RIP RPF

Michaelk3

Is it just me or has this forum all of a sudden become scammed with vit a low toxin BS? It’s like this Charlie guy (never heard of him until he blocked Haidut) has been keeping all the vit A stuff at the top of the forum. It feels so scammy. This “low toxin” stuff isn’t evidence based. I’ve been on the forum everyday for about two years and I’ve never seen this much vit A stuff til now. Why.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This “low toxin” stuff isn’t evidence based.
Surely it is evidence based, even @Hans admits that a low toxin diet is optimal. And the evidence we have from people healing of things like irreversible kidney disease, irreversible liver disease, and on and on and on is plenty enough evidence for me. How much evidence do you need? Have you read Grant Genereux's books?

OP
M

Michaelk3

Case studies are the lowest form of evidence on the evidence hierarchy. Where are the RCTs, meta analysis or experimental trials?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Case studies are the lowest form of evidence on the evidence hierarchy. Where are the RCTs, meta analysis or experimental trials?
Well you just go on worshipping your science gods while we the people turn our attention towards each other and start believing each other instead of "trusting the science". See, you got it all backwards. Case studies are the highest form of evidence. It's no wonder ya'll got things so wrong.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Case studies are used in Grand Round seminars to educate physicians. If they are such low forms of evidence why would anyone be interested in them? Meta analysis are some of the poorest studies because there are too many variables that could affect the results.

OP
M

Michaelk3

Well you just go on worshipping your science gods while we the people turn our attention towards each other and start believing each other instead of "trusting the science". See, you got it all backwards. Case studies are the highest form of evidence. It's no wonder ya'll got things so wrong.
1708181885980.png

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

mosaic01

Where does this worship of acadamia in this forum come from? Empirical observations belong to the highest form of evidence, according to Ray Peat.

"As the true method of knowledge is experiment, the true faculty of knowing must be the faculty which experiences. This faculty I treat of." - William Blake

Abram Hoffer deconstructed the viability of randomized trials decades ago already, when everyone was attacking him for his high-dose niacin therapy. I don't have his quotes at hand right now, but maybe I find them later.

Then Hans Selye reports how, when he was a medical student, the most important ability was the ability to observe. Patients were observed by their symptoms and then appropriate measures were conducted. From that he discovered the importance of stress and stress hormones. Nowadays, doctors live in a illusionary world of blood values, trials and meta studies. Selye writes that this ability to observe has been replaced by mindless doctor drones, who can do nothing but repeat information they have learned in a textbook.

The meta analysis itself was invented out of desparation because the flood of useless trials showed that you can come to any conclusion you like. But putting all studies together and then calculating a meta-score does not change the corruption of science at all.

The last generation of true scientists was the generation of Hoffer and Selye.

The corruption within academia is a well-known problem, acknowledged even by many now within academia. Many papers are completely worthless. Doing "trials" and "studies" has become nothing more than tickets for entrance into higher circles of the church of academia.

InChristAlone

Where does this worship of acadamia in this forum come from? Empirical observations belong to the highest form of evidence, according to Ray Peat.

"As the true method of knowledge is experiment, the true faculty of knowing must be the faculty which experiences. This faculty I treat of." - William Blake

Abram Hoffer deconstructed the viability of randomized trials decades ago already, when everyone was attacking him for his high-dose niacin therapy. I don't have his quotes at hand right now, but maybe I find them later.

Then Hans Selye reports how, when he was a medical student, the most important ability was the ability to observe. Patients were observed by their symptoms and then appropriate measures were conducted. From that he discovered the importance of stress and stress hormones. Nowadays, doctors live in a illusionary world of blood values, trials and meta studies. Selye writes that this ability to observe has been replaced by mindless doctor drones, who can do nothing but repeat information they have learned in a textbook.

The meta analysis itself was invented out of desparation because the flood of useless trials showed that you can come to any conclusion you like. But putting all studies together and then calculating a meta-score does not change the corruption of science at all.

The last generation of true scientists was the generation of Hoffer and Selye.

The corruption within academia is a well-known problem, acknowledged even by many now within academia. Many papers are completely worthless. Doing "trials" and "studies" has become nothing more than tickets for entrance into higher circles of the church of academia.
:goodpost Excellent write up on why observation is the highest form of evidence.

Put together by a ConMed “professional”, no doubt. I’m starting with “everything ConMed has told me about health is a lie.” 68yo, working in the health field since 1982 and starting over. Feels 💯 right.

Anecdotal is what leads to studies. Enough anecdotal and real scientists pay attention. Unless we’re talking vaccines/ gene therapy and SAEs.

ChadGPT

Is it just me or has this forum all of a sudden become scammed with vit a low toxin BS? It’s like this Charlie guy (never heard of him until he blocked Haidut) has been keeping all the vit A stuff at the top of the forum. It feels so scammy. This “low toxin” stuff isn’t evidence based. I’ve been on the forum everyday for about two years and I’ve never seen this much vit A stuff til now. Why.
It’s not just you, I’m not sure why they felt the need to take over this forum rather than moving to the Garrett Smith or Grant Genereux forum. I can’t believe haidut is gone, he made the most valuable contributions here.

OP
M

Michaelk3

It’s not just you, I’m not sure why they felt the need to take over this forum rather than moving to the Garrett Smith or Grant Genereux forum. I can’t believe haidut is gone, he made the most valuable contributions here.
Thank you!! Glad this hasn’t become such an echo chamber. I have a strong feeling that a lot of these users above are just bots or are the admin in disguise. So sad to see it all happen this way.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you!! Glad this hasn’t become such an echo chamber. I have a strong feeling that a lot of these users above are just bots or are the admin in disguise. So sad to see it all happen this way.
Disrespect me in my house and face the consequences.
text thor GIF

S.Holmes

I'm not on the bandwagon yet. Waiting for the results of Georgi/Haidut's vit A experiments. In the meantime:

ttps://scienceblog.cincinnatichildrens.org/vitamin-a-helps-our-immune-systems-thanks-in-part-to-gut-bacteria-that-make-their-own-supply/

Georgi is gone? What happened?

dfspcc20

Surely it is evidence based, even @Hans admits that a low toxin diet is optimal.

I'm curious about this now- where had @Hans said this? His "TestoShake" seems contrary the "low toxin diet" being lauded here (goat milk, egg yolks & honey).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals