Jennifer's Recovery Log

Peat's_Girl

Haha... Milk-Bucks, as natural as that three eyed fish on The Simpsons.
As whimsical concept as it would have been owning a goat, I'm glad your search has finally paid off! Wish I could try some of that mystical milk...

With that amount of milk you're gonna put the farmer's kids through college ;)

Yay for clear skin and good temps! Im not sure if I'll ever come to the conclusion that fat free is worth trying. Right now restricting anything jerks my hands towards Mr. Bag.

(I was gonna name him Mr. T. Bag but that probably would have been in poor taste ;D)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
Haha... Milk-Bucks, as natural as that three eyed fish on The Simpsons.
As whimsical concept as it would have been owning a goat, I'm glad your search has finally paid off! Wish I could try some of that mystical milk...

With that amount of milk you're gonna put the farmer's kids through college
Thanks, Ally! :)

Hehe! Yeah, his "kids." His baby goats are so amazing they're accepted to universities.
They look so cute in their cap and gowns at graduation. Though, they're often caught eating the tassels. It's to be expected. They were raised in a barn, after all. Oh yeah, that was just terrible! Time for me to go to bed. LOL

Peat's_Girl said:
Yay for clear skin and good temps! Im not sure if I'll ever come to the conclusion that fat free is worth trying. Right now restricting anything jerks my hands towards Mr. Bag.

(I was gonna name him Mr. T. Bag but that probably would have been in poor taste ;D)
LOL Mr. T. Bag pities the fool! I was motivated purely by my gallbladders incessant nagging. If not, I'd of spared myself the effort and frustration and continued to get the Oak Knoll's full-fat goat milk at the market here in town. I'd also be digging into some ice cream right about now.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
This is for you and me Jen,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4C4NiVKrXk

:)

The breakfast is also complete with eggs and breakfast (lyrics) so it's totally PEat related... ;)
Okay, I just figured out what you meant by Mr. T. Bag. I swear, it truly is astounding how naive I can be. :roll: I should never have been allowed to leave my bubble.

Anyhow, nice song choice! Very peaty! So sad that the juice is sour when it use to be so sweet. It's hard to find good oranges these days. Our lousy produce is ruining perfectly good relationships. :P

Peat's_Girl

Haha, I wasn't gonna say anything ;P

How was your weekend Jen?
Any food related adventures?
I swear, I'm not hinting at anything here or trying to nudge you over to my MDA journal, but sometimes the resemblance is too uncanny... I started a lot of my MDA posts with, "Today I went to the store in search of *insert food item here*..."

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:

I swear, I'm not hinting at anything here or trying to nudge you over to my MDA journal, but sometimes the resemblance is too uncanny... I started a lot of my MDA posts with, "Today I went to the store in search of *insert food item here*..."
My weekend wasn't too bad. Thanks for asking! :) One negative...this Pooh Bear spent too much time with her head in the honey jar and ended up resurrecting the rash from you know where. I went through an entire 500 grams of it in one afternoon. I don't know why my body craves honey so much when it causes such a bad reaction. I tried juice and that wasn't cutting it. Add to that, I had to rely on cow's milk given that half my goat's milk order wasn't delivered so that didn't help. Other than that, my weekend included lots of sun so I'm happy! :D

Okay, so I tried searching for you on the MDA forum, but didn't know what handle you used so I went for Ally. Oh my word! There are an insane amount of members over there. I found an Ally415 who had a lot of posts and looks like she's in her mid twenties, but she's from California. What's bizarre is I just clicked on a random post of hers and of all things, the thread included members Nstocks, Zach and max219 and they were discussing Matt Stone, Ray and Durianrider. If I'm not mistaken, they're members here.

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
Peat's_Girl said:

My weekend wasn't too bad. Thanks for asking! :) One negative...this Pooh Bear spent too much time with her head in the honey jar and ended up resurrecting the rash from you know where. I went through an entire 500 grams of it in one afternoon. I don't know why my body craves honey so much when it causes such a bad reaction. I tried juice and that wasn't cutting it. Add to that, I had to rely on cow's milk given that half my goat's milk order wasn't delivered so that didn't help. Other than that, my weekend included lots of sun so I'm happy! :D

Okay, so I tried searching for you on the MDA forum, but didn't know what handle you used so I went for Ally. Oh my word! There are an insane amount of members over there. I found an Ally415 who had a lot of posts and looks like she's in her mid twenties, but she's from California. What's bizarre is I just clicked on a random post of hers and of all things, the thread included members Nstocks, Zach and max219 and they were discussing Matt Stone, Ray and Durianrider. If I'm not mistaken, they're members here.

Haha, I wasn't implying anything honest... It's incredibly long and bizarre and tangential and depressing, there's no way anyone would be able to read it top to bottom now (err... except for theBigPetowski, she found me there and dragged me here ;D).
It was quite popular at its time. It was called "Monday is the day" and my handle was NoSaladWithoutMeat.
I also tried to make a separate one called "Wednesday is the day", but I never updated it, I think I was already losing faith in Low-Carb at the time.

I think you're craving sugar, mostly. I think you would do well to invest in a juicer! There;s cheap high-speed ones, I'm sure they'll do the job.
Why don't you switch to agave or pure white sugar for a while? I know honey has a specific sort of taste but you can't keep punishing yourself like this.

I can't think of anything. I wish you could come visit me, I'd take you honey shopping! I live in a Greek area and there's a ridiculous amount of honey everywhere from every flower/ fruit imaginable.
I saw blueberry honey, apple honey, thyme honey, wild forest flower honey, some weird Greek honey (it's all in Greek so I have no idea what it said. Could be not actual honey for all I know ;D), tons of local Quebec honeys and sometimes they sell some honeycombs... That's the ones I can think of, but seeing as I'm fairly OCD I'm gonna look out for all the types I see and post daily pictures in your log ;D

Maybe one of those honeys is bound to be one you can tolerate? (Well, probably not, but it'll be so much fun trying? :))

Oh, and this:

http://www.sciencealert.com/bees-make-b ... ating-mams

Peat's_Girl

LOL.

It's funny. Every day I check your log and then mine and I see you replied to me in your and then mine.
At this rate, we're practically having an intimate email correspondence at this point ;D

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

No one able to read an incredibly long, bizarre, tangential (nice word!) and depressing log? Umm...yeah, have you seen my log? LOL Trust me, I can tackle yours no problem!

Yeah, I'm certain I'm craving sugar. White sugar just doesn't do it for me, but I don't think the rash flare up was due to the honey after all. I haven't had any honey since the day before yesterday and my rash keeps getting worse. The only thing I've continued to have is the cow's milk. And when I think back, I was able to have lots of honey without an issue when I was having the goat's milk.

I was going to get a juicer to make the potato protein soup, but I gained no benefit from it and prefer goat's milk so it's pointless for me to make. Though, I could get the juicer for fruits or do like I did when I made the PPS and use the Vitamix and mesh bag to extract the juice. But I would still come visit you and go honey shopping. I'd like to try that Quebec honeycomb. Yum! I look forward to your honey pics. :)

Peat's_Girl said:
Oh my goodness! They have a candy diet too! They're like little Wonka bees. Maybe if I start my own colony and supply the bees with copious amounts of melted down cotton candy, they'll produce a cotton candy flavored honey to go with the cotton candy grapes. :mrgreen:

And LOL! Everyday I check your log first too! :)

Okay, so for honey pics, below are the ones I've tried so far. The empty Langnese jar is all that's left of my honey binge the other day. Just click on the first two photos to see them right side up.

The two below are the McLure's creamed clover honey I wrote about in one of my logs. It's so thick that when you dig into it, you pull a chunk of honey out and it sticks to the spoon in a solid mass. It's a sugary/granular honey, as appose to sticky smooth, due to the "seeds." Insanely good!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 420
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 421
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 420

Peat's_Girl

On the spoon, that honey does look good! I'm not a huge fan of honey simply because I was forced to eat it growing up (my mom loves the stuff). I wish I was forced to eat chips, maybe then I wouldn't keep buying them ;D
But that honey looks like caramel and might be tasty after all!

Wow, a lot of Italian honey I see here!... We don't have any of those brands. Ours are totally different because Quebe produces a lot of honey and maple syrup. I think the liquid, golden and amber ones are the most popular. Creamy, not so much.

Ohh, I can do a scrapbook of honey pictures! Would you prefer daily ones or one big file with all of them?

My great grandpa, from my mom's side, apparently was a beekeeper. I never got to visit and see it but my mom goes on and on about it. My only experience with bees was stepping on one on the beach when I was small and another time trying to pet a bumble bee (hey, they look fuzzy, okay?) which both ended in tears.
Can you blame me for not being a huge honey fan?

Man, I was a weird kid. I also hunted for daddy long legs (what a funny name) and kissing them... I really liked insects for some reason... ;c
I would collect ladybugs in my grandparent's veggie garden and I could get like a jar them.
Of course I ended up collecting those gross potato bugs too because, at the time, I wasn't aware they weren't lady bugs... ;c

A very freaking weird kid ;D

I miss my grandparents' garden in Ukraine. We had everything! Apples, cherries, field strawberries (omg yum!), blackberries, raspberries, potatoes, cabbages, tomatoes, cucumbers, squashes... Hmm... And they all tasted so different to what's in the stores. Such sads ;c

Unfortunately my grandpa died and I don't think my grandma can take care of it, so I think she's thinking of selling... ;c

There I go telling you my life story... ON YOUR LOG!

I wish I could afford my own farm, but I can't even afford socks ;D

Your honey collection is impressive but the Vitamix steals the show! ;D
I always wanted one! They're so expensive, grrr...

I'd imagine constantly straining is annoying, so I'd say buy a juicer.
But I don't think I have trouble with fruit fiber so if I had a blender I'd just make smoothies.
Right now, I just get frozen berry mixes and cook them in coconut oil and sugar. But it's not that exciting.
I think being on Paleo so long made me lose my taste for fruits.

I'm going honey hunting for you, but this is the one I have at home so:

(And what a great opportunity to include self-serving pictures of my beast, Pocket!)

Attachments

• IMG_20150513_101741.jpg
    IMG_20150513_101741.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_20150513_101802.jpg
    IMG_20150513_101802.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 415
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Yeah, I actually don't like that standard "honey bear" honey because it taste almost medicinal to me. I prefer the thicker ones that are creamed or raw. The one on the spoon is more like a sugary fudge, it's that thick. It actually takes some effort to scoop it out and it has a fruitiness to it, along with the Honey in the Rough. The German creamed honey has the consistency of a caramel topping.

Peat's_Girl said:
Ohh, I can do a scrapbook of honey pictures! Would you prefer daily ones or one big file with all of them?
I'm liking this honey hunt! We should branch out to other foods and start a taste testing thread where we vote on best honey, best ice cream, best chocolate, best carrots. On second thought, forget the carrots! :? Anyhow, whenever you find a honey and feel like posting its pic, post away!

I have no right to judge you on your bug infatuation. I named my dogs Cricket and Bee. LOL They're the only bugs I'd kiss, though, so power to you for showing love to the daddy long legs. We have a lot here so if you'd like, I can bring some up to you when I visit? ;)

We also have a lot of fireflies. I love looking out my bedroom windows and seeing those little sparklers of the night on a backdrop of evergreens. And hey, it's not your fault! With their plump fuzzy bodies and cute buzzing sound, those bumble bees are just asking to be petted. Hehe!

I'm sorry to hear your grandmother may have to sell her land. :( It sounds like the Garden of Eden there.

Peat's_Girl said:
Your honey collection is impressive but the Vitamix steals the show! ;D
I always wanted one! They're so expensive, grrr...
I purchased Vita through the Rawfully Organic Coop that Kristina Carrillo Bucaram started. I had corresponded with her after my 80/10/10 disaster and later learned the coop sells refurbished demo/floor models at a discount. We get an extra year on the warranty, an upgrade in the package (DVD, recipe books), along with extra spatulas and cutting mats. I only got it because I was doing RBTI at the time and planned on juicing with it daily in combination with my "Amish made" 2 ton hydraulic press to extract every last drop of juice like a true OCDer! Honestly, it was all fear based. I thought I had to do everything perfectly if I had even the slightest chance of fixing my spine.

I first tried bidding on an old Norwalk juicer. I think it was from the 50s, back when they made the grinder and press separate. I actually wanted it just for the grinder. I even looked at vintage blenders. My mom's blender from the early 70s was still working in the late 90s and a bonus...it had a glass pitcher. Anyhow, long story long, Vita's definitely a workhorse, but there are other good, more affordable blenders out there.

Aww...Pocket's a cutie! I swear, cats make napping look like a day at the spa!

Peat's_Girl

Ooh, that's so cool you got your Vitamix that way! I don't know of any of those co-op places, I mean they're there I'm sure I just never seem to be a part of them ;D
According to Danny Roddy it's my high serotonin levels that make me so inhibited and socially inept ;D

That's so cute! Cricket and Bee. See we're alike in so many ways, no offence to you ;D

My bf is annoyed with Pocket, who, like me is very socially challenged, lazy and obese.
He says he is not affectionate at all, obsessed with food and really stupid, bordering on mentally deficient (but I assure him that all beautiful creatures tend to be stupid ;D and he's the prettiest cat I've ever had).
He says dogs beat cats as pets hands down and says he wishes we could upgrade him for a dog ;D
I never had a dog. I mean, my mom did when I was small, a St-Bernard (as big as me sitting down, and me standing up! I even have a pic of it!) but all I remember was she would bark at me if I took food out of her bowl and that one time my mom was throwing snow balls and she would jump up and catch them in her mouth and she ended up grazing me with her tooth and I fell and everyone was freaking out.
It didn't hurt but I think my eyebrow was bleeding and I was picked up and carried somewhere (hospital?).
I didn't know what the fuss was all about! Anyway, I don't remember liking the dog much, even though she never did anything wrong.
I still have a scar above my eyebrow!

I must have been 3 or 4? But I have memories as young as 1, and my bf says that is bizarre and unusual... ;D

Anyways I don't have much experience with dogs. They always seemed to me slobbery and gross. I don't like small ones, because they seem to be the meanest ones!
If I get a dog (got a feeling my bf will insist...) it would be the biggest one possible, like a Great Dane or my favourite, a Doberman Pinscher!
Most dogs seem kinda stupid looking to me, but dobermans are so sleek and royal and have pointy ears... They almost don't even look like dogs, more like horse-wolves!

;s

Why do I ramble on and on, to you?
Maybe cause I feel like I came over to your house and I'm sitting on your bed and telling you about my life while you drink warm cocoa-tea with honey and nod. I don't actually know what you look like just that you have fluffy slippers and a comfy looking pants and you're nodding, I think you have a ponytail too :)
Well, maybe some day!

Oh! I'd love you to visit...! Once my bf goes off to is army training I'll be here all alone... You're welcome to come visit me, if you don't mind sleeping in the same bed ;s
Our studio apartment is pretty much one big bed with some tables ;D
I'll buy you all the honey you want ;)

Ha! You're my kind of girl, I totally would do that. I actually thought of buying all the macrons in the store near my house and taste-testing them.
But then I thought that might be a little strange doing it by myself... ;/
There so many icecreams being sold there too but most of them have carrageenan so thats off the table.

Yep, pretty sure it wouldn't be as fun with carrots ;]

"Hmm... What about this one?"
"Uh, didn't we just try this one?"
"No it's a totally different batch."
"How can you tell? They look like they're from the same batch."
"Wait, did you empty all of the bags on the bed?! How are we gonna tell them apart now!?"
"Oops."

Wow, fireflies tat must be gorgeous! Nowhere I've ever lived had them. But they're a constant fixture in like Japanese animes, especially in romantic scenes (the fireflies and the cicadas...!)

Heh, our posts are getting awfully intimate lately ;D
If your daily life is as pathetic as mine you're welcome to triple our correspondence load to emails, 2 threads and forum-bound private messages! ;D

Peat's_Girl

Oh I did take pictures of honeys for you but they were lame...
This fancy store didn't have the honeys I have near my house, a real shame since they have meyer lemons and aged garlic (Wtf?! I can let my garlic rot too and sell it for triple the price too!).

This is from the organic section, so it's a great travesty that they didn't have anything better to put on there and even including that abhorred Billy Bee honey...
I still hat to include these for cataloguing purposes, of course.

But perhaps I'll have a better haul today when I got to the Greek fruit store.

Attachments

• DSC_0786.JPG
    DSC_0786.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 667
  • DSC_0787.JPG
    DSC_0787.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 667
  • DSC_0788.JPG
    DSC_0788.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 665
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hmm...inhibited? I say mysterious! Socially inept? I say quirky! Go serotonin and go us! Yes, we're very much alike and I see no reason to be offended by that! ;)

Funny, my mom was saying the other day how she wanted a St. Bernard when she was a little girl. So let me guess...you weren't much of a fan of the Beethoven movies, eh? I'm practicing my Canadian so when I come to visit you and we have that slumber party with honey and macarons, I'll fit right in.

Peat's_Girl said:
Anyways I don't have much experience with dogs. They always seemed to me slobbery and gross. I don't like small ones, because they seem to be the meanest ones!
This is the buggy man Bee. He wakes up every day like it's going to be the best day of his life. He's the eternal puppy. Ferocious, huh? Hehe!

This is my baby girl Cricket. She loved everyone and everything and was so gentle. I lost her last July. She was and still is my kindred.

Peat's_Girl said:
Why do I ramble on and on, to you?
Maybe cause I feel like I came over to your house and I'm sitting on your bed and telling you about my life while you drink warm cocoa-tea with honey and nod. I don't actually know what you look like just that you have fluffy slippers and a comfy looking pants and you're nodding, I think you have a ponytail too :)
Well, maybe some day!
And this is me...

You guessed well! My hair is usually in a braid because it's really long and gets in the way and I lounge around in yoga pants. :)

Boy are we highly accurate with our taste testing. :lol: Could you imagine if the two of us were to run a study? We'd be as accurate as those "gold standard" questionnaires they try to pass off as legit!

Peat's_Girl said:
Heh, our posts are getting awfully intimate lately ;D
If your daily life is as pathetic as mine you're welcome to triple our correspondence load to emails, 2 threads and forum-bound private messages! ;D
Haha! Feel free to write anytime! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Oh and nice honey picks! :mrgreen: I'm eyeing that light one for 8.99.

Peat's_Girl

You're such a cutie!

I got tons more! The supermarket next to my house has a triple shelf about 5 feet wide and 6 feet tall!
I took loooooooooots of pics and even bought a light creamy one.
Anyway, I have too much time on my hands... But if you're serious, you can PM me your address.

I guess I'll have to break down the honey load to multiple posts, there's literally dozens now and I'm just getting started!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
You're such a cutie!
Aww...thank you, Ally! Really, you're too kind!

Peat's_Girl said:
I got tons more! The supermarket next to my house has a triple shelf about 5 feet wide and 6 feet tall!
I took loooooooooots of pics and even bought a light creamy one.
Anyway, I have too much time on my hands... But if you're serious, you can PM me your address.

I guess I'll have to break down the honey load to multiple posts, there's literally dozens now and I'm just getting started!
Haha! This is hilarious! It's like you're in the honey capital of the world. I think I need to move to Montreal!

I'm PMing you my address. :)

By the way, how was the light creamy honey?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

So I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and asked Dr. O if it was an intolerance or allergy tests I was given before and she said it was a sensitivity test. I asked her if it's true that constipation can be a symptom of an allergy even if that's the only symptom and she said absolutely! Now, back when I had the sensitivity test, she said that with my "leaky gut," the test would most likely show I was sensitive to everything I was being tested for, which it did. I'm not sure why she didn't just have me tested for allergies in the first place, especially since she knew my history of constipation from the time of infancy and even suggested that I had an allergy to dairy. :?

I also asked about the urine 5-HIAA serotonin metabolite test that Ray recommended. I figured if it showed high, I could see about getting on cyproheptadine. She told me there's also the option of a mast cell divider that's very benign. But since I found out it wasn't a true allergy test I was given, I decided I'd like to be tested for that first in case we find the culprit to my reactions. I prefer to not take a drug.

Anyhow, she warned me that the allergy test (IgE) is a test the lab hates because of all the special codes and needing to call on them. Basically, just like the last time I had my blood drawn and it was a total fiasco. Luckily, it all went smoothly and though the codes took some time looking up and entering in the system, the women checking me in knew her stuff and had no problems finding them. Ten vials of blood were drawn, three of which were extra large "just to make sure they have enough for when they run the tests." I'm being tested for allergies to milk, honey, egg white, egg yolk, wheat, soy, corn, peanut, almond, beef, chicken and pork.

Hopefully, this will give me a clear direction on how to proceed with my diet. I don't want to continue trying to make work what is actually doing me harm on the premise that it's suppose to be good for me, you know?

Tonight's songs...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SelqWCcJw3g

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gCJ3rmiZFr8

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
Aww...thank you, Ally! Really, you're too kind!

You silly nilly girl! What a strange reaction to an honest opinion! It's like you never get people telling you, you're cute. Lies upon lies ;p

Jennifer said:
Haha! This is hilarious! It's like you're in the honey capital of the world. I think I need to move to Montreal!

That would make my year ;)

Jennifer said:
I'm PMing you my address. :)

You will surely regret this for the sheer volume of nonsense and honey ;P

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals