At my wits end - severe lifelong ADHD turned into debilitating fatigue

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Genuinely don't think I'd be so sick if people had just been kinder.

I have never done anything that bad to anyone. Just been out of control my whole life. I don't think most people can grasp actually not physically being able to control your thoughts or mind. In a very literal sense.

Its like there is some weird spiritual part to this I don't fully understand. When I was acting 'normal' suddenly everyone treats you so different.

What a weird world. I've had psychiatrists tell me 'justice sensitivity' is an ADHD symptom. Haha now that says a lot about the world.. You are meant to shut up and not question anything and conform and don't say that and don't do that and act 'normal' and be BRUTALISED by normal people, have no friendships or relationships or whatever.... I even encountered people who pretended to have ADHD or autism or similar issues or mental health problems then would betray me. I don't believe this society is healthy at all.

I got my vitamin C today at least. As well as some multivitamins and supplements for mitochondria. This vitamin C does make me feel more 'alive'?

Last edited:

redpanda

good stuff! and just try to accept what you cannot change. you can't change other people. the herd mentality. society. life is so much more than that!

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
good stuff! and just try to accept what you cannot change. you can't change other people. the herd mentality. society. life is so much more than that!
I've been so tired for so long now. I got a book along with my delivery of supplements today 'Diagnosis and treatment of CFS and ME and long covid' by Dr Sarah Myhill. Funnily enough the front of the book says 'it's mitochondria not hypochondria'. Definitely been told I have health anxiety way too many times. How would health anxiety explain exhaustion? Ffs people.

The only thing is this book recommends a keto diet. I know Dr Peat wasn't a big fan of this and so is the forum but if I have sugar problems what am I meant to do? My head feels weird and empty today again and its really like my brain is messing up. When I'm in touch with my instincts I tend towards lower carb anyways tbh.

The protocol in the book proposes a keto/paleo diet and sterilising the gut with vit c/ioidine. Then you add the nutritional supplements and after that the ones for the mitochondria. Then you fix your thyroid and adrenals. All with natural supplements and REAL foods.

Do I try doing the keto diet, even for a short while? Or do I risk going backwards? If I think of being in nature I have no idea where I would find bloody carbs and tubers. That just doesn't make sense? Wheat is a man made frankenstein invention after all...

redpanda

I've been so tired for so long now. I got a book along with my delivery of supplements today 'Diagnosis and treatment of CFS and ME and long covid' by Dr Sarah Myhill. Funnily enough the front of the book says 'it's mitochondria not hypochondria'. Definitely been told I have health anxiety way too many times. How would health anxiety explain exhaustion? Ffs people.

The only thing is this book recommends a keto diet. I know Dr Peat wasn't a big fan of this and so is the forum but if I have sugar problems what am I meant to do? My head feels weird and empty today again and its really like my brain is messing up. When I'm in touch with my instincts I tend towards lower carb anyways tbh.

The protocol in the book proposes a keto/paleo diet and sterilising the gut with vit c/ioidine. Then you add the nutritional supplements and after that the ones for the mitochondria. Then you fix your thyroid and adrenals. All with natural supplements and REAL foods.

Do I try doing the keto diet, even for a short while? Or do I risk going backwards? If I think of being in nature I have no idea where I would find bloody carbs and tubers. That just doesn't make sense? Wheat is a man made frankenstein invention after all...
I'm going to get a copy of that book. a paleo diet is worth trying IMO.

mattmm24

I've tried all these sorts of things in the past but I lacked the physical energy to carry out physical or mental tasks. If I had energy flowing through me I wouldn't be gluid to technology and I'd happily go outside and get a tan and look at wild animals and all this stuff.

I might try giving the gut a really good clean and see where that gets me.

It also seems like the mitochondria are the big player for me for some reason.

Seems like some people or powers would like to make the truth seem complicated but I'm narrowing down the possibilities fast and getting things that work. It's like I spent so many years going downhill now it's only up and it seems like i'll be able to be euphoric almost 24/7 once I get a grip on all this.
From your posts it sounds like you are trying WAY to hard. Chill out. Try to eat whole foods. Get a bunch of rest. I think trying many different supplements is overrated. You have no idea what you are doing. Track what you eat on chronometer and see what you lack in your diet. Get sun and exercise. Set some goals and work towards them. Too many people are creating health issues by trying to fix ones that can be solved by lifestyle.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
From your posts it sounds like you are trying WAY to hard. Chill out. Try to eat whole foods. Get a bunch of rest. I think trying many different supplements is overrated. You have no idea what you are doing. Track what you eat on chronometer and see what you lack in your diet. Get sun and exercise. Set some goals and work towards them. Too many people are creating health issues by trying to fix ones that can be solved by lifestyle.
Well I’m at least trying to find something that can help switch on my brain so I can think normal thoughts. I’ve never been able to chill out. I’ve not slept well since I was born. My dad and grandmother are very similar so it makes me think something that got passed down in terms of the brain that needs to be corrected first before I can start doing more work.

I try lay down to sleep and my thoughts are racing the second I lay down and try sleep. I don’t think I’ve ever walked up the stairs i always run up them. i’m exhausted yet I can stop thinking and moving.

mattmm24

Well I’m at least trying to find something that can help switch on my brain so I can think normal thoughts. I’ve never been able to chill out. I’ve not slept well since I was born. My dad and grandmother are very similar so it makes me think something that got passed down in terms of the brain that needs to be corrected first before I can start doing more work.

I try lay down to sleep and my thoughts are racing the second I lay down and try sleep. I don’t think I’ve ever walked up the stairs i always run up them. i’m exhausted yet I can stop thinking and moving.
Sounds like copper toxicity to me. Look into it. I would be trying to eat a very non stimulating diet. That means less phosphorus and more calcium (more vegetables some fruit less meat). Put your body in a parasympathetic state.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Sounds like copper toxicity to me. Look into it. I would be trying to eat a very non stimulating diet. That means less phosphorus and more calcium (more vegetables some fruit less meat). Put your body in a parasympathetic state.
I have read about it a lot. I imagine there must be a lot of copper in my body. I will try relax but obviously it’s hard given the situation. I’m committed to getting better it’s just up and down currently.

The biggest problem is I can’t stick to anything due to being scatterbrained. I hope that’s due to copper.

mattmm24

I have read about it a lot. I imagine there must be a lot of copper in my body. I will try relax but obviously it’s hard given the situation. I’m committed to getting better it’s just up and down currently.

The biggest problem is I can’t stick to anything due to being scatterbrained. I hope that’s due to copper.
Probably is....most people have excess copper in their bodies. You can be deficient and toxic at the same time. Some people such as myself though show deficiency on hair tests. I would guess that your hair test would show high copper.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Probably is....most people have excess copper in their bodies. You can be deficient and toxic at the same time. Some people such as myself though show deficiency on hair tests. I would guess that your hair test would show high copper.
I'll need to try get one soon. Maybe if I eliminated the copper and felt calm I'd be able to fix the thyroid and digestion quicker... Does seem worth it. Funnily enough today I took some vitamin C and had racing thoughts again for a while but then it calms right down again. Most supplements that help me a lot seem to do this.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
1707402115963.png

Is it possible to develop traits like this from a bad childhood? I know ADHD has some overlap with psychopathy am I just stressing? I mean I can relate to so many of those traits on that list it makes me worried.

When I was taking the ADHD medication and it gave me some social awareness I immediately started seeing what I could get away with saying and doing to people. Now it just makes me cringe. IS IT THE DRUG that did this to me?

Can this sort of thing be reversed with good food and caring for my plants and animals? Last night I found myself skipping like I did when I was a child after eating my organic cereal. Today I had my cereal with some raw milk and its really feeling like its doing something in my body.

Healthseeker

Yep now ur a psychopath, just like all the other children that didnt behave in the 90's and got adderall

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Yep now ur a psychopath, just like all the children that didnt behave in the 90's and got adderall
Well I don't know man. So many teachers at school once asked me if I killed my pet hamster when it died. I mean WTF? Do they just not understand ADHD?

So many people I knew in the past used to tell me I looked 'scary' or 'intimidating' which I really don't get.

When I'm really healthy and feeling good I feel so detached from everyone its like the volume of the world gets turned down and I accidentally say things that upset people and don't even care in the slightest and I just think the person is overreacting.

I'm not trying to sound stupid. Just thinking about the past.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Maybe I just need to relax. Zinc rich food always helps give me empathy. Maybe it's just serotonin overload and too much copper in the brain. Seems like getting rid of the copper causes mild psychosis and anxiety while its happening.

kyle

In the old days of sanatoriums (pre-allopathic medicine), bed rest, sometimes for months at a time, was a medical mandate.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Despite the 90s "New Male" bull**** I grew up with, it turns out that STILL isn't a bad thing.
Well I'm really short so I don't get wtf they are saying or what they intimidated by. I just want to bring good things to the world.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals