Ray Peat Diet / Protocol Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay

visionofstrength said:
I hope this helps, narouz....

Here are Ray Peat's suggested daily allowances --- which Jennifer has coined (earlier in this thread) as the RDA (Ray's Daily Allowances) --- for the various Peatian foods and supplements, gathered mostly from email exchanges.

If you're gaining weight as bodyfat, or having other metabolic issues, just ask yourself, are you getting Ray's Daily Allowances?!!

UNCOUPLERS
  • Thyroid: 40 mcg T4/10 mcg T3 once a day; 3 mcg T3 every few hours. Chew it up before swallowing.

Coffee: equivalent of 18 cups regular strength, 4.5 cups at 4x strength

Aspirin: 1 gram either in morning OR at bedtime, .5 grams every four hours through the day

Sleep: 8-8.5 hours, sound without panic, nightmares, or frequent waking

Red light: 750 watts clear flood incandescent, as needed depending on season for a total of 15 hours daylight.

CO2/bicarbonate: supplement with breathing or ingestion as needed, until 5-6% in exhaled breath;
MINERALS
  • Magnesium: 2 grams spread over the course of the day, to bowel tolerance, preferably in milk (27 mg per cup) , coffee (7 mg per cup) or magnesium bicarbonate (~50 mg per ounce).

Calcium: 5 grams spread over the course of the day, to bowel tolerance, preferably in milk (305 mg per cup) or calcium bicarbonate (~35 mg per ounce).

Sodium: salt food generously to taste

Potassium: one quart of orange juice.
PROTECTIVE STEROIDS
  • Progesterone: men - one drop men (3 mg); women - three drops (10 mg). frequency: as needed to resolve symptoms, provided thyroid (and for men DHEA/testosterone) is also supplemented in balance.

DHEA/testosterone: men - trace amount (5 mg) mixed with drop of progesterone; frequency: every few hours as needed to resolve symptoms (i.e., low testosterone).
NAD+/NADH (anti-lipolytic)
  • Niacinamide: 250 mg every few hours

Aspirin: see above, uncouplers.
GSH/GSSG (Tissue oxidation)
  • Thiamine: 300 mg every few hours

DMSO/MSM: if needed for therapeutic purposes

Methylene blue: suggested dosage not yet referenced in Peat's email. Studies say 2 mg/kg of bodyweight is safe.
FAT
  • IMPORTANT: 0-2% unsaturated fat!!!

Coconut/MCT oil: a teaspoon several times throughout the day, depending on activity and energy requirements.

Egg yolks: for fat soluble nutrients, one or two, depending on bodyweight

Liver: for fat soluble nutrients, once a week, or every few days, depending on bodyweight
PROTEIN
  • 2-3g/kg of body weight, divided into doses every two hours.* More if very active.

Gelatin: 6 tablespoons a day (42 grams protein)

Nonfat milk/cottage cheese: the rest

Potato juice: if digestion is impaired.

Very lean meat with cartilage intact: occasionally.
SUGAR
  • At least equal to protein intake. More if high cortisol or adrenaline.

Orange juice: 1 liter per 70 kg of bodyweight; ripe, no pulp.

Nonfat milk (lactose) or fruit sugar (fructose): the rest
VITAMINS
  • A: 5,000 IU; increase as needed if high stress

D: 1,000 IU; in 5:1 proportion to Vitamin A.

E: 100 mg/70 kg bodyweight, increasing with age when iron stores increase [Edit per johns74: can in theory decrease to 0 when PUFAs and iron are minimal]

K2: 15-45 drops depending on liver function.
TRACE MINERALS
  • A few oysters once a week, or scallops.
ENDOTOXINS
  • Raw carrot; 1 per day, grated and then rinsed chewed well, with salt and coconut oil.

Activated charcoal: if digestive upset, 1/4 cup.

*See haidut's posts on protein dosing:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4085&p=49284
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4099&p=49517

Here's my take on Ray Peat and what I do (note - I am a bad Peatarian. I like to drink wine and I have trouble with eating enough of most protein sources, but I do my best):

Thyroid - only necessary if you have a definite endocrine issue. Otherwise, try solving low thyroid with diet first. I have bad endocrine issues, so I've been taking about 2 grains of Cynoplus (with a brief interlude on Thiroyd) for about a year and 4 months.

I regularly drink 8 to 12 oz. of espresso per day as needed, with sugar and milk (or cream) - I switched to espresso a few years ago and it has made a huge difference in how I feel. If I am feeling "meh" mid day or early afternoon, a 4 oz. espresso with some milk and sugar makes a huge difference.

I stopped taking aspirin a few months ago because I didn't feel any difference taking it.

Sleep - I try to get 8 hours every night whenever I can (which is usually every night). I listen to music to help me fall asleep. Or use ASMR (Maria's GentleWhispering works like a charm).

Red Light - I go outside to get my sunlight and use incandescent lights at home. This seems to be good.

Co2/bicarbonate: I regularly drink homemade seltzer water (we have a soda stream) mixed with juice. It's lovely. I also took up yoga and switched to walking (as I can breathe through my nose while doing it)

Magnesium - I seem to get enough from my fruits/juices and espresso (one of the reasons I switched to espresso)

Calcium - I disagree with 5 grams. I think 1,000 mg - 2,000 mg per day is plenty and prefer hard cheeses to milk.

Sodium - I eat salt to taste

Potassium - I drink a lot of OJ and eat oranges. Sometimes potatoes in broths too.

Here is my supplement list:

Vitamin E - about 1600 units per day, give or take
Progest-e - average one bottle every couple of weeks (taken on the gums)
Ox Bile - to help with my lack of gallbladder
Pregnenolone - occasionally, when my supply of progesterone is low
Cascara Sagrada - small amount daily to help with bowel movements
Activated Charcoal - as needed, but not daily
Vitamin K2 - Carlson's brand, 5 mg per day with fat intake (usually cheese) I hate liver, so I need to supplement K2 and should buy more vitamin A soon

Food - I eat according to my cravings, but my diet regularly includes:

coffee with milk and sugar
eggs
fruit - oranges, pomegranate, grapes, seasonal fruits
OJ - I drink OJ or other organic juice when I am thirsty (this is how I get the majority of my sugar)
seafood - I've been eating sushi rolls a lot lately because I've been craving them. Not RP approved, but they digest easier for me than ruminants and I take Vitamin E with my raw fish; also eat shellfish regularly
gelatin - I just made bone broth; try to eat a bowl of that per day and eat occasional gummy snacks
cheese - lots and lots of cheese. my bedtime snack is about 3 or 4 oz. of hard cheese. I've been craving it since I had my appendectomy in September. It was the first food I wanted to eat again. I live for cheese (well, not really, but I really love cheese) - favorites include: gouda, cheddar, ricotta, havarti, whatever strikes my interest.
I like to drink white wine. Now that I take progesterone, I don't notice any estrogenic issues with alcohol. It helps me destress, along with yoga.
I use Coconut oil when I need for cooking.

I'm still not fully where I want to be, but I definitely feel better. I gave up trying to constantly eat more calories when I gained about 25 lbs. my first few months into a RP way of thinking. Thyroid helped me to transition to muscle rather than fat, but I still have to watch my weight. I listen to my body above all, because if it needs more food or nutrients, it usually lets me know.

Re: Vacuums and Protocols

narouz said:
A strong current in forum orthodoxy has it
that "there is no Peat diet."

What is actually said is more about how it is highly problematic to define these ideas into a "diet", and how supremely fallacious the "diet" concept as well as the people who support it are.

Search this site for "there is no Ray Peat diet" and you will find three (3) people writing it including yourself, and only one not in the context of a discussion with you.

The attempt to change the approach of humanity with itself (example "I would feel that I had joined a conspiracy against them") is basic even to the dietary concepts themselves, and by calling it a something something diet you are destroying that, its very foundation. Yes, you might need a little time to put Ray Peat's words into practice and feel sure that you are doing it, but that time is in many ways the main point. And besides, making a list does not shorten that time, it just prevents you from seeing it or embracing it.

It is very hard to explain these reasonings, but we get a little better with time. If I may ask, try to make a brief response to this, or as condensed as possible. I think it could bring us to a better or more effective resolution.

narouz

Such_Saturation said:
What is actually said is more about how it is highly problematic to define these ideas into a "diet", and how supremely fallacious the "diet" concept as well as the people who support it are.

Peat himself uses the word diet.
It is a very simple concept, actually.
So...I can't agree, Such, that it is a "supremely fallacious" concept,
nor can I agree that people who use/"support" the word are.
Me and Peat, you know.
Very unfallacious.

Such_Saturation said:
Search this site for "there is no Ray Peat diet" and you will find three (3) people writing it including yourself, and only one not in the context of a discussion with you.

Don't think you're searching very effectively.
Trust me:
I'm very unfallacious.
They're here.
They fly and dive about like bluejays acting very indignant.
Now they...they are very, very fallacious.

Such_Saturation said:
The attempt to change the approach of humanity with itself (example "I would feel that I had joined a conspiracy against them") is basic even to the dietary concepts themselves, and by calling it a something something diet you are destroying that, its very foundation.

This is called "The Ray Peat Forum."
Are we destroyed?
Furthermore,
I would never attempt change the approach of humanity with itself! :shock:
That would be...
how would you do that anyhow?

Such_Saturation said:
Yes, you might need a little time to put Ray Peat's words into practice and feel sure that you are doing it, but that time is in many ways the main point. And besides, making a list does not shorten that time, it just prevents you from seeing it or embracing it.

Now Such...you always caricature it as a "list."
Not what I had in mind,
but on the other hand there's nothing blasphemous about lists.
Up thread you will note lists from Peat himself,
as well as from VoS (whose list I thought you approved of)
and from Lindsay (very nice list I might add).

Such_Saturation said:
It is very hard to explain these reasonings, but we get a little better with time. If I may ask, try to make a brief response to this, or as condensed as possible. I think it could bring us to a better or more effective resolution.

Resolution?
You mean you want this...to... :cry: end...?
Okay: now I get it.
You're just trying to get longer break times!
15 minutes per 3 hours!
Rules is Rules!! :D

lindsay said:
Here's my take on Ray Peat and what I do (note - I am a bad Peatarian. I like to drink wine and I have trouble with eating enough of most protein sources, but I do my best):

Thyroid - only necessary if you have a definite endocrine issue. Otherwise, try solving low thyroid with diet first. I have bad endocrine issues, so I've been taking about 2 grains of Cynoplus (with a brief interlude on Thiroyd) for about a year and 4 months.

I regularly drink 8 to 12 oz. of espresso per day as needed, with sugar and milk (or cream) - I switched to espresso a few years ago and it has made a huge difference in how I feel. If I am feeling "meh" mid day or early afternoon, a 4 oz. espresso with some milk and sugar makes a huge difference.

I stopped taking aspirin a few months ago because I didn't feel any difference taking it.

Sleep - I try to get 8 hours every night whenever I can (which is usually every night). I listen to music to help me fall asleep. Or use ASMR (Maria's GentleWhispering works like a charm).

Red Light - I go outside to get my sunlight and use incandescent lights at home. This seems to be good.

Co2/bicarbonate: I regularly drink homemade seltzer water (we have a soda stream) mixed with juice. It's lovely. I also took up yoga and switched to walking (as I can breathe through my nose while doing it)

Magnesium - I seem to get enough from my fruits/juices and espresso (one of the reasons I switched to espresso)

Calcium - I disagree with 5 grams. I think 1,000 mg - 2,000 mg per day is plenty and prefer hard cheeses to milk.

Sodium - I eat salt to taste

Potassium - I drink a lot of OJ and eat oranges. Sometimes potatoes in broths too.

Here is my supplement list:

Vitamin E - about 1600 units per day, give or take
Progest-e - average one bottle every couple of weeks (taken on the gums)
Ox Bile - to help with my lack of gallbladder
Pregnenolone - occasionally, when my supply of progesterone is low
Cascara Sagrada - small amount daily to help with bowel movements
Activated Charcoal - as needed, but not daily
Vitamin K2 - Carlson's brand, 5 mg per day with fat intake (usually cheese) I hate liver, so I need to supplement K2 and should buy more vitamin A soon

Food - I eat according to my cravings, but my diet regularly includes:

coffee with milk and sugar
eggs
fruit - oranges, pomegranate, grapes, seasonal fruits
OJ - I drink OJ or other organic juice when I am thirsty (this is how I get the majority of my sugar)
seafood - I've been eating sushi rolls a lot lately because I've been craving them. Not RP approved, but they digest easier for me than ruminants and I take Vitamin E with my raw fish; also eat shellfish regularly
gelatin - I just made bone broth; try to eat a bowl of that per day and eat occasional gummy snacks
cheese - lots and lots of cheese. my bedtime snack is about 3 or 4 oz. of hard cheese. I've been craving it since I had my appendectomy in September. It was the first food I wanted to eat again. I live for cheese (well, not really, but I really love cheese) - favorites include: gouda, cheddar, ricotta, havarti, whatever strikes my interest.
I like to drink white wine. Now that I take progesterone, I don't notice any estrogenic issues with alcohol. It helps me destress, along with yoga.
I use Coconut oil when I need for cooking.

I'm still not fully where I want to be, but I definitely feel better. I gave up trying to constantly eat more calories when I gained about 25 lbs. my first few months into a RP way of thinking. Thyroid helped me to transition to muscle rather than fat, but I still have to watch my weight. I listen to my body above all, because if it needs more food or nutrients, it usually lets me know.
Thanks very much! Will incorporate.

Just curious, I don't see B vitamins here, if not from liver? Maybe from orange juice?

Also, how often during the day do you do progesterone (which has a short half life)? it seems a bottle (28 ml) every two weeks might be 2 ml a day (40 drops) (but progest-e drops for me are hard to gauge).

narouz said:
Such_Saturation said:

Don't think you're searching very effectively.
Trust me:
I'm very unfallacious.
They're here.
They fly and dive about like bluejays acting very indignant.
Now they...they are very, very fallacious.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... %20diet%22

From that link google finds only rayzer (talking to narouz), rolan, and lately Kasper (talking to narouz) and narouz himself have said "there is no ray peat diet". [exact match]

narouz you sow the seeds of your own (argument's) destruction, or is it construction?.... very crafty!

narouz, Such Saturation, any chance you could share with us what you personally eat and/or supplement?

I'd really like to know what makes you two both so brilliant!

lindsay

visionofstrength said:

Just curious, I don't see B vitamins here, if not from liver? Maybe from orange juice?

Also, how often during the day do you do progesterone (which has a short half life)? it seems a bottle (28 ml) every two weeks might be 2 ml a day (40 drops) (but progest-e drops for me are hard to gauge).

Cheese has some B-vitamins, and I usually drink a couple cups worth of milk in my coffee from day to day (it's how I tolerate milk best). Also, incorporating shellfish regularly gives me a good dose of B-vitamins (especially if I choose clams, which isn't often unfortunately). And espresso has a lot of Niacin in it - honestly, switching to an espresso machine and finely ground coffee beans has made a huge difference in how I feel. In winter, I sometimes drink two 8 oz. pots worth from the espresso machine and it keeps me energized through the afternoon.

I usually only take the progesterone at night when I'm sitting down and think of taking it. I don't know how much I actually take at a time - I just keep smearing it on my gums every ten minutes or so until I don't want to do it anymore. I don't have any bad symptoms that I'm trying to solve, just trying to start menstruating again, which requires lots of progesterone. I've also found that Vitamin E works really well as an additional supplement - good compliment to the progesterone, as is pregnenolone, but I just ran out.

Jennifer

lindsay said:
visionofstrength said:

Cheese has some B-vitamins, and I usually drink a couple cups worth of milk in my coffee from day to day (it's how I tolerate milk best). Also, incorporating shellfish regularly gives me a good dose of B-vitamins (especially if I choose clams, which isn't often unfortunately). And espresso has a lot of Niacin in it - honestly, switching to an espresso machine and finely ground coffee beans has made a huge difference in how I feel. In winter, I sometimes drink two 8 oz. pots worth from the espresso machine and it keeps me energized through the afternoon.

I usually only take the progesterone at night when I'm sitting down and think of taking it. I don't know how much I actually take at a time - I just keep smearing it on my gums every ten minutes or so until I don't want to do it anymore. I don't have any bad symptoms that I'm trying to solve, just trying to start menstruating again, which requires lots of progesterone. I've also found that Vitamin E works really well as an additional supplement - good compliment to the progesterone, as is pregnenolone, but I just ran out.
Lindsay, the pregnenolone has helped with your cycle/estrogen symptoms? If so, may I ask what benefits you've noticed.

lindsay

Jennifer said:
Lindsay, the pregnenolone has helped with your cycle/estrogen symptoms? If so, may I ask what benefits you've noticed.

Hi Jennifer! I usually take the pregnenolone when my progesterone is running low and I'm waiting for a new bottle - a week without progesterone and the moodiness/anxiousness creeps back in. I find the pregnenolone and Vitamin E both help when I can't use as much or any progesterone (like when the mail takes extra long for delivery). I don't want to add in any more supplements, but I did like the Swanson's Super strength pregnenolone, which is something like 50 mg I think. Since the body can convert pregnenolone to progesterone, I think this is why it's helpful. I noticed I felt fine going without progesterone so long as I had some pregnenolone and vitamin E (which is super helpful). My low progesterone symptoms tend to coincide with what most menopausal women experience (moodiness, hot flashes, painful breasts, etc.) I find all three supplements help - progesterone, vitamin E and pregnenolone. But I think progesterone & Vitamin E are more potent.

Jennifer

lindsay said:
Jennifer said:

Hi Jennifer! I usually take the pregnenolone when my progesterone is running low and I'm waiting for a new bottle - a week without progesterone and the moodiness/anxiousness creeps back in. I find the pregnenolone and Vitamin E both help when I can't use as much or any progesterone (like when the mail takes extra long for delivery). I don't want to add in any more supplements, but I did like the Swanson's Super strength pregnenolone, which is something like 50 mg I think. Since the body can convert pregnenolone to progesterone, I think this is why it's helpful. I noticed I felt fine going without progesterone so long as I had some pregnenolone and vitamin E (which is super helpful). My low progesterone symptoms tend to coincide with what most menopausal women experience (moodiness, hot flashes, painful breasts, etc.) I find all three supplements help - progesterone, vitamin E and pregnenolone. But I think progesterone & Vitamin E are more potent.
Perfect! Thank you, Lindsay. :)

If I can cut down on the progest-e, all the better. It's costing me so much right now and I seem to run out of it fast so it'll be nice to have preg. on hand in those situations. My stool test showed I'm dealing with an infection so I'm taking minocycline to clear it. After that, hopefully I won't need so much progesterone in supplemental form. Were you able to reduce your daily dose of progest-e after you finished the antibiotics from when you appendectomy? Sorry! That's my last question. I promise! :|

lindsay

Jennifer said:

If I can cut down on the progest-e, all the better. It's costing me so much right now and I seem to run out of it fast so it'll be nice to have preg. on hand in those situations. My stool test showed I'm dealing with an infection so I'm taking minocycline to clear it. After that, hopefully I won't need so much progesterone in supplemental form. Were you able to reduce your daily dose of progest-e after you finished the antibiotics from when you appendectomy? Sorry! That's my last question. I promise! :|

Glad I can be of help!! I know what you mean about the progesterone - I've started ordering it in two's instead of four bottles at a time because then I end up with that gap on purpose (which saves me some money). I also find I don't need a lot of it from day to day, it's just that I'd like to menstruate again :P

I'm sorry to hear about your infection, but glad the doctors could find it in your stool test! I think I took Minocycline after my appendicitis - there were two antibiotics I took and that was one of them. Does it smell real bad like sulphur? If so, that's the one I'm thinking of :)

I can't remember how much progesterone I was able to take following my antibiotics, but I just remember feeling sky high for about a month - great energy, no estrogen dominance. The antibiotics tend to cause diarrhea in the mornings, however, so don't be alarmed. Then again, that could be because I'm a coffee drinker..... I think I've had a reduced dosage for quite some time. I don't go through the bottle a week I used to, that's for sure. I think the pregnenolone will definitely help. Good luck to you!!

narouz

Jennifer said:
lindsay said:
Jennifer said:

So Jennifer,
is that the Genova test you mentioned in another thread?
I'd like to hear all about that...if you're in the mood. :D

Jennifer

narouz said:
So Jennifer,
Umm...if I tell you, will you skip over the first few pages of the thread? I may have mentioned your turnip post and something about wanting to bring that turnip down. :| Okay, fine! I did in fact mention the turnip and wanting to bring it down. I was just being playful. :lol:

I talked about the Genova stool test throughout my recovery log, but if you go to last couple of pages, I gave a link to it to BP. I didn't have a yeast overgrowth like my doctor thought based on symptoms. To spare you from committing to Nystatin enemas :shock: , perhaps the stool test could help you narrow down possible causes of the symptoms you've been having?

narouz

visionofstrength said:
From that link google finds only rayzer (talking to narouz), rolan, and lately Kasper (talking to narouz) and narouz himself have said "there is no ray peat diet". [exact match]

VoS-
I guess you're relatively new 'round here.
You have no idea what a softball you're lobbing up to me. :lol:

When I refer to those who enjoy (too much for their own good) pronouncing:
"There is no Peat diet,"
I am using that as an umbrella
under which to group a bunch of similar "arguments,"
many of which do not employ that exact sentence.

For instance,
our friend Such apparently falls under that umbrella.
He may believe there is a Peat diet,
but he doesn't think anyone should say what it is...or something like that.

Then just up the thread a bit you have johns,
who ecstatically cries out to the world his joy
in believing there is no Peat diet
while simultaneously priding himself on finding one described online and photographed. :)

Within the last month I exchanged pleasantries with Such
over in a thread of mine about Blake and Vagueness.
Therein, familiar folks popped in to pridefully announce their certainty
that no Peat diet exists.

Yet your search missed those.

So as I say, under the umbrella of "There is no Peat diet," I mean to include these various positions:
-Some just say "There is no Peat diet."
-Some think there is a Peat diet but it must be kept secret. :cool:
-Some think there is a Peat diet,
but no one should attempt to communicate it
because language is so fallible that we're bound to botch it :shock:
(I'm not kidding).
-Some think there is a Peat diet
but that it must not be summarized
because even the simple act of summary is ipso facto an Act of Authoritarianism. :eek:
-Some see Peat's scientific writings as works of art,
and see any attempt to summarize them as about the same thing
as hanging a summary on a Matisse painting.
-Some don't want Peat's dietary recommendations referred to as a "diet,"
because that will traumatize people with problematic relationships with food.
-Some don't want Peat's dietary recommendations referred to as a "diet,"
because they insist we've moved past dictionary definitions.

That's just a few off the top of my head.

If you have a few days,
read through my old thread called something like
"Notes toward an Optimal Peat Diet."

narouz

Jennifer said:
narouz said:
So Jennifer,
Umm...if I tell you, will you skip over the first few pages of the thread? I may have mentioned your turnip post and something about wanting to bring that turnip down. :| Okay, fine! I did in fact mention the turnip and wanting to bring it down. I was just being playful. :lol:

I talked about the Genova stool test throughout my recovery log, but if you go to last couple of pages, I gave a link to it to BP. I didn't have a yeast overgrowth like my doctor thought based on symptoms. To spare you from committing to Nystatin enemas :shock: , perhaps the stool test could help you narrow down possible causes of the symptoms you've been having?

It is impossible to hurt my feelings
in any case involving turnips.
So fear not.

I will go over there and seek out the link (to your test results, I guess?).
Thanks!

johns74

narouz said:
Then just up the thread a bit you have johns,
who ecstatically cries out to the world his joy
in believing there is no Peat diet
while simultaneously priding himself on finding one described online and photographed.

That is false. Apparently if-then statements are too sophisticated for some.

Jennifer

lindsay said:
Jennifer said:

Glad I can be of help!! I know what you mean about the progesterone - I've started ordering it in two's instead of four bottles at a time because then I end up with that gap on purpose (which saves me some money). I also find I don't need a lot of it from day to day, it's just that I'd like to menstruate again :P

I'm sorry to hear about your infection, but glad the doctors could find it in your stool test! I think I took Minocycline after my appendicitis - there were two antibiotics I took and that was one of them. Does it smell real bad like sulphur? If so, that's the one I'm thinking of :)

I can't remember how much progesterone I was able to take following my antibiotics, but I just remember feeling sky high for about a month - great energy, no estrogen dominance. The antibiotics tend to cause diarrhea in the mornings, however, so don't be alarmed. Then again, that could be because I'm a coffee drinker..... I think I've had a reduced dosage for quite some time. I don't go through the bottle a week I used to, that's for sure. I think the pregnenolone will definitely help. Good luck to you!!
Oh okay, this is funny. I'm not sure if the minocycline smells like sulphur because I quickly swigged it down and hadn't noticed any odor, but this morning while running errands, I had Bee with me in the car and got a strong whiff of rotten eggs and thought he was gassy. So It might have been emanating from me? Whoops! Sorry, little buggy man. My bad! :lol:

Thanks for all the info, Lindsay. I hope the minocycline works as well for me as it had for you. I'm not too concerned with diarrhea. I'm so use to it by now. :roll:

Jennifer

narouz said:
Jennifer said:
narouz said:
So Jennifer,

It is impossible to hurt my feelings
in any case involving turnips.
So fear not.

I will go over there and seek out the link (to your test results, I guess?).
Thanks!
Thanks! You're a good sport. :)

I didn't post which bacteria were causing the infection since there are a lot of them and their names are ridiculously long, but you'll see the link and everything the GI Effects stool test tests for. I could take a picture of my results sheet, but I don't think anyone would really be interested in that. LOL

narouz said:
If you have a few days,
read through my old thread called something like
"Notes toward an Optimal Peat Diet."
Yes, I think you and Such may agree here, that no one might talk about it but for your efforts.

Can I still hope you might say what you eat/supplement, under whatever umbrella?

Or wait, are you saying that the Notes thread (from 2012) is where you've put that information about what you eat? How about supplements? Any at all?

lindsay

Jennifer said:
Oh okay, this is funny. I'm not sure if the minocycline smells like sulphur because I quickly swigged it down and hadn't noticed any odor, but this morning while running errands, I had Bee with me in the car and got a strong whiff of rotten eggs and thought he was gassy. So It might have been emanating from me? Whoops! Sorry, little buggy man. My bad! :lol:

Thanks for all the info, Lindsay. I hope the minocycline works as well for me as it had for you. I'm not too concerned with diarrhea. I'm so use to it by now. :roll:

Open the bottle and take a whiff - you'll know :) I hated the smell of it - it might be part of the reason I had no appetite for 3 weeks, but it worked well. I could eat anything and it would pass through without making me feel horrible. The diarrhea was only in the morning, and as I said it was likely due to the coffee intake. I had so much energy despite having surgery!! I hope it will help and I think it's good you are taking the stuff - I might have avoided my appendicitis if I had known something was up beforehand. I should have known.....

P.S. My dairy cravings (for cheese) were insane following antibiotics (still are)..... which leads to this:

The fall off of the drug is not a happy one - watch out for urinary tract infections - I had issues after I finished my antibiotic doses. But I also had a catheter, so that could be why. I was able to mitigate it with cranberry extract. Also, oranges and OJ have become my friends - they are on par with antibiotics in my book. And I have to limit starch - not avoid it entirely, just be careful. But I still eat bread in very small amounts :) I think my dairy cravings were for the good bacteria - fermented dairy has fantastic benefits (hence my cheese cravings - my Austrian friend pointed this out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals