What I'm Doing For My Auditory Hallucinations

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
I don't think Ray thought the given hypothesis was valid. I also read somewhere it was due to either manganese toxicity from feed, or organophosphate treatments for warble fly. (Going back to the mid 90s cases here)

Thanks for this. Read most of it. Many beneficial things I can use to help me out. Got my hopes up a bit. Today I also read how 1/4 of schizophrenics fully recover in 10 years. I think I have access to everything to be one of those people. I recovered so much in 1.5 years and my condition is always changing. Who knows

I will wait and see what everyone else says about it. Btw Peat mentioned DHA isn't so bad for you if you have vitamin e and selenium. I don't think I have anything to worry about when consuming PUFA from beef brains.

Peater

Thanks for this. Read most of it. Many beneficial things I can use to help me out. Got my hopes up a bit. Today I also read how 1/4 of schizophrenics fully recover in 10 years. I think I have access to everything to be one of those people. I recovered so much in 1.5 years and my condition is always changing. Who knows

I will wait and see what everyone else says about it. Btw Peat mentioned DHA isn't so bad for you if you have vitamin e and selenium. I don't think I have anything to worry about when consuming PUFA from beef brains.

I hope so, not just for you but all the people that are going through this that you would be able to understand and relate to, and hopefully help if you get a chance.

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
I hope so, not just for you but all the people that are going through this that you would be able to understand and relate to, and hopefully help if you get a chance.
Definitely. After all the crazy stuff I went through if I can contribute anything to reduce the suffering and severity of this condition I would feel my life had a true purpose. I'm considering going into drug development in the future to see if I can create a medication for hallucinations only. All these drugs get approved for so many different things like depression and bipolar disease. And it's supposed to cure all the positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia. It's no wonder not one of them works really well for hallucinations. I'm hoping I can change that. Still a bit naïve about how to go about it but I know where to start when it's time.

I was just thinking about it. I may not even be allowed to create a drug that only targets hallucinations

Last edited:

Peater

Definitely. After all the crazy stuff I went through if I can contribute anything to reduce the suffering and severity of this condition I would feel my life had a true purpose. I'm considering going into drug development in the future to see if I can create a medication for hallucinations only. All these drugs get approved for so many different things like depression and bipolar disease. And it's supposed to cure all the positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia. It's no wonder not one of them works really well for hallucinations. I'm hoping I can change that. Still a bit naïve about how to go about it but I know where to start when it's time.
I don't think they like drugs that cure anything. "Managing" the problem is where the money is. :):

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
I don't think they like drugs that cure anything. "Managing" the problem is where the money is. :):
That's true. It won't cure it. But if it removes the hallucinations with minimal side effects then that should satisfy everybody. Because it will have to be used for life and profit. Or until the person heals. Unfortunately they aren't likely to heal. But it wouldn't matter if the medication produced minimal side effects

Peater

That's true. It won't cure it. But if it removes the hallucinations with minimal side effects then that should satisfy everybody. Because it will have to be used for life and profit. Or until the person heals. Unfortunately they aren't likely to heal. But it wouldn't matter if the medication produced minimal side effects

True. Maybe though you'll come up with your own approach that works even better!

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
True. Maybe though you'll come up with your own approach that works even better!
I would prefer that. I'm actually hoping we will one day find a plant that lowers hallucinations directly. Exact mechanisms to study. It's incredible how many things nature built that interacts with our bodies and not one plant out of the many that exists can lower hallucinations.

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Will hopefully be switching to clozapine instead of vraylar. Reason is that my hallucinations are too complex and severe. Clozapine is known as the best medication for treatment resistant schizophrenia and I believe it's the closest chance I have to instantly solving the problem.

Here's an interesting article by vice about clozapine and how it should be used more often for schizophrenia: Clozapine’s Side Effects Scare Doctors, But It Can Be A 'Wonder Drug' For Schizophrenia

No worries about prolactin or too much dopamine antagonism with clozapine.

I was waiting before saying anything to see if it got better. I've been getting a lot more day time hallucinations than usual. I'm forced to share my day with them and it's very annoying. It still gets even more severe at night time where they are just bouncing statements off of each other to annoy me. What halted this from happening was using topical quinine, pansterone, progestene, pyrucet, estroban, and lapodin to the temples. Still using sublingual succinic acid and carnosine for heavy metals.

Hopefully there is something to this and it's actually lowering the hallucinations instantly. There's a possibility that it's not. My hallucinations can understand what's going on in my world and make statements that prove that. They might be internalizing the fact that I'm trying to reduce their noise and actually lower themselves just to do it. Interestingly, they have tons of delusions about what's going on in my mind. The idea that those things I'm applying to my temple is attacking their ability to speak could actually be one of them. They think they're controlling stuff and making things happen when they're clearly not. I'm still trying to figure out how can I best provide useful information and updates to keep people who may need this informed. Hope this is helpful in some way. If someone else could try this out for their hallucinations and post whether it helps or not would be very useful.

freeflow

I am really glad i found your thread. I have a friend who has auditory hallucinations and is schizo. I root for you to improve, please keep doing your porotocols, I am sure you will get better!

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
I am really glad i found your thread. I have a friend who has auditory hallucinations and is schizo. I root for you to improve, please keep doing your porotocols, I am sure you will get better!
Glad I can help. Best of luck with your friend. If you have any questions or something to say don't hesitate.

I really believe a lot of things from Ray Peat fix the negative symptoms. If your friend is on antipsychotics tell him/her about longdan xiegan piang and zhuang yang (youngain) by activeherbs. One lowered prolactin increase from risperidone and the other from olanzapine. Should be very helpful. Also white peony root and Mai Ya (barley sprout) lower prolactin. I also buy those from activeherbs. They make you feel good in general. You might benefit from it.

Just so you know I have no negative symptoms. Just hallucinations

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Just confirmed I have no genes that cause schizophrenia. It also had a section just for auditory and visual hallucinations and I have none. So this is purely environmental. That gives me hope for the future of figuring out this condition and not passing it to my kids if I have

Last edited:
OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
I'm very excited. I've been getting hallucinations that are nonstop verbal and visual displays after 4:00pm to 10:00 pm and for the first time today I directly blocked it. And I mean getting a verbal and visual hallucination every 2 to 3 seconds with hardly any breaks

I used estroban and calcirol to the temples twice today. I applied 4 drops of estroban on both sides and then 5 drops of calcirol on both sides of the temple. Will be doing it again tonight to see if it prevents any resurgence.

Very happy that it got blocked. It came on a bit a few times in whispers and some statements but it never progressed to full blown hallucinations and went away. I will make a separate post about this if it works again tomorrow.

My theory is that I have good blood levels of these vitamins specifically vitamin D which I confirmed but the brain levels are low.

freeflow

Hey man, have you tried sauna what it does to your brain and hallucinations?
It usually lifts up my mood for 2/3 days and my brain is working faster. It really helps for some reason, increased circulation, detoxing, heat shock proteins..

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Hey man, have you tried sauna what it does to your brain and hallucinations?
It usually lifts up my mood for 2/3 days and my brain is working faster. It really helps for some reason, increased circulation, detoxing, heat shock proteins..
I've done sauna before on vacations and near my house but it didn't do anything. I'll keep that in mind and give it another chance one day. I do believe it has other benefits like you mentioned that makes it worth doing

So far I'm having positive experiences with estroban and calcirol but it's too early to recommend anything. I got too excited lol it would be great if it worked because it's not too expensive and easy to do. The voices came back strong in the middle of the night but I didn't get that issue where it's nonstop hallucinations every 2 to 3 seconds during the day and night. A huge relief. Yesterday was probably one of the best days I've had in a long time.

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
So far through regular testing for toxoplasma gondii it said I have not been infected. Still a bit skeptical because of how Lymes Disease can show negative on these type of tests but positive on a test that is justified to be more accurate by many. Overall I'm glad I don't seem to have it

Unfortunately, it turns out my prolactin is high. It's 36.7 ng/ml on a range from 3 to 31. That's surprising since I've been doing things to keep my prolactin low like metergoline, lisuride, longdan, zhuang yang, mai ya, and other herbs that lower prolactin. I need to do a lot more to keep it low. I think it's the risperidone but I'm only taking 2mg.

I'm glad I got this tested. You can see despite having lots of hallucinations my dopamine levels are probably not that high considering the prolactin levels. It's due to other factors like serotonin and glutamate.

Last time I tested my testosterone levels they were 800 ng/dl and I wasn't doing a lot to keep it up. I was depressed because of my situation and didn't feel like optimizing everything. I had low free testosterone levels which means my DHT is probably not that high. I think I had high prolactin levels at that time too.

Despite my possible high prolactin levels during the testosterone test, my estrogen levels were very low. Maybe tissue levels are higher.

TSH is always below 1. So it's probably not thyroid that's causing it

My mercury levels according to the nail test was 4 times higher than the upper level of the reference range. Now it's just below the upper level. Mercury and prolactin are associated with each other. Perhaps mercury can still be affecting my prolactin levels

For a few days before I was doing high dose cyproheptadine which antagonizes d2 receptor.

Haidut mentioned glutamine turns to glutamic acid and that raises prolactin levels. My glutamine levels are almost over the upper reference range despite not intaking lots of glutamine.

Last edited:

Sean.R

Do you think homeopathic dopamine could help?

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
Do you think homeopathic dopamine could help?

Never seen anything like this before. This could help. From my understanding it's pure dopamine. Will look into it and maybe try it. Thank you! Have you tried it?

Sean.R

They use dopamine hydrochloride to make the homeopathic remedy. Liquid homeopathics should Not be shipped out where the weather is cold or freezing as the liquid could freeze and render the homeopathic inert. So probably wait till spring after April if you are going to order some. These companies selling liquid homeopathics should have a disclaimer on their website to not order during cold weather temperatures. There are other companies that make dopamine homeopathic:

Also those companies make L-Dopa homeopathic, I don't know what would help better for mental illness dopamine or l-dopa homeopathic

OP
L

lionsmane311

Forum Supporter
They use dopamine hydrochloride to make the homeopathic remedy. Liquid homeopathics should Not be shipped out where the weather is cold or freezing as the liquid could freeze and render the homeopathic inert. So probably wait till spring after April if you are going to order some. These companies selling liquid homeopathics should have a disclaimer on their website to not order during cold weather temperatures. There are other companies that make dopamine homeopathic:

Also those companies make L-Dopa homeopathic, I don't know what would help better for mental illness dopamine or l-dopa homeopathic
Okay will wait. I'm not sure but I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Both raise dopamine. Maybe try each one and see how you feel

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals