Get Better Log - King - Libido/hair Lets Go

amethyst

i took flowers of sulphur and it did not do a god damn thing. i just need my constipation TO GO THE **** ******* AWAY, this ***t is driving me out of my ******* mind. i swear to god today i thought about killing myself because i had so much ******* hair fall out of my head, i have no libido, i have girls ******* ignoring me when i talk to them, i'm like literally losing it dude. i feel like i'm in the ******* twilight zone. people just straight disrespect me because my hormones are off wack or something, i have no testosterone, i cant think straight, this ***t is like a curse. you see people killing themselves from finasterdie side effects, this is why, this is the hell of finasteride or whatever is wrong with me i dont know. i don't go out anymore, my stomach looks like it has a ******* baby inside of it due to the back up of poop inside of me that wont get out.

sorry, im really in a bad place. my liver was actually aching yesterday. literally aching. i had carotenemia all over my hands as well. ive been drinking milk and white sugar and i guess i can't handle it. i could at first, guess not. i started taking magnesium carbonate, i think that had to do with the problem with my liver possibly? i have no idea at this point.

im taking magnesium glycinate again to try to get something moving. considering thyroid again, but burn out on it...la;kjdfl;aksdf;kajdf;lkasf
I think the "flowers of sulfur" and organic sulfur crystals are two different things. Or rather, different "forms" of sulfur. I can't speak to the flowers of sulfur, as I haven't tried that, but I found the sulfur crystals to help tremendously, and easy to take...just mix it in room temperature or warmed water. Can I say I think it's amazing? With your constipation thing, you might have parasites causing you all sorts of problems....obviously I can't give you medical advice, but it could be parasites from what you are describing. The organic sulfur also deals with that too. Forgot to add, it also healed my tendonitis/arthritis in my shoulder I got from overdoing athletic activities, and this was after several months of going to see doctors about it. Can't hurt to give it a shot. But it's your call. Just thought I would post this because it has helped me so much and thought it might help you as well.

chispas

i took flowers of sulphur and it did not do a god damn thing. i just need my constipation TO GO THE **** ******* AWAY, this ***t is driving me out of my ******* mind. i swear to god today i thought about killing myself because i had so much ******* hair fall out of my head, i have no libido, i have girls ******* ignoring me when i talk to them, i'm like literally losing it dude. i feel like i'm in the ******* twilight zone. people just straight disrespect me because my hormones are off wack or something, i have no testosterone, i cant think straight, this ***t is like a curse. you see people killing themselves from finasterdie side effects, this is why, this is the hell of finasteride or whatever is wrong with me i dont know. i don't go out anymore, my stomach looks like it has a ******* baby inside of it due to the back up of poop inside of me that wont get out.

sorry, im really in a bad place. my liver was actually aching yesterday. literally aching. i had carotenemia all over my hands as well. ive been drinking milk and white sugar and i guess i can't handle it. i could at first, guess not. i started taking magnesium carbonate, i think that had to do with the problem with my liver possibly? i have no idea at this point.

im taking magnesium glycinate again to try to get something moving. considering thyroid again, but burn out on it...la;kjdfl;aksdf;kajdf;lkasf

Sometimes simplicity is the best medicine. You seem a little bit scattered, trying too many things at once, hoping for good results at every turn. I don't blame you, but it is just part of the stress. You're not going to die, things will be alright.

Stop introducing new variables.

Think about what feels good for you. What do you like eating? What makes you feel good when you are sick or tired? What makes you feel happy after you eat it? I would start with these foods.

I wouldn't have too much beef when you are feeling so down. Try casein. Someone in this thread suggested glycine and you interpreted that to mean "eat lamb shanks". That wasn't the suggestion. Notice that I said "try casein", not "or just try whey powder". Just because it seems the same, doesn't mean it is.

Go and get yourself some glycine and combine it with a therapeudic, low inflammatory protein like casein, dump some Ceylon cinnamon on top, a bit of milk, and chug it down. Or if milk is troubling you, add juice or water instead, it tastes fine.

Be nice to yourself. Drink coffee later in the day, maybe mid morning, after you are already feeling good. Stop jacking yourself up with thyroid and magnesium, you won't get anywhere. They're not silver bullets.

The statement at the top of this forum is: perceive, think, act. That's what you have to do, it's hard though, unfortunately.

Maybe tell a doctor, have a conversation, get a panel of blood tests. Look at the results, think about them, identify any red herrings. It's really a piecemeal process of guess and check, not a straightforward, linear, journey to well-being, unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

By the way, I'm sure you don't have turds inside your stomach, it's just water. Experiment with salt. Your body is giving you clues... You just need to think about them better, and be more precise in experimenting.

I know it's challenging. I sympathise.

amethyst

* If you wanna do the magnesium route, "Natural Calm" the magnesium drink works better than magnesium glycinate. It's magnesium citrate. The glycinate is a good form of magnesium but the magnesium citrate is better for your problem.

OP
mayweatherking
* If you wanna do the magnesium route, "Natural Calm" the magnesium drink works better than magnesium glycinate. It's magnesium citrate. The glycinate is a good form of magnesium but the magnesium citrate is better for your problem.

I boiled any kind of leafy greens for a couple of minutes, with very little water, to make a fairly concentrated magnesium solution, and it was much less irritating than the chemical compounds. Some people tell me that magnesium glycinate doesn’t bother their intestine.

- raypeat

amethyst

I boiled any kind of leafy greens for a couple of minutes, with very little water, to make a fairly concentrated magnesium solution, and it was much less irritating than the chemical compounds. Some people tell me that magnesium glycinate doesn’t bother their intestine.

- raypeat
As I wrote, the magnesium citrate will work better for your problem. I wish you well! Good nite!

OP
mayweatherking
Sometimes simplicity is the best medicine. You seem a little bit scattered, trying too many things at once, hoping for good results at every turn. I don't blame you, but it is just part of the stress. You're not going to die, things will be alright.

Stop introducing new variables.

Think about what feels good for you. What do you like eating? What makes you feel good when you are sick or tired? What makes you feel happy after you eat it? I would start with these foods.

I wouldn't have too much beef when you are feeling so down. Try casein. Someone in this thread suggested glycine and you interpreted that to mean "eat lamb shanks". That wasn't the suggestion. Notice that I said "try casein", not "or just try whey powder". Just because it seems the same, doesn't mean it is.

Go and get yourself some glycine and combine it with a therapeudic, low inflammatory protein like casein, dump some Ceylon cinnamon on top, a bit of milk, and chug it down. Or if milk is troubling you, add juice or water instead, it tastes fine.

Be nice to yourself. Drink coffee later in the day, maybe mid morning, after you are already feeling good. Stop jacking yourself up with thyroid and magnesium, you won't get anywhere. They're not silver bullets.

The statement at the top of this forum is: perceive, think, act. That's what you have to do, it's hard though, unfortunately.

Maybe tell a doctor, have a conversation, get a panel of blood tests. Look at the results, think about them, identify any red herrings. It's really a piecemeal process of guess and check, not a straightforward, linear, journey to well-being, unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

By the way, I'm sure you don't have turds inside your stomach, it's just water. Experiment with salt. Your body is giving you clues... You just need to think about them better, and be more precise in experimenting.

I know it's challenging. I sympathise.

thanks. yeah man, nah i am feeling better today. basically, the problem was that everytime i ate milk and dairy, i started to get really constipated and then would get no where. so i started boosting up the magnesium, but somewhere along the line, i think i messed myself up by not eating enough or taking the wrong kind (carbonate) that led me to have liver pain and stuff. i thought i was dying last night or something. i woke up today still feeling pretty bad, but i took around 800mg of glycinate last night and had diahrea this morning so i feel way better once that is out of my system. i'd say that is my biggest problem, eating a lot then unable to go to the bathroom, leads to estrogen to go up due to endotoxin.

i have a huge gut right now. i know for a fact it is backup poop because ive had it go to the bathroom and it all came out and i didnt have as big of a gut. this is unreal dude, really unreal. my hair is getting realy bad, really bad bald spots are showing now, and i cant go to the bathroom or have libido or anything. man, freaking sucks.

i can even feel the poop, its like its at the edge of coming out, but it doesnt come out, it just stays stuck there. :( i have tried all ready 3 times it just doesnt come out. i take thyroid, but i dont eat enough apparently because it drops my cholesterol like its hot, but hte more i eat, the more constipated i get so i dont eat. it makes sense why i have no libido based on these facts. so i dont feel hungry, so if i dont eat, there is a problem, but you need to eat, then i just get more constipated and worse.

Last edited:
OP
mayweatherking
pretty interesting.. after supplmenting with magnesium glycinate yesterday, i drank milk just now and have a temp of 99.1 after 20 mins... honestly, no clue what's going on anymore. i'm chilling out on the oily vitamins becuse i might have been overdoing it there though. i dont know why i get dry hands though.

OP
mayweatherking
clearly i have some other problem happening here.. what it is, i'm not sure. so i took the thyroid today and "felt" better, but still have the lingering constipation. i decided now i will start using around 5mg to 10mg of progesterone a day, along with the thyroid, to try to feel better. i feel the progesterone effects all ready from taking it. i think it might have given me some libido or something. i really think finasteride messed up progesterone or something, i'm not sure. i'm just keeping it at low doses because before i did higher doses and don't think it really helped me too much. that, along with taking enough magnesium,calcium, and potassium and enough protein, i hope will be enough. but damn man, it's not looking good right now. hair is actually in really bad shape unfortuntaely, but my itch isn't as bad, but the damn constipation is whta is really killing my hair to be honest, i know that is the main problem. if that was gone, i'd be good. i all ready had to have taken at least 2000mg of magnesium glycinate today and nothing is happening. i had diahrea earlier today, but nothing now, it seems to be stuck in me still. i might have really bad diahrea tomorrow i'm assuming as it all goes through, damn.

OP
mayweatherking
damn, finally had a bowel movement, i think it was the progesterne that helped? i'm not sure, but i definetely didn't get a negative effect from milk with progesterone, it felt different drinking it and i didn't get backed up. maybe this is the cure for me after all? damn hope so, we will see what happens.

chispas

damn, finally had a bowel movement, i think it was the progesterne that helped? i'm not sure, but i definetely didn't get a negative effect from milk with progesterone, it felt different drinking it and i didn't get backed up. maybe this is the cure for me after all? damn hope so, we will see what happens.

Milk and calcium will be the culprit of your constipation. If you stop drinking it, after a few days, you'll start to notice pretty huge difference in bowel movements.

The sulphur in egg can also contribute to constipation. Not sure why though.

Prune juice is a pretty effective remedy for chronic constipation.

ekool445

everytime i ate milk and dairy, i started to get really constipated and then would get no where

I think that some people just don't do well with milk. I am one of those people. When I am feeling optimal, I can handle a glass or two for a couple days, but after that I start to get constipation, acne, and other problems. In the past I have worked up to drinking quarts of some local jersey milk per day without getting too constipated, only to have other health issues develop. I believe it is the mainly the protein in milk, although I think there are other factors involved as well. Without milk my situation improves, so I have just found it better to be easy on the milk. This was even the case when I was a healthy youngster in grade school, I just never seemed to like it.

My good friend was having really bad fatigue and hypo symptoms in high school and saw a doctor (in Europe) who traced his problems to protein in milk. He cut out milk and he gained his energy back.

BTW, I should mention that I have tried multiple brands of milk, various cow breeds, raw milk, goat milk, full fat milk, skim milk, sugared milk etc.. and almost all of them give some sort of problem.

I have brought my issues up with DR and RP and not gotten much help. They convince me that my issues with milk are due to being hypothyroid, even though my TSH has consistently been between 0.6 and 0.8 for the past year, and my experiments with thyroid meds in the past have sent me into a really bad hyperthyroid state (sweating, insomnia, hot flashes, etc). My digestion before milk was terrific. DR said his tolerance to milk improved after giving blood for high iron, going on antibiotics (probably a bacteria aspect with milk), and taking thyroid. I have experimented with these things.

At one point I just decided I needed to listen to my body rather than force feeding it something that was only causing problems. Something else that really helped me was spending the money to get tests done, seeing chiropractor and reflexologist, lots of sunlight and the proper exercise. After that I did a hard reset with all supplements and meds and only took what I felt was absolutely necessary. I wish I could post my full story here, but I have been saving that for another thread for another day in the future.

OP
mayweatherking
I think that some people just don't do well with milk. I am one of those people. When I am feeling optimal, I can handle a glass or two for a couple days, but after that I start to get constipation, acne, and other problems. In the past I have worked up to drinking quarts of some local jersey milk per day without getting too constipated, only to have other health issues develop. I believe it is the mainly the protein in milk, although I think there are other factors involved as well. Without milk my situation improves, so I have just found it better to be easy on the milk. This was even the case when I was a healthy youngster in grade school, I just never seemed to like it.

My good friend was having really bad fatigue and hypo symptoms in high school and saw a doctor (in Europe) who traced his problems to protein in milk. He cut out milk and he gained his energy back.

BTW, I should mention that I have tried multiple brands of milk, various cow breeds, raw milk, goat milk, full fat milk, skim milk, sugared milk etc.. and almost all of them give some sort of problem.

I have brought my issues up with DR and RP and not gotten much help. They convince me that my issues with milk are due to being hypothyroid, even though my TSH has consistently been between 0.6 and 0.8 for the past year, and my experiments with thyroid meds in the past have sent me into a really bad hyperthyroid state (sweating, insomnia, hot flashes, etc). My digestion before milk was terrific. DR said his tolerance to milk improved after giving blood for high iron, going on antibiotics (probably a bacteria aspect with milk), and taking thyroid. I have experimented with these things.

At one point I just decided I needed to listen to my body rather than force feeding it something that was only causing problems. Something else that really helped me was spending the money to get tests done, seeing chiropractor and reflexologist, lots of sunlight and the proper exercise. After that I did a hard reset with all supplements and meds and only took what I felt was absolutely necessary. I wish I could post my full story here, but I have been saving that for another thread for another day in the future.

What other symptoms are u getting? for.sure.estrogen is a cause in my case because I.will get puffy nipples. estrogen isn't being execrated through bowels. I was an idiot and not doin carrot salads. im experimenting with progesterone to.offset estrogen and my.own made bone broth to close the loop, also magnesium. i notice milk doesn't give me estrogenic symptoms.. mahbe from progest and carrot

ekool445

What other symptoms are u getting? for.sure.estrogen is a cause in my case because I.will get puffy nipples. estrogen isn't being execrated through bowels. I was an idiot and not doin carrot salads. im experimenting with progesterone to.offset estrogen and my.own made bone broth to close the loop, also magnesium. i notice milk doesn't give me estrogenic symptoms.. mahbe from progest and carrot

I generally start to feel 'irritated' after drinking milk for a while. Depending on the dairy product I will get congestion as well. Itchy scalp and shedding is something unfortunately happens when I drink a lot of milk. Full fat milk gives me very oily skin and acne. Cut out the fat and I still get the acne, constipation, fatigue. Maybe it works for some people? Just not for me.

I think carrot salads are good, but not going to produce miracles if your situation is bad enough. I was getting away without them before I discovered Ray Peat and doing fairly well. I would be careful with experimenting with hormones. They can really throw things off in your body if you aren't careful. Like I said, getting blood tests can be a huge help and can help pinpoint things to focus on one at a time. Dropping all supplements really helped my situation, and I did that before I found out who Ray Peat was. Listen to your body.

I see that in previous posts you mention that you feel like you have a fungal infection or other infection? I had this suspicion for years that something was controlling my body, a pathogen or something.. I always tried to guess what it was (a dangerous game to be playing) and fight it with supplements but never had success, and even made my situation worse. It turns out, though, that my suspicions were correct. I was at a church service with my parents a few years back and happened to meet an ex physician who had suffered very bad illness and finally overcame it when she found out that she had lyme disease and a very bad problem with mold. She turned me in the right direction and through some alternative testing found out that I had Lyme, a virus, and a bad bacteria in my large intestine. Once I found the proper help my health improved by a TON. It took a lot of time, though. Nearly two years before things stabilized a lot more. I would try and find someone who is willing to investigate that further (whether it be a doctor, homeopath, chiropractor, naturopath, functional doc, nutritionalist, acupuncture). Finding someone affordable who can actually help is near impossible though, and so it's hard what to tell you on that one...

OP
mayweatherking
I generally start to feel 'irritated' after drinking milk for a while. Depending on the dairy product I will get congestion as well. Itchy scalp and shedding is something unfortunately happens when I drink a lot of milk. Full fat milk gives me very oily skin and acne. Cut out the fat and I still get the acne, constipation, fatigue. Maybe it works for some people? Just not for me.

I think carrot salads are good, but not going to produce miracles if your situation is bad enough. I was getting away without them before I discovered Ray Peat and doing fairly well. I would be careful with experimenting with hormones. They can really throw things off in your body if you aren't careful. Like I said, getting blood tests can be a huge help and can help pinpoint things to focus on one at a time. Dropping all supplements really helped my situation, and I did that before I found out who Ray Peat was. Listen to your body.

I see that in previous posts you mention that you feel like you have a fungal infection or other infection? I had this suspicion for years that something was controlling my body, a pathogen or something.. I always tried to guess what it was (a dangerous game to be playing) and fight it with supplements but never had success, and even made my situation worse. It turns out, though, that my suspicions were correct. I was at a church service with my parents a few years back and happened to meet an ex physician who had suffered very bad illness and finally overcame it when she found out that she had lyme disease and a very bad problem with mold. She turned me in the right direction and through some alternative testing found out that I had Lyme, a virus, and a bad bacteria in my large intestine. Once I found the proper help my health improved by a TON. It took a lot of time, though. Nearly two years before things stabilized a lot more. I would try and find someone who is willing to investigate that further (whether it be a doctor, homeopath, chiropractor, naturopath, functional doc, nutritionalist, acupuncture). Finding someone affordable who can actually help is near impossible though, and so it's hard what to tell you on that one...

yeah i did like 5 rounds of anti fungal prescription from my doctor that cleared it up. actually right now i'm making a lot of progress. my nose for the first time feels cleared out. it's these carrot salads that are helping me along with the progesterone i think. although the progesterone seems to be giving me some mild brain fog, but it went away after i took some gelatin i made from oxtail.. so i think the glycine increased the 5ar2.. i also seemed to clear my bowel to some extent.. hopefully i'm getting somewhere now... hopefully if i just get my bowels cleared out or cleaned from the carrot salads, i can get that estrogen down enough, and then my regular hormoens will come back online nad i will have libido again.. definetely i think the estrogen/endotoxin is messing me up.. has been, i all ready knew it

ekool445

@ekool445 did you ever try using antibiotics?

Yes I did. Actually a couple years into having some bad health issues I had my wisdom teeth removed and was given antibiotics for it. I felt amazing for the couple weeks that I was on them. After, my health declined even further and more issues developed. Unfortunately I didn't find out about the Lyme and other infections till 4 or 5 years later after developing very bad problems. During that time I experimented with various antibiotics and natural antibiotics as well with little to no success. When I was finally diagnosed I consulted with one doctor who wanted to put me on an 8 week intensive program of intravenous antibiotic therapy. The cost was going to be really steep so I took some time to think about it. During that time I heard from 2 or 3 people who had undergone that therapy that came out far worse shape than going in. The family friend who originally suggested that I had Lyme even told me that a man she knew ended up developing paralysis months after the treatment. I decided to try a different approach and had a lot of success. I am free of Lyme now, but trying to recover from the damage that Lyme disease did to my body. I have had to work back from poor memory and cognitive function, nerve damage, fatigue, severe digestive issues (had a foot of my large intestine removed before discovering Lyme), pancreatitis, poor liver and kidney function, screwed up hormones, seizure, low blood sugar problems, acne, hair loss (which is how I found peat), etc.. Most of these things cleared up after effectively treating the infections. Some of these things I have to work very hard still to prevent while my body continues to adjust and heal.

yeah i did like 5 rounds of anti fungal prescription from my doctor that cleared it up. actually right now i'm making a lot of progress. my nose for the first time feels cleared out. it's these carrot salads that are helping me along with the progesterone i think. although the progesterone seems to be giving me some mild brain fog, but it went away after i took some gelatin i made from oxtail.. so i think the glycine increased the 5ar2.. i also seemed to clear my bowel to some extent.. hopefully i'm getting somewhere now... hopefully if i just get my bowels cleared out or cleaned from the carrot salads, i can get that estrogen down enough, and then my regular hormoens will come back online nad i will have libido again.. definetely i think the estrogen/endotoxin is messing me up.. has been, i all ready knew it

Hopefully things balance out in your body. It's good to hear that you are finding something that works for you. Hopefully it sustains, that's the hardest part.

sladerunner69

Yeah progesterone and pregnenelone do give that mild brain fog as welll as some aniety if it s being properly converted to allpreg through 5ar...

What effects did the anti-fungals ahve on you exactly? Was you stomach bloating badly? How was the treatment recieved by you, the patient, in said dynamic?

I think mimizing stress the most important strategy to let your body recover, keeps tress hormones low, estrogen cortisol, adrenaline, keep well fed, get adequate sleep, plenty o fportein etc. And for killing any possible gut issues whicha re all too common among us post fin users I think a multi facetted apporach of various antibiotics is probably a safe bet. Carrot salads, tetracyclines, high dose niacinmide, and high dose aspirin, charcoal, etc is all goign to be effective and helpful. I need to stop eating gums and candies paersonally, wheneve rIe at something starchy or with candy my stomach begins to hurt badly, like it has become very sensitive to irritants since beginning peating. That is probably a good thing though.

Wagner83

Did you try low fat lactose free milk?

OP
mayweatherking
Yeah progesterone and pregnenelone do give that mild brain fog as welll as some aniety if it s being properly converted to allpreg through 5ar...

What effects did the anti-fungals ahve on you exactly? Was you stomach bloating badly? How was the treatment recieved by you, the patient, in said dynamic?

I think mimizing stress the most important strategy to let your body recover, keeps tress hormones low, estrogen cortisol, adrenaline, keep well fed, get adequate sleep, plenty o fportein etc. And for killing any possible gut issues whicha re all too common among us post fin users I think a multi facetted apporach of various antibiotics is probably a safe bet. Carrot salads, tetracyclines, high dose niacinmide, and high dose aspirin, charcoal, etc is all goign to be effective and helpful. I need to stop eating gums and candies paersonally, wheneve rIe at something starchy or with candy my stomach begins to hurt badly, like it has become very sensitive to irritants since beginning peating. That is probably a good thing though.

i had horrendous fungus all over my chest and back, it got rid of it. the doctor just said i should take it for it. i think it might have helped my digestion a little bit. it kind of gave me a progesterone like effect. i had a deep sleep last night. my body felt really heavy getting up today which is good. usually i dont feel that way, hopefully my gaba is starting to get made again, i'm not sure, but hair loss is still there, damn. really just need the constipation gone, but my hunger seems to have started to kick in again which is very, very good.. i'm sticking with low dose progesterone, ray told me its possible finasteride stopped progesterone production.i need my power steroids back, i need my T and DHT back online to get my system crankin again. glycine increases 5ar2, i have found that to be true after taking it with progesterone, didnt get the brain fog.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals