Why Is There So Much Soluble Fibre In Human Breast Milk?

jyb

Suikerbuik said:
Lol.. What is your point? Processing, needing, metabolizing, .. cells have got the enzymes for it ;) (and I wasn't talking about astrocytes - I know them a bit as I worked with them). Just that the enzymatic balance in cells favor the breakdown of L-lactid acid heavily instead of producing it. And L or D lactid acid is a major differnce. D-lactid is a huge burden especially in the brain because it inhibits those enzymes "needed" in glial cells and is hardly broken down by the liver or other tissue.

Where did you read D-lactic acid is a burden for the brain? Obviously that would be a concern, at the condition it can actually reach the brain. But the fact that the brain carefully uses L-lactic acid otherwise would make this counter intuitive.

jyb

Suikerbuik said:
• How is bacterial balance related to the level of stress (i.e. low metabolism, aging, disease, inadequate nutrition)
HUGE imo.

Correlation may not be very informative here. Because I read modern diets, including PUFA, kill bacterial diversity. But it doesn't prove it is the flora that is to blame if people are eating a bad diet anyway. There is a case to be made however for when diversity gets under a certain threshold, at which point it becomes *irreversible* with diet alone, if you believe Art Ayers (this is probably why he is so cautious with antibiotics, but he's not the only one on that point). There are thousands of bacteria, we all have a slightly different profile. However the diversity, i.e. number of distinct bacteria, is characterised for a pathological gut. The type of bacteria is also known, we there should be a balance between LPS and non-LPS bacteria. I don't like when people say that we don't know much about gut flora and that we can't control it because we don't know anything about it. It's not true - some properties are predictable, such as the diversity (not the exact bacterial profile) or how some bad bacteria will lead to overgrowth of other bad bacteria once infected. Off topic...

pboy

just as a simple question, what do you guys think these so called 'beneficial bacteria' actually do that's beneficial...like plainly stated, what do they actually do that only they can do?

Initializing "SCFA argument" Subroutine, please wait . . . . . . . 15% . .

jyb

pboy said:
just as a simple question, what do you guys think these so called 'beneficial bacteria' actually do that's beneficial...like plainly stated, what do they actually do that only they can do?

First of all, they are anti-inflammatory. Peat agrees. So it would not be hard to speculate it protects against the endotoxin bacteria. But then if you read studies, you see they them studied as potential treatment for gut lining repair, prevention of pathogen in upper intestines and stimulation of the immune system.

The alternatives for treating gut disease? Hardly any, other than antibiotics, stool transplant and a consistent diet. The former aims to kill bacteria in the short term, whereas the latter two promote bacteria.

narouz

Such_Saturation said:
So what exactly has been produced that wasn't brought to the table in the first place?

Peat's nice quote goes something like,
"When we find the answer to a question, we are changed."

I like that.
But don't forget: first you gotta have a question. :)

narouz

Such_Saturation said:

Idi is gonna come and open a can o' whoop-**** on you.
And I'm not talkin' 'bout the nice laughing Idi!

Attachments

• mean idi.jpg
    mean idi.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 217
narouz said:
Such_Saturation said:
So what exactly has been produced that wasn't brought to the table in the first place?

Peat's nice quote goes something like,
"When we find the answer to a question, we are changed."

I like that.
But don't forget: first you gotta have a question. :)

Well I see lots of answers in here, few questions apart from the rather rhetorically-posed question in the title, and no change at all I'm afraid :mrgreen:

narouz said:
Such_Saturation said:

Idi is gonna come and open a can o' whoop-**** on you.
And I'm not talkin' 'bout the nice laughing Idi!

Just let it load, man, or you're gonna crash the damn thing. :hiding

OP
S

Stuart

jyb said:
pboy said:

First of all, they are anti-inflammatory. Peat agrees. So it would not be hard to speculate it protects against the endotoxin bacteria. But then if you read studies, you see they them studied as potential treatment for gut lining repair, prevention of pathogen in upper intestines and stimulation of the immune system.

The alternatives for treating gut disease? Hardly any, other than antibiotics, stool transplant and a consistent diet. The former aims to kill bacteria in the short term, whereas the latter two promote bacteria.

Human made broad spectrum antibiotics may well help with short term problems, but they all have devastating consequences for your gut microbiota, so in the medium and long term actually seem to cause more problems than they solve.
Raw garlic (and there are many narrow spectrum natural antibiotics that only seem to affect pathogens, not the good guys) is one of the best ways of assisting your commensal bacteria to keep you healthy. Here's a good overview of raw garlic's benefits. Btw. pboy you really do have a problem with the very concept of good bacteria don't you? It's really interesting.

This is from http://gutcritters.com/why-raw-garlic-m ... st-friend/

WHY RAW GARLIC MAY BE YOUR GUT’S BEST FRIEND
by rjmedina
Print Friendly
Not just for vampires!
Not just for vampires!

Those who read my small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) series know that I credit garlic, along with probiotics and prebiotics, for helping me cure myself of it. I described my experience in the last post of that series.

I’ve since received many emails from people about their experiences using this herb. Some have noted no changes whatsoever, while others have seen dramatic improvements in their gastrointestinal conditions.

As with any drug, both synthetic or herbal, your mileage may vary. That said, I still think raw garlic should be part of a healthy diet along with probiotic-rich foods.

Today I want to focus on some compounds in garlic that have some pretty powerful medicinal effects. In order to keep this post from morphing into a book, I plan on just covering those properties that relate to oral and gastrointestinal health.

Keep in mind that everything that follows relies on allicin formation, the active ingredient in garlic. Allicin and its numerous sulfur (Latin spelling: sulphur, sulphide) breakdown products include diallyl sufide, diallyl disulfide, diallyl penta sulfide and diallyl trisulfide to name a few. Actually, there are over 400 different compounds found in garlic, with about thirty having medicinal properties

An enzyme called allinase is activated when raw garlic is pressed, cut, diced, or chewed. This enzyme interacts with alliin, the main sulfur-containing and odorless component found in garlic.

Allinase interacts with alliin forming allicin. It’s allicin that gives garlic its distinctive smell and taste that, depending on your preferences, can either make you feel very happy or gross you out.

Garlic imported into the United States undergoes irradiation by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. You can consider irradiation cold pasteurization in that it kills pathogens in foods by inactivating their DNA.

How this affects allinase is still an open question. I couldn’t find any research that specifically spoke to this issue. The closest I could find was a paper from the European Food Safety Authority that you can download here.

This paper looked at four different enzymes (none of them allinase) and found that irradiation decreased enzymatic activity in all of them. I suspect this is also true for allinase. Therefore, I stand by my recommendation to buy organic garlic or garlic that is domestically grown.

Bacterial Pathogens

Garlic has been used for centuries against bacterial infections. It has been shown effective against Mycobacterium tuberculosis (the bacteria that causes tuberculosis), E. coli, Salmonella, Staphylococcus, Streptococus, Klebsiella, Proteus, Bacillus, Clostridium, and Helicobacter pylory. (1)

It has also been proven effective against Campylobacter jejuni (C. jejuni). (2) C. jejuni is considered the most prevalent cause of food-borne illness in the world as it readily survives on food for extended periods of time. Signs of C. jejuni infection includes abdominal cramps, fever, diarrhea and bloody urine.

Let me interject here that food poisoning can easily cause SIBO, especially in those who have a preexisting case of gut dysbiosis. One of the many roles of beneficial gut flora is to support an environment inhospitable to pathogens.

One way commensal, lactic-acid-forming small intestinal bacteria do this is by producing bacteriocidals that kill or inhibit pathogen growth. Lactobacillus acidolphilus, for example, inhibits Salmonella infection by producing antimicrobial compounds that prevents its attachment to the gut wall. (3) L. acidolphilus also prevents Escherichia coli and Yersinia pseudotuberculosis from doing the same. (4)

When small intestinal dysbiosis is present, this defense mechanism is no longer operative, meaning that any pathogen that happens to breach the gastric barrier now has an opportunity to infect the gut wall. Once this happens, the formation of what are known as biofilms can result.

Consider biofilms a community of pathogens. Many of the bacteria in these communities are of different types and capable of communicating with each other using signaling molecules in a process known as quorum sensing.

This community can be quite impervious to antibiotics because it emits a type of slime that protects its members from both your immune system and any antibiotics you may throw at it. Also, once in a biofilm, bacterial DNA can be switched on making these bacteria more virulent and able to evade the best antibiotics and immune defenses.

Because of this, biofilms are as much as 1,000 times more resistant to antibiotics than individual or planktonic microbes. (5) Effectively neutralizing these biofilms to treat infections is now the focus of intense interest in medical and pharmaceutical research.

What researchers have discovered is that garlic, specifically its diallyl sulfide components, can disrupt these biofilms. A May 2012 paper details an experiment where C. jejuni biofilms were subjected not only to diallyl sulfide, but also to the antibiotics ciproflaxacin and erythromycin. (6)

What these researchers found was that diallyl sulfide killed C. jujuni biofilms at concentrations that were 100-times less than either ciproflaxacin or erythromycin! These scientists note:

“Recent studies indicate that plants, specifically Allium spp., contain antimicrobial agents such as diallyl sulphide [diallyl sufide] that are highly effective against major foodborne pathogens. We hypothesized that diallyl sulphide might be more effective in inactivating bacterial biofilms than erythromycin or ciprofloxacin based on its ability to freely penetrate the phospholipid bilayers of bacterial cell walls. The objectives of this study were to compare systematically the effectiveness of diallyl sulphide with antibiotics commonly used to treat campylobacteriosis. The novelty of this study is that researchers have not examined the antimicrobial activity of diallyl sulphide against any type of bacterial biofilms, including C. jejuni. Moreover, we used biophysical and biochemical techniques to investigate the differences in antimicrobial mechanisms of diallyl sulphide and antibiotics against C. jejuni biofilms. We show for the first time that the anti-microbial activity of diallyl sulphide against C. jejuni planktonic cells and biofilms is much greater than that of selective antibiotics. In addition, we are the first to use vibrational spectroscopy to validate that C. jejuni planktonic cells have a different interaction mode with antibiotics compared with their sessile cell counterparts after biofilm EPS has been destroyed. Planktonic cells and sessile cells have a similar mode of susceptibility to diallyl sulphide, and it was much easier to destroy biofilm EPS with diallyl sulphide than with antibiotics.”

As I mentioned, bacteria living in biofilms communicate with each other by quorum sensing. This ability to talk to each other is for one reason and one reason only, to ensure the survival of the bacterial community. Therefore, anything that inhibits this communication makes the biofilm more susceptible to destruction.

Another breakdown product of garlic is ajoene, which has been shown to prevent this communication. Ajoene has antimicrobial properties against a number of pathogens: Echerichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Xanthomonas maltophilia. However, ajoene by itself is ineffective against the biofilm-forming pathogen Pseudomonas aeruginosa (P. aeruginosa).

An interesting experiment that took note of ajoene’s ineffectiveness against P. aeruginosa biofilms tested whether it would be effective when paired with the antibioitic tobramycin. (7) Tobramycin was chosen because it too is ineffective against this particular biofilm.

However, when both antimicrobials were used, P. aeruginosa biofilms were eradicated. The researchers were able to prove that ajoene was inhibiting quorum sensing thus allowing tobramycin to kill off the now vulnerable pathogens. Pretty cool if you ask me and exciting news given the continuing growth of antibiotic-resistant bacterial strains.

Garlic is also effective against all tested oral pathogens. (8) Not only does it kill Porhpyromonas gingivalis, the oral pathogen responsible for chronic periodontal disease, it is highly effective against Streptococcus mutans, the major pathogen responsible for dental plaque and cavities. The presence of oral pathogens is a known risk factor for gastrointestinal and cardiovascular diseases as swallowing these pathogens can invade the gastrointestinal tract and enter systemic circulation when gastric-barrier function is compromised.

Candida

Garlic doesn’t just work against bacteria. It’s also able to kill the fungus Candida albicans.

I’ve stated in the past that I’m not entirely happy with the descriptive term, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. Yes, the condition is characterized by an overgrowth of pathogens, typically gram-negative, in this part of the digestive tract.

And certainly in many cases this is all that’s happening. Nevertheless, in those who have had recurring courses of antibiotics, SIBO is likely to be accompanied by an overgrowth of Candida.

That was true for me and I suspect it’s the case for many. I believe that a number of people who fail to reap any lasting benefit from using antibiotics or other herbals to treat their SIBO may have an underlying Candida overgrowth that has gone unresolved.

Let me state for the record that there is no possibility of ever eradicating Candida. It’s been with you since you were born, and it will accompany you to the grave. It’s a normal part of your gut ecology, and as long as it’s kept in check by beneficial gut bacteria, it’s totally harmless. And it’s entirely possible that future research may uncover that it has beneficial effects when part of a healthy gut flora, much as we’re learning about H. pylori. However, as with any organism, an overgrowth can cause some intractable problems.

Garlic’s diallyl disulfide has been shown to deplete glutathione in Candida albicans. This is important, because just as this powerful antioxidant protects our cells against free-radical damage, it does the same for Candida. It’s this property of Candida that thwarts your immune system’s ability to control it once it gets out of hand.

Diallyl disulfide, however, short-circuits this defense mechanism. It also inhibits mitochondrial respiration in this fungus, which also serves to kill it. (9)

If Candida is a persistent problem for you, I would strongly urge you to make use of garlic’s demonstrated ability to keep it under control. And used in a diluted wash, garlic is also effective against fungal skin outbreaks.

Parasites

Garlic has proven quite lethal to parasites. It is able to kill Entamoeba histolytica and trypanosomes. (10) (11)

Garlic compounds have also been shown to kill Giardia intestinalis. Giardia is the most commonly diagnosed cause of diarrhea in the United States and worldwide. The cysts that transmit it can survive in cold water for several months and are readily transmitted by animals such as voles, muskrats and birds.

If ingested, these cysts are activated by stomach acid and can rapidly colonize the mid-section or jejunum of the small intestine. This in turn can lead to malabsorption of food, nausea, diarrhea, bloating, cramps and weight loss. In the very young, the elderly and in those with compromised immune function, a Giardia infestation can be deadly.

Treatment involves anti-parasitic medication. Unfortunately, resistant strains of Giardia are emerging.

Garlic compounds rapidly diffuse throughout the biological membranes of this parasite making them fragile. These compounds also stimulate the production of nitric oxide synthase (NOS), and this has been shown to be highly toxic to Giardia.

Of the garlic compounds studied, the following were found to have the most effect against Giardia: allyl alcohol, allyl mercaptan, diallyl disulfide, dimethyl disulfide, and methyl propyl sulfide. (12)

Colon Cancer Cells

Colon cancer is one of the most pervasive cancers worldwide. Tumors originate from polyps that grow on the inner wall of the colon. While initially benign, some can become cancerous over time.

Butyrate, the short-chain fatty acid produced by the fermentation of soluble fibers by bifidobacteria, has demonstrated effects in preventing colon-cancer cell proliferation and activating pathways that lead to cancer cell death or apoptosis. (13) Anyone out there dealing with colon cancer needs to increase their populations of bifidobacteria.

Butyrate is not alone in its cancer-fighting effects, however. Diallyl disulfide has also been shown to cause death of HT-29 colon cancer cells. Combining butyrate and diallyl disulfide produces a pronounced synergistic effect. (14)

At equal concentrations, diallyl disulfide and butyrate reduces colon-cancer cell number by 3.6% and 6.8% respectively. Combined, the reduction rate is 12.6%.

Conclusion

In one of my earlier posts, I called garlic one of my favorite prebiotics. Now you know why.

The medicinal properties of garlic are truly amazing. This post has only scratched the surface of what this herb is capable of. There’s a good reason it’s been used as a medicine for thousands of years and why it was nicknamed Russian penicillin.

Nonetheless, I want to offer a few caveats.

First, many of these studies were conducted in labs, so how relevant they are in humans remains to be seen. That said, most drugs are first developed this way as well, although they undergo further clinical trials to test for efficacy and safety.

Secondly, like any herbal medication, there is no controlling for the amount of active ingredient in whatever garlic preparation you take. I’ve had different reactions from one bulb to the next. Many factors can account for this variability: the soil the garlic was grown in, what fertilizers were used, pesticide use, time of year grown, how long since harvest, whether it was irradiated, etc. One huge advantage pharmaceuticals have over any herbal remedy is that the amount of active ingredient is a known variable.

Thirdly, raw garlic is a prebiotic. As such it will be partly fermented by friendly gut flora in the colon into short-chain fatty acids, which is fantastic. But a necessary byproduct of any fermentation is gas production.

If bloating is already an issue for you, garlic can exacerbate it if you go overboard with it. The problem is defining what is “overboard”. For one person, ingesting two cloves of raw garlic may cause them no difficulty whatsoever, whereas for someone else, it may cause them to resemble a 6-month pregnant woman. It can be very difficult controlling for this in any natural prebiotic, so caution must be exercised when taking it.

Finally, some people just can’t tolerate any garlic, raw or cooked. Either it makes them nauseous, or they just can’t handle the taste or smell.

And before sending any emails asking me to comment on this or that particular brand of garlic supplement, I want to say upfront that I have no opinion on any of them. What is advertised on the box or bottle may or may not reflect what’s actually in the pill you’re taking. However, if anyone reading this has had good experiences with a particular garlic supplement, feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments section below as long as it’s not a blatant advertisement.

In the meantime, I’ll just stick to the real deal.

In an age of microbes and parasites increasingly resistant to the most powerful medications we have, I predict that garlic and its many compounds will be taking center stage in the world’s pharmacopeia."

OP
S

Stuart

This is so interesting. Thanks everyone, you're all SO knowledgeable!

Nicholas

perhaps i have missed this in the thread, but i'm curious what your thoughts might be on onions. I crave onions all the time (raw): green onions, yellow, shallots, (and garlic, too). I love my breakfasts of eggs, cold/week-old roasted potatoes/turnips/parsnips piled with raw onions.....

other random thought: i have noticed that fresh carrots seem to be less beneficial in the carrot salad - but carrots which are 3 weeks old or more are much more powerful for me and clear my head much quicker.

OP
S

Stuart

So do I Nicholas.
And this might sound a little gross, but I even add small amounts of both onion and garlic to fruit salads recently. Particularly when the fruit salad has cream (or cottage, or neufchatel/ marscarpone etc) cheese in it, the alliums seem to balance the sweetness of the fruit really well. In the same way that savoury dishes seem to benefit from a little sweetness too I suppose.
I'm sure the health benefits of the sulphur compounds (for one) in alliums add to their fermentable fiber/prebiotic effects considerably.
No idea about the older carrot factor.

Suikerbuik

jyb said:
Where did you read D-lactic acid is a burden for the brain? Obviously that would be a concern, at the condition it can actually reach the brain. But the fact that the brain carefully uses L-lactic acid otherwise would make this counter intuitive.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3292964/
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/grp/2015/476215/

Correlation may not be very informative here. Because I read modern diets, including PUFA, kill bacterial diversity. But it doesn't prove it is the flora that is to blame if people are eating a bad diet anyway. There is a case to be made however for when diversity gets under a certain threshold, at which point it becomes *irreversible* with diet alone, if you believe Art Ayers (this is probably why he is so cautious with antibiotics, but he's not the only one on that point). There are thousands of bacteria, we all have a slightly different profile. However the diversity, i.e. number of distinct bacteria, is characterised for a pathological gut. The type of bacteria is also known, we there should be a balance between LPS and non-LPS bacteria. I don't like when people say that we don't know much about gut flora and that we can't control it because we don't know anything about it. It's not true - some properties are predictable, such as the diversity (not the exact bacterial profile) or how some bad bacteria will lead to overgrowth of other bad bacteria once infected. Off topic...
You are right, but considering the cross-talk between stress mediating molecules and impact on bacterial behaviour and on the impact of host physiology.. And, I am not really into the nomenclature of these bacteria, but guessing that we are talking about 'genus' in most cases based on 16s RNA seq. and not whole-genome makes me doubt the relevancy (in personal cases). It is known that bacterial species can have large differences between their genomes. Just as a theoretical example an E.coli can still be an E.coli only if it has the same 16s RNA but differ, let's say 40% on genomic DNA (although it is theoretical is in the order of reality according to what I have been told multiple times). What matters to me Jyb is, before I came across Peat, following all these advises fiber, probiotics, blah, blah only lead to a much poorer quality of life.

Peat's_Girl

dd99 said:
Amazoniac said:
Every breath you take, every move you make..

..and then I realize that Sting sounds like a creep in those songs. Imagine what's like for a girl to hear that!
Haha, yeah. My wife calls Every Breath You Take 'that stalker song'.

Only it's about his daughter...

Amazoniac

Peat's_Girl said:
dd99 said:
Amazoniac said:

..and then I realize that Sting sounds like a creep in those songs. Imagine what's like for a girl to hear that!

Haha! Didn't know that..
Now, after reading the lyrics considering that, I still find a bit creepy. Is it just me?

OP
S

Stuart

Suikerbuik said:
You are right, but considering the cross-talk between stress mediating molecules and impact on bacterial behaviour and on the impact of host physiology.. And, I am not really into the nomenclature of these bacteria, but guessing that we are talking about 'genus' in most cases based on 16s RNA seq. and not whole-genome makes me doubt the relevancy (in personal cases). It is known that bacterial species can have large differences between their genomes. Just as a theoretical example an E.coli can still be an E.coli only if it has the same 16s RNA but differ, let's say 40% on genomic DNA (although it is theoretical is in the order of reality according to what I have been told multiple times). What matters to me Jyb is, before I came across Peat, following all these advises fiber, probiotics, blah, blah only lead to a much poorer quality of life.

Such_ Saturation was a bit cagey, but you eat fruit ,vegetables and bone broth? If so, why do you think you're not already providing your microbiota with fermentable fiber? Dr. Peat clearly has some great ideas. It's just the attitude to your microbiota that seems , not only off the money intellectually (IMHO - it strays dangerously close to the pboyesque notion that 'bacteria just make things rot') but much more importantly seems totally at odds with what his dietary recommendations actually provide your microbiome.
Even Such_ Saturation still farts, so his gut bacteria are clearly still keeping on doing exactly what they're meant to do - ferment something ( the small amount of fermentable fiber he is providing them in his diet, and whatever else they can manage, for example mucins/mucus). In fact he said they smelt like Kefir, so his colon at least will have plenty of lactic acid in it. Which although he might disagree, won't do him any harm at all.
Unless you spent your entire life in a germ free oxygen tent, your colon would fill with bacteria again within hours of emerging from it - they multiply extraordinarily rapidly and only live 20 minutes after all. And even if you took the strongest broad spectrum antibiotics available. resistant strains would develop very quickly and although you would have an inflammatory mess of mostly pathogens (because the anibiotics would have decimated the commensals you want) you'd still have a colon full of bacteria. You mightn't like it, but the colon is a bag of bacteria by design. You can either eat a Peat diet, including whole fruits/vegetables, and animal connective tissue, or even just drink clear juices and dairy like Such_ . With both approaches your colon goes on being a bag of bacteria, hopefully a predominance of commensals. And the pufa reduction, which I think is Dr. Peats real dietary gem goes on putting money in your health bank.

Actually Such_ would be a fascinating candidate for the Ubiome or American Gut stool bacteria analysis. in fact I think Peatarians generally might benefit from discovering that their microbiomes are doing fine from the amount of fermentable fiber a stereotypical Peat diet provides. Any volunteers :)

So please, can we dispense with this bizarre notion that a Peat diet makes either your upper digestive tract or your colon bacteria free. It might even help to address SIBO if you are so afflcted, particularly if you eat raw garlic. Antibiotics would suppress numbers in the short term across the board. As soon as the course is over, bacterial numbers will shoot back up again, and if you haven't addressed the root cause of why your microbiota didn't have the right range and numbers in the first place, you may even turn out to be even worse off - there may well be even more pathogens than before If the commensals aren't around any more to keep them in line. Even fecal transplants fail eventually if you aren't consuming a lot of fermentable fiber. And fecal transplants depend a lot on the microbiome of the donor in any case - they're a bit unreliable.
But as Amazoniac pointed out, your S.I, your stomach, and your mouth are all supposed to have bacterial populations of varying sizes. Your colon hosts a staggeringly larger number of course.
Every Peatarian would have them, even pboy.

Those are expensive :cool: I need one for every part of my body, I'm messed up :shock:

dd99

Amazoniac said:
Peat's_Girl said:
dd99 said:
Amazoniac said:

Haha! Didn't know that..
Now, after reading the lyrics considering that, I still find a bit creepy. Is it just me?

Thanks, Peat's Girl, didn't know that!

OP
S

Stuart

Such_Saturation said:
Those are expensive :cool: I need one for every part of my body, I'm messed up :shock:

American Gut is USD 90. I'd pay half, seriously. You have a very unique diet. A microbiota analysis would be very revealing. Actually just seeing the comparison between yours and more stereotypical long term Peatarians would be intriguing too.
It takes months to get the results back though.
Luckily you aren't so messed up that you've lost your sense of humour. Milk makes babies placid too.
Maybe we could crowd fund it? Or just Peat fund a small sample.?
Your body temp is pretty important isn't it? What about stool pH for instance -really significant parameter.

OP
S

Stuart

Peat's_Girl said:
dd99 said:
Amazoniac said:

What an amazing bit of trivia to be aware of. How's the starch experiment going btw?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals