Moving to Mexico Support Group

Anonymous306

Starting this thread as a way to connect with Ray Peat people who are either in Mexico or thinking about moving here. If you're here, I'd love to connect. If you're not & thinking about moving here, I'm happy to answer any questions or provide any information I can. Feel free to ask here or DM.

tankasnowgod

Starting this thread as a way to connect with Ray Peat people who are either in Mexico or thinking about moving here. If you're here, I'd love to connect. If you're not & thinking about moving here, I'm happy to answer any questions or provide any information I can. Feel free to ask here or DM.

What area are you in? Is it higher elevation, and how is the climate?

rothko

does anyone know about working with an american company if you moved?

JamesGatz

How is the crime there ? I hear the cartels don't really bother you unless you start trouble but my cousin was kidnapped in Mexico and held for ransom and him and his family were generally nice people I don't think they were there to start trouble - I was quiet bored in the time I spent in Central American countries - all anyone wanted to do was play futbol my feet were not strong enough to handle so many hours - I was also surprised that barely anyone understood English I would think it would be a popular language to learn through schooling - Everytime I went to Mcdonald's I was holding up fingers on my hand because they legit did not understand a word of my English

OP
A

Anonymous306

What area are you in? Is it higher elevation, and how is the climate?

west of Mexico City at +7000ft elevation. climate is perfect: right now temp is in the 70s during the day and 50s at night. During summer it gets a little hotter, but not much more. Nice and mild.

Birdie

Did you move to Mexico recently? Are you working there?

Rafe

Hate to suggest Facebook, but it has a group Expats in the Yucatán that has a ton of logistical help in there.

You might not want the Yucatán but the advice is mostly general.

Relocation agents, visa info, how to get your dog across the border, realtors, how to get your paycheck, whether it’s better to buy a car or bring one.

All in there.

Aside from the peaty people part.

Sexypizza

I'm thinking of moving there but it will take me a while to save up enough money for it.

OP
A

Anonymous306

How is the crime there ? I hear the cartels don't really bother you unless you start trouble but my cousin was kidnapped in Mexico and held for ransom and him and his family were generally nice people I don't think they were there to start trouble - I was quiet bored in the time I spent in Central American countries - all anyone wanted to do was play futbol my feet were not strong enough to handle so many hours - I was also surprised that barely anyone understood English I would think it would be a popular language to learn through schooling - Everytime I went to Mcdonald's I was holding up fingers on my hand because they legit did not understand a word of my English
This Canadian website implies the unvaccinated can travel abroad to a country where vaccines aren’t required such as Mexico, but they very interestingly also warn that Mexico is dangerous because of organized crime and kidnapping. They suggest staying in tourist areas so you can't see the reality of life in Mexico, because most folks here don’t fear covid, and it’s just not something that factors into their lived, daily reality. Travel Advice and Advisories for Mexico

There are parts of Mexico safer than the US/parts of the US more dangerous than Mexico.

OP
A

Anonymous306

Hate to suggest Facebook, but it has a group Expats in the Yucatán that has a ton of logistical help in there.

You might not want the Yucatán but the advice is mostly general.

Relocation agents, visa info, how to get your dog across the border, realtors, how to get your paycheck, whether it’s better to buy a car or bring one.

All in there.

Aside from the peaty people part.
For Telegram users the Mexico Freedom Cell is a useful resource. There are freedom-minded folks discussing exit strategies here:

If looking for information on specific areas of Mexico, there are cells specific to each region. The information on the cells is in this directory: Freedom Cell Directory

Logan-

OP
A

Anonymous306

On this channel there is an announcement for NZanders or Aussies wanted for flights to Mexico, Acapulco.

View: https://t.me/MexicoCell/28519

Exactly. This is why I'm warning my American & Canadian friends to come down to Mexico before it gets to the point where they have to take the drastic measure of escaping, whether it's through a chartered flight or other means.

Vileplume

Hey Durga, how is the fruit quality down where you're at in Mexico?

I'd love to live nearby some ripe guavas, cherimoyas, pineapples, and oranges.

GMT100

I;ve been in Yucatan area for about a year now. Havent checked out the mountains yet, how is the rent in your area?

Mauritio

How is the job situation there? Easy to find a new , decently paid job ?

GMT100

naa the work situaiton is kind of challenging. been training a few folks but its truly alot of energy spent. Trying to get an online job, had some interviews but no luck yet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals