Is "Breathwork" an Essential Practice or Overrated? | With Mike Mucciolo

Phosphor

I have never figured out what people see in breathwork. I am a wind instrument player, competent on everything from oboe (high pressure, almost no air flow) to tuba (low pressure, extreme air flow.) What I have noticed is that, at least on my primary instrument, which is the (French) horn --- we inhale quickly and exhale over time. This is known to be calming and if "breathwork" does this, well ok, but instead -- take up a wind instrument and nourish your soul.

cedric

It should be important to notice that we produce also endogenous carbon monoxide that could be dangerous while wearing masks, being put on respirators , in less amount while bag breathing and other breathing work. Some people with low zinc, vit.A , E, homocyteine/methylation problems ,with easily hemolised erythrocytes could be affected.

Hugh Johnson

Breathwork almost killed me. Third week sick now, don't know when, or if, I will get better.

Advice was to not do anyone elses breathing exercises. Or just don't do any breathing exercises.

Lollipop2

Breathwork almost killed me. Third week sick now, don't know when, or if, I will get better.

Advice was to not do anyone elses breathing exercises. Or just don't do any breathing exercises.
Sounds horrible @Hugh Johnson, what happened? Sending you good thoughts.

I must say breathing exercises if not done properly or doing harmful ones - like Wim Hoff can cause serious problems.

I do think you will recover. It might need some time.

OliviaD

I have never figured out what people see in breathwork. I am a wind instrument player, competent on everything from oboe (high pressure, almost no air flow) to tuba (low pressure, extreme air flow.) What I have noticed is that, at least on my primary instrument, which is the (French) horn --- we inhale quickly and exhale over time. This is known to be calming and if "breathwork" does this, well ok, but instead -- take up a wind instrument and nourish your soul.
You are doing 'breathwork' :). I think people can do the simple variation of what you describe. inhale 4 .. hold 4.. exhale 8 hold 4. Adjusting one's numbers for desired effect or for what feels right - when stressed, throughout the day, or as a specific 'exercise'. If one wants to get fancy, there are the basic yoga techniques that one can find all over the internet or yoga books for people who still read.

I'm a P.T. and always taught people to incorporate breathing into specific exercises, it can help facilitate ribcage expansion. This gets tends to get stiff. I.e lying on back, inhale while elevating arms over head, to floor if able or use a pillow if they can't go all the way. Do above pattern bringing them back to sides on exhale. This is a simple ex to stretch out the whole upper torso/shoulders and do breathing.

I think most people can come up with what the need on their own by learning to pay attention to their bodies.

I think all these people making money with specific 'techniques" are pretty much scammers.
I hope I didn't insult anyone.

Oh - and breathe through your nose with the mouth shut, except when blowing your horn.
Posture helps a lot.. and

miquelangeles

What kind of breathing exercises did you do?

Normal Human

If "Buteyko Method" (breathing less intentionally to increase internal CO2 levels) is considered "breathwork", then no it's not overrated.

ChiroGuru

Buteyko breathing fixed my chronic sinusitis within one week. Had a massive drainage of my sinuses with some kind of detox symptoms. It will never forget this experience. Since this time I am able to breath through my nose 24/7.

golder

Buteyko breathing fixed my chronic sinusitis within one week. Had a massive drainage of my sinuses with some kind of detox symptoms. It will never forget this experience. Since this time I am able to breath through my nose 24/7.
Dude, I’ve got this chronic sinusitis and it’s utterly debilitating. Could you let me know where you started with this method so I can get the ball rolling? Thanks so much.

Warrior

10 out of 10 people who had something wrong with them (in any form, shape or sense) were breathing incorrectly in my experience.

Forgetting this numbing strategy alone can make one a whole load more alive due to how vital the process is as well as how under recognized the problem is. Once you add in the various types of breaths one can take for whatever you want to do you start to see how this most intimate process that links outside to in truly is an immense asset that most live and die of ignorance in.

Like beggars with gold bowls who are blinded by their own lack of presence in seeing the situation for what it is and the intrinsic wealth they possess, they'll try anything but the obvious.

Just try making your exhales consciously longer than inhales and scrape the plate on exit so your lungs are cleaned from that bit that usually remains in as you notice the inhale starts of itself and falls in, deliciously. Aim for 36, noting your state of mind when you commence and the shift at the end and you'll see what I meant. Better yet watch a baby and then question why you forgot this most natural occurrence and what resistance is now present.

Say hello to your Pain Body... Seeing it is the first step in melting it.

8%/81%/11% yet again... Those who know, those who don't and the ones who won't show as they prefer to keep it their little secret edge as they willing mislead the rest.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals