Has anyone reversed or improved their autism?

Layne

A word or two of caution: Methylene blue is an MAO inhibitor. If you are high serotonin it will make it worse. If you are thiamine deficient, you can't clear serotonin out of the brain normally. And, finally, whatever is wrong with you, it is not caused by a methylene blue deficiency.

My understanding is it's pretty difficult to experience serotonin syndrome from taking methylene blue. But if someone is taking medication to increase seratonin, then of course, caution is warranted.

Regarding a "methylene blue deficiency". Not really sure what you're getting at. What I do know is that Methylene Blue is well known to increase oxygen levels in the body, and is used in conventional medicine to increase oxygen levels for all kinds of hypoxic states. If a person is admitted to an ER with carbon monoxide poisoning, it's highly likely they'll be given Methylene Blue to counteract it.

Methylene Blue is also well documented to improve mitochondrial function. Given brain (and heart) cells have the highest concentrations of cellular mitochondria, it makes sense that the brain, along with getting extra oxygen, will also have extra energy. So if somebody who is low on oxygen, and/or low on mitochondrial energy takes Methylene Blue to increase oxygen and energy levels, does that mean they suffer from a "methylene blue deficiency"? I don't necessarily think so. But it would seem their dealing with deficiencies that methylene blue can effectively address.

BTW, MB is also a great anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral agent. Sometimes these kinds of (often undetected) infections can cause all sorts of physical problems, including various kinds of brain dysfunction. Why not take a low-cost, highly effective supplement that can do so many things for the body and brain, especially since there are testimonials online of people with autism benefitting from taking it? Makes sense to me. And it works quite well for me.

mostlylurking

This study only suggest serotonin toxicity (ST) from Methylene Blue when taken by infusion and in combination with other 5-hydroxytryptaminergic agents could lead to the ST syndrome as a result of MAO A inhibition.
MB has been in medical use for many years with few reports of toxic effects. In early experiments, oral MB was found to be innocuous in 15 kg dogs at 2 g per day, but an intravenous dose of 0.5 g was lethal. So, MB taken orally in small doses 5-15 mg and without supplementing 5-HTP or SSRI - should not cause any problem
Sorry, I don't believe you. I've had bad reactions to methylene blue taken in small doses (less than 5mg, taken orally). This is because I was high serotonin. The high serotonin was caused by a thiamine deficiency which I have since addressed so I am no longer high serotonin. Been there, done that.

mostlylurking

My understanding is it's pretty difficult to experience serotonin syndrome from taking methylene blue. But if someone is taking medication to increase seratonin, then of course, caution is warranted.
If you are deficient in thiamine, you cannot clear serotonin from the brain.
Regarding a "methylene blue deficiency". Not really sure what you're getting at. What I do know is that Methylene Blue is well known to increase oxygen levels in the body, and is used in conventional medicine to increase oxygen levels for all kinds of hypoxic states.
My point is that methylene blue is not a naturally occurring substance in the body and it is not a vitamin. It is a dye used industrially, and in the lab. Thiamine deficiency causes oxygen levels to be low. It causes something called "pseudo hypoxia". The remedy for this problem is to supplement thiamine (vitamin B1).

"The word hypoxia refers to lack of oxygen. Its most devastating effect is in the brain and particularly the lower brain that never sleeps. This is because the cells in that part of the brain have a heavy requirement for oxygen. As we all know, oxygen is delivered to all the 70 to 100 trillion body cells by the bloodstream and they consume it in the synthesis of energy. This consumption of oxygen is in turn dependent on the presence of thiamine and other vitamins. A deficiency of thiamine therefore produces the same clinical effect as hypoxia. For this reason, its deficiency causes what is sometimes known as pseudo-hypoxia (pseudo meaning false)."
Methylene Blue is also well documented to improve mitochondrial function
Oxidative metabolism, the act of making energy in the mitochondria requires thiamine to happen. Thiamine is a cofactor for several enzymes in the process.

BTW, MB is also a great anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral agent.
That's great. I'm sure it does have it's uses. However, I'd rather have a functioning immune system myself.

"Béchamp’s various discoveries led him to conclude that our bodies are, in effect, “miniecosystems.” When an individual’s internal ecosystem becomes weakened—whether due to poor nutrition, toxicity or other factors—it changes the function of the microbes that are naturally present in the body, producing disease.20 In other words, microorganisms only become pathogenic after environmental factors cause the host’s cellular “terrain” to deteriorate.15"

Last edited:

CSH

Forum Supporter
I have pulsed MB on my son, only using about 7 drops, and always notice a difference. I also know it makes a difference because whenever hes been using and others dont know I always get...Wow! Hes been so talkative ( as in bigger words, lots if great questions, etc) , social, upbeat mood, more out going...

I agree that it should be used with caution, and that its not for every one, and most importantly to be sourcing a pharmeceutial grade!

llian

Bumetanide 2mg + 500mg potassium supplement, L. Reuteri, Broccomax, Ketoforce 10ml + C8 20ml, agmatine and vasopressin nasal spray(desmopressin)

74one

Sorry, I don't believe you. I've had bad reactions to methylene blue taken in small doses (less than 5mg, taken orally). This is because I was high serotonin. The high serotonin was caused by a thiamine deficiency which I have since addressed so I am no longer high serotonin. Been there, done that.
I simply pointed out that in this specific paper - they study Methylene Blue (IV) in combination with 5-HTP and/or SSRI and that is not what you would normally do at home. As to your bad reaction to the very low oral dose MB - there are many other variables for example a bad batch. A few years ago I bought LIPOSOMAL VITAMIN C from LivOn's and I've had really bad reaction even from 1/3 of a dose, after I complained they asked me to send it back for investigation. What is interesting, later in a week I tried different batch and did not have any reaction at all though I was taken 3-4 full doses daily

Last edited:

mostlylurking

I simply pointed out that in this specific paper - they study Methylene Blue (IV) in combination with 5-HTP and/or SSRI and that is not what you would normally do at home. As to your bad reaction to the very low dose oral MB - there are many other variables for example a bad batch. A few years ago I bought LIPOSOMAL VITAMIN C from LivOn's and I've had really bad reaction even from 1/3 of a dose, after I complained they asked me to send it back for investigation. What is interesting, later in a week I tried different batch and did not have any reaction at all though I was taken 3-4 full doses daily
Whatever. I'm simply saying that because they used a high dose or an IV administration in this study does not mean that a low dose is safe for everybody. People with serotonin issues should be aware that methylene blue is an mao inhibitor and may cause problems for them.

You might want to consider what that liposomal part of that liposomal C is exactly and what are the possible repercussions from that part. PUFA? I think so.
"Moreover, the fatty acid composition of the phosphatides reflects the fatty acid composition of the oil in which these phosphatides occur, but it tends to have higher palmitic acid content and lower oleic acid content than the oil, as illustrated by the chapter."

74one

... I'm simply saying that because they used a high dose or an IV administration in this study does not mean that a low dose is safe for everybody. People with serotonin issues should be aware that methylene blue is an mao inhibitor and may cause problems for them...
I would agree that someone with high serotonin or messed up metabolism should be careful with what he/she eats or takes as a supplement especially something new. Regarding the MAO A inhibition study all I can say - it raises more questions than gives answers. For example, they implied serotonin toxicity as the result of MAO A inhibition by the MB (IV) while completely ignoring SSRI as if it is some neutral agent that has no effect on serotonin toxicity and MAO A inhibition

I've never been diagnosed, but if I eat the American diet I become fully autistic.

Few years ago I was tired, dumb, dissociated and unable to follow social rules. I realized how sensitive autistic people are to brain inflammation.

The diet played the biggest role.
I had to cut: milk, starch, legumes and fruits.
Milk because of the casomorphines, even though raw sheep cheese is tolerable.
Starch, the molecules create inflammation, and increase dissociative symptoms.
Fruits, their high fiber content affect sleep quality.

mostlylurking

I would agree that someone with high serotonin or messed up metabolism should be careful with what he/she eats or takes as a supplement especially something new. Regarding the MAO A inhibition study all I can say - it raises more questions than gives answers. For example, they implied serotonin toxicity as the result of MAO A inhibition by the MB (IV) while completely ignoring SSRI as if it is some neutral agent that has no effect on serotonin toxicity and MAO A inhibition
You are ignoring the fact that I reacted very badly to MB, small oral dose, because I was high serotonin. I wasn't on SSRIs. You can have high serotonin without taking SSRIs.

worrywart

I've never been diagnosed, but if I eat the American diet I become fully autistic.

Few years ago I was tired, dumb, dissociated and unable to follow social rules. I realized how sensitive autistic people are to brain inflammation.

The diet played the biggest role.
I had to cut: milk, starch, legumes and fruits.
Milk because of the casomorphines, even though raw sheep cheese is tolerable.
Starch, the molecules create inflammation, and increase dissociative symptoms.
Fruits, their high fiber content affect sleep quality.

Interesting. Could you tell us what your diet looks like now?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
You are ignoring the fact that I reacted very badly to MB, small oral dose, because I was high serotonin. I wasn't on SSRIs. You can have high serotonin without taking SSRIs.
I've reacted negatively to MB in small oral doses. Heck one time, topical application gave me a nasty headache. When I contacted Gerogi a few years back, he had mentioned that it could be a need for riboflavin. I see what you are saying though. Since I've been taking Pure Encapsulations B-Complex Plus, I can tolerate MB now with the rare occurrence of a side effect.

Mostlythiamine, please don't fight with 74one, I love you both.

mostlylurking

I've reacted negatively to MB in small oral doses. Heck one time, topical application gave me a nasty headache. When I contacted Gerogi a few years back, he had mentioned that it could be a need for riboflavin. I see what you are saying though. Since I've been taking Pure Encapsulations B-Complex Plus, I can tolerate MB now with the rare occurrence of a side effect.

Mostlythiamine, please don't fight with 74one, I love you both.
OK. I wasn't really fighting, he just wasn't acknowledging what I was saying. It bothers me when people come on this site and promote MB as great for everyone when it simply is not. If you are dealing with a vitamin deficiency, it's better to address the deficiency than it is to take something that only might resolve some of the symptoms.

Interesting. Could you tell us what your diet looks like now?
Knowing this:
Starch - numbs emotion (also dissociation If low quality)
Fruits - Stable energy but digestive issues like gas. Decreased sleep quality due to undigested carb.
Legumes - my intuition says to avoid them
So, meat, honey, coke and sugar (lemonade). The problem here is the taste and at some point due to high PTH from phosphate, I become easily stressed. That's why I am adding raw goat/sheep cheese, even though lowers cognition a bit, way better than pasteurized ones. Pasteurization kills the enzymes that help the breakdown of casein.

worrywart

Knowing this:
Starch - numbs emotion (also dissociation If low quality)
Fruits - Stable energy but digestive issues like gas. Decreased sleep quality due to undigested carb.
Legumes - my intuition says to avoid them
So, meat, honey, coke and sugar (lemonade). The problem here is the taste and at some point due to high PTH from phosphate, I become easily stressed. That's why I am adding raw goat/sheep cheese, even though lowers cognition a bit, way better than pasteurized ones. Pasteurization kills the enzymes that help the breakdown of casein.

Nice, thanks, sounds great. I do well on coke as well even at my lowest metabolically.

youngsinatra

I know some that have made huge progress with the protocol of Gregory Russel-Jones.

It focuses on optimizing thyroid function for proper B2 activation (inactive B2 >> T3 >> active B2 aka FAD) to utilize /activate most of the other B vitamins, but especially B6, B9 and B12 and by that normalizing the seen methylation impairments and mitochondrial problems in autism.

He has a facebook group called „Understanding B12 deficiency“
And a more in-depth website:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals