Ray Peat’s cause of death

Ritchie

It really sounded like he was battling something health wise for the last year or so, possibly longer. He definitely started shifting his diet significantly seemingly in response to something.. Although he was obviously very tight lipped about it all. There is word that he died of a stroke in the end, but nothing confirmed as of yet. I guess we'll find out in time.

Sunny Jack

I have no idea, but this is such a dreadful title to read on these forums. I suppose the truth still has to sink in for me.

Peaterpeater

Yes, same here. I haven’t accepted it yet. I feel lost without him. His podcasts were part of my daily life. Listening to him speak was something I had to look forward to everyday. His loss is a tremendous tragedy. He was my hero and a great human being. Rest In Peace doctor Hero Peat.

CJ_87

Georgi said that Patrick Timpone allegedly said that he'd had a stroke, which would make sense if he passed in his sleep. I suppose that is the best way to go. But none of us know and we must respect the privacy of Katherine and Peat's family in general.

Plus, @Sunny Jack and @Peaterpeater, I agree, it's a jarring and almost surreal title. Grief often feels surreal because our reality changes unexpectedly and involuntarily. Much love to you both and to everyone reading this who is going through emotional pain.

Peatress

Strange happenings in Oregon

sugarisgreat

Grateful for his generosity and depth of knowledge. He lived a long life.

The number of our years is 70, and if we are strong perhaps 80. He lived 6 years longer than that.

Psalm 90:10 KJV The days of our years are threescore years and ten; And if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, Yet is their strength labour and sorrow; For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Perry Staltic

Strange happenings in Oregon

70 years is not a long enough period to be meaningful.

"Although fir die-offs have been recorded as far back as 1952, when surveys began, this year’s Firmageddon dwarfs all previous records."

RPDiciple

It really sounded like he was battling something health wise for the last year or so, possibly longer. He definitely started shifting his diet significantly seemingly in response to something.. Although he was obviously very tight lipped about it all. There is word that he died of a stroke in the end, but nothing confirmed as of yet. I guess we'll find out in time.
They said he just slept in so no stroke. But yeah we will see

OP
L

Logan-

Knowing the details definitively of the cause of his death, and what lead up to it, is important to this discussion and will make it far more constructive and informative.

Yeah, i hope the subject gets more elucidated with time, otherwise it will only lead to baseless speculation.

I also don't like the "people just die, it was his time" aspect some users here present, it goes against the very core of his teachings. It shows ignorance, lack of inquisitiveness and halt of progress.

I'm sure he wouldn't like his death to be swept under the rug, and investigating what happened could be his final lession.

Candeias

Aspirin can cause brain microbleeds apparently, it could be something related

Apple

Aspirin can cause brain microbleeds apparently, it could be something related
That's actually very possible. I used a small dose for 3-4 days and developed several big bruises on legs which disappered in a few days. It is imposibble to predict if your stores of vit K are depleted.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals