thyroid log - ratio worries

OP
SQu

SQu

that's a great suggestion and ties in with what I have already learned about blood sugar , in particular that I have an issue with it , a big one not easily fixed. once the headache starts not much will turn it around even all the sugar I can take, which might be as much as 6 tablespoons at once with some gelatin in a hot drink. that's why i'm trying more salt, and so far so good with that. I suppose it's all the years - 7 of them I am sad to say - of low carbing that I have to thank for this. nearly 3 years later it's still an issue, though episodes are further apart i'm happy to say.

J

j.

Peat doubts the idea that these "time release" products work. When I see "time release", all I see is bad excipients to avoid.

HDD

Yea, I didn't buy the time-released pregnenolone again.

I had quite a bit of blood sugar issues, too. Finally, I no longer have to eat/drink all the time to avoid hypoglycemia. However, I normally do have something every hour or two.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Haagendazendiane said:
I had some blood sugar issues when I took a time-released pregnenolone product at bedtime. I would have very noticeable hypoglycemia symptoms when I arose in the morning. Could this be a possibility with the migraines?

From a forum member a while ago- (I apologize for my inept posting abilities)

by kettlebell » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:39 am

"I agree - Pregnenolone is definitely a good supplement. I use it myself.

Although not likely, I think the possibility of pregnenolone being changed into an unwanted stress hormone is still possible. It would be under the circumstances when a person has still not corrected their blood sugar levels after taking it. Taking it with lots of sugar and then taking some good sugary food again an hour or two later would easily stop the potential issue though."
Thanks for this post. I have had a particularly stressful week dealing with a critically ill loved one and I noticed that, although I have done better than I would have prior to Peat, the huge amount of stress has still had an impact. One day while in the waiting room at the hospital I could not get my feet warm despite doing all of my normal routine. Then it dawned on me that I had missed my morning dose of niacinamide so I went and had some subpar quality OJ from the hospital cafeteria and took my niacinamide and my feet warmed up. Lesson learned! It's all important and I probably was requiring more sugar than I normally would due to the extreme stress. I greatly appreciate how we can all share these experiences. ;)

OP
SQu

SQu

Hope things are going better blossom? Update _ it's day 23 on 5.5 mcg T4: 3.1 mcg T3 and all still good. Tempted to raise dose by having a 2 nd dose at lunchtime but what holds me back is fear of adrenaline and estrogen rising as they did before. I'm going to give it a month then decide. Because I have achieved a balance that I'm not in a rush to upset. Subtle yet valuable improvements including slight yet effortless weight loss. Still a long way to go there, but encouraging. Still not taking pregnenolone because still no info as requested from manufacturer on ingredients that might have triggered recent 3 day migraine.

OP
SQu

SQu

Oh, and on pillcutters_ was delighted to find one but what a waste of time _ my thumbnails do a better job. It crumbled it up completely! So my doses continue to be approximations. :?

OP
SQu

SQu

Hdd, sorry I missed your info about blood sugar and pregnenolone. Absolutely, it is a possibility. Blood sugar being a big thing for me. And hard to fix when it starts to crash. Thanks for that, I'm going to look into it. I'd like to take pregnenolone again, it did lots for me.

OP
SQu

SQu

Finally got response on ingredients in the pregnenolone I take - mag stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, silicon dioxide. :( going to check out toxinless.
Thyroid update - today no energy at all. Possibilities include overdoing things recently, not enough food especially lunch lately, mild version of bug that's doing the rounds, or maybe it's time to take more thyroid. Will see tomorrow, today feels like anything I do will be a mistake.

J

j.

I mentioned this many times. When I took a supplement with silica (Carlson K2) I got involuntary movements of arms, legs, and facial muscles.

OP
SQu

SQu

Thanks j. So frustrating, I have to cross that one off the list.

OP
SQu

SQu

Update - today is like repeat of yesterday , low energy and mood, aches and tiredness. It's also cooling down as winter approaches. This has forced my hand as I've no longer got the patience for feeling this way after years of it. So at 11 which was only 2 hours after first daily dose (ideally I wanted to repeat at lunchtime but like I said that patience well and truly ran out !) I took the same dose again for a total of 11 mcg T4: 6.2 mcg T3. I remember that much T4 made me hypo after 4 days last time so I'll have to watch it. Watching symptoms with interest. After a few minutes felt warmer.

OP
SQu

SQu

Update - today is like repeat of yesterday , low energy and mood, aches and tiredness. It's also cooling down as winter approaches. This has forced my hand as I've no longer got the patience for feeling this way after years of it. So at 11 which was only 2 hours after first daily dose (ideally I wanted to repeat at lunchtime but like I said that patience well and truly ran out !) I took the same dose again for a total of 11 mcg T4: 6.2 mcg T3. I remember that much T4 made me hypo after 4 days last time so I'll have to watch it. Watching symptoms with interest - and trepidation. That's the most T3 I've ever taken. After a few minutes felt warmer.

mas

Hi Sue,

So many people here don't tolerate winter well at ll. Me too.

I hope you find some relief. Maybe extra red light.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
With winter you are going to take a metabolic hit even if you are healthy due to getting so much less light.

OP
SQu

SQu

Yes, I hate the longer nights, getting up in the dark. It's about the worst thing about winter for me and I truly could not move to a cloudy dark climate because I feel it immediately. So yesterday's extra dose worked beautifully and I felt energetic and happy. I know that's how I always feel on day 1 of adding T4. So it may wear off or something, but I'll watch. Meantime I'm happy the first day went so well. Except for sleep which was terrible but it couldn't have been the reason, because it's been terrible for about a week now. Before I made a thyroid change.

OP
SQu

SQu

Update - day 1 on two doses was good. Day 2 I felt nothing to hypo. Day 3 I was aching by 10am. Took 2.5 mcg T3 also coffee, salty broth. Results : sleepy. Napped and woke with icy nose fingers toes. Looks like it went rT3 on me . A whole 2.5 mcg and all ... :? What is this, 1001 Ways for Thyroid NOT to Work??

Today I've cut down (hard when you're trying to estimate crumbs ) and took 1.25 mcg when energy dipped at 10 am. As per the past two days, I'll take a combined dose later. So for the record, that's 5.5:3.1 @ 7am and again mid afternoon; and T3 only, 2.5 or 1.25 mid morning. So far so good which is why I'm distinctly less grumpy and have a slight improvement in sense of humour failure.

OP
SQu

SQu

Update - bit of a breakthrough! Took T3 with good results, no adrenalin rise. In the way peat suggests, tiny quantities. did it twice, 1.25 at a time, effects lasted a couple of hours in each case. very happy with this, also the quantities of OJ I'm squeezing and drinking daily I think helped blood sugar stay stable. I took T4 at bedtime (5.5mcg) as per RP, but slept appallingly - have to say though this has been the case for a week or more so might not be the T4. I'm very pleased at T3 not raising adrenaline, hope it means my adrenaline problems are improving. Means also that I can take T3 during the day so long as I keep an eye on blood sugar.

OP
SQu

SQu

The next day 3 small doses (1.25mcg) at 7,10,12.30 did nothing, but trying to halve that crumb at 4pm worked. Might have been about half an mcg.
Tiny, but it worked. This pattern is definitely that if a dose has a slightly hypo effect (subtle) ie temp 35.9 and pulse lower than 85then it works to take less. impossible to divide it further than this though.
So I'm taking tiny little doses of T3 only during the day (1.25 mcg 2 or 3 times a day ) and tiny dose T4 at night (5.5 mcg) and think I'm close to getting a winter routine working. I also found a progesterone capsule 25 mg that I'm mixing into vit e oil and experimenting with ,about half that a day at night on gums and I think last night I.slept better for it. I seem to need less aspirin , ache less, prolactin signs are down (what a win). Taking fewer supps. All good :)
I started thyroid 24 march so it's about 6 weeks and a change of season in. So far for all my grumbles it's gone very well, soft landing thanks to all the advice, threads, feedback from RP. where would I be if I was taking the 100mcg of t4 prescribed? Or even the 20mcg t3 prescribed next? considering that a twentieth of these doses is working for me!

OP
SQu

SQu

Day 5 on this routine and it's working fine except I notice I shy away from an afternoon dose because I'm already noticing adrenalin signs. Think afternoons were always this way, explains the tiredness before dinner as it runs out and maybe the poor mood after, as adrenaline quenched. Aching in bed too maybe. The progesterone is starting to help my sleep, and I'm also taking niacinamide to try and build glycogen storage. It's orange season and big bags are cheap so I'm going all out on OJ, hoping this boost helps me turn a corner.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
sueq, great progress!

Just wanted to mention a lot of us having problems with orange juice(i am referring to fresh squeezed here). I get some kind of reactionary stress event that disturbs my sleep, makes me pee a lot more, and just all around not good. However, a couple weeks ago, on a whim. I tried my local grocery stores frozen orange juice, and seem to be having no problems with it. Pretty excited about that. :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals