Ray Peat’s cause of death

-Luke-

Dr. B

Rather than speculating just read his articles and listen to his interviews. The idea the Dr Peat, who was always telling people to be mindful of vitamin K when using aspirin, suddenly forgot or took too much aspirin is absurd.

Because aspirin has been abused by pharmaceutical companies that have competing products to sell, as well as by the original efforts to promote aspirin itself, people can easily find reasons why they shouldn't take it.

Early in the 20th century, people were told that fevers were very bad, and that aspirin should be used whenever there is a fever.

In the 1980s, there was a big publicity campaign warning parents that giving aspirin to a child with the flu could cause the potentially deadly Reye syndrome. Aspirin sales declined sharply, as sales of acetaminophen (Tylenol, etc.) increased tremendously. But in Australia, a study of Reye syndrome cases found that six times as many of them had been using acetaminophen as had used aspirin. (Orlowski, et al., 1987)

Until the 1950s and 1960s, when new products were being promoted, little was said about the possibility of stomach ulceration from aspirin. Lately, there has been more publicity about the damage it can do to the stomach and intestine, much of it in connection with the sale of the new "COX-2 inhibitors." (These new drugs, rather than protecting the circulatory system as aspirin does, damage it.) Aspirin rapidly breaks down into acetic acid and salicylic acid (which is found in many fruits), and salicylic acid is protective to the stomach and intestine, and other organs. When aspirin was compared with the other common antiinflammatory drugs, it was found that the salicylic acid it releases protects against the damage done by another drug. (Takeuchi, et al, 2001; Ligumsky, et al., 1985.) Repeated use of aspirin protects the stomach against very strong irritants. The experiments in which aspirin produces stomach ulcers are designed to produce ulcers, not to realistically model the way aspirin is used. Ray Peat
Could it be from having too good a metabolism, body temps too high? There was one substance that did that also?

DaveFoster

Is it something in the air?
Does lithium, barium, aluminum cause issues for Forestry, humans or the atmosphere? (Rhetorical question).
It's just been a very dry, hot summer. There may be another reason, but I live here, and it seems that this seems to be the warming trend.
I'm listening now, to your Remembering Ray Peat episode on YT. Really interesting!
Thank you, glad you like it.

VonKeister

He was taking thyroid most his life which isn't normal. It shouldn't work if your thyroid is fully functioning, you would collapse from the heat or tachycardia but since it apparently worked for him there must have been something anti-thyroid he was doing or consuming most the time which might have went under his radar. It's probably no coincidence that he died not even a year after stopping thyroide

aniciete

He was taking thyroid most his life which isn't normal. It shouldn't work if your thyroid is fully functioning, you would collapse from the heat or tachycardia but since it apparently worked for him there must have been something anti-thyroid he was doing or consuming most the time which might have went under his radar. It's probably no coincidence that he died not even a year after stopping thyroide
When did he stop thyroid?

golder

Can you point us tho where he referenced stopping thyroid?

Momma

Confirmed on GE podcast today that Ray was healthy when he died. So whoever said he had a propensity for stroke due to his history of migraines was correct. Died of a stroke. No other issues. Stated in the first two minutes of the new GE.

Rest in Peace.

Correction: first five minutes.

Michael Mohn

When Ray announced on a podcast a few years ago that he would reduce the issues of his newsletter I knew his energy level was declining and it was a matter of time that he would hit the bottom.
I wasn't surprised at all when I learned of his passing but it's still very sad.
It feels like the end of an era.
We're entering a new age, a dark one I'm afraid.

RealNeat

Confirmed on GE podcast today that Ray was healthy when he died. So whoever said he had a propensity for stroke due to his history of migraines was correct. Died of a stroke. No other issues. Stated in the first two minutes of the new GE.

Rest in Peace.

I think something we are all overlooking a little too quickly is what Danny followed with after these statements, the stress/ demoralization of the last couple "COVID" years. I think Danny was right to say that Rays optimisim took a big dip ( like many of us ) plus he still had the burden to carry of everything he had witnessed in his years of being a healer/ keen observer. He was surely not afflicted by "ignorance is bliss" which arguably condemns and saves a lot of peoples longevity.

I think the fires also added more stress on to an already stressful time, Im dealing with some mild smoke from wildfires now and its misirable, I cant imagine the severity of Oregon in those COVID fire years.

facesavant

Rest in Peace.

Thats too bad, I think some migraines are a b6 deficiency. If I remember correctly Ray did not like taking vitamins.

Dr. B

Thats too bad, I think some migraines are a b6 deficiency. If I remember correctly Ray did not like taking vitamins.
Why was that, side effects? He did talk a lot about supplements but seems he didnt like regularly using any?

rayban

It really sounded like he was battling something health wise for the last year or so, possibly longer. He definitely started shifting his diet significantly seemingly in response to something.. Although he was obviously very tight lipped about it all. There is word that he died of a stroke in the end, but nothing confirmed as of yet. I guess we'll find out in time.
Something I remember reading but im not 100% sure, is that he was treating some sort of skin condition with topical pregnenolone, progesterone or something that started with a p, and this was said in either one of these youtube interviews, in an email reply, or in a written article or interview, so if someone wants to go throught all of that you may find it, I wonder if that was related. And I just heard this guy say this:

OP
L

Logan-

I wouldn't underestimate the psychological factor in this. Georgi and Danny mentioned in one of the most recent podcasts that he was pretty disillusioned with the state of the world in the last 2-3 years. Maybe he thought his message wasn't heard and it was time for him to leave this place.

My grandfather died in the night after my grandmother's funeral. I don't think it was a coincidental date. He thought it was time to go, too.

OLLNX

When he was young he received "near lethal dose of radiation". The consequences of such exposure can be devastating and will stay with you for the rest of your life, no matter what you do or how hard you try to compensate. It could be a real miracle that he managed to live as long as he lived after such event.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals