VoS Uncoupling Thread

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
V
Charlie said:
This is a deadly compound since its effective dose is just slightly less than the lowest reported deadly dose.

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online ... itrophenol
FYI, the lowest reported deadly dose (7mg/kg) seems to have been reported only once, in the 1930s, even though it was commonly used at the time. Apart from that one report, the reported lethal dose is no less than 5 times the effective dose, which is similar to aspirin.

Some parts like muscle might need lots of ATP sometimes which uncoupled respiration does not produce. Do you ever get nose wounds? I find even fifteen milligrams of K2 have very little K1 effect. The potency of the mixed K2/D3 (I think 1mg per dose) is even less than the other product.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
visionofstrength said:
Charlie said:
This is a deadly compound since its effective dose is just slightly less than the lowest reported deadly dose.

FYI, the lowest reported deadly dose (7mg/kg) seems to have been reported only once, in the 1930s, even though it was commonly used at the time. Apart from that one report, the reported lethal dose is no less than 5 times the effective dose, which is similar to aspirin.
Only once is enough. I personally don't think being thin is worth losing my life over. I've been ultra thin a few times and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Just seems quite extreme and dangerous. In our society obsessed with thinness to the point of people mutilating their bodies with bariatric surgery people will literally do anything to look like airbrushed celebrities. That's what I find so refreshing about Peat's work, it's about sensible approaches to health not jeopardizing health to achieve some phony ideal body shape or size.

OP
V
Blossom said:
visionofstrength said:
Charlie said:

Only once is enough. I personally don't think being thin is worth losing my life over. I've been ultra thin a few times and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Just seems quite extreme and dangerous. In our society obsessed with thinness to the point of people mutilating their bodies with bariatric surgery people will literally do anything to look like airbrushed celebrities. That's what I find so refreshing about Peat's work, it's about sensible approaches to health not jeopardizing health to achieve some phony ideal body shape or size.
Hey Blossom, I don't want to get threadjacked here. But this thread is not about DNP, except as an illustration of how uncoupling works.*

This thread is about having a high metabolic rate, and being thin naturally, really without trying, while you eat everything you want! That is what happens, amazingly, with Peat's many "uncouplers".

And that really is all it's cracked up to be, I can tell you from personal experience!

*Peat actually mentions DNP, not unfavorably.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
visionofstrength said:
Blossom said:
visionofstrength said:
Charlie said:

Hey Blossom, I don't want to get threadjacked here. But this thread is not about DNP, except as an illustration of how uncoupling works.*

This thread is about having a high metabolic rate, and being thin naturally, really without trying, while you eat everything you want! That is what happens, amazingly, with Peat's many "uncouplers".

And that really is all it's cracked up to be, I can tell you from personal experience!

*Peat actually mentions DNP, not unfavorably.
Thread Jack wasn't my intention VoS. :hattip
I'm glad to hear DNP is only used as an example of uncoupling and not as a weight loss recommendation. Thanks for clarifying.

taylor108

So, which uncoupling do you think is the most effective, or do you just try and utilize all of them? Or what is a good starting point as far as uncoupling goes? And when you say you eat a lot and stay thin, do you mean you are still eating peat-approved foods (no pufas or grains, etc.) or anything you want?

OP
V
taylor108 said:
So, which uncoupling do you think is the most effective, or do you just try and utilize all of them? Or what is a good starting point as far as uncoupling goes?
That's a great question. I sometimes ask myself what would happen in an end-of-the-world scenario, and which would I want in my prepper's bag. I think I'd say I need them all. I can't think which ones to eliminate!
taylor108 said:
And when you say you eat a lot and stay thin, do you mean you are still eating peat-approved foods (no pufas or grains, etc.) or anything you want?
Yes, I made a post above with my own diet, which may not work for you. I only eat what I think Peat himself eats.

I say this having started out as a big junk food junkie, and a heavy wine and tequila drinker. Since my metabolic rate has hit yogi levels (close to 6% CO2 in my blood), I don't have any inclination at all to eat junk food or drink alcohol. I mean I really wonder what I ever saw in it. Now, I feel like a two year old in the way I approach food. I really seem to know intuitively what's good for me!

If I can do this, you can do this. I was just as bad off as anyone can be only a short time ago.

superhuman

Could you take a SS of your cron-o-meter that represents your daily average in terms of food and with that calories and macros ?
Could you also tell me your height, weight etc and your weight?
Do you loose weight or maintain weight eating this way?
Would be cool to see in terms of what the regular calculators say your BMR should be and what it actually is when you do the things you do.

aquaman

It's a MIRACLE!

visionofstrength said:

If this was so amazingly, miraculously easy as you say it is, then everyone on here would be miraculously thin.

Milklove

If you know what you are doing, it is relatively easy to increase your metabolic rate. The real problems are having enough glycogen in your liver, keeping intestinal inflammation as low as possible and having an adequate supply of nutrients and energy.

The thread shouldn't really be about getting lean. All the things mentioned by VoS are powerful field stabilizers and have far ranging effects on the body, which should be helpful for a lot of degenerative diseases. If I had cancer, I would take exactly the same approach as described by VoS.

I also remember Ray saying, that if someone doesn't exercise at all, one can get the same benefits on a cellular level by temporarily uncoupling the mitochondria.

OP
V
aquaman said:
It's a MIRACLE!

visionofstrength said:

If this was so amazingly, miraculously easy as you say it is, then everyone on here would be miraculously thin.
I would respectfully ask if anyone on here actually does this? Has anyone here had their CO2 measured? Or gone in a metabolic chamber to see what their metabolism is?

If you have, and you have a CO2 level of 6%, then I can assure you, you are miraculously thin!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
visionofstrength said:
I would respectfully ask if anyone on here actually does this? Has anyone here had their CO2 measured? Or gone in a metabolic chamber to see what their metabolism is?

If you have, and you have a CO2 level of 6%, then I can assure you, you are miraculously thin!

Care to provide proof that you are doing this?

OP
V
Milklove said:
If you know what you are doing, it is relatively easy to increase your metabolic rate. The real problems are having enough glycogen in your liver, keeping intestinal inflammation as low as possible and having an adequate supply of nutrients and energy.

The thread shouldn't really be about getting lean. All the things mentioned by VoS are powerful field stabilizers and have far ranging effects on the body, which should be helpful for a lot of degenerative diseases. If I had cancer, I would take exactly the same approach as described by VoS.

I also remember Ray saying, that if someone doesn't exercise at all, one can get the same benefits on a cellular level by temporarily uncoupling the mitochondria.
All of this is so true, m! The challenge for me is to try to explain this in a way that people care about, when they are subjected to (what I think you could fairly call) the brainwashing of science and medicine, much of which is either blatantly false, or espoused by self-interested experts who have no real proof for their claims.

When I look around I see people all over the world suffering in horrible health crises, the hostages of their own metabolic disorders. It's so completely avoidable, as you may know, if you have suffered such a disorder and recovered completely?

Moreover, time may run short. Ebola virus may be spreading, and like pneumonia and so many related illnesses, it strikes those who suffer from metabolic disorders, and is preventable if you have a measurably high level of CO2 in your blood.

OP
V
Charlie said:
visionofstrength said:

Care to provide proof that you are doing this?
Yes, I've often thought about how to prove this, in an open source manner, by providing a replicable protocol that anyone can follow. The CO2 sensor to do it costs about $400, and you need a Windows PC.

If someone else had this equipment, as I do, I could provide my program for doing end-tidal CO2 readings, and I could provide my own data. You should be able to replicate my data, if the protocol is valid (or this would be the goal and may take a few interations).

Right now, I could provide the data, but I don't know that anyone has the equipment or willingness to replicate it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Do you mean breathing 6% CO2 or having 6% CO2 levels as measured in exhaled breath or by a blood gas analysis? Thanks

OP
V
Blossom said:
Do you mean breathing 6% CO2 or having 6% CO2 levels as measured in exhaled breath or by a blood gas analysis? Thanks
As I understand it, an end tidal reading of CO2 is an accurate measure of the pCO2 you would measure with an arterial blood draw (or perhaps calculate from a venous blood draw if you have blood bicarbonate and blood pH). This assumes you have good alveolar perfusion, and if you don't you are likely to know that, because your breathing will be very labored.

Now, inhaling CO2 at 6% is an effective way to raise your blood level to 6%, almost immediately, but the real test is, what happens after you stop inhaling CO2. Does you CO2 stay at or near 6%, and if so, for how long?

This is a theory I've tested and it seems to work, but I am the first to admit I am working from my own understanding based on Peat's work, and learning as I (or we) go!

John Eels

You're clearly excited about these things. When I withhold my judgment, I wanna be your follower. I don't see, doesn't mean it's not there. I need vision.

aquaman

visionofstrength said:
aquaman said:
It's a MIRACLE!

visionofstrength said:

Firstly, your quote above doesn't stipulate this - it just says that if you take Peat's uncouplers you miraculously lose weight. I'd guess 90% of people who read this site often take all of the things you listed as uncouplers (except the inhaled CO2), and weight is a major issue for large amounts of people here, especially stomach fat.

Secondly, your comment about 6% CO2 is largely conjecture unless you have done some large-scale studies on this that we are not aware of.

tomisonbottom

visionofstrength said:
Such_Saturation said:
I did not recommend butter and aspirin. Remember aspirin blocks beta-oxidation in the first place.
What's your view of dosing uncouplers? and therapeutic windows? For example, I take one gram of aspirin on waking up, and then 325 mg roughly every two hours or so, trying to keep within the optimal plasma concentration shown here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... p00344.pdf

Each of Peat's "uncouplers" or "redox balancers" may have a similar therapeutic window? And too much may not be a good thing? Users of DNP report that it, too, has a safe minimal effective dose, though I've not used it. Consider DHEA, for example. which Peat thinks should be limited to only 5mg in a dose! My milligram scale barely registers 5 mg!

But anecdotally, just a 5 mg speck of DHEA in combination with thyroid and progesterone, as Peat suggests, seems to be a potent uncoupler!

[Edit: there may be a therapeutic window for the saturated fatty acid uncouplers, like butyric acid in butter. Weston A. Price reported that teaspoon amounts of butter oil improved the health of his patients greatly. Peat advises teaspoon amounts of coconut oil.]

This is really cool! How much DHEA do you take? And where do you get it from?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals