Ray Peat Has Grey Hair, No Facial Hair, Black Teeth And Age Pigments

GreekDemiGod

If he's on Testosterone / TRT, that's another argument on why he should look younger than he looks.
Have there been any overvations between hyperthyroidism and aging / youthfulness?

@schultz Excuse is dismissed.

bistecca

I showed my landlord a picture of Ray, who I believe was 78 in that picture. She is 81 and very health conscious and pretty healthy for her age. She has a lot of peat-y elements to her life and those things we had in common were justification for moving in to this place.. She was shocked when I told her how old he was in the picture and said he could pass for being 60. You can criticize Ray for not being perfect, but life is hard and we all have blind spots. I've never encountered anyone with as comprehensive a set of considerations in striving for health as Ray. You can see it in his eyes, the firmness of his face and particularly under the chin.. Overall he has no visible visceral adiposity which is harder and harder to avoid in this world. He looks tremendously youthful to me.

Korven

You are right on this, from looking at the picture.

Not only does he look very youthful (firm skin, barely any wrinkles, thick hair), but he also moves around like a 20 year old in this video

The only "flaw" would be his missing teeth but I think that was from him experimenting with wheat germ oil, and I mean he has probably spent most of his life experimenting on himself with different hormones and diets... considering that he has aged very gracefully.

Or you can follow Dr Greger advice and take a "science-based" approach to health and longevity and look like a ghoul at 47 years old:

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 11.22.28.png

GreekDemiGod

@Korven Haven't seen this video before. There is something in his eyes, they look youthful, alive, serene.
This is Shawk Baker, 3 years Carnivore. He is 53.His phisique and muscle mass is indeed impressive, but other than that, he is not aging gracefully, I'd say.

EWal3Q_U8AEd3-4

yoshiesque

Lol he has experimented alot and experimentation will always have a high degree of failure before success. So I expect him to have aged. I don't think he figured it all out at the age of like 30. Question is knowing what he knows now (or maybe in last 10 to 29 years), if he implemented the diet at 30nwhat would he look like? This means he didn't experiment with weird wheat germ diet that made him unhealthy.

Also, even if he talks of reversing grey hair as a possibility (among other things) what makes u think he is focussed on that right now? I think at 80 when u have a vast incredible amount of intelligence u r better off moving towards discovering more fascinating things about life and sharing it with the world... Rather than being a lil vain and worrying about appearances.

Korven

@Korven Haven't seen this video before. There is something in his eyes, they look youthful, alive, serene.
This is Shawk Baker, 3 years Carnivore. He is 53.His phisique and muscle mass is indeed impressive, but other than that, he is not aging gracefully, I'd say.

Yeah honestly I have no idea how Shawn Baker hasn't crashed yet... he's training 2x per day + trying to lose fat by eating only lean cuts of meat, and has been on a carnivore diet for several years now. Though to be fair he does look and perform 100x better than Dr Greger.

I think that maybe the "best way" to eat carnivore is to do what Shawn does and just eat pounds of meat per day , really ramp up gluconeogenesis and satisfy glucose requirements that way. Maybe that is less stressful compared to the traditional high-fat keto diet.

M

metabolizm

Not only does he look very youthful (firm skin, barely any wrinkles, thick hair), but he also moves around like a 20 year old in this video

The only "flaw" would be his missing teeth but I think that was from him experimenting with wheat germ oil, and I mean he has probably spent most of his life experimenting on himself with different hormones and diets... considering that he has aged very gracefully.

Or you can follow Dr Greger advice and take a "science-based" approach to health and longevity and look like a ghoul at 47 years old:

View attachment 17900

I agree - he is very youthful for his age. There is almost a kind of innocence emanating from him, which is at odds with his intense critical intelligence.

The teeth are bad. I'd like to know more about how that happened. And he sounds like an old man, albeit a freakishly bright old man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waynish

Perhaps the attempt to reduce causal effects to the molecular level is a huge misstep? Here is a video of the master who beat the young & powerful Chinese wrestling champion when he was 60 years old, for perspective:

rei

Most people here must be trolling. RP looks excellent for his age, doubly so considering the background. Maybe he is not the best-preserved 82 year old the planet has to offer, but pretty close to it. At least mentally. I don't know anyone with the breadth of knowledge and capability to speak about deep things without any preparation.

The only thing i would consider is if he has feared exercise-induced stress a bit too much? Since he is in so good condition otherwise, i would expect him to have the capacity to still retain the muscle mass of a 60 year old.

bistecca

Perhaps the attempt to reduce causal effects to the molecular level is a huge misstep? Here is a video of the master who beat the young & powerful Chinese wrestling champion when he was 60 years old, for perspective:

Tell us a little about Huang Sheng Shyan's diet.. I bet it's peat-y and I bet he had the good fortune to be raised in a family that adopted that lifestyle for him as a result of cultural strength and continuity rather than having to discern the correct way in a sea of bull****, as everyone in the developed & industrialized world must.

I agree that relying STRICTLY on molecular/mechanistic rationale for making your decisions is short sighted. You should always contrast that with the epidemiological/anthropological evidence to develop a coherent picture. But that's exactly what gives Rays ideas such merit.. They do cohere with the things you observe on a macro/anthropological/cultural/epidemiological level.

Also, Huang Sheng Shyan was dead by 82. Ray is still alive.

Last edited:

boris

I agree - he is very youthful for his age. There is almost a kind of innocence emanating from him, which is at odds with his intense critical intelligence.

The teeth are bad. I'd like to know more about how that happened. And he sounds like an old man, albeit a freakishly bright old man.

He lost his teeth when he tried to find a simple but economic diet. He bought wheat germ in bulk and used it as his main protein source. This caused his calcium/phosphate ratio to get out of balance and made him lose his teeth.

M

metabolizm

He lost his teeth when he tried to find a simple but economic diet. He bought wheat germ in bulk and used it as his main protein source. This caused his calcium/phosphate ratio to get out of balance and made him lose his teeth.

Thanks, where did he talk about this?

boris

@metabolizm it‘s from the raw audio files of Peats interviews for „on the back of a tiger“. You can find the link to them on the forum!

Last edited:

thomas00

And he sounds like an old man, albeit a freakishly bright old man.

I was actually surprised in that video, he stutters a lot less than he does on the radio.

He's certainly got a playfulness to him as well, makes me smile!

Waynish

Tell us a little about Huang Sheng Shyan's diet.. I bet it's peat-y and I bet he had the good fortune to be raised in a family that adopted that lifestyle for him as a result of cultural strength and continuity rather than having to discern the correct way in a sea of bull****, as everyone in the developed & industrialized world must.

I agree that relying STRICTLY on molecular/mechanistic rationale for making your decisions is short sighted. You should always contrast that with the epidemiological/anthropological evidence to develop a coherent picture. But that's exactly what gives Rays ideas such merit.. They do cohere with the things you observe on a macro/anthropological/cultural/epidemiological level.

Also, Huang Sheng Shyan was dead by 82. Ray is still alive.

Different Chinese masters were famous for having a variety of insane diets - and a lot of drug use (especially opium & alcohol). Their cultivation of qi is protective irrespective of diet - and is the same thing "qigong masters" must use when doing what all western scientists would view as "impossible healing."

Waynish

Ah, yes. Just the kind of unsubstantiated and ludicrous proclamations I've come to expect from many posters on this forum.

Someone sounds excited to take the MicroSoft founder's needle :oops: Too you can't report my posts here like you can on Facebook! :D "But but... The CDC says qi doesn't exist!"

bistecca

Someone sounds excited to take the MicroSoft founder's needle :oops: Too you can't report my posts here like you can on Facebook! :D "But but... The CDC says qi doesn't exist!"

I wouldn't be posting on this forum if I accepted mainstream medical/health thought. But that doesn't mean I willingly accept as fact some vague proclamation by members of this forum.

Waynish

I wouldn't be posting on this forum if I accepted mainstream medical/health thought. But that doesn't mean I willingly accept as fact some vague proclamation by members of this forum.

I don't care that you don't accept my posts. Why would I even want you to accept something without thinking? The information is clearly not for you - but maybe someday you'll understand how direct empiricism excludes all modern science (and who the actual direct empiricists are).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals