No Libido/hypogonadism Need Help Please

NathanK

icecreamlover said:
reversal of hypogonadism with clomid is well documented and consistent

Please show sources. This is not well documented or consistent from anything I have seen. I personally experience sky high PSA levels associated with an inflamed prostate of an 80 year old. I imagine it was from excessive DHT caused by clomid. It also raised my estrogen to 55 in my 3 month experiment. The only way I fixed my low testosterone was by fixing my metabolism and steroid conversion.

Miggie

Joocy_J said:
post 104223
Miggie said:
Joocy_J said:
post 104218
Miggie said:
post 104217
Joocy_J said:
post 104212
Miggie said:
post 104211
Joocy_J said:
Ami said:
If your main concern is libido then try Proviron. Unlike TRT, Proviron will not shut down your HPTA.

I have heard mixed things about that. Some say it will, other say it will not.

For me proviron didn't do a thing if anything it just made my acne worse lol.

What else have you tried?

Well I'm on roids as well and even testosterone can't give me libido. I have been doing an "estrogen" detox for a long while now and libido only seems to get worse on it.

But sofar I have tried progesterone cream ( which made everything worse, made my chest sag and got some heavy acne on my back from it).
Proviron, which didn't do anything for me.
Caber I tried that for a few weeks and only noticed a little improvement.

Edit: I also tried every aromatase inhibitor that is on the market and I didn't get any benefit from it at all, the only side effect i got from it was that my joints became a bit stiffer but that's it.

Do you blast and cruise? What was your libido like before roids? thanks

Yes I blast and cruise and before steroids my libido was pretty high. I started a first cycle at age 20 and then cycled off. I have been blasting and cruising since I was 21. I tried a lot of compounds and could always maintain a libido as long as test was in. Once I started believing into the estrogen dominance thing I supplemented with a lot of zinc and other anti estrogenic herbs/vitamins but then my libido started dropping and dropping. Now I'm at a point where I don't care for sex but I can still get a good erection. I'm guessing I have progesterone toxicity. My temps are always high especially after a meal and my heart rate is in the 90s as well in rest.

Interesting, I think we have a similar issue as I can get an erection but have no libido. Although, I have never done steroids. What is progesterone toxicity? Like what are the symptoms?

My pulse and temps are also good.

I read about progesterone toxicity on curezone buy some guy with a fish avatar lol. The symptoms are very similar to estrogen dominance because both are anti androgens in a sense. What I noticed from the progesterone toxicity is low libido, lazy and no motivation because i'm basically immune to stress. When i was supplementing with progesterone I got a sagging chest and my penis turtled back up. I think there are more people here that report the same symptoms if they use a too high dose of progest-e. I think the main difference between estrogen and prog dominance is that estrogen works like cocaine like ray peat himself says so it stimulates the brain so it could actually enhance libido and could give a boost to energy even though its done by increasing cortisol.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

Joocy_J said:
post 104026
tara said:
I don't know exactly what happened to you during this time. But one thing that I think can happen, is that people push their metabolism up with supplements, but the body realises it isn't currently up to sustaining the higher metabolism at this time, for whatever reason, so it applies some countermeasures to bring it back down a bit. Switching to NDT presumably increased T3 for a bit. Maybe your system down-regulated somehow to counteract this. Again, I don't know this, it's just a speculation.

I mean I was on three grains of NDT and switched to a lower dose of synthetic and my libido came back overnight. So there was less t3 in my body. But, this libido only lasted a week and than disappeared despite the same dose of thyroid being taken.

Oops, I misread.

Joocy_J said:
post 104208 Maybe I am not communicating clearly, but I know for a fact that I lost my libido due to chronic stress, as opposed to under-eating. Without going into too much detail the stress going on in my life from March to June was extreme to say the least, and had a clear beginning and end. It is obvious to me that when this stress started my libido disappeared.
I do believe you that severe stress can take a big toll, and it requires more reserves/resilience to come through unscathed.

OP
J

Joocy_J

Miggie said:
I read about progesterone toxicity on curezone buy some guy with a fish avatar lol. The symptoms are very similar to estrogen dominance because both are anti androgens in a sense. What I noticed from the progesterone toxicity is low libido, lazy and no motivation because i'm basically immune to stress. When i was supplementing with progesterone I got a sagging chest and my penis turtled back up. I think there are more people here that report the same symptoms if they use a too high dose of progest-e. I think the main difference between estrogen and prog dominance is that estrogen works like cocaine like ray peat himself says so it stimulates the brain so it could actually enhance libido and could give a boost to energy even though its done by increasing cortisol.

That is exactly what I feel like! No motivation because I am so comfortable. I failed a test for my major a week ago and it didn't stress me out at all. I have never used progesterone though, only pregnenolone.

Miggie

Joocy_J said:
post 104276
Miggie said:

That is exactly what I feel like! No motivation because I am so comfortable. I failed a test for my major a week ago and it didn't stress me out at all. I have never used progesterone though, only pregnenolone.

Did it start to happen when you took pregnenolone? A friend of mine took a small dose and he crashed straight away and lost his energy levels. His libido was weak but then absolutely destroyed.

OP
J

Joocy_J

Miggie said:
Joocy_J said:
post 104276
Miggie said:

Did it start to happen when you took pregnenolone? A friend of mine took a small dose and he crashed straight away and lost his energy levels. His libido was weak but then absolutely destroyed.

No, i had it before pregnenolone.

michael94

NathanK said:
post 104225
icecreamlover said:

Please show sources. This is not well documented or consistent from anything I have seen. I personally experience sky high PSA levels associated with an inflamed prostate of an 80 year old. I imagine it was from excessive DHT caused by clomid. It also raised my estrogen to 55 in my 3 month experiment. The only way I fixed my low testosterone was by fixing my metabolism and steroid conversion.

I posted it earlier in the thread
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22458540

plus some more
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044663
http://www.pccarx.com/what-is-compoundi ... pogonadism

You had a problem with excessive DHT ( never heard that complaint ) ? and aromatizing too much. Sounds like clomid did exactly what it is claimed/documented to do, increase LH from the pituitary and subsequent endogenous test production. A smaller dose likely would have yielded favorable results, and obviously if you're aromatizing at high rates that is a problem which can be addressed separately.

NathanK

icecreamlover said:
post 104356
NathanK said:
post 104225
icecreamlover said:

plus some more

You had a problem with excessive DHT ( never heard that complaint ) ? and aromatizing too much. Sounds like clomid did exactly what it is claimed/documented to do, increase LH from the pituitary and subsequent endogenous test production. A smaller dose likely would have yielded favorable results, and obviously if you're aromatizing at high rates that is a problem which can be addressed separately.
I took the term "reversal" to mean "fix" and not long term management. In that case sure. It's about finding what works for each person. Personally, I'd be more impartial to HCG over Clomid because when I remember looking into it I thought I recall there being a lot more long-term sides with clomid than HCG. I think there was eye and possible toxicity issues, but I would have to look that up again. Thanks for posting the studies.

I've actually never had aromatization issues until clomid. I tried exogenous testosterone for 6 months and I didn't have any problems. Im sure dose was too high then even though when I took the test I had tailed off to 25mg EOD.

Ironically, I was talking to a few people today about the DHT-prostate thing (probably incited by this thread). Estrogen seems the likely culprit (as always) and not excessive DHT as you mentioned. This article I came across today was a legitimately informative piece: http://mikemahler.com/articles-videos/h ... -androgens

BTW, OP, I do want to emphasize though that I tried just about everything trying to figure out my body (and still am). I fixed just about all of my issues following Ray Peat and lots of the stuff on this forum. Don't give up hope. If you go down the hormone replacement/pharmaceutical path it could be a life-long, and expensive, commitment that you might not be able to reverse later. Just keep plugging away. Ultimately, after I tried some of these hormones, I don't personally think testosterone is worth as much of the hype that it gets in terms of relative health benefits. And I'm a pretty muscular former power lifter, FWIW.

OP
J

Joocy_J

NathanK said:
icecreamlover said:
post 104356
NathanK said:
post 104225
icecreamlover said:

plus some more

I took the term "reversal" to mean "fix" and not long term management. In that case sure. It's about finding what works for each person. Personally, I'd be more impartial to HCG over Clomid because when I remember looking into it I thought I recall there being a lot more long-term sides with clomid than HCG. I think there was eye and possible toxicity issues, but I would have to look that up again. Thanks for posting the studies.

I've actually never had aromatization issues until clomid. I tried exogenous testosterone for 6 months and I didn't have any problems. Im sure dose was too high then even though when I took the test I had tailed off to 25mg EOD.

Ironically, I was talking to a few people today about the DHT-prostate thing (probably incited by this thread). Estrogen seems the likely culprit (as always) and not excessive DHT as you mentioned. This article I came across today was a legitimately informative piece: http://mikemahler.com/articles-videos/h ... -androgens

BTW, OP, I do want to emphasize though that I tried just about everything trying to figure out my body (and still am). I fixed just about all of my issues following Ray Peat and lots of the stuff on this forum. Don't give up hope. If you go down the hormone replacement/pharmaceutical path it could be a life-long, and expensive, commitment that you might not be able to reverse later. Just keep plugging away. Ultimately, after I tried some of these hormones, I don't personally think testosterone is worth as much of the hype that it gets in terms of relative health benefits. And I'm a pretty muscular former power lifter, FWIW.

Thanks

michael94

NathanK said:

Yea i guess it's long term management, but so is the food you put in your body. Plus it's a just a small pill. The only report of those vision sides I have seen were at excessive dosages, men in the studies I posted above didn't report any major side effects. Guys coming off steroids cycles sometimes use crazy high doses of clomid in Pct ( like 75mg a day, sometimes 100 +) and tend to get adverse sides very quickly. I'm a big fan of the stuff because I know of a guy in his early 50s with his test ~900ng/dl and generally a perfect picture of health for his age ( based on feeling, bloodwork, etc ).

OP
J

Joocy_J

Anyone have any idea why my pulse is extremely high on t3 only like 100 bpm , but my temps are low 98.2?

edit: nevermind I think my thermometer is messed up.

OP
J

Joocy_J

I think that my libido is coming back from t3 only, I will report back if this continues.

vincentv

Hey man can you send me a PM with your contact details. I am in the same boat. Tried 10000000 things and not better yet. Seems we are in a special boat and need to work together on this one. Hope 2 hear from you. Cheerss

Koveras

Clomiphene citrate potentiates the adverse effects of estrogen on rat testis and down-regulates the expression of steroidogenic enzyme genes. - PubMed - NCBI

Azoospermia after treatment with clomiphene citrate in patients with oligospermia. - PubMed - NCBI

vkg1

Well I wonder if T3 fixed him or if he gave up or what. Would be really valuable for a lot of guys to be able to learn from his experience.

Doludolu

Clomiphene citrate is safe and effective for long-term management of hypogonadism - PubMed

plus some more
Outcomes of clomiphene citrate treatment in young hypogonadal men - PubMed

Would you recommend Clomid if Estradiol (E2) tends to be on the very low side for me? (multiple test confirmed)

Cooper

Researh this:

Post SSRI Syndrome (PSSD)

Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS)

Post Accutane Syndrome (PAS)

Have you ever took any of those evil poisons above? Or anything similar, powerful?

If yes, you have that issue. I hope you didn't take any.

Try 250iu 3x a week HCG. Tamox or Clomid is useless.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals