Announcement Ray Peat Cultists & Cries of Authoritarianism

Miggie

Yes, Salon style discussion needs a reemergence across the world. It always made me chuckle when folks on this forum would attack Joe Mercola for changing his mind. When he gets new information he analyzes it and makes changes in his protocols for "himself N=1" and shares them. It's not like he has people locked up in his house he's experimenting on, it's ALWAYS himself.

In fact just yesterday I listened to a Mercola interview on Postural Restoration. This is something I've been following from a guy on YouTube named, Neil Hallinan.
My massage therapist is always saying my left side is high, my chiropractor tells me my left side is high, and boom I now understand I am right dominant like most people yet to an extreme. My left side molars are not making enough contact and this makes my right side of my neck super dominant. My left scalenes on my neck are always tight as guitar strings. Anyway, I enjoyed knowing Joe Mercola had found Postural Restoration. Changing your posture can change your bite/dental as well as you eye glasses prescription. It's amazing. And then Joe Mercola confessed he gave himself a bunion from walking barefoot for 10 years on his tile floors. OK to be barefoot outside, not inside. He always confesses his blunders and shares them with the world. No one is perfect. Then people attack him for being open, honest and smart enough to gather more information and adjust his stance, i.e. protocols for health. Taking into consideration we are all unique.

So, interesting......someone is making adjustments after gather more information and being attacked. No such thing as a 'BIBLE' on anything....cuz someones gonna find that lost manuscript (or experiment and discover new results with new equipment) to alter said Bible protocol. This is how we break new ground. Old adage: Minds, Umbrellas & books only work when open!

This is not Health oriented, yet a superb example of what new technology has discovered in Ancient Manuscripts . The En Gedi Project from University of Kentucky

En-Gedi Scroll Virtually Unwrapped | Video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07EsQgu9k0g

Wait till they discover the scroll that says......CELIBRATE instead of CELIBATE.......(sorry OLD Joke!)
Even Einstein Doubted himself, now we know with good reason! Science & Doubt & Questioning must never stop!
Absolutes are evolutionary dead ends!
***apologies for the ramble....

You probably have these issues because your maxilla is not developed correctly. If you are interested in this look up jawhacks on youtube. You can combine his knowledge with that of Neils. Im currently trying to get my upper jaw widend and afterwards the teeth fixed to see if this will help me rebalance my body.

Hidden49

Ray Peat Diet:

-too much fructose.......Glucose is the way.
-too much "vitamin A" from liver, OJ, dairy etc..limiting "vitamin A" as much as possible is the way.
-too much calcium........ magnesium, potassium, selenium, molybdenum and zinc picolinate is the way
-no soluble fiber, we need soluble fiber to soak up the bile so we can get it out of the body
-too much copper from liver, oysters, etc
-too many pharmaceuticals like antibiotics that stop the liver from detoxing. makes you look like you are improving when all it is doing is shoving the toxins deeper inside and stopping the liver from working causing cholestasis
-too many supplemented hormones which overload the liver. thyroid supplementation is about the only thing i agree with until it is not needed anymore. And it wont be needed anymore once the liver clears.
-no Niacin as nicotinic acid.....Peat had everyone scared off this when this stuff is truly a miracle from God.

That's all I can think of right now....

All this leads to a liver bomb waiting to go off. And the thing is when this bomb goes off it can happen all at once, so you think everything is just fine and then boom. It can take many years, I am seeing a trend where it takes 7 to 8 years but it will be different for everyone. I have noticed over the years that many people come into Peating and they literally cannot take a week of the diet most likely because their liver is already full slap up.

I have attached a food chart with the foods that will lead to healing the liver. It is a low "vitamin A" and low toxin diet.
What happened to you when you're liver bomb went off?

Spartan300

I have just been looking through your pdf of acceptable, borderline and toxic foods @charlie

Like the vast majority here I have spent the last 6 or so years building my eating habits around most of the things in your toxic section with the exception of PUFA.

Two things I have always been grateful for here is that the information is generally backed by cited studies for reference and people's personal/anecdotal experiences. However I must say that for me almost everything didn't work the way things played out in the study groups.
The exception was high dose B1 but most of those benefits were mental for me.

My head is in a bit of a spin but one thing Is for sure, I'm not much further forward than I was 6 or 7 years ago and I'm ready to try something different.

BeanSprouts

The Ray Peat forum has been scraped so the information is preserved for whenever someone who isn't a mindless drone for a grifter wants to make another forum. Keep up with the community through twitter in the meantime.

Drareg

What Ray Peat diet? This is a red herring, looks like we are back in psyop mode just before the American general election.
Peat mentioned several times over the years that some mental pathologies cannot be reversed, malignant narcism as an example, many folks just don't have the intelligence as adults to perceive, think and act, its too late to change that based on our current understanding, if they could they wouldn't be stuck in religious cults.
Kids can be helped and even more so in the womb.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What Ray Peat diet? This is a red herring, looks like we are back in psyop mode just before the American general election.
Peat mentioned several times over the years that some mental pathologies cannot be reversed, malignant narcism as an example, many folks just don't have the intelligence as adults to perceive, think and act, its too late to change that based on our current understanding, if they could they wouldn't be stuck in religious cults.
Kids can be helped and even more so in the womb.
Bro you need help.

Peater

too many supplemented hormones which overload the liver.
Are you able to go into more details on this? Does that include DHEA and pregnenolone? I can understand estrogen (And by aromatisation, testosterone) being anti-liver.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Are you able to go into more details on this? Does that include DHEA and pregnenolone? I can understand estrogen (And by aromatisation, testosterone) being anti-liver.
Hormones are a net burden on the liver. The more supplemented hormone the more burden on the liver and it cannot be detoxing other things it could be doing. While it is processing that hormone, other stuff is backing up. Plus, with example like progesterone, it signals the liver to store toxins, this is why progesterone goes really high in pregnancy. It signals the liver to store up all the toxins and lock it up in the liver to protect the baby, this is why pregnancy cholestasis is a thing. Take all the burdens off the liver so that it can do what it was meant to do, and something beautiful happens.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
And just to be clear, I consider a cultist someone who cannot stand for Peat's ways to be questioned and then lashes out in some way form or another like harassing my family and the family business. These are people that have made Ray Peat a god. I do not consider someone who disagrees with me a cultist. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing respectfully. And also just to be clear, just because I am questioning Ray Peats common food suggestions, does not mean I am disrespecting Ray Peat. If anything, I am honoring him for trying to find a better way when a problem has been spotted that needs fixed. This solution has been found, I am applying the fix. :hattip

Peater

Hormones are a net burden on the liver. The more supplemented hormone the more burden on the liver and it cannot be detoxing other things it could be doing. While it is processing that hormone, other stuff is backing up. Plus, with example like progesterone, it signals the liver to store toxins, this is why progesterone goes really high in pregnancy. It signals the liver to store up all the toxins and lock it up in the liver to protect the baby, this is why pregnancy cholestasis is a thing. Take all the burdens off the liver so that it can do what it was meant to do, and something beautiful happens.
Thanks, I'd heard that about progesterone right here. I just wasn't sure about the primary "youth hormones".

It makes sense the body would not produce more than it can handle...but Ray did take photos of his improved skin tone etc with preg...but then experienced side effects (I can't recall exactly) and put it down to manufacturing issues...hmm...

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
but then experienced side effects (I can't recall exactly) and put it down to manufacturing issues...hmm...
You are on the right track. Once the perception changes to see what is actually happening, it changes everything.

Peater

You are on the right track. Once the perception changes to see what is actually happening, it changes everything.
Thanks. Yes, I'm still mulling it all over in my head - which is what I had to do when I first heard of Ray Peat!

Pablo Cruise

Just to be clear, is disagreeing with an authority disrespectful?
This is the website. Ray Peat and his theories. You agree or try other websites. I respect the being of this website though I don't agree or disagree with the premise. Admin has the right to set the limits, that is direction chosen not authoritarianism.

Nick

Thanks, I'd heard that about progesterone right here. I just wasn't sure about the primary "youth hormones".

It makes sense the body would not produce more than it can handle...but Ray did take photos of his improved skin tone etc with preg...but then experienced side effects (I can't recall exactly) and put it down to manufacturing issues...hmm...
I remember Ray mentioning once that he was taking pregnenelone for a while and then stopped abruptly and became very sick until he resumed taking pregnenelone. It sounds a lot like it was stopping some detoxification process (perhaps by raising progesterone) and when he stopped the pregnenelone the detox resumed with such a toxic backload as to make him sick.

I suspect these hormones (DHEA, preg etc) can be high in youth because the liver is usually less toxic and can handle it better. Even so, think about the mood swings that many teenagers get when the hormones rise, seems a lot like a burdened liver having trouble with blood sugar regulation.

Peater

I remember Ray mentioning once that he was taking pregnenelone for a while and then stopped abruptly and became very sick until he resumed taking pregnenelone. It sounds a lot like it was stopping some detoxification process (perhaps by raising progesterone) and when he stopped the pregnenelone the detox resumed with such a toxic backload as to make him sick.

I suspect these hormones (DHEA, preg etc) can be high in youth because the liver is usually less toxic and can handle it better. Even so, think about the mood swings that many teenagers get when the hormones rise, seems a lot like a burdened liver having trouble with blood sugar regulation.
Is it known if Ray used Progest-E?

I don't know if he ever mentioned having any specifically liver related problems, just thyroid. (I understand the liver/thyroid connection.)

But itching for example is a common liver/cholestasis complaint.

mm33

Forum Supporter
Ray Peat Diet:

-too much fructose.......Glucose is the way.
-too much "vitamin A" from liver, OJ, dairy etc..limiting "vitamin A" as much as possible is the way.
-too much calcium........ magnesium, potassium, selenium, molybdenum and zinc picolinate is the way
-no soluble fiber, we need soluble fiber to soak up the bile so we can get it out of the body
-too much copper from liver, oysters, etc
-too many pharmaceuticals like antibiotics that stop the liver from detoxing. makes you look like you are improving when all it is doing is shoving the toxins deeper inside and stopping the liver from working causing cholestasis
-too many supplemented hormones which overload the liver. thyroid supplementation is about the only thing i agree with until it is not needed anymore. And it wont be needed anymore once the liver clears.
-no Niacin as nicotinic acid.....Peat had everyone scared off this when this stuff is truly a miracle from God.

That's all I can think of right now....

All this leads to a liver bomb waiting to go off. And the thing is when this bomb goes off it can happen all at once, so you think everything is just fine and then boom. It can take many years, I am seeing a trend where it takes 7 to 8 years but it will be different for everyone. I have noticed over the years that many people come into Peating and they literally cannot take a week of the diet most likely because their liver is already full slap up.

I have attached a food chart with the foods that will lead to healing the liver. It is a low "vitamin A" and low toxin diet.
Thanks for all this info Charlie as I have not been following this very closely. When I read your first post yesterday when you said "If you would just step back a moment, and look how people are coming forward agreeing with many of the things I have said you would see that I am correct in my assessment." I took this worse than you meant but I took it like you are right and those disagreeing are disagreeing with science ala Fauci lol. But now I see what and why you're reacting as such.

So now I will dive into your food pyramid and other evidence. I'm guessing the other posts to see are the Vitamin A toxicity and liver bomb. I am very surprised to see milk and honey on the bad list since as the good book says a land flowing with milk and honey is basically the promised land - just saying lol. I will say since I started drinking milk and OJ again a few years ago I've felt better and looked healthier (per my wife and kids) that when I was basically on a keto diet. But I only have about 6- 8 ounces of each per day. However now I'm wondering if I'm storing all this and damaging my liver. So as stated thanks again for all this and I've got some reading to do.

Izzybelle

Good grief if I were new to Ray Peat I wouldn't know what to think after the things I've been reading here last night and today. Seeds of doubt planted about just about every aspect of Peat's extensive work now that he's no longer here to reply to these arguments. It's like someone said, it's not just that things seem to 'work' but how they work and Peat was the best about explaining those things, but it took me years of reading and listening to him and self-experimentation and I still believe his principles are sound but I'm afraid anyone looking in from the outside would now be dissuaded.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Good grief if I were new to Ray Peat I wouldn't know what to think after the things I've been reading here last night and today. Seeds of doubt planted about just about every aspect of Peat's extensive work now that he's no longer here to reply to these arguments. It's like someone said, it's not just that things seem to 'work' but how they work and Peat was the best about explaining those things, but it took me years of reading and listening to him and self-experimentation and I still believe his principles are sound but I'm afraid anyone looking in from the outside would now be dissuaded.
And then ask yourself...all these people coming out of the wood works now that they know they have a voice.....how can all these people be wrong? How can all these people see and experience something work so well, that was not supposed to work? Men with very high testosterone barely eating any vA at all? Women coming out of menopause that was stolen from them by vA? Women having babies and saying they had the easiest delivery they ever had and also the healthiest baby they ever had? Men in the mens group giggling cause the feel like teenagers again with such strong and deep libido when they thought they would never have that feeling again? Men with such high work capacity they are such a better service to their families and community and work? How in the world would you or anyone else not want this for themselves? How can you or anyone not be so excited for these people that they are Restoring their health and thriving? How is it not right for these people to share with excitement what they have found so that anyone who wants to be can be a part of this Restoration too? Why cannot we just listen to each other instead of letting a study get in the way of our experiences? Why not just set the papers aside and listen to your brothers and sisters who are signalling that hey, we found a better way?!?!?

Izzybelle

And then ask yourself...all these people coming out of the wood works now that they know they have a voice.....how can all these people be wrong? How can all these people see and experience something work so well, that was not supposed to work? Men with very high testosterone barely eating any vA at all? Women coming out of menopause that was stolen from them by vA? Women having babies and saying they had the easiest delivery they ever had and also the healthiest baby they ever had? Men in the mens group giggling cause the feel like teenagers again with such strong and deep libido when they thought they would never have that feeling again? Men with such high work capacity they are such a better service to their families and community and work? How in the world would you or anyone else not want this for themselves? How can you or anyone not be so excited for these people that they are Restoring their health and thriving? How is it not right for these people to share with excitement what they have found so that anyone who wants to be can be a part of this Restoration too? Why cannot we just listen to each other instead of letting a study get in the way of our experiences? Why not just set the papers aside and listen to your brothers and sisters who are signalling that hey, we found a better way?!?!?
I have read no such testimonials myself although I was aware of the anti-Peat Vitamin A toxicity thread which seems to have been around for some time. Why did these people not have a voice as you say? Did anyone ask RP to comment on the Vitamin A theory or were they unable to speak before his death? Plus, it's beyond that. Niacinamide, coffee, progesterone and others all getting hashed over just in this thread and the other one started yesterday. and just by the tone I was getting the impression that because some people didn't like these things or didn't work for them that it's because Peat got it all wrong.

Izzybelle

Just to add, I am wondering if I am seeing erroneous things as well. One poster suggested that Peat really didn't think much of Vitamin A to begin with. Then I heard today a story of how Peat got ill after stopping pregnenolone and then some theory was given about liver overload or something or other, and the fact that he blamed it on problems with the product, but in my memory he said he stopped taking pregnenolone because he no longer saw results and instead focused on increasing light exposure. He did recommend the purest forms fo pregenenolone and any supplement, and also suggested a short duration of use just to correct any deficiency, not overloading on anything. I don't see any of that nuance here. It is entirely possible that I just did not hear him speak about getting ill after stopping pregnenolone until starting it again, but sometimes I feel like history is being rewritten and nuance is being lost and everything can be blamed now on the liver being overloaded with this or that and needing detox. Just my two cents.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals