Low Toxin Logs Charlie's Low Toxin Lifestyle (diet, supplements, etc)

I could not eat so many grains and beans Charlie, without a ton of calcium, or my teeth would suffer. I cut dairy out for many years and my teeth became so sensitive and transparent. I love them though, but eat them sprouted now, which makes a huge difference. I still eat beans occasionally, like less than a half cup, like Ray did enjoying a little hummus once in awhile. I have read they are good at mopping up some estrogens too, and helpful to those with cystic acne.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I could not eat so many grains and beans Charlie, without a ton of calcium, or my teeth would suffer. I cut dairy out for many years and my teeth became so sensitive and transparent. I love them though, but eat them sprouted now, which makes a huge difference. I still eat beans occasionally, like less than a half cup, like Ray did enjoying a little hummus once in awhile. I have read they are good at mopping up some estrogens too, and helpful to those with cystic acne.
Ray started eating oats before he passed on. It looks like he was heading down the soluble fiber/grains rabbit hole before his passing. My teeth are now reminerlizing and stronger then they have been in years. I wonder if you diet was very high in vA at the time and/or maybe very low in protein so you did not have much retinol binding protein to protect from the vA which damages teeth.

Ray started eating oats before he passed on. It looks like he was heading down the soluble fiber/grains rabbit hole before his passing. My teeth are now reminerlizing and stronger then they have been in years. I wonder if you diet was very high in vA at the time and/or maybe very low in protein so you did not have much retinol binding protein to protect from the vA which damages teeth.
I was on the blood-type diet at that time, which said that for my “O” blood-type to avoid most dairy, but allowed for oats, brown rice and beans, lots of meat and not much fruit. I looked great and lost ten pounds over the course of a year, but my teeth got to a bad place, which is why I switched to Ray Peat. I still adhere to parts of that blood-type diet though.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie Thank you for taking the time with all you've been managing here recently to provide this important post.
You are very welcome. Sincerely appreciate the kind words, thank you.:hattip

RayIV

Would sodium molybdate be preferred over molybdenum glycinate chelate, as a source of molybdenum?

Ashs

How much of Potassium Bicarbonate and Potassium Gluconate do you take per day.
And is it daily or couple of times a week.
Thanks Charlie.

J.R.K

This is not log per say, simply because I really do not have the time to log a complete picture. But I will use this thread to post a general all around of how I am doing this low toxin lifestyle, and any tips/tricks that I learn along the way.

First, this lifestyle has taken me from what I felt was the brink of death and now I am thriving with plenty of energy, deep sleep, and continually improving digestion and basically continually improving everything. I do not want to get into all the specifics, but it truly is a miracle the turnaround that was made in a little under 2 years. My brother was just telling me yesterday that I look so strong and vibrant and continue to get more of both. He calls it the miracle turnaround.

Going in, I knew this would be a commitment and am in it for the long haul. Same with Peating, the drain PUFA in 4 or 7 years mantra was big back in the day, so I decided to stick in that long to prove right or wrong. It was proven wrong in my case. So for the low toxin lifestyle, the theory is the liver is slap full of "vitamin A" (vA) and it takes quite a while to remove the vA. So, I am committed to walking this out. And so far, the results have been nothing but incredible. The "detox events" can be a bear sometimes, but every single time I come out on the other side stronger, more vibrant, and just all around healthier.

Here is some info about what I am eating. I do hesitate to post it, because what works for me might not work for you. But this is how I am rolling right now and it can indeed change. Also my diet is very simple because I am not married at the moment so basically doing all the food prep myself so I keep it simple as possible.

One of the most important aspects about the low vA diet is pooping. If you are not pooping, you are not getting the toxins out. Simple as that. And if you have cholestasis, the toxins are dumping into the blood and some will leave through the skin as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc. So you have to get bile moving and out of the body. Soluble fiber is so important for this. So beans, psyllium husk, etc are needed to pull out the bile. Not only does soluble fiber stimulate the liver to excrete bile, it also grabs ahold of the bile and moves it out the body into the toilet. For some, adding in soluble fiber can be a rough go at first, so backing down and easing back into it keeping to a comfortable level is good. Detoxing is truly and art, and artform you will perfect as you go. As your bile starts flowing better, and your bile acid profile changes, digestion will continue to improve.

Another very important and incredible way to get the poop going, is potassium. In the low vA groups many have noticed potassium is a game changer. And for me, it was an absolute game changer for me. Magnesium is another. Dr. Smith in his practice has found that magnesium as magnesium chloride topically stands alone on its ability to bring up magnesium stores. He says it works 10 times better then anything else. I have found this to be true. So, for my topical magnesium I use this recipe:

You can also do baths with magnesium and potassium. It is important NOT to use magnesium sulfate (Epsom Salt) as the sulfur slows down the detox system. Also, keep in mind that if you water is high in copper, this can be an issue as the copper is absorbed very easy. Personally, I stay away from baths.

So again, pooping is crucial. Ideally a person should be pooping first thing when they wake up, then after every meal. Many of us are noticing the size of our poops are monumental, this is what you want. Me and my brother are head members of the "logs for life" club. Hope to see you in there soon.

As far as supplements. I will post my stack below. Did I start on all these at first, no way. And I had a very hard time with Selenium(Sel) and Molybdenum(Molyb) at first. I was extremely copper toxic going into this, I thought I had full blown Parkinsons. Come to find out after testing it was copper toxicity. I think copper toxicity is running rampant alongside vA toxicity and a lot are suffering from it without realizing.

I also had a very hard time with zinc due to it displacing copper. So when I would introduce Sel, Molyb and zinc I would literally feel like I was getting fried by electricity due to my liver trying to remove the copper and also other heavy metals and toxins. It is not until recently have I been able to tolerate all three, and I think a big reason for that is the introduction of Niacin as Nicotic Acid. Niacin has been an absolute game changer. Dr. Smith says it opens up the bottlenecks of detoxification, and boy oh boy does it do that. Toxins are literally ooozing out of every pore and fluid of my body to get out. The profound changes that happen with Niacin are nothing short of miraculous. I have some family members around me who have not started the diet yet, and they have started the Niacin and it has been a game changer for them. Better sleep, more energy, etc.

I am also trialing CDS right now to help oxidize the toxins. I am only taking a very small dose and I do not recommend anyone taking this without doing full research into it. This is not a game.

So, for my family members. My first recommendation to them for supplements is Niacin, then Magnesium and Potassium. Once they get a solid feel and foundation built on those, then I advise them to start looking at Sel, Molyb, and Zinc all the while making sure you are getting good clean sodium too.

I am also going to be trialing B7 due to @haidut's recent findings. Dr. Smith has said that he believes the B Vitamins are simply antidotes for toxins. My experience backs up his claims.

Sunlight is important to detox vA, so getting plenty of safe amounts of sunlight is important. When I am not able to get sunlight I supplement with tanning beds. Will sunlight get rid of excess vA from a vA rich diet? No way, you cannot out sunlight a vA heavy diet.

Breathing is such another important part about all this. If you notice, mainstream knowledge is all about "anti-oxidants". Well, oxidation is life, no wonder they are against oxidation. And a huge amount of detox of Aldehydes happens through the lungs. So breathing can be another game change as I have found this to be true. I am using Rome Za's breathing program. It has taken my detoxing up another level and has profoundly changed me. This is so important, do not miss this. I am in no way affiliated with Rome I am only a user of his breathing program.

Another big aspect is EMF mitigation. When the correct EMF mitigation is applied, the detox capacity of the body increases dramatically. If I had to pick of only two things I could use for detoxing, they would be Niacin and the proper EMF mitigation. These two things have made the biggest and most profound changes in my life and my family members around me. Truly mitigating EMF removes an incredible amount of stress from the body so that it can then use that energy to detox instead.

Clean water is another very important aspect, so distilled water is best and then reverse osmosis is second best. Either one of these will be fine. If you are worried about no minerals in the water, sprinkling a bit of 50/50 salt.

I am also doing infrared sauna and ozone sauna's with CO2. Both of these are absolute game changers. Especially when used in tandem with Niacin. I used the Ozone Lady website to get the instructions for the sauna. Here is the link:

That is about all I can think of right now. I will update this thread as I can. If I make any changes to the OP I will post about it in the thread. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer best I can.
Thank you @charlie for providing more insight and sharing your experiences. I am curious as to your supplement sources and if your were able to vet them for purity and excipients, if toxins are an issue I presume yes is the answer. But if you have clean sources to share this would be helpful.

Deadpool

@charlie I am also in the LYL group and have been trying to implement some of the principles over the past 2 1.5 years.

The main thing for me hasnt really been eliminating vit A, tho I've lowered it tremendously, but like you said, push the system in the direction of the right minerals with magnesium, potassium, zinc, moly, selenium etc.

For me especially, I feel like magnesium and potassium are huge but its tricky to get the balance down, so I was hoping maybe you had some advice.

After just 1 year of peating at 19 years old, I got a huge spike in blood pressure as well as periods with intense pulsating intracranial head pressure. When that would happen, I would down pounds of salt as the Peat people would advice to lower blood pressure, only making everything worse. So essentially during that time, I think I made myself heavily deficient in magnesium and potassium, as well as zinc with all the calcium and copper through dairy and salt I was consuming.

Anyways, I started on the mag first orally through my naturopath shortly before discovering LYL and trying it topically. I would get relief but eventually feel issues which I attributed to potassium wasting. Also because I was doing b vitamins. So I tried potassium.

I pretty much went through every form. Citrate, gluconate, chloride etc. I knew Smith said citrate can be an issue due to mouldiness. I started going heavily on potassium chloride along with topical magnesium chloride and I think after a while I gave myself a huge chloride overdose. I think Ive been going way too acidic.

I know you talk about buffering now with the niacin but what form of potassium are you actually supplementing? And how much?

I've just recently started trying potassium citrate again and I have to say, I felt a big relief. But I am not sure yet.

So yeah, bascially I guess what I am asking is,can you maybe give some advice towards potassium supplementing. Forms, dosage and any tips really.

Thanks!

sunny

@charlie could you use chronometer and post a picture of a typical day as you did Peat, and a typical day as you do low A , with foods and supplements that were used on each .

purple pill

I pretty much went through every form. Citrate, gluconate, chloride etc. I knew Smith said citrate can be an issue due to mouldiness. I started going heavily on potassium chloride along with topical magnesium chloride and I think after a while I gave myself a huge chloride overdose. I think Ive been going way too acidic.
Tried a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate? in the morning on an empty stomach, should get pretty instant relief if you are acidic. I used to just throw it in my morning coffee, somewhat ruins the pleasure of drinking it though lol

purple pill

Smith is becoming more and more convinced that copper is a toxin. I think he might have already fully committed to it, but he was being careful not to totally say it was for a while. He has shown, and I have seen people in the low vA groups that when people think they are copper deficient, they are actually super copper toxic. One lady, @Hope, her doctors diagnosed her copper deficient, super low blood copper. Well, she knew different and instead treated herself as copper toxic. It took her about 3 years I think, and then the liver finally started letting go of the copper and dumping it, literally electrocuting her in the process. Now, her doctors have diagnosed her as copper toxic. However, she knows that she was always copper toxic and now the body is finally letting go of that copper and she is getting better and better. Copper is just plain awful, I suffered greatly because of it and wish it upon no one. And getting it out is quite the challenge and when its coming out it causes immense discomfort and just messes with the entire body electrical system. I can feel myself getting stronger and stronger the more of it that comes out. So I am in agreement with Smith, copper should be limited as much as possible. From food, jewelry, water as in drinking water, shower/bath water, etc.
Does copper just get dumped through bile too when intake sources are reduced for long enough??

Noticed quite alot lately that i keep getting electric shocks from from tv's laptops, lamps etc, even people (big sparks at times).....no one else in my house gets shocked from these things, wonder if im just super conductive from excess copper :think: I did follow some copper guy very briefly and do love my chocolate

htuoyabc

Forum Supporter
Hi Charlie, would you mind telling the brands of each of these supplements you currently use and where you source them? And any things to watch out for when sourcing if we do consider going with another brand? I understand toxins are a concern with supplements. I can get into analysis paralysis when I go shopping for these things. And if you change your source for a supplement later, no big deal.

Also, is activated charcoal something that could help bind and remove toxins? I am wary of fiber. My experiences with it in the past have been bad. Get constipated, have acid reflux, etc. Had my best bowel movements ever as a carnivore.

Also, I make gelatin from beef feet and tendons. I remove and discard the fat. Any issues with using that as part of this diet. Should marrow bones be avoided?

Really appreciate you sharing this concept. I am ;looking forward to trying this out.

Validus

Why consume magnesium hydroxide over something like magnesium glycinate?

What I find most interesting about your post is internal vibrations/electrocutions etc.

When I was taking high dose niacin, that's exactly what increased.

Especially my internal organs and my quads...I could feel very fast vibrations and would sometimes materialize into very fast muscle twitching.

It sounds like you think that could be liberated copper? How would you speed up that process and minimize the negative sensations?

purple pill

What I find most interesting about your post is internal vibrations/electrocutions etc.

When I was taking high dose niacin, that's exactly what increased.

Especially my internal organs and my quads...I could feel very fast vibrations and would sometimes materialize into very fast muscle twitching.

It sounds like you think that could be liberated copper? How would you speed up that process and minimize the negative sensations?

interesting, a while back when i was regularly taking niacin up to 3 grams a day i had to seriously back off because I was getting what felt like restless leg syndrome. After upping niacin again recently ive felt it almost developing again but trimethylglycine seems to keep it at bay, not sure if its the methyl or the glycine thats helping... ive heard niacin depletes both

Validus

interesting, a while back when i was regularly taking niacin up to 3 grams a day i had to seriously back off because I was getting what felt like restless leg syndrome. After upping niacin again recently ive felt it almost developing again but trimethylglycine seems to keep it at bay, not sure if its the methyl or the glycine thats helping... ive heard niacin depletes both
I've read that too - I've started taking DMG - dimethylglycine, similar to TMG, but one less methyl group and it seems to be helping too.

I'm thinking about adding Sam-E in too. I feel off every time I start taking a b-complex, even methylated B's.

Morten

Forum Supporter
This is not log per say, simply because I really do not have the time to log a complete picture. But I will use this thread to post a general all around of how I am doing this low toxin lifestyle, and any tips/tricks that I learn along the way.

First, this lifestyle has taken me from what I felt was the brink of death and now I am thriving with plenty of energy, deep sleep, and continually improving digestion and basically continually improving everything. I do not want to get into all the specifics, but it truly is a miracle the turnaround that was made in a little under 2 years. My brother was just telling me yesterday that I look so strong and vibrant and continue to get more of both. He calls it the miracle turnaround.

Going in, I knew this would be a commitment and am in it for the long haul. Same with Peating, the drain PUFA in 4 or 7 years mantra was big back in the day, so I decided to stick in that long to prove right or wrong. It was proven wrong in my case. So for the low toxin lifestyle, the theory is the liver is slap full of "vitamin A" (vA) and it takes quite a while to remove the vA. So, I am committed to walking this out. And so far, the results have been nothing but incredible. The "detox events" can be a bear sometimes, but every single time I come out on the other side stronger, more vibrant, and just all around healthier.

Here is some info about what I am eating. I do hesitate to post it, because what works for me might not work for you. But this is how I am rolling right now and it can indeed change. Also my diet is very simple because I am not married at the moment so basically doing all the food prep myself so I keep it simple as possible.

One of the most important aspects about the low vA diet is pooping. If you are not pooping, you are not getting the toxins out. Simple as that. And if you have cholestasis, the toxins are dumping into the blood and some will leave through the skin as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc. So you have to get bile moving and out of the body. Soluble fiber is so important for this. So beans, psyllium husk, etc are needed to pull out the bile. Not only does soluble fiber stimulate the liver to excrete bile, it also grabs ahold of the bile and moves it out the body into the toilet. For some, adding in soluble fiber can be a rough go at first, so backing down and easing back into it keeping to a comfortable level is good. Detoxing is truly and art, and artform you will perfect as you go. As your bile starts flowing better, and your bile acid profile changes, digestion will continue to improve.

Another very important and incredible way to get the poop going, is potassium. In the low vA groups many have noticed potassium is a game changer. And for me, it was an absolute game changer for me. Magnesium is another. Dr. Smith in his practice has found that magnesium as magnesium chloride topically stands alone on its ability to bring up magnesium stores. He says it works 10 times better then anything else. I have found this to be true. So, for my topical magnesium I use this recipe:

You can also do baths with magnesium and potassium. It is important NOT to use magnesium sulfate (Epsom Salt) as the sulfur slows down the detox system. Also, keep in mind that if you water is high in copper, this can be an issue as the copper is absorbed very easy. Personally, I stay away from baths.

So again, pooping is crucial. Ideally a person should be pooping first thing when they wake up, then after every meal. Many of us are noticing the size of our poops are monumental, this is what you want. Me and my brother are head members of the "logs for life" club. Hope to see you in there soon.

As far as supplements. I will post my stack below. Did I start on all these at first, no way. And I had a very hard time with Selenium(Sel) and Molybdenum(Molyb) at first. I was extremely copper toxic going into this, I thought I had full blown Parkinsons. Come to find out after testing it was copper toxicity. I think copper toxicity is running rampant alongside vA toxicity and a lot are suffering from it without realizing.

I also had a very hard time with zinc due to it displacing copper. So when I would introduce Sel, Molyb and zinc I would literally feel like I was getting fried by electricity due to my liver trying to remove the copper and also other heavy metals and toxins. It is not until recently have I been able to tolerate all three, and I think a big reason for that is the introduction of Niacin as Nicotic Acid. Niacin has been an absolute game changer. Dr. Smith says it opens up the bottlenecks of detoxification, and boy oh boy does it do that. Toxins are literally ooozing out of every pore and fluid of my body to get out. The profound changes that happen with Niacin are nothing short of miraculous. I have some family members around me who have not started the diet yet, and they have started the Niacin and it has been a game changer for them. Better sleep, more energy, etc.

I am also trialing CDS right now to help oxidize the toxins. I am only taking a very small dose and I do not recommend anyone taking this without doing full research into it. This is not a game.

So, for my family members. My first recommendation to them for supplements is Niacin, then Magnesium and Potassium. Once they get a solid feel and foundation built on those, then I advise them to start looking at Sel, Molyb, and Zinc all the while making sure you are getting good clean sodium too.

I am also going to be trialing B7 due to @haidut's recent findings. Dr. Smith has said that he believes the B Vitamins are simply antidotes for toxins. My experience backs up his claims.

Sunlight is important to detox vA, so getting plenty of safe amounts of sunlight is important. When I am not able to get sunlight I supplement with tanning beds. Will sunlight get rid of excess vA from a vA rich diet? No way, you cannot out sunlight a vA heavy diet.

Breathing is such another important part about all this. If you notice, mainstream knowledge is all about "anti-oxidants". Well, oxidation is life, no wonder they are against oxidation. And a huge amount of detox of Aldehydes happens through the lungs. So breathing can be another game change as I have found this to be true. I am using Rome Za's breathing program. It has taken my detoxing up another level and has profoundly changed me. This is so important, do not miss this. I am in no way affiliated with Rome I am only a user of his breathing program.

Another big aspect is EMF mitigation. When the correct EMF mitigation is applied, the detox capacity of the body increases dramatically. If I had to pick of only two things I could use for detoxing, they would be Niacin and the proper EMF mitigation. These two things have made the biggest and most profound changes in my life and my family members around me. Truly mitigating EMF removes an incredible amount of stress from the body so that it can then use that energy to detox instead.

Clean water is another very important aspect, so distilled water is best and then reverse osmosis is second best. Either one of these will be fine. If you are worried about no minerals in the water, sprinkling a bit of 50/50 salt.

I am also doing infrared sauna and ozone sauna's with CO2. Both of these are absolute game changers. Especially when used in tandem with Niacin. I used the Ozone Lady website to get the instructions for the sauna. Here is the link:

That is about all I can think of right now. I will update this thread as I can. If I make any changes to the OP I will post about it in the thread. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer best I can.
Could it be 100 % pure alcohol?

Magnesium & Potassium (MAGA-Pot) Recipe
It's important to note that potassium chloride doesn't blend well with alcohol, necessitating the addition of extra water for proper integration.
Here's the formula for Magnesium and Potassium mix:
  • 1 cup of magnesium chloride in either powder or flake form
  • 1 TBSP of potassium chloride in powder form
  • 1/2 cup of a clear alcoholic drink, preferably 80 proof (which is 40% alcohol by volume - I opt for Kirkland/Costco Tequila for its superior aroma compared to vodka)
  • 1/2 cup of purified water, be it reverse osmosis, distilled, or deionized
Recommended usage for MAGA-Pot ranges between 20-40 sprays daily. This suggestion is based on the typical plastic hair spray pump bottle used for magnesium oils. I've discovered that this blend, incorporating water and not just alcohol, along with both magnesium and potassium, offers a more agreeable experience and is more effectively absorbed by the skin compared to a formula that only includes alcohol and magnesium.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals