Need Help (18 Years Old) 500 Calories/day, Stressed, Sibo? Seb Derm

FinnRooney

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, I understand the title sounds extreme and obvious to fix however I guess I overthink and I feel as if every food has its negatives and I'm just too confused as to where to start.

I can't tolerate milk well nor do I have access to good milk. I have good access to fresh fruits, vegetables, meat/eggs/shellfish.

I'm Male, 6'1 and 162 pounds, not losing weight (I'm already extremely lean, don't really have any fat), so I know that my metabolism must be very low. Temps are 97.2-97.3 if I'm lucky. Heart rate at around 55-60.

I deal with lots of dandruff/seb derm, and as far as energy I've learned to deal with being low energy so I don't really notice that anymore. I understand 500 calories is extremely low but that's only been for a couple weeks while trying to figure out what to do.

I can eat around 1500 calories before I start to feel like I'm force eating, but I assume this issue will sort itself out slowly once I eat well.

The reason I'm overthinking is because there always seems to be caveats to anything ray peat recommends. For example I assume my liver isn't functioning correctly (assumption) due to both low thyroid and a HEAVILY coated tongue/skin issues (indicating SIBO), and I heard you aren't meant to have high fructose with a liver that can't process it properly?

What isn't clear to me is what I'm meant to do.... Am I just meant to eat whatever to heal myself? Clear my liver before I eat lots of fruit? I wouldn't even know how to do that. Take thyroid? But shouldn't I do whatever I can naturally before turning to supplements? Is fruit fine to eat? I can get plenty of it but worried I shouldn't because of the liver not being able to use the sugar well? Egg shell calcium? It's just not clear and I have no idea what to do.

somuch4food

From experience, I would say you aren't losing weight anymore because your body can't afford to.

I'd say focus on minerals and calories.

To improve, your liver health you might want to restrict your eating window to give your organs a slack digestion wise. For example, not eating between 8pm and 6am. Don't go overboard your body also need fuel.

Make sure to get enough minerals: calcium, magnesium and sodium are important. You also need copper, zinc and iron.

Cacao is an excellent source of minerals and calories, so I would suggest it. Meat is important for iron and zinc. Since milk is not tolerated, some boiled leafy greens would help with calcium.

You are right about everything having a downside. You must experiment and find what feels good to you. It might help to note how you feel 1 hour after a meal.

Don't worry too much about each symptom, notice them, but it's difficult to pinpoint the exact cause. So, don't overthink.

Last but not least, eat. Even the worst of fresh food will help you. Just eat a variety to prevent imbalances.

What do you eat right now?

Runenight201

I think extended starvation is more harmful than any food that doesn’t cause acute poisoning and death.

Motif

How are your zinc and copper levels?

And how is your digestion?

Neck/back / or shoulder tensions?

I have similar issues, but trouble to gain weight. Pretty much same height / weight as you rn

Last edited:

rei

I think extended starvation is more harmful than any food that doesn’t cause acute poisoning and death.
Indeed, the caloric deficit model. I don't know of any theory that has failed as miserably as the "lose weight by maintaining a small caloric deficit"

OP
F

FinnRooney

From experience, I would say you aren't losing weight anymore because your body can't afford to.

I'd say focus on minerals and calories.

To improve, your liver health you might want to restrict your eating window to give your organs a slack digestion wise. For example, not eating between 8pm and 6am. Don't go overboard your body also need fuel.

Make sure to get enough minerals: calcium, magnesium and sodium are important. You also need copper, zinc and iron.

Cacao is an excellent source of minerals and calories, so I would suggest it. Meat is important for iron and zinc. Since milk is not tolerated, some boiled leafy greens would help with calcium.

You are right about everything having a downside. You must experiment and find what feels good to you. It might help to note how you feel 1 hour after a meal.

Don't worry too much about each symptom, notice them, but it's difficult to pinpoint the exact cause. So, don't overthink.

Last but not least, eat. Even the worst of fresh food will help you. Just eat a variety to prevent imbalances.

What do you eat right now?
Thank you so much :) I think you made me realise how bad this habit has become. What I eat right now: Orange juice (only reason I'm restricting that is because not sure if I'm meant to eat fruit because SIBO/liver), coffee, occasional applesauce, 2 eggs... haha god I didn't realise how bad my eating was... I focused so much on what I should be eating that I didn't eat... I guess I'm just confused... My problem is that I have SIBO symptoms (have done since 6 years ago (12)), liver issues because obviously its not producing T3, and resulting from that an under-active thyroid, which is why I would have the SIBO. So my question I guess is... what do I do first, is it just I should eat whatever and heal these 3 eventually (Intestine -> Liver -> Thyroid -> Intestine) or should I fix something first? Is there a place to start? or is it that I'm being stupid and I should just EAT.

OP
F

FinnRooney

How are your zinc and copper levels?

And how is your digestion?

Neck/back / or shoulder tensions?

I have similar issues, but trouble to gain weight. Pretty much same height / weight as you rn
Honestly... would not be able to tell you, I haven't done any blood work because I don't even think my problem is something I need tests for, I think if I started seeing my SIBO symptoms go away (for example, my tongue and skin to be better) I would know its working. But I should try and get more of those minerals.

Motif

You have a sibo Diagnose?

Maybe your tongue is just a symptom caused by bad digestion ?

Motif

OP
F

FinnRooney

Are you sure its that simple though... I don't eat that much to begin with, if i brush all of it off my tongue in the morning, its there at night... Just seems to 'easy' for it to be bad digestion? Not to mention the skin conditions

Motif

Of course I'm not sure.

I'm trying to fix my dermatitis etc for ten years now. But my tongue is about 85% better than years ago.

You could try ox bile / hcl betain/ digestion enzymes to see if it makes a difference.

And even when this would help you still don't know the root for your bad digestion.

For sure it's not easy.

OP
F

FinnRooney

Of course I'm not sure.

I'm trying to fix my dermatitis etc for ten years now. But my tongue is about 85% better than years ago.

You could try ox bile / hcl betain/ digestion enzymes to see if it makes a difference.

And even when this would help you still don't know the root for your bad digestion.

For sure it's not easy.
What helped your tongue?

Motif

I'm not sure.
Ox bile and everything that helps digestion helps, but I think overall improvement of my tongue came from taking mms/cds in 2015

Last edited:
I’ve fixed a guys sibo in less than a week, he was diagnosed and had been pooping liquids for 1.5 year.

Got him on a super low fat diet then only allowed him what’s digested very easily up in the digestive tract. Extra lean animal products, a few fruits (start small), tubers. I also asked him to supplement betaine HCL at every meal to speed up meal absorption. Obviously we didn’t restrict the calories. He became impatient and wanted to eat oats and eggs and such for breakfast within 2 weeks, got diarrhea again. So please wait for a bit.

You should also look up Candida albicans.

Runenight201

My digestion sucks and I have bloating and gas usually with meals and I'm sure SIBO too...

But if I ate like you did I'm pretty sure I'd be extremely depressed. And I usually feel pretty good on most days so long as my caloric intake is high enough.

First off you need meals, and regular meals. Think standard American protein, carb, fat for each breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The fat helps with digestion a ton, and also use digestive enzymes if you need the added boost. Fat helps so much with digestion that I get significantly less bloat, gas, or coated tongue so long as I properly have enough fat with my starch and meat.

I've had chronic acne and oily skin my whole life and up to a couple days ago it's finally went away, and all I did was include vitamin D in my stack. Nothing else dietary made it go 100% away, some things were better than others, but no matter how I ate I always had acne. Definitely make sure you're getting your fat solubles (A,E,D,K). Supplementing Zinc, caffeine, and taurine should be helpful as well.

Then as sourdough suggested, you need sufficient micronutrients from varied sources and then calories. Just start thinking up of interesting things to eat and go eat it. At first you'll run into a lot of problems, foods you don't like, that don't make you feel good etc...but you'll start learning and refining, just don't go overboard, and remember to keep in mind, it's better to eat than starve.

In general I think having 3-4 big meals a day is the most helpful, and then when hungry but not in the mood for big meals, have a dedicate snack and then be done until hungry for a proper big meal. I recommend this because occasional snacking is terrible for your oral health, as we need to let saliva accumulate to keep the pH of our mouth neutral to basic. Chewing Xylitol gum aids with this as well. This should help with tongue coat as well. Big meals should have protein, carb, and fat in whatever ratio makes you feel the best. Meat, starch, some type of green veggie, and some fat source works the best for me. I like white rice and meat combo the best. Beef, white rice, cheese is a very dank combo, calorically dense, easy on digestion, and gets temps up every time.

Literally just one day of doing this for me brought back morning woods and optimistic dreams. When things start turning around for the better, you'll immediately take notes on what consistently you need to do, and keep those as mainstays of your FeelGood.exe

Everything else then becomes tweaking around and adding and removing lines of code to the main body.

Motif

My digestion sucks and I have bloating and gas usually with meals and I'm sure SIBO too...

But if I ate like you did I'm pretty sure I'd be extremely depressed. And I usually feel pretty good on most days so long as my caloric intake is high enough.

First off you need meals, and regular meals. Think standard American protein, carb, fat for each breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The fat helps with digestion a ton, and also use digestive enzymes if you need the added boost. Fat helps so much with digestion that I get significantly less bloat, gas, or coated tongue so long as I properly have enough fat with my starch and meat.

I've had chronic acne and oily skin my whole life and up to a couple days ago it's finally went away, and all I did was include vitamin D in my stack. Nothing else dietary made it go 100% away, some things were better than others, but no matter how I ate I always had acne. Definitely make sure you're getting your fat solubles (A,E,D,K). Supplementing Zinc, caffeine, and taurine should be helpful as well.

Then as sourdough suggested, you need sufficient micronutrients from varied sources and then calories. Just start thinking up of interesting things to eat and go eat it. At first you'll run into a lot of problems, foods you don't like, that don't make you feel good etc...but you'll start learning and refining, just don't go overboard, and remember to keep in mind, it's better to eat than starve.

In general I think having 3-4 big meals a day is the most helpful, and then when hungry but not in the mood for big meals, have a dedicate snack and then be done until hungry for a proper big meal. I recommend this because occasional snacking is terrible for your oral health, as we need to let saliva accumulate to keep the pH of our mouth neutral to basic. This should help with tongue coat as well. Big meals should have protein, carb, and fat in whatever ratio makes you feel the best. Meat, starch, some type of green veggie, and some fat source works the best for me. I like white rice and meat combo the best. Beef, white rice, cheese is a very dank combo, calorically dense, easy on digestion, and gets temps up every time.

Crazy that fat helps your digestion. Fat is my worst issue when it comes to digestion.

I get tired from it and I get horribl hot flashes from it. That's why I started ox bile again. I immediately feel relief from it

somuch4food

@Runenight201 is right. Focus more on how you feel mentally and less on physical symptoms. As you can see, what works for one does not work for others. You need to experiment with food and find what feels right to you.

Runenight201

Yea zero fat causes me terrible bloat, fatigue, and won't provide enough calories so i'll be hungry again in 1-2 hours, awful feeling.

Runenight201

@Motif How are you eating your fat? Straight fat leads to hypoglycemic symptoms for me and nausea if overdone (for instance, the second worst I've ever felt was when I was doing a keto *shudder*, and I ate a pound of beef with a stick of butter in it. haha oh man...had to call off of work and just lie in bed for hours for the nausea to subside and the muscle cramping to go away.

Anyways, starch with fat makes me feel pretty good, so long as I don't go overboard. I really just eyeball it and make my own bowls of what I think looks good. Too much fat can be a bad thing with too much starch for sure, in terms of weight gain, but for me no fat is just as bad.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals