Why Is There So Much Soluble Fibre In Human Breast Milk?

YuraCZ

Your recommendations makes no sense. Keep mucus forming foods and avoid psyllium, even if it flush that nasty old mucus out of me?? And take zinc, selenium, magnesium etc? I take all those supplements for years and I'm still sicker than people who don't supplement with anything.. And I think I know why. Malabsorption due to gluten and now due to excess of mucus (mucoid plaque). I ate for years nothing but high mucus forming foods especially rice, eggs and a lot of meat. So for now no rice, eggs, dairy, also less meat and more vegetables, fruits and will see..

narouz

YuraCZ said:
Interesting. This came out of me a few days ago when I took bentonite clay with psyllium husk powder... It make sense. I think that's why I'm always constipated. My colon is dry without mucus layer. So my poop is stuck and can't go out..
http://www.alambracentre.com/eczema-and ... -and-diet/

from Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucoid_plaque

Medical evaluation
Practicing physicians have dismissed the concept of mucoid plaque as a hoax and a "non-credible concept".[8] A pathologist at the University of Texas School of Medicine addressed Anderson's claims directly, saying that he has "seen several thousand intestinal biopsies and have never seen any 'mucoid plaque.' This is a complete fabrication with no anatomic basis."[1][9] Another pathologist, Edward Friedlander, has noted during his experience that he has never observed anything resembling a "toxic bowel settlement" and that some online photographs actually depict what he recognises as a blood clot.[10] Commenting on claims that waste material can adhere to the colon, Douglas Pleskow, a gastroenterologist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, stated "That is the urban legend. In reality, most people clear their GI tract within three days."[15]

In a review of websites promoting products that claim to remove 'mucoid rope' or plaque from consumers' intestines, Howard Hochster of New York University wrote that these websites are "abundant, quasi-scientific, and unfortunately convincing to a biologically uneducated public." He noted that although such sites are entertaining, they are disturbing in that they promote a belief that has no basis in physiology.[2] Hochster also noted that a preparation marketed to remove mucoid plaque contains laxatives and bulky fibrous ingredients. Thus, the ropy residue expelled from people who consume this product "certainly is a result of the figs and senna in this preparation," rather than any sort of pathologic 'plaque'.[2] Other 'colon cleanser' products contain bentonite clay that, when ingested, would also result in production of bulky stools.[3]

Amazoniac

YuraCZ said:
Your recommendations makes no sense. Keep mucus forming foods and avoid psyllium, even if it flush that nasty old mucus out of me?? And take zinc, selenium, magnesium etc? I take all those supplements for years and I'm still sicker than people who don't supplement with anything.. And I think I know why. Malabsorption due to gluten and now due to excess of mucus (mucoid plaque). I ate for years nothing but high mucus forming foods especially rice, eggs and a lot of meat. So for now no rice, eggs, dairy, also less meat and more vegetables, fruits and will see..

Amazoniac said:
I would not supplement if I wasn't sure, just my opinion.

I would:
- get enough vit D. If I'm not wrong, it plays a role in proper mucosal function
- up your vit C intake
- make some days a week stews with bone marrow. You can refrigerate to skim off the fat layer that forms
- make sure you are getting enough zinc/copper, selenium and magnesium
- adding fat to your meals enough to make them taste the best
- keep the eggs
- experimenting with various types of fermentable carbs in modest amounts
- avoiding the powdered psyllium for a while
- prepare a pboyster soup once in a while

As shocking as that looks, it's probably not accumulation of toxins that were suddenly eliminated. My suggestions are to get those nutrients from foods, avoid added fibers to your diet and improve factors that could be contributing to the constipation.
It doesn't matter if you decide to remove rice, meats and egg whites, but keep the yolks if possible.
I also suggest that you don't pick specific foods and blame them for the situation.

Regardless of that, you'll probably indeed benefit from more vegetables and fruit.

YuraCZ

narouz lol no evidence.. Evidence was in my hand, when I looked at that nasty thing. Maybe 30-40 cm long and it was hollow. It wasn't regular poop. So I really don't care what wiki says LOL. I know what I saw.

narouz

YuraCZ said:
narouz lol no evidence.. Evidence was in my hand, when I looked at that nasty thing. Maybe 30-40 cm long and it was hollow. It wasn't regular poop. So I really don't care what wiki says LOL. I know what I saw.

I am sorry to be a party pooper, Yura...

from http://mucoid-plaque-scam.blogspot.com/

But why do people ingest powdered psyllium and bentonite clay?

Ingesting powdered psyllium and bentonite clay is the basis of Richard Anderson’s scam to convince health-concious consumers that their bodies are full of mucoid plaque. A lot of bogus holistic health companies perpetuate this fabrication by selling an expensive psyllium and bentonite "colon cleansing kit" that you consume over a period of a few days, often while fasting.

How does it work?

The typical colon cleansing kit requires that you mix powdered psyllium and bentonite with liquid and consume the contents over a period of a few days. As the concoction is passed through your system the psyllium and bentonite clay react and bond to the mucous lining in your intestines to form a thick, rubbery product that is ultimately passed as a bowel movement. The more psyllium and bentonite you consume, the more "mucoid plaque" you will pass. You could eat nothing, drink only your psyllium / bentonite smoothie and have 6 bowel movements a day for a month - the colon cleansing kit simply turns your body into a rubber poop factory.

A lot of people get completely scammed by these companies, buy into the "rubber poop factory kit" and then take pictures of themselves and their new rubber poop and post them online.

InChristAlone

Yeah no such thing as mucoid plaque.

EnoreeG

YuraCZ said:
EnoreeG said:
YuraCZ said:
Interesting. This came out of me a few days ago when I took bentonite clay with psyllium husk powder... It make sense. I think that's why I'm always constipated. My colon is dry without mucus layer. So my poop is stuck and can't go out..
http://www.alambracentre.com/eczema-and ... -and-diet/

That link came out? That's astounding! The link is worthwhile reading also. Who would have guessed.

Actually, I tried a gut purge several times about 9 years ago and nothing at all remarkable came out. I felt I'd wasted my money on the colon clense, but I was happy that it seemed to prove that my gut was healthy.

Your article is great at explaining the phlegm-foods / mucus-thickening / absorption blockage issue, and also the causes of phlegm being sugar, citrus and milk. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people on a strict Peat diet are suffering from the symptoms explained in the article. Thanks for sharing! (and excuse the misconstruing).
http://www.mucusfreelife.com/mucusless- ... iet-f-a-q/
One my nail looks as bad as in the pictures here. I think I need some drastic changes in my diet. I eat eggs, meat, kefir etc. every day. I'm so confused omg.. What I'm supposed to eat. :cry:

The nails can be due to psoriasis. Trying to dump out toxins. Skin problems also. Yep, you need to clean out, patch up the gut, and get it healthy.

Amazoniac, above has suggestions. I can't disagree. But to start, I agree to leave off the psyllium and bentonite for a while. If you used them, and they got results (cleanse) then they will have declining effect going forward. Time for phase 2. Focus on food.

My simple answer would be to slowly start with small quantities of vegetables. If you are Peatarian, try the carrots salad, but also add some cooked spinach. As Amazoniac says, smother it with bone broth or butter. If this works, just make gradual changes, in small quantities. Unlike Peat, my slant is toward veggies. But then I'm allergic to dairy except butter and cheese (the lacto carbs I can't do).

OP
S

Stuart

Re: Detrimental effects of fermentation of proteins?

pboy said:
well anything with sulfur in it when fermented creates hydrogen sulfide gas which not only smells horrible, like rotting sewer s*** (think your average public bathroom) but it inhibits cell respiration and mucus production, so it leads to constipation cause the stool cant be lubed properly and coagulated proteins get hardened. Think your average american

I'm not sure that you understand what 'fermentation' in the lower intestine (colon) actually means. When a bacterium in your colon senses something that it can metabolize, be it fermentable fiber or the huge amount of mucus/mucins that occur naturally in your colon, it secretes enzymes that make the nutrients available. They are just eating particular foods that your upper digestive tract can't use - fermentable fiber (.e,g oligosaccharides in milk, pectin in fruit, inulin in veges, collagen in animals).
Fermentable fiber is just substances that your upper digestive tract can't use to provide your body with nourishment or healthgiving factors (vitamins, minerals , immunological substances , signals to other parts of your body to do certain things etc.) but your gut bacteria can. And that's why the health of your body is so dependent on the health of your gut bacteria.
As EnoreeG pointed out, the beneficial bacteria in your colon control the pathogenic bacteria. Trying to reduce the total number of bacteria in your colon more than a few percent of the 100 trillion that live there won't happen without constant powerful antibiotics for your entire life. And while you were thus artificially suppressing your microbiome, you'd also be suppressing the natural function of a healthy microbiome (immune system. brain signaling etc.). Not a good idea. If you ever stopped taking the antibiotics your microbiome would be a mess, and would reward you accordingly.
Your microbiome isn't any more or less important than any other large organ (or combination of organs). They all work in concert to keep you well. Fermentable fiber is simply the preferred food of the beneficial colon microbiota. A stereotypical Peat diet provides plenty of it. My (and many others, throughout human history) personal experience is that more is even better. But if you have SIBO, even a fairly mild case of it, introducing more is always difficult. The interesting thing is that having a healthy colonic microbiota is one of the best protections against the numbers of bacteria in your upper digestive tract from being higher than normal (SIBO). But it's important to stress that you don't want NO bacteria there. Bacteria in the right numbers and strains in your mouth, your stomach and your S.I. allow your microbiome to do the job it is designed to do.

And of course, if you restrict pufas, eat sufficient sat fat, a lot of carbohydrate (particularly from fruit, and plenty of other animal tissue than muscle AS WELL, you may well live a lot longer and healthier than you would oherwise. Isn't that the idea?

Lastly pboy, gelatin, eggs , and many other Peat friendly foods are all very high in sulfur, not just onions and garlic. That's one of the reasons they're so good for you. Although I noticed you used the word 'rotting' emotively again. Where do you get these ideas?

OP
S

Stuart

narouz said:
YuraCZ said:

I am sorry to be a party pooper, Yura...

from http://mucoid-plaque-scam.blogspot.com/

But why do people ingest powdered psyllium and bentonite clay?

Ingesting powdered psyllium and bentonite clay is the basis of Richard Anderson’s scam to convince health-concious consumers that their bodies are full of mucoid plaque. A lot of bogus holistic health companies perpetuate this fabrication by selling an expensive psyllium and bentonite "colon cleansing kit" that you consume over a period of a few days, often while fasting.

How does it work?

The typical colon cleansing kit requires that you mix powdered psyllium and bentonite with liquid and consume the contents over a period of a few days. As the concoction is passed through your system the psyllium and bentonite clay react and bond to the mucous lining in your intestines to form a thick, rubbery product that is ultimately passed as a bowel movement. The more psyllium and bentonite you consume, the more "mucoid plaque" you will pass. You could eat nothing, drink only your psyllium / bentonite smoothie and have 6 bowel movements a day for a month - the colon cleansing kit simply turns your body into a rubber poop factory.

A lot of people get completely scammed by these companies, buy into the "rubber poop factory kit" and then take pictures of themselves and their new rubber poop and post them online.

I have to agree. I think the whole 'mucus is bad' line is a complete scam. Milk is probably the most 'mucus forming food there is. And mucus in your repiratory tract and your colon are completely different anyway. A normal healthy colon is full of mucus and will be as long as you continue to eat carbohydrate. Being Phlegmy in your respiratory system may indicate some kind of dairy allergy.
I think one of the reasons Such_'s microbiota are so well fed is that he drinks a lot of milk. Plenty of mucus in that colon :)

Also anyone who is tempted by 'colon cleanses' or any other kind of 'detox' protocol might find Art Ayers thoughts (can be found on his blog 'Cooling Inflammation') very interesting. A normal healthy human body is detoxing constantly. Attempting to speed up the process with a 'detox' will just disrupt either your digestion or your microbiome - usually both.
But they can have a powerful placebo effect, which will at least lift your spirits.

Stuart said:
Such_Saturation said:
Those are expensive :cool: I need one for every part of my body, I'm messed up :shock:

American Gut is USD 90. I'd pay half, seriously. You have a very unique diet. A microbiota analysis would be very revealing. Actually just seeing the comparison between yours and more stereotypical long term Peatarians would be intriguing too.
It takes months to get the results back though.
Luckily you aren't so messed up that you've lost your sense of humour. Milk makes babies placid too.
Maybe we could crowd fund it? Or just Peat fund a small sample.?
Your body temp is pretty important isn't it? What about stool pH for instance -really significant parameter.

I'll do it, I'm sure of that, but the clause is eventually. I also think I have candida in the household, but that's not a question that people like to be asked, so I don't know. I would get at least two spots checked.

Amazoniac

Such_Saturation said:
Stuart said:
Such_Saturation said:
Those are expensive :cool: I need one for every part of my body, I'm messed up :shock:

American Gut is USD 90. I'd pay half, seriously. You have a very unique diet. A microbiota analysis would be very revealing. Actually just seeing the comparison between yours and more stereotypical long term Peatarians would be intriguing too.
Luckily you aren't so messed up that you've lost your sense of humour. Milk makes babies placid too.
Your body temp is pretty important isn't it? What about stool pH for instance -really significant parameter.

I'll do it, I'm sure of that, but the clause is eventually. I also think I have candida in the household, but that's not a question that people like to be asked, so I don't know. I would get at least two spots checked.

Custom taxes are high in Italy, right? Even to import something like this they must charge you a lot for it..

Amazoniac said:
Such_Saturation said:
Stuart said:
Such_Saturation said:

Custom taxes are high in Italy, right? Even to import something like this they must charge you a lot for it..

If it comes in a small packet or an envelope they won't care for it. It also helps to declare a random but low amount.

When the time comes, I'll pay whatever for my ***t kit :cool:

Amazoniac

It would be cool if we did something like Stuart proposed. Gather some crowd funded money and then raffle some tests for some members in here who are strict with Ray's recommendations. Especially American Gut Project and uBiome, because they offer comparisons..

I personally don't think following a "strict diet" deserves any reward, really, since it should always be a pleasure to do, and so should be the doing of the personal investigations for everyone's benefit.

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
Peat's_Girl said:
dd99 said:
Amazoniac said:
Every breath you take, every move you make..

..and then I realize that Sting sounds like a creep in those songs. Imagine what's like for a girl to hear that!
Haha, yeah. My wife calls Every Breath You Take 'that stalker song'.

Only it's about his daughter...
PG, I tried to find where Every Breath You Take is about Sting's daughter, but all I got was that a pop up video stated that falsely. Do you remember where you heard that?

Supposedly Sting said in an interview that it's about jealousy, surveillance and ownership...

"In a 1983 interview with the New Musical Express, Sting explained: "I think it's a nasty little song, really rather evil. It's about jealousy and surveillance and ownership." Regarding the common misinterpretation of the song, he added: "I think the ambiguity is intrinsic in the song however you treat it because the words are so sadistic. On one level, it's a nice long song with the classic relative minor chords, and underneath there's this distasteful character talking about watching every move. I enjoy that ambiguity. I watched Andy Gibb singing it with some girl on TV a couple of weeks ago, very loving, and totally misinterpreting it. (Laughter) I could still hear the words, which aren't about love at all. I pissed myself laughing."

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=548

It's something my music professor once told us in a class after he asked what we thought the song was about. I know he interviewed a lot of artists for his books but not sure if Sting was one of them.

I remembered it because I was quite surprised. Maybe he fibbed a little? :)

Amazoniac

Such_Saturation said:
I personally don't think following a "strict diet" deserves any reward, really, since it should always be a pleasure to do, and so should be the doing of the personal investigations for everyone's benefit.

Such_, I didn't mean in that way, as a reward. Just the curiosity of how following those specific recommendations affects the gut microbes. And since that might interest a lot of people here and some are on a budget, it would be great to raffle the kits to investigate that.
Do you know any pigeon trainer?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals