Announcement Forum Official Stance on "vitamin A" Research, Studies, & Direction

TheDogsDid-It!

Forum Supporter
I guess I'm a pessimist because I don't see it that way. I see it as my Mom is killing her dog by spoiling her with treats. That's not love. Loving someone is providing the best diet. She did the same thing with me as a child, she let us drink soda everyday and eat junk food from a young age. No boundaries. I wasn't saying the dog is ugly, but it's clear she's very unhealthy and will die young unfortunately. They know this but continue feeding her. Even though my step Dad says "I'm going to kill myself if she dies'. It's not a healthy relationship.
No, you're not a pessimist as I see it. You are being realistic. Different perspectives from different experiences. You are right in that, we do have responsibility to take care of our pets, because the animals don't have choice and will take all they can get. And some people do mistake with thinking pleasing their pets with treats is love, and not seeing or predicting the consequences. We have one dog the shelter named Babar, so that name tells all, with him being 15 pounds over weight for his size when we got him, due to an owner pleasing him non-stop with treats. He couldn't even walk. We were able to get his weight off and he is doing well, and now 16 years old. He does have hangry issues though, as his habits are hard for him to beat and he has no choice. I sincerely hope your mom will be able to turn it around for her beloved dog.

InChristAlone

No, you're not a pessimist as I see it. You are being realistic. Different perspectives from different experiences. You are right in that, we do have responsibility to take care of our pets, because the animals don't have choice and will take all they can get. And some people do mistake with thinking pleasing their pets with treats is love, and not seeing or predicting the consequences. We have one dog the shelter named Babar, so that name tells all, with him being 15 pounds over weight for his size when we got him, due to an owner pleasing him non-stop with treats. He couldn't even walk. We were able to get his weight off and he is doing well, and now 16 years old. He does have hangry issues though, as his habits are hard for him to beat and he has no choice. I sincerely hope your mom will be able to turn it around for her beloved dog.
Ok, I'm glad you weren't saying that pet owners can just feed their pets crazy amounts of treats and love them anyway when they get fat! Yeah I don't think they will be able to stop, it's like an addiction to give her treats. They will even give her a treat for not behaving well! Like as a 'here you go have a treat instead of jumping up on our guests'. Not realizing they are reinforcing the behavior lol.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks Charlie! I have some 'scientific' family members who will be hard to convince. Do you have a thread dedicated to the research about the benefits of low Vitamin A, or how Vitamin A is toxic?
It's all kind of scattered around right now but hopefully someone will step up and make a knock out thread that will rocks peoples worlds. In the meantime, I would suggest reading Grant Genereuxs books, starting with "Extinquishing the fires of hell" and then "Poisoning for profits" and then the last one. The books are free:

You can also go to the "forum list" and browse the Low toxin lifestyle sub forums: Forum list

Even when I was mentioning this to a friend 2 days ago, she was against this because she takes Vitamin A for dry eyes and it helps her. She doesn't want to discontinue Vitamin A.
Most likely "vitamin A" toxicity is causing the dry eyes and the vA is suppressing the symptoms.
as well as my Hashimoto's
Many people coming off their thyroid and healing from Hashimotos in the low toxin groups.
. I've come to the conclusion so far that these are mineral deficiencies, possible toxins (so I'm intrigued to this toxic Vitamin A theory), and liver congestion.
Repleting the Big 5 Essential minerals will get you well on your way to healing and decongesting your liver.
I couldn't tolerate even 1 month on the traditional Ray Peat diet even though the science looked promising
Makes sense, you seem to be very cholestatic and the Ray Peat diet is extremely toxic. Like I said before, some people cannot even handle it for one week.
because it wouldn't hurt to try just as long as I don't blow up like a balloon
Weight will start coming off naturally when your liver starts to clear and it can process the toxins it has stored away in the fat until it was able to do so. Weight loss is a by product of the low toxin diet, no need to even strive for it, it just happens naturally as it can. You are well on your way to healing.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Apple

Yup, my total cholesterol went from around 500 to around 140.
That's impressive. It means very low level of inflamation . Dr Ellsworth Wareham had cholesterol 117, but 140 is a pretty decent number .

Just to compare with #ggenereux :
The numbers are:

mmol/Lmg/dL
CHOLESTEROL3.08119.1
HDL CHOLESTEROL1.5861.1
LDL CHOLESTEROL1.3150.7
TRIGLYCERIDES0.4237.2

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals