Ray Peat Interview Dr. Ray Peat, Ph.D – Vitamin D, Thyroid, Evolving Consciously And Much More -August 20, 2019

schultz

The lanolin thing is neat. I saw a study where they fed rabbits lanolin (@ 3% diet, so like 7g a day for a human) and gave them methylprednisolone acetate. In the control group also receiving the methylprednisolone acetate, 15 out of 20 rabbits had osteonecrosis, in the group receiving cholesterol 3 out of 20 rabbits had ON, and in the lanosterol group only 2 out of 20 had ON.

I wonder if it is safe to ingest?

Also found this paper (Lanosterol Disrupts the Aggregation of Amyloid-β Peptides. - PubMed - NCBI) but didn't read it yet, just the abstract.

An exceptional interview.

Fantastic interview!

Yah this one was excellent.

pepsi

I have some beef tallow mixed with olive oil Ive only been using once in a while when
my skin is very dry. No other cream I have used makes my skin as soft as this beef
tallow.

After hearing Dr Peat talk about how lanolin is good for the skin because of the
cholesterol, Im thinking the good results I get from the beef tallow are due its
cholesterol and it might be beneficial to use everyday afterall.
The lanolin has a higher cholesterol content, so it would be interesting
to try that out.

Mito

Still on the fence about this whole oral vitamin D thing. I found it odd that Peat was okay with such high oral doses. Plus, a lot of what I have been reading is that people with low storage D can have active D levels through the roof, the opposite of what he was saying. I know he is all about getting parathyroid hormone down, but to what expense.
Did you know that PTH (parathyroid hormone) stimulates the kidneys to produce more calcitriol (the active form of Vitamin D)? If PTH is high, then a larger percentage of your storage D (25(OH)D will be converted to calcitriol (1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol).

tankasnowgod

Interesting interview. As to Peat's point about Dehydroascorbic Acid, I happened to find this video discussing the various ways to improve plasma levels of C, and from his experiment, it would seem that DHA is even better absorbed than Ascorbic Acid (check his chart at 11:20)-

In another thread, @haidut mentioned that Vitamin C would be best taken with an oxidizing agent like any form of Vitamin K, emodin, or Methylene Blue. Guessing the tetracylcine antibiotics would also be a good choice. Those seem like easier methods than peeling a bunch of zuchinnis.

Did you know that PTH (parathyroid hormone) stimulates the kidneys to produce more calcitriol (the active form of Vitamin D)? If PTH is high, then a larger percentage of your storage D (25(OH)D will be converted to calcitriol (1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol).

I did not know this. Thank you.

BigChad

Interesting interview. As to Peat's point about Dehydroascorbic Acid, I happened to find this video discussing the various ways to improve plasma levels of C, and from his experiment, it would seem that DHA is even better absorbed than Ascorbic Acid (check his chart at 11:20)-

In another thread, @haidut mentioned that Vitamin C would be best taken with an oxidizing agent like any form of Vitamin K, emodin, or Methylene Blue. Guessing the tetracylcine antibiotics would also be a good choice. Those seem like easier methods than peeling a bunch of zuchinnis.

Whats the benefit of taking vitamin c with vitamin k

BigChad

Ray says to blend it with MCT oil, or some other type of skin friendly oil. Lanolin is stiffer than butter out of the fridge, from what I remember (I used to use it to condition my conga heads and baseball glove).

Could you post the transcript of this interview

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Bought this lanolin cream from amazon. Lanisoh. Had a persistent eczema patch on my finger that clears up and then gets bad.... Anyways, really liking lanolin cream. I apply a tiny amount and work it in. Works very well so far.

BigChad

Bought this lanolin cream from amazon. Lanisoh. Had a persistent eczema patch on my finger that clears up and then gets bad.... Anyways, really liking lanolin cream. I apply a tiny amount and work it in. Works very well so far.

Are there risks with putting goldbond mens lotion on your hands? Do you absorb a significant amount of the ingredients in it.
What would be a good daily use moisturiser that doesn't make your hands slick or greasy

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Honestly I’m not sure about how much is absorbed topically but when I buy more lanolin I’ll probably just cut it with some olive oil and/or coconut oil. Should be a great moisturizer .

tara

has anybody used lanolin topically? i want a new skin cream ....
For repair, yes. Pure lanolin, it was expensive, sticky, and very effective for its intended purpose.

Diddleum

Something that stood out to me in this interview was a question asking his thoughts on the carnivore diet and peat said it can be a good diet if not all muscle meats and if ideally some dairy.

Didn’t mention carbs in his answer!

I think he’s wrong on vitamin D, it’s 1,25(OHD) we need to look at, and if PTH is fine there’s a strong chance 1,25 is fine.

Extra calcification and risk is high in high blood 25(OHD) people. High as in - upper third of the range being as bad as clinically low

Do you have a cite for the extra calcification and being in the upper third is as bad as being low?

I have also an patch of eczema with On/Off Behaviour.Whats your theory about it?Got it better with Lanolin or other topicals?

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Honestly the violet ray device that I own mostly resolved my eczema in about two weeks with application twice a day for a couple of minutes. I tried so many topicals which worked for a while but stopped eventually. I wish I took before and after pics as my hands are 90% back to normal and the eczema was quite bad...

md_a

In chronic infectious diseases, low 25(OH)D is often found with elevated levels of the more active metabolite 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D (1,25D).

25(OH)D is the best marker for vitamin D storage.

1,25 (OH)2D is influenced by PTH and chronic infections, pathogens and aging.

The classic symptoms of vitamin D toxicity are entirely attributable to hypercalcemia. High 1,25 (OH)2D predispose to hypercalcemia.

Vitamin D toxicity is the result of excessive levels of “free” 1,25(OH)2D displaced from its carrier protein, vitamin D–binding protein (DBP).

Calcitriol 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D - Mechanism of action:

increases blood calcium levels ([Ca2+]) by:

Promoting absorption of dietary calcium from the gastrointestinal tract.

Increasing renal tubular reabsorption of calcium, thus reducing the loss of calcium in the urine.

Stimulating release of calcium from bone. For this it acts on the specific type of bone cells referred to as osteoblasts, causing them to release RANKL, which in turn activates osteoclasts.[18]

Calcitriol acts in concert with parathyroid hormone (PTH) in all three of these roles. For instance, PTH also indirectly stimulates osteoclasts. However, the main effect of PTH is to increase the rate at which the kidneys excrete inorganic phosphate (Pi), the counterion of Ca2+

. The resulting decrease in serum phosphate causes hydroxyapatite (Ca5(PO4)3OH) to dissolve out of bone thus increasing serum calcium. PTH also stimulates the production of calcitriol (see below).[19]

Many of the effects of calcitriol are mediated by its interaction with the calcitriol receptor, also called the vitamin D receptor or VDR.[20] For instance, the unbound inactive form of the calcitriol receptor in intestinal epithelial cells resides in the cytoplasm. When calcitriol binds to the receptor, the ligand-receptor complex translocates to the cell nucleus, where it acts as a transcription factor promoting the expression of a gene encoding a calcium binding protein. The levels of the calcium binding protein increase enabling the cells to actively transport more calcium (Ca2+) from the intestine across the intestinal mucosa into the blood.[19]

The maintenance of electroneutrality requires that the transport of Ca2+ ions catalyzed by the intestinal epithelial cells be accompanied by counterions, primarily inorganic phosphate. Thus calcitriol also stimulates the intestinal absorption of phosphate.[19]

The observation that calcitriol stimulates the release of calcium from bone seems contradictory, given that sufficient levels of serum calcitriol generally prevent overall loss of calcium from bone. It is believed that the increased levels of serum calcium resulting from calcitriol-stimulated intestinal uptake causes bone to take up more calcium than it loses by hormonal stimulation of osteoclasts.[19] Only when there are conditions, such as dietary calcium deficiency or defects in intestinal transport, which result in a reduction of serum calcium does an overall loss of calcium from bone occur.

Calcitriol also inhibits the release of calcitonin,[21] a hormone which reduces blood calcium primarily by inhibiting calcium release from bone.[19]

Calcitriol - Wikipedia

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals