Tinnitus Is Driving My Crazy

scoobydoo

Does anyone have ideas on the actual cause of tinnitus? I’ve dealt with this for quite while and has not found any success treating it. It seems worse at night but is pretty constant throughout the whole day. Aspirin made it really bad for a day or two so I don’t use that. I know salicylate seems from good have a role in this for me. Any other thoughts? High serotonin? Perhaps try cleansing gut?

mbachiu

Taurine could help. If you do decide to use it, start small, about 500g once a day & then build up. It helps my tinnitus, but it has taken months of being consistent with it

OP
S

scoobydoo

Taurine could help. If you do decide to use it, start small, about 500g once a day & then build up. It helps my tinnitus, but it has taken months of being consistent with it
Ok I’ve experiment with taurine before but never long term

BearWithMe

Do you have excessive mucus in your throat? Post-nasal drip? Cognested sinuses? Does your ears pop when swallowing?

OP
S

scoobydoo

Do you have excessive mucus in your throat? Post-nasal drip? Cognested sinuses? Does your ears pop when swallowing?
None of those. My ears occasionally feal full or will ring really loudly and then go deaf for a split second. But other than that it's a pretty consistent high pitch ring

jdherk

Does anyone have ideas on the actual cause of tinnitus? I’ve dealt with this for quite while and has not found any success treating it. It seems worse at night but is pretty constant throughout the whole day. Aspirin made it really bad for a day or two so I don’t use that. I know salicylate seems from good have a role in this for me. Any other thoughts? High serotonin? Perhaps try cleansing gut?
Welcome to the club :(

redsun

YES!!!!!!!! I constantly have an itchy throat too

This is me, do you know of a solution by any chance?
Most of these symptoms indicate high and excessive activity at muscarinic acetylcholine receptors. The general idea is you need to lower acetylcholine. Can you tell me your typical diet foods and even better a typical day in cronometer. There also could be specific foods you eat that can inhibit Ach breakdown, contributing to the issue. Also please list supplements you take as some can also do the same.

Last edited:

AlaskaJono

What is your BP? Higher BP can cause this, even at 140/90 and above. Also as Bogdar stated, can be caused by mechanical problems from neck muscles, TMJ etc.

Also you may have little crystals in your ear canal, and they settle in a 'wrong position'. Surfers and skiers often get it from exposure to cold over long periods of time. Some folks get dizzy spells and or vertigo from this. Try Epley's maneuver vids and see if you can do it yourself. Or get someone to help. I showed a mate who is 70 years old how to do it, but still every time I see him I do it 'to him' on a bed or massage table. It usually lasts for him 2-3 weeks. And now he is happy that he doesn't have a brain tumour or neurological issue. (He is prone to NOT see doctors anyway). Best.

Lampshard

People are giving good suggestions, but you mentioning that aspirin made it worse makes me think of Peat talking how if you get ear ringing at a certain dose of aspirin, you're supposed to take K2 (MK4), maybe it's a good idea to give it a try. As for short term relief I think local pregnenolone cream solves it for some, might want to experiment with locally applying substances like it or progesterone. Good luck, friend

Miguel Prado

Most of these symptoms indicate high and excessive activity at muscarinic acetylcholine receptors. The general idea is you need to lower acetylcholine. Can you tell me your typical diet foods and even better a typical day in cronometer. There also could be specific foods you eat that can inhibit Ach breakdown, contributing to the issue. Also please list supplements you take as some can also do the same.
Diet can vary due to poor discipline but 90% of the time it’s an amalgamation of the below
Eggs, chicken, beef, rice, olive oil, coconut oil, broccoli, cauliflower, kimchi, onions, garlic, butter, potatoes, carrots, peas, pomegranates, salmon, blue berries, greek yoghurt, kombucha, olive oil, sourdough, tomatoes

Supplements
NAC
D3
Metformin (I don’t have diabetes or any medical conditions)
Inositol
Glycine
K2
Mag
Zinc

Miguel Prado

What is your BP? Higher BP can cause this, even at 140/90 and above. Also as Bogdar stated, can be caused by mechanical problems from neck muscles, TMJ etc.

Also you may have little crystals in your ear canal, and they settle in a 'wrong position'. Surfers and skiers often get it from exposure to cold over long periods of time. Some folks get dizzy spells and or vertigo from this. Try Epley's maneuver vids and see if you can do it yourself. Or get someone to help. I showed a mate who is 70 years old how to do it, but still every time I see him I do it 'to him' on a bed or massage table. It usually lasts for him 2-3 weeks. And now he is happy that he doesn't have a brain tumour or neurological issue. (He is prone to NOT see doctors anyway). Best.
Honestly I don’t know for sure what my blood pressure is but i seriously doubt it’s high - im in good shape and 22 years old

TBH I’m leaning more towards TMJ / neck problems because now that you mention it my jaw is usually very tight

I started mewing 3 years ago and it has completely changed the shape of my face for the better although im wondering if one of the downstream results of this is tinnitus > which I would be OK with tbh as I went from complete mouth breathing slack jaw to ‘chad’

The tinnitus came on around 2 years ago not long after the first round of covid lockdowns. I went to see my local GP and his recommendation was to…. Clean my ears

I’m hoping it’s not a brain tumour - sometimes I get vertigo when trying to fall asleep

Miguel Prado

People are giving good suggestions, but you mentioning that aspirin made it worse makes me think of Peat talking how if you get ear ringing at a certain dose of aspirin, you're supposed to take K2 (MK4), maybe it's a good idea to give it a try. As for short term relief I think local pregnenolone cream solves it for some, might want to experiment with locally applying substances like it or progesterone. Good luck, friend
Thanks mate will give it a try

redsun

Diet can vary due to poor discipline but 90% of the time it’s an amalgamation of the below
Eggs, chicken, beef, rice, olive oil, coconut oil, broccoli, cauliflower, kimchi, onions, garlic, butter, potatoes, carrots, peas, pomegranates, salmon, blue berries, greek yoghurt, kombucha, olive oil, sourdough, tomatoes

Supplements
NAC
D3
Metformin (I don’t have diabetes or any medical conditions)
Inositol
Glycine
K2
Mag
Zinc
You should try dropping eggs as they do provide a lot of choline as well as drop zinc as it strongly increases the sensitivity of muscarinic receptors. NAC is tricky but based on numerous things it can and cant do I would not take it. I really dont know how much of these things you are eating but if you eat a few eggs daily or more this can add a lot of choline while meat also contains plenty as well.

Metformin is not really related here, but it is toxic to the metabolism. So especially if you dont have a medical condition, it should be avoided.

Potatoes contain solanine which has quite a long half life in the body and it inhibits Ach breakdown, leading to build up in synapses which contributes to your issues. I would eat potatoes very rarely if at all. Avoid it for awhile for now as well as the other suggestions I made and these symptoms should improve.

As for tinnitus it is due to overactive nerves. Considering you do not have a bioavailable calcium source in your diet(dairy), calcium is probably what you need. Calcium is needed to antagonize sodium channel activity in the nervous system. Without calcium you will eventually become calcium deficient and your nerves will be more easily excitable, causing tinnitus.

EDIT: Also you shouldnt use K2 as it lowers serum calcium. Taking it will probably worsen the issue. Try calcium citrate or other calcium supplements. Or if you can do dairy I would incorporate a few servings a day into your diet. Your tinnitus should drastically reduce.

Last edited:

Miguel Prado

You should try dropping eggs as they do provide a lot of choline as well as drop zinc as it strongly increases the sensitivity of muscarinic receptors. NAC is tricky but based on numerous things it can and cant do I would not take it. I really dont know how much of these things you are eating but if you eat a few eggs daily or more this can add a lot of choline while meat also contains plenty as well.

Metformin is not really related here, but it is toxic to the metabolism. So especially if you dont have a medical condition, it should be avoided.

Potatoes contain solanine which has quite a long half life in the body and it inhibits Ach breakdown, leading to build up in synapses which contributes to your issues. I would eat potatoes very rarely if at all. Avoid it for awhile for now as well as the other suggestions I made and these symptoms should improve.

As for tinnitus it is due to overactive nerves. Considering you do not have a bioavailable calcium source in your diet(dairy), calcium is probably what you need. Calcium is needed to antagonize sodium channel activity in the nervous system. Without calcium you will eventually become calcium deficient and your nerves will be more easily excitable, causing tinnitus.

EDIT: Also you shouldnt both with K2 as it lowers serum calcium. Taking it will probably worsen the issue. Try calcium citrate or other calcium supplements. Or if you can do dairy I would incorporate a few servings a day into your diet. Your tinnitus should drastically reduce.
Yeah I usually break fast with 3 eggs at noon… Will stop this immediately

I’m not convinced it has anything to with supplementation as my tinnitus long predates any of the aforementioned sups but I will give all of your suggestions a try besides the reduced meat as this is simply a non negotiable for me

I previously said I don’t have any medical conditions but I do in fact have a very rare chronic eye disease called keratoconus but not sure it’s related here

I had no idea metformin was toxic to metabolism > didn’t find this in any of my research on the ‘miracle drug’ but will definitely review this also

Re calcium - I drink raw milk regularly which, again, I forgot to mention in my prior post

CharmingAnon

I am also leaning more towards TMJ "tempomandibular joint dysfunction". This is the smallest joint in the whole body which connects the hinge of your jaw to your skull. It is located right next to the ear. The wording TMJ is in my opinion just a diagnosis term used to identify a jaw dysfunction it does not indicate the cause or the problem. Although many might disagree with me here I would say in almost in 99.9% of cases these conditions relate to some degree of dislocation of the condyle which in most cases under hospital care are left untreated and this later causes serve erosion in the jaw bones and like a dislocation in knee you have bone rubbing against bone which is the popping, grating, buzzing and clicking noise in the ear or serve migraine pulses in the temporal this could be from trapped nerves and cranial fluid. Its more common to be in the one ear rather than both without a blow straight to the joint or force to the face its more likely to be trauma to the face or teeth from tooth extractions and traditional braces .This vertical dislocation is a better sign however that it does not need surgery and with the correct teeth and jaw repositioning treatment you can slip the disk back in the best place. You have again different types of vertical dislocation the condoyle can slip to far forward or backwards. In the hospital room under a maxillofacial surgeon they will most likely sublax the tmj and move it to far back into joint using very extrusive procedures like flushing the joint, cutting the joint, pre-maturely replacing the joint resulting in giving you serve mouth restriction on opening and closing placing stress on the already damaged and unhinged joint which will not fix the problem and cost you a lot of time, health and money. The goal should be to reposition or expand the jaw to the correct place so that the forward condoyle can be slipped back into the neutral position.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals