Excessive Fructose is Poison & Burden To The Liver & Mitochondria

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Why? How was he offensive ?
2. We Do Not Permit

h. Back seat moderating. If you have an issue please click the report button and notify us so we can look into the situation. We will not allow disruption of the forum due to grievances with moderators. If you disagree with a moderator decision you do this via PM.

lvysaur

In terms of practical effects, Fructose is basically the "monosaccharide" version of amylose, or A1 casein, or gluten etc.
It's heavy and slowing, while glucose (or amylopectin, A2 casein, rice) are light and keep you moving

But there's still a role for sugar because starch requires a genuine hunger in order to be consumed, while fruits (cucumbers, coconut water, apples, we could also count carrots) don't

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Without a doubt excessive fructose is bad for the liver, its where that excessive line is drawn for each person is the question. We are able to clear a certain amount a day, that amount will be much less for people with already toxic livers and some people might not be able to clear any at all. But while it is clearing, it is a burden on the liver. It does the same damage to the liver as alcohol. Isolated sugars like in Mexican coke, ice cream, table sugar are a major problem. Throw your fruit juices in the garbage. Low "Vitamin A" whole fruits like apples, bananas, green grapes are a good choice.

Conclusions​

Most people consider sugar (i.e., fructose-containing compounds) to be just “empty calories.” However, this paper reports 3 separate ways that fructose exerts negative effects beyond its caloric equivalent. First, in the hypercaloric state, fructose drives DNL, resulting in dyslipidemia, hepatic steatosis, and insulin resistance, akin to that seen with ethanol. This should not be surprising because fructose and ethanol are congruent evolutionarily and biochemically. Ethanol is manufactured by the fermentation of fructose — the big difference is that for ethanol, the yeast performs the glycolysis, whereas for fructose, we humans perform our own glycolysis. Second, through production of reactive carbonyl moieties, both fructose and ethanol generate excess ROS, which increases the risk of hepatocellular damage if not quenched by antioxidants. Last, by downregulation of D2 receptors in the reward pathway, chronic fructose exposure contributes to a paradigm of continuous food intake independent of energy need and exerts symptoms of tolerance and withdrawal, similar to chronic ethanol abuse. Therefore, it should not be surprising that the disease profile of fructose and ethanol overconsumption would also be similar (Table 2).

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
In terms of practical effects, Fructose is basically the "monosaccharide" version of amylose, or A1 casein, or gluten etc.
It's heavy and slowing, while glucose (or amylopectin, A2 casein, rice) are light and keep you moving
Exactly. Fructose will slow slow down your liver, plain and simple. Glucose fuels the liver for detox and keeps the bile moving. Team glucose for the win.

Richiebogie

I still eat a couple apples a day

Pears are 63% fructose as a percentage of total sugars according to Wikipedia.

Apples are 57% fructose (as a percentage of total sugars) however eating 2 whole apples should contribute less fructose than drinking a litre of apple juice!

Grapes are 52% fructose (as % of total sugars) but again eating the whole fruit won’t contribute as much fructose as drinking lots of grape juice.

Bananas are 40% fructose (as % of total sugars).

Oranges are 26% fructose (as % of total sugars).

I drink a lot of OJ so I could try reducing that and see if I feel fitter, though it is a great source of vitamins and minerals.

Best to reduce chocolates, biscuits, cakes, ice cream and other sources of sucrose first, as the highly processed sucrose has been stripped of potassium, vitamin C etc.

Last edited:

md_a

We make the bonobos happy, fewer fruit for us, more for them. Their luck consists in the fact that there is no one with authority to tell them how dangerous the fruits are for them.

Diet​

Folivory: bonobos use certain species for self-medication
The bonobo is an omnivorous frugivore; 57% of its diet is fruit, but this is supplemented with leaves, honey, eggs,[123] meat from small vertebrates such as anomalures, flying squirrels and duikers,[124] and invertebrates.[125] The truffle species Hysterangium bonobo is eaten by bonobos.[126] In some instances, bonobos have been shown to consume lower-order primates.[120]

cs3000

The main study quoted shows the liver cant take high burdens of fructose alone https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/162657472.pdf - & lower amounts should be fine with a healthy liver in terms of atp effect

They fed them 75g fructose in 5 minutes, which overloaded the liver and caused a -20% ATP drop
[so by this alone, best to not eat high amounts of fructose within a 1 hr period as the liver cant handle it well]

BUT this is not enough insight alone in terms of fruit intake, does not take into consideration other factors in fruit like flavanols which can stimulate ATP production & protect the liver.
Whats the effect like when paired with these? And what happens when combined with glucose also in fruit?
1706254317174.png

the effect is largely dependant on glycogen stores (less glycogen = faster recovery)
1706254053362.png

Study also gives us insight into what tolerable levels are,

a dose of 30g fructose gives no drop in ATP,
so if going by these as isolated fructose, 30g fructose not 75g, in ~1hr period

The results showed that after oral consumption there is a measurable decline in241 ATP reserves (β-ATP) followed by a partial recovery. This observation is characteristic of242 fructose metabolism and can be explained as a result of the immediate rapid phosphorylation243 of the monosaccharide. Under normal physiological conditions an increased cellular level of244 adenosine monophosphate (AMP) activates AMPK resulting in the regeneration of ATP,245 whereas under conditions where AMPK activity is lower (e.g. following fructose246 consumption) the production of uric acid is favoured over ATP (supplementary material).

In247 addition to this, fructose has been shown to up-regulate Glut5 and Fructokinase [19], and248 subjects with NAFLD and a higher intake of fructose have been shown to have a greater249 hepatic mRNA expression of fructokinase [20].250

In a small study of 4 subjects Buemann et al. tested the effects of an oral dose of 30g D251 Fructose and D-Tagatose on hepatic ATP reserves at 1.5T [21] and reported no drop in ATP following D-fructose consumption (however, they did find a drop following D-Tagatose253 which reached a maximum at 51 minutes).

Last edited:

ddjd

sorry if someone has already posted but what about paul saladinos work showing demonisatoin of fructose to be grossly misunderstood

on the other hand, after heavy experimentation with both vitamin A and vitamin d (they oppose one another)- vitamin A in the form of retinol palmitate/acetate definitely increases my belly fat, whilst vitamin d has a shrinking effect

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzt8JeqwZN4

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
a dose of 30g fructose gives no drop in ATP,
So that is basically two large apples since it has 15g of fructose.

Fructose is a burden to the body. Can it handle a little of fructose at a time? Yes, but the amount that can be handled is different for everyone. And I have seen the wonders that limiting fructose can do for the liver. Limiting fructose allows the liver to free up and keep the detox processes humming along nicely. Why burden the liver more then you have too? We are all under constant toxic burden, and I am noticing the less toxins I put in, the better I feel and the toxins that are already in the body is doing all it can to get them out. Literally ooozing out of every pore and fluid of my body to get out.

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am agreement with @tyw that 50g of fructose a day is a good place to start looking for what your maximum intake should be. Anything above that and downsides are highly possible. If your liver is compromised that number should be even lower until you heal. When you stop burdening the liver incredible things happen.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Someone wrote and asked what is my source of Dextrose. I get it off Amazon and there are two brands I have tried, "Earthborn Elements" and also "Kitchen Alchemy". I lean towards the Kitchen Alchemy although it is pricier. Glucose is about 30% less sweet than fructose.

Truth

I am agreement with @tyw that 50g of fructose a day is a good place to start looking for what your maximum intake should be. Anything above that and downsides are highly possible. If your liver is compromised that number should be even lower until you heal. When you stop burdening the liver incredible things happen.
Hi, I have already eaten 5 to 15 kilos of certain well ripened fruits in one go (in theory 200 to 600 grams of fructose in 10 minutes maximum, that daily for months), with no negative symptoms, only positive ones in terms of energy, well being, lightness of body, appreciability of movement, athletism, philanthropy, sleep, appreciability of the sun, potential for intense positive emotions

I have also already experienced sensations of liver heaviness, with tingling and/or pain, the majority of the foods I ate contributed to the heaviness and/or pain (whether dairy products, bananas, meat, sugar), and After weeks in this state, found and ate at least 4 5 kilos of certain fruits, up to 10 kilos (in theory from 200 to 400 grams of fructose in 10 minutes maximum), which caused 0 liver pain and heaviness, which reduced the liver pain and heaviness caused by other foods, and which brought me back to an excellent state very quickly

In my experience, the theoretical "fructose" content alone does not determine the positive or negative effects of a food, independently of other factors

Eating too much of certain foods that are theoretically "high in fructose" such as honey and certain sub-optimal fruits, or too much of these foods relative to the rest of the diet, can contribute to negative effects

Some of these fruits that are theoretically "high in fructose" can improve most aspects of our health, energy and well-being, even in very large quantities

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@Truth from you picture you seem young, maybe in your 20's? There is no doubt that a younger person can handle more liver onslaughts then an older person.

Truth

@Truth from you picture you seem young, maybe in your 20's? There is no doubt that a younger person can handle more liver onslaughts then an older person.
25 on the screen,

the second experience I've shared describes how I went from feeling my liver heavy for weeks, even when I was on my right side it was uncomfortable, with frequent liver heaviness and pain for most of the things I ate, dairy products, bananas, sugar, honey, meat, and how I was suddenly able to eat over 5 kilos of certain fruits in one go with 0 liver heaviness and pain, and a drastic increase in health, energy, well-being from the very first day

in this case it doesn't seem to be a higher degree of resilience linked to the fact that I'm of a certain age, it seems to be this particular fruit that had excellent healing and energizing potential, while I had liver symptoms for weeks prior, and I ate it in quantities that in theory contain at least 200 grams of "fructose", in less than 10 minutes

InChristAlone

25 on the screen,

the second experience I've shared describes how I went from feeling my liver heavy for weeks, even when I was on my right side it was uncomfortable, with frequent liver heaviness and pain for most of the things I ate, dairy products, bananas, sugar, honey, meat, and how I was suddenly able to eat over 5 kilos of certain fruits in one go with 0 liver heaviness and pain, and a drastic increase in health, energy, well-being from the very first day

in this case it doesn't seem to be a higher degree of resilience linked to the fact that I'm of a certain age, it seems to be this particular fruit that had excellent healing and energizing potential, while I had liver symptoms for weeks prior, and I ate it in quantities that in theory contain at least 200 grams of "fructose", in less than 10 minutes
How did you eat that much fruit in 10 mins? What fruit?

Most people cannot eat that much fruit and feel good. It is meant for tropical environments because it is very cooling. Especially the liquid fruits. The heavier calorie dense fruits like durian are not even really a comparison to watermelon for instance so it greatly depends on the fruit.

Jennifer

In my experience, the theoretical "fructose" content alone does not determine the positive or negative effects of a food, independently of other factors

Same here, and I’m almost 43. I overcame gallbladder disease, stones and biliary sludge, proven not just by the cessation of symptoms but before and after ultrasounds, while consuming up to 4 liters of fruit juice daily. I currently average 2 liters of pear and apple juice a day with no issues whatsoever.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals