Low Toxin Logs Charlie's Low Toxin Lifestyle (diet, supplements, etc)

youngsinatra

Holy smokes. 3 solid bowel movements today already. (it 4 pm right now) Niacin accelerates bile flow fr fr.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Holy smokes. 3 solid bowel movements today already. (it 4 pm right now) Niacin accelerates bile flow fr fr.
Yes sir. This stuff is incredible. As you get into the higher doses it can push on metals like copper hard so it can actually cause constipation. So staying below those thresholds is optimal.

Peater

Are there any generalised protein amounts recommendations? It seems like the low toxin approach agrees with Ray that sufficient protein is needed for the liver to detox things. (Estrogen, in the case of Ray's work. Retinol/oids and copper(?) in the case of LTL)

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Are there any generalised protein amounts recommendations? It seems like the low toxin approach agrees with Ray that sufficient protein is needed for the liver to detox things. (Estrogen, in the case of Ray's work)
You need to get plenty of protein so the liver can do what it needs to do. Will is protein maxing right now(210+ grams a day) and having great initial results. If one is getting hungry early on in the journey I think raising protein will likely be the key.

Last edited:

Peater

You need to get plenty of protein so the liver can do what it needs to do. Will is protein maxing right now(2100+ grams a day) and having great initial results. If one is getting hungry early on in the journey I think raising protein will likely be the key.

That's a lot of protein! One thing I noticed is the difference between the weight of minced beef, and the protein amount on the label. It is worth checking if he is eating 2.1kg(!) of meat a day, or 2.1kg of protein. That would be 10kg of 5% fat minced beef!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That's a lot of protein! One thing I noticed is the difference between the weight of minced beef, and the protein amount on the label. It is worth checking if he is eating 2.1kg(!) of meat a day, or 2.1kg of protein. That would be 10kg of 5% fat minced beef!
Wait that was a typo! Its 210+ grams a day.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Peater

I just had some minced beef with bacon and mushrooms and sprinkled some dextrose on the beef as it was finishing cooking. Tasty stuff.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
that's still high protein. wouldn't that much turn into ammonia and still cause problems on the liver? I thought most people only need 1 gram / lb of lean body weight.
Well he is around 310 pounds.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@charlie

What was your experience with supplementing vitamin B7? Dr. Smith suggested trying each of the B vitamins to see which ones have a beneficial effect, as a way to identify a possible deficiency. Have you experimented with any others?

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
Someone asked whether nutritional yeast can be an acceptable form of Vitamin B intake, but I can't find the question, so I'll answer here anyway. The answer is no; nutritional yeast should not be taken. The concept that B vitamins need to be taken in a complex is a myth. Vitamin B6, for example, has caused issues for many people, and nutritional yeast is fortified with B6. Each B vitamin has its own function and use case, and a particular B vitamin should be used to achieve a particular effect.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie

What was your experience with supplementing vitamin B7? Dr. Smith suggested trying each of the B vitamins to see which ones have a beneficial effect, as a way to identify a possible deficiency. Have you experimented with any others?
I did not notice anything from taking it. I seem to do good on B1, B2, Nicotinic Acid, and B5.

Dr. Smith says that B Vitamins are anti-dotes to toxins and from my experience he is correct. And btw, Nicotinic Acid is not a b vitamin, its an amino acid.

mattmm24

Bumped up to 30mg 4x per day yesterday. My dry, cracked skin on my hands/fingers cleared up, very interesting. My temperature took a nosedive to 35.7 C (96.2 F) but I didn’t feel bad from that otherwise. My body temperature always crashes when I push detox, likely because it increases circulating vitamin A, that antagonizes thyroid function. Had a few weird dreams last night. Eyes were crusty from eye sand. (never have this otherwise) Slighly feeling symptoms of an incoming cold/flu. But otherwise I feel pretty good. I feel terrible from things like like LF, zinc etc. I think maybe those things can overwhelm the capacity of the detox system, and create a drain on NAD+.
Still had pretty good energy levels yesterday. Will see where this goes!
Have you guys considered that what is going on with the whole vitamin a thing is none other than moving from slow oxidation to fast oxidation aka speeding up the thyroid. This usually feels good to most people. Vitamin a slows down your oxidation rate usually. Also the LYL program is all about avoiding fats. What does avoiding fat do? It speeds up your oxidation rate. Niacin speeds up your oxidation rate. Calcium which GS is against supplementing usually slows down your oxidation rate. Copper slows down your oxidation rate. Dry skin is a sign of slow oxidation. So when you stop taking in vitamin a, stop eating copper, start taking niacin, and stop eating fat it's going to speed up your oxidation rate. I am not saying that is all their is to it, but I think that is a good chunk of why people feel better. The majority of people are slow oxidizers so it makes sense that they feel better cutting out fats and vitamin a and increasing potassium. Just some thoughts. That is why you do see some people get completely screwed up doing this detox. Because they are already fast oxidizers and then they do all these things to speed themselves up even more. One woman on grant's website got siezures from the diet.

I drank carrot juice during the NB program religiously (6 ounces a day) for a couple of years. And my eczema only got better. I ended up quitting the program because I had some scary detoxes that freaked me out. I think I was going to hard on the detox, plus the ARL supplements are crap. Anyway I digress, just some random thoughts for how I see the whole thing.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Have you guys considered that what is going on with the whole vitamin a thing is none other than moving from slow oxidation to fast oxidation aka speeding up the thyroid.
Nah, "vitamin A" is a toxin. Clear as day.
From Labcorp's own Vitamin A testing page:

"The alcohol form, retinol, predominates in the circulation, but it is too toxic for storage.

Source

LOL too toxic for storage so it has to be wrapped in fat, but it's so healthy you should eat more. Which is it?!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals