But yeah I am going to look into molybdenum more.
His diet is good for slow oxidiser, high protein, carbs low fat, no calcium, but if he really wanted to increase metabolism then taking TEI supplements according to his HTMA results would be the way, although maybe he has a whole bunch of heavy metals hiding somewhere in his body that would only be revealed to him on a mineral balancing programme that turns his proper metabolism back online.

Also I just had a look at his video from 7 years ago compared to his latest one and his mood and demeanour is exactly the same, not very upbeat quite low energy and a bit depressed/unhappy. Something isn't right there, copper metabolism probably not working or lack of Vitamin A to supply ceruloplasmin, but he seems high serotonin and low dopamine. And I can relate to this feeling, feeling slightly dead inside, low mood/not that happy and when I started mineral balancing that all changed.

The bad thing about his diet is it is extremely limited so he will have poor microbiome diversity and issues eating other foods and microbiome status can also affect mood.

taralynne

Well, once I received the hair test results, I was so shocked that I just dropped it.

I had very frightening symptoms at that time that did not make it optional.

Now, after a year, when I eat a bit of chocolate it actually tastes appalling. That's extremely fascinating to me. I think the taste is actually pretty bad but the brain just tricks us into liking it due to the drug effect.

Chocolate now has an annoying bitterness to it for me. But maybe that's just me.
I have been on and off it several times but never for very long. I plan on trying again and I hope I can stay away long enough to have the same experience as you that it will not taste good once I'm in a healthier place.

InChristAlone

His diet is good for slow oxidiser, high protein, carbs low fat, no calcium, but if he really wanted to increase metabolism then taking TEI supplements according to his HTMA results would be the way, although maybe he has a whole bunch of heavy metals hiding somewhere in his body that would only be revealed to him on a mineral balancing programme that turns his proper metabolism back online.

Also I just had a look at his video from 7 years ago compared to his latest one and his mood and demeanour is exactly the same, not very upbeat quite low energy and a bit depressed/unhappy. Something isn't right there, copper metabolism probably not working or lack of Vitamin A to supply ceruloplasmin, but he seems high serotonin and low dopamine. And I can relate to this feeling, feeling slightly dead inside, low mood/not that happy and when I started mineral balancing that all changed.

The bad thing about his diet is it is extremely limited so he will have poor microbiome diversity and issues eating other foods and microbiome status can also affect mood.
I really don't think we can gauge his happiness level by a podcast, he seems just like my Dad, an engineer, not really gifted at public speaking or anything. I can barely get a proper text back from my Dad. Although he is doing a lot better now that he's retired and more happy. I think Grant is still working.

Yeah I mean his diet is extremely limited I'll give you that. Sometimes people like the routine and simplicity. But it does probably cause low dopamine. That's not super bad unless he really is depressed. Maybe his dopamine receptors are super sensitive we don't know. All it takes for me to get super high is a little bit of caffeine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals