Peat Eating And Weight Gain

OP
N

narouz

ARK said:
Broda Barnes says that as long as your temps don't go above the 98.2 (waking) and 98.6, that we are safe to use the t3 and t4. He says that you would have to go above these numbers for quite some time to cause the body to become reliant on the thyroid meds.

ARK, sorry if this has already been addressed,
but that coming from Broda Barnes,
are those temps as measured under arm?

Kris

I have lost in the past 3 months more than 20 kg. No matter what diet you follow, the principle is simple, you need to eat less! Gaining weight is just not right, no matter how you justify it. This is the problem with veganism, they justify everything with the concept of detox; when you die, this is detox too :D. Peat's diet feels sound, but if you want to lose weight drinking 2 l of milk is a crazy idea, this is lots of dairy! So if you want to lose weight, and follow Peat's diet, cut all the portions by half and see what happens.

I personally, did many fasts to lose weight. Juice fasts with colon irrigation and water fasts, plus lots of body work, cardio and weights. And no, I did not gain any weight back. Eating less is a key. If this does not help, cut even this half...

Birdie

Kris said:
I have lost in the past 3 months more than 20 kg. No matter what diet you follow, the principle is simple, you need to eat less! Gaining weight is just not right, no matter how you justify it. This is the problem with veganism, they justify everything with the concept of detox; when you die, this is detox too :D. Peat's diet feels sound, but if you want to lose weight drinking 2 l of milk is a crazy idea, this is lots of dairy! So if you want to lose weight, and follow Peat's diet, cut all the portions by half and see what happens.

I personally, did many fasts to lose weight. Juice fasts with colon irrigation and water fasts, plus lots of body work, cardio and weights. And no, I did not gain any weight back. Eating less is a key. If this does not help, cut even this half...

I've done something similar with my Peat info, Kris. I drink about a liter of 1% milk a day but some cheese too and a couple of tablespoons of ice cream. When I first started all this, I began eating and drinking a whole lot. I gained 9 lbs in just a few months. Now, I've lost 12 by cutting back. I don't count calories.

I am not going to be eating the same amount of food as a man.

Kris

thanks Birdie. i was surprised by the suggestion of Ray to use skimmed milk for losing weight. all kind of tests have been made showing that with full fat complete milk people are losing much more weight than with skimmed milk. when skimming the milk we remove many important nutrients that we need for our metabolism. Peat speaks of farmers giving coconut oil to pigs and finding out that they get leaner; well, with skimmed milk the result was just the opposite, farmers are actually using it to fatten the pigs. so if some folks on this forum cannot lose weight, may be skimmed milk is the culprit.

ARK

narouz-
Barnes writes: ..."it has been established that normal values for underarm temperature are in the range of 97.8 to 98.2 degrees F. A temperature below 97.8 indicated hypothyroidism;one above 98.2, hyperthyroidism."P 46 Hypo- Thyridism: The unsuspected illness.

I believe he is speaking of waking temps.

OP
N

narouz

Kris said:
...well, with skimmed milk the result was just the opposite, farmers are actually using it to fatten the pigs. so if some folks on this forum cannot lose weight, may be skimmed milk is the culprit.

I haven't seen arguments/studies like that, Kris--
that skimmed milk makes animals/humans fatter than whole milk....

OP
N

narouz

ARK said:
narouz-
Barnes writes: ..."it has been established that normal values for underarm temperature are in the range of 97.8 to 98.2 degrees F. A temperature below 97.8 indicated hypothyroidism;one above 98.2, hyperthyroidism."P 46 Hypo- Thyridism: The unsuspected illness.

I believe he is speaking of waking temps.

ARK--
I thought so.
Thanks.
I've read some of Barnes,
but I hadn't seen the bit about the upward threshold
for safe thyroid dosage.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Keeping those numbers in mind, 97.8-98.2. What is 25% above that number, 98.2? Word going round is that keeping yourself 25% hyper is the way to go. So, wondering what number you would be shooting for then?

ARK

Also, keep in mind that is Barnes and not Peat. I think that Barnes says:
Barnes says later " And there is no risk of excessive thyroid dosage as long as basal temperature does not exceed 98.2."He also says that the thyroid gland will not decrease its normal function unless basal temp is maintained for some time above the upper limit of normal." Also, remember - this is underarm temp which would be lower than an oral reading. So I believe that the oral reading is around 98.6 and he is saying we would have to stay above that for some time to effect function.

Kris

Since the subject is about thyroid, what do you guys think about supplementing with iodine? From my browsing I saw that some people have better result than taking T3.

Regarding the temperature tests, one thing is certain - they managed to scare me! My temperature is really low, like 96F. However, I am really doubting that I have hyperthyroidism. I feel just great, lost weight and do lots of heavy workouts without getting tired. Taking supplements, like synthetic T3, and messing with my thyroid, is not something that I am really keen on doing.

pete

From first link ...

This apparent paradox occurs when you reduce the saturated fat in a person’s diet and he/she turns to carbs (grains and sugars primarily) to fill in the gap. It is the grains and sugars that truly make you fat, not saturated fat.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

ARK

He certainly warns against iodine:" Eating seaweed or other foods or supplements containing iodine can cause both hypothyroidism and thyroiditis. The iodate sometimes used as an oxidizing agent in breads have probably contributed to thyroid disease in the industrial countries."

Kris

What about this kind of iodine: Transformative Nano-Colloidal Detoxified Iodine? It is said that one cannot overdoes it, because the excess is stored in the tissue for future use. http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natu ... pplements/

I already wrote about my dilemma to the supplement link of the forum. I have very low temperature, sometimes around 96 and yet I don't have any symptoms. I am very healthy and do all kind of workouts without problem. So the question is should I 'belief' that I have a thyroid problem and treat it, or rather not fixing what is not broken? ps. my pulse is fine.

nwo2012

Kris said:
What about this kind of iodine: Transformative Nano-Colloidal Detoxified Iodine? It is said that one cannot overdoes it, because the excess is stored in the tissue for future use. http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natu ... pplements/

I already wrote about my dilemma to the supplement link of the forum. I have very low temperature, sometimes around 96 and yet I don't have any symptoms. I am very healthy and do all kind of workouts without problem. So the question is should I 'belief' that I have a thyroid problem and treat it, or rather not fixing what is not broken? ps. my pulse is fine.

How old are you? Have you tried the achilles reflex test? The word healthy is very subjective. Many people can be very 'healthy' yet hypothyroid especially in their younger years. Later on the likes of heart disease and cancer can appear. Pulse could be good because of adrenalin as Peat explains. Low temp does not usually have many other causes than a low metabolism. Is the climate generally warm where you are?

Kris

I am 50 years old. I live at the altitude of 6000 feet (2000 m). It is rather cool here, presently, but not yet cold. How do you check the Achilles reflex? Well, in the past 3 months I did some fasts and lost over 20 kg, which could contribute to slowing my metabolism. Not sure.

nwo2012

Kris said:
I am 50 years old. I live at the altitude of 6000 feet (2000 m). It is rather cool here, presently, but not yet cold. How do you check the Achilles reflex? Well, in the past 3 months I did some fasts and lost over 20 kg, which could contribute to slowing my metabolism. Not sure.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=595

I dont think there's much question that fasting would contribute to a slowing of the metabolism. Perhaps your thyroid was borderline before and now you are showing the effetcs. It could also mean that in the future you will develope more symptoms if left untreated. Definitely worth investigating.

Kris

I will do some checking with my thyroid. However, perhaps that temperature is simply one way of looking at things, not something absolute. I am not just healthy, I am very healthy. I have zero allergies (at least that I am aware of). I don't get sick, and am much stronger than people younger than me. Some say that lower metabolism makes you live longer. Also state of consciousness affects body temperature. People in mediation have lower temperature.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals