Potatoes are in the same family as ashwaganda

OP
S

Starchless

This is the best thread ever.

Potatoes destroy all aspects of my quality of life, apart from sleeping like a baby for 10 hours.
Facts you're one of the only people I know who hate potatoes as much as I do, I've been knowing this for ages now, I even have a name for it.

"Potato head" It's a mental state where someone is affected by potatoes and/or potato starch and enters a dark state of agony.

Charger

I agree ginger crashes me and feels serotonergic.

I have looked into this more and found a study which implies that ginger is a 5ar inhibitor:

There is also this:

I guess I will remove ginger from my stack for now and assess.

OP
S

Starchless

I have looked into this more and found a study which implies that ginger is a 5ar inhibitor:

There is also this:

I guess I will remove ginger from my stack for now and assess.
DHT is another subject that makes me confused because everything seems to block DHT, it's hard to find foods that don't.

As far as carbohydrates go, the only carbs that are pro-DHT seem to be:

Milk (Increases 5AR)
White potatoes (Contains nicotine, which increases 5AR)
African yams (Diosgenin, increases DHT)
Sorghum (Increases DHT)

But I don't consume any of these foods, I get bad reactions to dairy, white potatoes mess me up mentally as well as my digestion, african yams kill my libido and feels serotonergic (although I feel the androgenic feeling from it) and sorghum is a grain which I haven't tried and don't think I will.

And even sweet potatoes contain lignans which block 5 alpha reductase, many people don't know that. Same with oranges and orange juice which contain beta-sistosterol

Sefton10

DHT is another subject that makes me confused because everything seems to block DHT, it's hard to find foods that don't.

Milk (Increases 5AR)
Sorghum (Increases DHT)

But I don't consume any of these foods, I get bad reactions to dairy, white potatoes mess me up mentally as well as my digestion, african yams kill my libido and feels serotonergic (although I feel the androgenic feeling from it) and sorghum is a grain which I haven't tried and don't think I will.

And even sweet potatoes contain lignans which block 5 alpha reductase, many people don't know that. Same with oranges and orange juice which contain beta-sistosterol
There’s not a single food that doesn’t block one thing or downregulate another.

Andy316

I also remember, when I was eating potatoes as my primary carb source, I would have major outbursts with my parents and get into lots of arguments during that time, I observed the effect potatoes have on people's behaviour in real life because I was very interested:
@Starchless This really resonated with my situation - The rage and yelling at my parents and my sister. Potatoes were a major trigger, also synthetic B vitamins and High Beta Carotene/Vit A foods.

Maybe our Liver is not working optimally (could be a genetic issue) to clear toxins and this gives rise to bad bacteria/fungal overgrowth, and certain resistant starch/sugar/Milk only feeds the bad bacteria even more and gives us the mentally disturbed states we find ourselves in.

What do you eat besides Meat and Fruit?

For example, I noticed that I tolerate them better if I boil them for a while by piercing them so probably in addition to the loss of potassium / minerals / vitamins I will eliminate some antinutrients such as oxalates / phytates ... or maybe it's just my digestive system and bad bacteria that do not allow me optimal digestion.

Basmati rinsed before cooking with meat / butter / eggs / cheese and lots of salt remains at the top of the list for me.

absolutely eliminated ginger and turmeric

Grapelander

The "Root" is the safest part of the plant. If you are allergic to potatoes; then peel them.
Potatoes & Ashwagandha are both in Solanaceae (nightshade family). Just like tomatoes, eggplant, peppers.
If you are using leaves from these plants heating them up (hot tea) will break down the anti-nutrients.

Ginger is the best thing I know of for gastritis and food poisoning.

Biochemical analysis revealed that GE can relieve motion sickness through reducing histamine and acetylcholine release in vestibular system, regulating fatty acid oxidation, sugar metabolism and bile acid metabolism in mice.

Experiments provide evidence that 6-gingerol exerts cytoprotective effects, which may be associated with the regulation of oxidative stress and apoptosis, potentially through activating the Nrf2 pathway and inhibiting the p38/NF-κB pathways.

HFD induced obesity was significantly curbed by 6-gingerol treatment. Here inhibition mechanism of 6-gingerol is demonstrated on excessive hypertrophy and hyperplasia of adipocytes in white adipose tissue (WAT), which may be related to the regulation of adipocytokines, such as PPARγ, C/EBPα, FABP4 and adiponectin, and the TLR3/IL-6/JAK1/STAT3 axis. Moreover, 6-gingerol treatment suppressed the expressions of IL-1β and CD68 in the liver and AKT/INSR/IRS-1 in epididymal WAT.

The results suggested that 6-gingerol could alleviate metabolic inflammation in the liver and insulin resistance to treat obesity.

mattmm24

Milk (Increases 5AR)
Sorghum (Increases DHT)

Have you tried eating potatoes by themself? That could be the problem. Starches and meat for instance are a horrible combination, yet meat and potatoes is one of the most common meals in America. Starches were meant to be eaten by themselves or with other vegetables. I've read a book on food combining and it is considered the worst combination possible. Meat and starches. Your stomach secretes two totally different acids (forgot the names) at the same time and you end up not digesting any of the food hardly at all. Bad digestion = more serotonin? Something to think about. I just actually ate half a bag of boulder canyon potato chips and I feel fine because I am not combining them with anything else.

A

Adf

Bro, i totally get the ***t feeling from eating potatos, i got extremely angry just from funny taunting messages received from a girl that i liked and i totally overreacted the situation.
And this effect is noticable within minutes of eating the potatos.
Im experimenting with oats these days for breakfast and i cannot say it is making me feel good. But the morning coffee seems to mediate the bad, not so uplifting effects from the oats. In case i have a hard day at work and need to be mentally sharp then i have to skip the oats for sure.
Too bad im kinda addicted to oats with protein powder and berries, the most tasteful food in my day:/ :D

You can replace Oats with Greek Yogurt. Greek Yogurt + Protein powder is like a delicious protein cheescake dessert.

Have you tried eating potatoes by themself? That could be the problem. Starches and meat for instance are a horrible combination, yet meat and potatoes is one of the most common meals in America. Starches were meant to be eaten by themselves or with other vegetables. I've read a book on food combining and it is considered the worst combination possible. Meat and starches. Your stomach secretes two totally different acids (forgot the names) at the same time and you end up not digesting any of the food hardly at all. Bad digestion = more serotonin? Something to think about. I just actually ate half a bag of boulder canyon potato chips and I feel fine because I am not combining them with anything else.
This is interesting, what book is this?

Mr. Potato Head is not happy with this thread

Attachments

• 42E8C96F-1003-49AF-8B56-6BBC67D23214.jpeg
    42E8C96F-1003-49AF-8B56-6BBC67D23214.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 7
Are you talking about the President ? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Mr. Potato Head thinks some folks are prejudiced against potatoes. Like sweet potatoes are better. Or rice. Or squash. No one likes brown bumpy, slightly dirty, oval shaped vegtables of deliciousness?

peter88

This is the best thread ever.

Potatoes destroy all aspects of my quality of life, apart from sleeping like a baby for 10 hours.
I noticed the same after a couple days. Numb penis, plugged nose, sore throat, etc. They give me a real spacey feeling.

SuperStressed

I noticed the same after a couple days. Numb penis, plugged nose, sore throat, etc. They give me a real spacey feeling.
Thats definitely intestinal trouble, windinthepines posted an email from Ray about that sort of thing.

peter88

Thats definitely intestinal trouble, windinthepines posted an email from Ray about that sort of thing.
I think it’s the soluble fiber. Sweet potatoes are the absolute worst. Crushing fatigue and feel borderline autistic. Milk only usually alleviates the mental fog probably due to lack of fermentation but also causes other problems for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals