Low Toxin Testimonials “Chicken Skin” aka Keratosis Pilaris Resolved!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

InChristAlone

That disproves Peat's theory then doesn't it?
"RAY PEAT: Partly it’s the close connection between vitamin A and thyroid. The skin needs vitamin A to differentiate properly and mucous membranes require vitamin A too, so that in an extreme deficiency the surface of the eye becomes scaly and like snakeskin. But the lack of both thyroid and vitamin A can cause lots of skin problems, including plugging the pores and allowing infection to set in because the thyroid doesn’t allow the immune cells to function properly. And thinning of the skin just because it isn’t growing fast enough. Estrogen is contrary to vitamin A’s effect. Progesterone and vitamin A are closely connected, so that when you have enough vitamin A and thyroid even your skin can produce progesterone and other steroids. And when they are lacking, then estrogen takes effect and it tends to prematurely harden or keratinize the skin cells. They’re called keratinized because they become horny that the juicy cell collapses and becomes just a bit of leathery scale-like material, like it makes a pore in our hair."

Mr Joe

1706805441784.png

Problem is somewhere else (thyroid). Fix it you will fix the problem with vit A.

InChristAlone

View attachment 61023

Problem is somewhere else (thyroid). Fix it you will fix the problem with vit A.
We don't know what else she is eating. I would recommend UVB, eliminating all carotenoids, getting enough muscle meat for zinc and soluble fiber.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No, the problem is the liver. Fix that and fix everything including thyroid.

Mr Joe

We don't know what else she is eating. I would recommend UVB, eliminating all carotenoids, getting enough muscle meat for zinc and soluble fiber.
No matter what she is eating, if the girl is not having big quantity of vit A in her life, you should start to open your eyes and see that many people that have what you call "vit A toxicity" don't even have a big quantity of vit A in their daily life especially if she is a kid, not even had time to stock all the A in the liver (according to Garrett theory). Now we should admit that the problem is somewhere else and that people benefiting from restricting vit A are maybe hypo or low vit D or something else. By fixing this something else people could live normaly without having "toxicity" when they eat a carrot.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No matter what she is eating, if the girl is not having big quantity of vit A in her life, you should start to open your eyes and see that many people that have what you call "vit A toxicity" don't even have a big quantity of vit A in their daily life especially if she is a kid, not even had time to stock all the A in the liver (according to Garrett theory). Now we should admit that the problem is somewhere else and that people benefiting from restricting vit A are maybe hypo or low vit D or something else. By fixing this something else people could live normaly without having "toxicity" when they eat a carrot.
Have you read Grant Genereux's books?

Mr Joe

Have you read Grant Genereux's books?
Yes and I have a close friend that is doing the exact grant gereux diet for 2 years with everything copper psyllium and doing the thing like a nazi. Results were pretty good on the first 6 months, he is now not good at all.

md_a

I took a random study.

Keratosis pilaris
may resemble the following uncommon skin conditions:

• Lichen spinulosus
  • Pityriasis rubra pilaris
  • Ulerythema ophryogenes (ulerythema)
  • Ichthyosis vulgaris
  • Eruptive vellus hair cysts
  • Erythromelanosis follicularis faciei et colli
  • Keratosis follicularis (Darier disease)
  • Kyrle disease

• Lichen nitidus

Pityriasis Rubra Pilar and hypothyroidism*

Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris (PRP) is a chronic and rare papulosquamous disorder. Treatment of Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris is based on empiric evidence because of several doubts regarding its etiology and also because of its relative rarity, making randomized studies difficult to perform. Some factors suggest that the metabolism of vitamin A is involved in pathogenesis. We report a case of Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris associated with autoimmune hypothyroidism which presented rapid and complete response after thyroid hormone replacement, without any association with other systemic treatment. In literature there are only three other reports of significant improvement of the lesions after hormonal correction. Deficiency of thyroid hormone inhibits the conversion of carotene into vitamin A, which would be responsible for the occurrence of Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris in this patient.

CASE REPORT​

The patient was a white man, 30 years old, with erythemato-squamous plaques in a follicular pattern affecting elbows, knees and back of hands, associated with palmoplantar hyperkeratosis (Figure 1). Initially topical corticoids were used together with salicylic acid, with no improvement. Referred to our service, a cutaneous biopsy was requested for anatomopathological (AP) exam, the main diagnostic hypotheses being Psoriasis and Pityriasis rubra pilaris. The first laboratory exams showed subclinical hypothyroidism (TSH: 11.25mU/mL; T4L:1.08ng/dL) associated with hypertriglyceridemia (235mg/dl). HIV serology was negative. It was decided to introduce levothyroxine 50mcg/day and refer the patient to the endocrinologist for follow-up. Only skin hydration was maintained. AP showed ectasia and follicular hyperkeratosis, besides lymphocytary superficial perivascular inflammatory infiltrate, favoring the clinical proposition of Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris. A considerable improvement of the lesions was noticed after only 30 days of hormone replacement (Figure 2). It was opted to follow-up with only cutaneous hydration and adjustment of thyroid function. The subsequent follow-up showed progressive improvement of lesions (Figure 3).

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc.Object name is abd-89-03-0497-g01.jpg

FIGURE 1
    Erythemato-squamous plaques with follicular pattern involving elbows, knees, back of hands and trunk

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc.Object name is abd-89-03-0497-g02.jpg

FIGURE 2
    Significant improvement of lesions after 30 days of hormone replacement

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc.Object name is abd-89-03-0497-g03.jpg

FIGURE 3
    Clinical improvement after 3 months of hormonal control
    Go to:

DISCUSSION​

The not very clear pathogenesis of PRP is the main culprit for the multiple and ineffective treatments employed. For many years PRP was associated with vitamin A deficiency, hypothesis corroborated by its histological similarity to hypovitaminosis A and the clinical improvement of patients after high doses of this vitamin. However, vitamin A replacement fell into disuse due to its inconsistent results. The frequent finding of normal serum levels of vitamin A suggests that there would be a failure in its metabolism and not a deficiency.
    Vitamin A circulates in the human plasma as retinol, linked to a retinol binding specific carrier protein (RBP).
    In the Finzi et al study a low level of this binding protein was found, which suggests the decrease of retinol arrival to the epidermis, which would explain the best clinical response with the use of topical vitamin A or retinoic acid (active form of retinol) in comparison with parenteral and oral use of the vitamin.6
    Other authors believe in the alteration of the immune system due to its association with other autoimmune diseases (myasthenia gravis, hypothyroidism and celiac disease), malignancies (bronchogenic, renal cell and hepatocellular carcinomas) and HIV infection.
    Hypothyroidism is directly linked to vitamin A metabolism alteration. The thyroid hormone is fundamental to the conversion of ingested carotenes to vitamin A. The hypothyroidism patients present almost total blockage of this conversion and only a small amount of carotenoids, not converted to vitamin A, are absorbed by humans.7
    In this case, we show the dramatic improvement of lesions after thyroid hormone correction, without the use of any other therapy.
    In the literature there are only 3 similar cases reported. The first was in 1964, in a review article.8 Tunessen et al described the second case of erythrodermic PRP in a 4-year-old child, associated with severe hypothyroidism.7 The last described case we found was from Orlandini et al, about a 24-year-old man with erythrodermic PRP who presented complete improvement of the clinical picture after 3 months of hormone replacement.9
    We cannot discard clinical improvement as natural evolution of the disease, for spontaneous remission can occur in up to 80% of the cases, specially in the erythrodermic form; however, it only occurs after 1 to 3 years of evolution and systemic treatments are normally necessary to hasten recovery. In all described cases, clinical improvement was obtained, in average, 30 to 90 days after the start of hormone replacement, without any association with other therapy, strongly suggesting there is direct effect of this treatment on PRP.
    Hypothyroidism is also associated with cholesterol level changes. In our case, besides hormone level changes, the increase of triglycerides (TG) was observed. The deficiency of thyroid hormones diminishes the rate of TG removal.
    In literature some cases were described about patients whose TG serum level increased after treatment with high doses of vitamin A. Nevertheless, the true causal relation of this increase regarding treatment with vitamin A has been questioned. On these studies cholesterol levels were not dosed before the start of treatment. Perhaps these patients had already had their thyroid function altered and the simple hormonal adjustment led to clinical improvement.10
    Pityriasis rubra pilaris associated with hypothyroidism could be a particular subtype of acquired PRP, such as the previously described association with HIV. This way, we could assume that PRP would be the cutaneous clinical manifestation of metabolic alteration of vitamin A, with acquired (infectious, autoimmune, paraneoplastic) or familial causes (deficiency of RBP).
    To confirm such suppositions more studies with larger numbers of cases are necessary; however, the relative rarity of this dermatosis makes it difficult.
    Notwithstanding, this association with hypothyroidism, although uncommon, must be always investigated in the cases of PRP due to the spectacular effect of thyroid hormone replacement and absence of collateral effects.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4056712/

InChristAlone

@md_a and what is the cause of autoimmune hypothyroidism?

md_a

@md_a and what is the cause of autoimmune hypothyroidism?
We live in a very toxic environment, from water, air, food, radiation, electronics, furniture, clothes, creams.....a very long list, all of these put a huge burden on the body, the body does not have enough energy to cope successfully protect themselves from these chemicals and eliminate them effectively. From an early age we are bombarded with the chemicals collected in breast milk, then the long series of vaccines, plus the trauma of modern society through induced panic.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

InChristAlone

I've had a skin condition for 7 yrs after being on the Ray Peat diet 6 yrs (including using thyroid hormone). I've tried retinyl palmitate, UVB, and liver. Zero improvement. The only thing that is making a difference is supporting my liver and it's still not budging much. I think the Peat diet is woefully inadequate in supporting the liver including getting rid of endotoxin or mold toxins. Bile is mostly re-absorbed. I don't even know how much one carrot a day can mop up anything. Not to mention it has it's own plant chemicals. Peat believed an energized liver with thyroid hormones could basically solve anything. I wish that was the case.

md_a

I've had a skin condition for 7 yrs after being on the Ray Peat diet 6 yrs (including using thyroid hormone). I've tried retinyl palmitate, UVB, and liver. Zero improvement. The only thing that is making a difference is supporting my liver and it's still not budging much. I think the Peat diet is woefully inadequate in supporting the liver including getting rid of endotoxin or mold toxins. Bile is mostly re-absorbed. I don't even know how much one carrot a day can mop up anything. Not to mention it has it's own plant chemicals. Peat believed an energized liver with thyroid hormones could basically solve anything. I wish that was the case.
Others have different, perhaps better, results depending on the level of understanding and applicability. I've known about Ray Peat since 2009 and I've successfully applied the information from him, and the ones that didn't work for me I put aside or came back to if I had a better context. I keep my mind open to any information that can help me make my life easier in this sick society, no matter where it comes from.

Mr Joe

Didn't work for you, worked for thousands of people. Broda Barnes didn't use much more than anything except thyroid to cure many diseases, yet I have the feeling you are spending most of your time in a RAYPEAT forum to make sure that what worked for you must be the truth. Kind of Jehovah's witness vitamin A. What do you say to my friend trying 2 years of maximum low vit A diet and having worst results ever ? (he got now all symptoms of hypothyroidism and don't want to stop his diet because he is following Garrett like a religious man).

InChristAlone

Others have different, perhaps better, results depending on the level of understanding and applicability. I've known about Ray Peat since 2009 and I've successfully applied the information from him, and the ones that didn't work for me I put aside or came back to if I had a better context. I keep my mind open to any information that can help me make my life easier in this sick society, no matter where it comes from.
Oh I understood it. I'm a stay at home mom I spent so many yrs of my young children's lives reading and being obsessed with all of it. Constantly I felt like I wasn't doing it right though. Always looking for the answer. I see many like that. Searching and searching for the thing that will cure them. Letting go of that has really brought to light what the problem was. I am clearly someone who struggles to get rid of certain toxins. Not necessarily carotenes as I never turned orange, but possibly an immune reaction to lutein. My immune system was definitely messed up either way. And my gut got worse. I was almost zero fiber, I now believe that to be a giant mistake. I was afraid of the dreaded endotoxin and then in the end I made my gut worse. Carrots tasted toxic to me so I didn't eat them.

Didn't work for you, worked for thousands of people. Broda Barnes didn't use much more than anything except thyroid to cure many diseases, yet I have the feeling you are spending most of your time in a RAYPEAT forum to make sure that what worked for you must be the truth. Kind of Jehovah's witness vitamin A. What do you say to my friend trying 2 years of maximum low vit A diet and having worst results ever ? (he got now all symptoms of hypothyroidism and don't want to stop his diet because he is following Garrett like a religious man).

I so wish my problem was simple hypothyroidism. I didn't have any of the signs in the early pictures of Broda Barnes work. I had zero swelling anywhere. My face still looks amazing. I don't look 38 at all. Barely a wrinkle. No eye bags. Not overweight. Thick healthy hair. I have a functioning thyroid and functioning ovaries, no need for progesterone either. I am no religious zealot. I've been pondering the vit A stuff since 2018.

md_a

Oh I understood it. I'm a stay at home mom I spent so many yrs of my young children's lives reading and being obsessed with all of it. Constantly I felt like I wasn't doing it right though. Always looking for the answer. I see many like that. Searching and searching for the thing that will cure them. Letting go of that has really brought to light what the problem was. I am clearly someone who struggles to get rid of certain toxins. Not necessarily carotenes as I never turned orange, but possibly an immune reaction to lutein. My immune system was definitely messed up either way. And my gut got worse. I was almost zero fiber, I now believe that to be a giant mistake. I was afraid of the dreaded endotoxin and then in the end I made my gut worse. Carrots tasted toxic to me so I didn't eat them.
That's fine with me, now it's time to waste a few more years of your life to see what conclusion you'll come to when you're sure you've exhausted your vitamin A reserves. You're young, you've got all the time ahead of you.

InChristAlone

@Mr Joe This is just hearsay without anything to back it up. How do you know he is hypothyroid? We've clearly shown in many posts that retinol is not depleted in 2 yrs not even 5 yrs, it probably takes a decade to get to zero serum retinol for adults. That said I'm not ruling out that it will come out we need a little per day I'm thinking <200 mcg per day if it is needed. And most people will get that unless they are on Grant's diet of lean bison, rice and beans. But even muscle meat has some vitamin A! No way to avoid it honestly as an adult. I wouldn't try this on a growing child until we know for sure. But what child will eat only zero vit A foods? That'd be near impossible to achieve anyway. I've known kids to be given a diet of only steak though. They grew fine. Steak has vit. A.

InChristAlone

That's fine with me, now it's time to waste a few more years of your life to see what conclusion you'll come to when you're sure you've exhausted your vitamin A reserves. You're young, you've got all the time ahead of you.
I am not on a zero vit A diet. And I have no intention on bringing my serum levels to under 10. Just to be clear. And I am not wasting my time. I was seeing a progression of worse gut health over the yrs. I don't want to be stuck. It's not just low vit A, it's clearing toxic bile I am mostly aimed at.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals