Starting With Fibromyalgia/cfs/post Polio Syn

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Birdie, that is excellent!!!! :rockout

Make sure you also catch the new NPR interview that was just posted yesterday with Ray Peat in it.

Also, I am big on the warm feet deal. I caught that in one of his interviews a while back and for some reason it really stuck with me. So from that moment on its always heavy socks when its cool. He said in this latest interview when the feet temperature drops down below 90 that it starts making some kind of toxin. So yeh, keep those tootsies warm!!

OP
B

Birdie

Charlie said:
Birdie, that is excellent!!!! :rockout

Make sure you also catch the new NPR interview that was just posted yesterday with Ray Peat in it.

Also, I am big on the warm feet deal. I caught that in one of his interviews a while back and for some reason it really stuck with me. So from that moment on its always heavy socks when its cool. He said in this latest interview when the feet temperature drops down below 90 that it starts making some kind of toxin. So yeh, keep those tootsies warm!!

Thanks Charlie!!

I looked at the comments for that interview, I think. Sounds good too. Will listen now that you mention it. :)

OP
B

Birdie

I just wrote a reply to the Hashimoto's thread and then realized it wasn't appropriate since I am not in that category. So, I'll put it here in my log instead.
Kiran had posted about his night time thyroid dose helping his sleep. My comment was:

From what I hear, some do well with this and others do not. In my case, I've been on NDT for over 20 yrs and still don't do well with an afternoon or evening dose. But some do. My husband, also on it 20 years, can take a dose later in the day.

But things can change. Maybe one day a night time dose will put me to sleep. Just now progesterone and pregnenolone do the job. I'm on nightime LDN too...

I don't know if anyone's mentioned that RP has said sugar would do the same job as the T3 doses. I used mainly T3 but tried to up sugar (fruit) also...

Kiran, I think I'll try Mr B with a bedtime dose. BTW, he has been using 60mg of NDT in the morning, and then beginning the T3 bits. I think we'll try reducing the am dose of NDT to 30mg.

OP
B

Birdie

That interview is a real find. Thank you the modest one who found it. If it had been me I could not have resisted the glamour! :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes Birdie. It was an excellent interview. I even wrote anonymous once again thanking them, and asking if anon wanted credit for the interview find. Have not heard a peep back. I think anon has went back to lurking. Hopefully anon pops up again with another gem like that! :mrgreen:

Hope you are having another good day Birdie! I was really excited for you yesterday! :rockout

OP
B

Birdie

I'm thinking of keeping my journal (handwritten) again and just putting things in this Log as they seem appropriate. More privacy that way.

But I am still using this Forum a lot. It's a great place to learn and to get enthused. :)

OP
B

Birdie

Charlie said:
Yes Birdie. It was an excellent interview. I even wrote anonymous once again thanking them, and asking if anon wanted credit for the interview find. Have not heard a peep back. I think anon has went back to lurking. Hopefully anon pops up again with another gem like that! :mrgreen:

Hope you are having another good day Birdie! I was really excited for you yesterday! :rockout

Thank you, Charlie. I appreciate it!

OP
B

Birdie

A loose end.

Last night I took a 2.5 mg dose of LDN. I slept better. Can't remember for sure but think I didn't have nausea during the night. Then, I awakened in a better mood too.

I'll stick with this dose for a week and re-evaluate.

Best wishes, birdie

OP
B

Birdie

Yesterday, I was thinking that by the title of this log, "Starting with... ", I could give the impression that I expected to be cured of FM with the RP ways. That isn't the case. I didn't have that in mind. A better title would have been "Living with FM etc." Maybe. On second thought that's not it either. Maybe, "Dealing with... "

What I mean to say is that my idea has never been that I am testing out Peat's ways. I don't view it thinking that this or that part doesn't work for me, if I do not see results. Certain parts including pregnenolone for example, I incorporate because I'm convinced the thing will help overall health. I think in terms of the long run.

As we add in or change our diets, it's no possible to see immediate benefits from each and every food/supp. I can make overall broad generalizations. For example, I'm better without starch. Besides, who has room left for it after getting in all the nutrient dense recommended foods? Not me.

A few minutes ago, I offered some of my strawberry milk to my husband. He said he didn't have room for it and can't eat everything that's good for him in one day. Something in that! :D

HDD

I need to remember that, too. Plugged in my foods in cronometer and quickly found out that I will keep on gaining weight if I don't change my ways. :eek: How are you doing with being more mindful, Birdie?

OP
B

Birdie

Hi hagendaz. I hope you saw that I answered your question in my other log. I should have put something here in case. I'm still thinking so much about mindfulness. Although I don't use that word. It's become so popular as a buzzword.. But i am paying attention more often. :)

OP
B

Birdie

It's been a while so thought I'd report on today.

I made oj jello this morning. Now we are set jello wise for a few days.

We had sauteed calf's liver at breakie. Some aspic to balance it. (Also other food.)

I rinsed cottage cheese in the afternoon. That will last 3 or 4 days. We are loving cottage cheese. Mr Birdie has H-D, cottage cheese, jello and fruit in the evening. He's upped the cottage cheese to make it higher protein.

My weight has held pretty steady since last November. This makes my morning exercise routine go better. The extra 15 pounds that I had made everything more difficult movement wise.

All for now. It's time for my epsom salt, baking soda and aspirin bath a la peatarian. Well, a la Peat but through peatarian!!

honeybee

Hi Birdie-what are you doing for exercise? I stopped exercising for about a year and half, now I'm doing low intensity cardio. For lots of reasons. I'm just curious.

OP
B

Birdie

Sorry, HoneyBee, this is the first I've seen of your question.

I do an hour of stretching and exercise every morning. On Sunday, I do just 15 minutes of it, so that I get a break. I do walks, intermittently. Used to do an hour walk every day, but a surgery, three years ago, set me back. I was unable to walk for a few months and when I started back, kept getting shin splints even on soft surfaces with very short/15 minute walks. It took a year to get back to where I am with walks that vary from 15 to about 45 minutes.

I started my exercises when I was 20. They evolved through the years, but kept the same base. Only stopped for some years when I gardened from dawn to dusk. I had to stop the gardening when I got so ill and became bedridden with FMS/EM..

Your question really makes me see the progress I've made in these past 20 years... Thanks for asking and making me think. I hope you are still around this blog.

OP
B

Birdie

So, as I said somewhere else, I had been taking my cytomel bits, sometimes without food. Funny how you go along, and lose information or just begin to deviate from what works. I hadn't been back to the forum in a while so decided to refresh. Mainly looked at the RP answers to emails. That helps keep me on track. My response to the cytomel evened out when I took a little less and always with food.

The thing I don't want is to start trying to get every single nutrient and put on weight. That's my tendency. Ray said that thinking is behind a lot of people's weight gain and I sure am part of that. So easy does it for me.

OP
B

Birdie

Both my husband and I stopped cytomel for the summer. It just got cumbersome remembering to take it. I will start it, probably, as we get less sun. This summer I've been outside gardening. All the light is what I think made it fine to be sans cytomel.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Birdie, is this the first summer you two stopped thyroid supp?

Seems like quite a few were able to stop using it this summer.

OP
B

Birdie

Charlie, I only stopped cynomel this summer. To clarify, I still continued Armour, but at half my winter dose. Thanks, I should have included that.

This is the first time I stopped cynomel for the summer. I kept forgetting to take mine and then noticed I was doing well without it. So serendipitious.

I have been taking Armour for 20 years. For a while I tried substituting some Cynoplus with armour, and took that combo. Didn't work for me. I will up the Armour come Fall, along with slowly adding in some cynomel.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you, Birdie.

Good to see you. :hattip

Peata

Birdie said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/73274/
The thing I don't want is to start trying to get every single nutrient and put on weight. That's my tendency. Ray said that thinking is behind a lot of people's weight gain and I sure am part of that. So easy does it for me.

I think that's been a bit of a problem for me when I started tracking everything in Cronometer. Trying to see those bars level up everyday can lead to overeating.

Anyway, glad to hear from you and that you're doing better.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals