Jennifer's Recovery Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi Aspekt,

I would get the rash on my cheeks and chin mostly, but by the time I had finally decided to cut out dairy, I was starting to get rashing on my chest as well.

I was digesting milk fine except for the stool color and eventual pains in my lower intestines, but that only happened after a really stressful few months this past summer.

I'm almost certain my "allergy" to dairy is stemming from gut inflammation from doing 80/10/10 and all the crazy amounts of fiber and lack of protein on that diet. This became apparent to me when I was taking high amounts of activated charcoal not too long ago, which only intensified the pain in my intestines and the rash to the point it looked like the pics in this link: http://diseaseslist.org/milk-allergy/

Does your rash look like the pics in that link and have you always had a rash while consuming dairy?

There's also the possibility of rosacea since you mentioned it's on your cheeks. Could it actually be rosacea? Ray wrote about it in his article here:

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ro ... ging.shtml

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I just stumbled upon your log today Jennifer! Sorry I missed it initially but I was away for a few days. Your intro was very touching and I admire your willingness to share your experience. You're one inspirational woman! :bravo

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thank you so much, Blossom! I appreciate that! :)

You're one inspirational woman, as well!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks, BingDing! :)

LOL I'm like the tortoise, slow and steady! That turnip has no idea what it's in for. :lol:

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Today I find myself very hungry which is a good thing given that I haven't had much hunger for over a week, but bad because I only seem to be craving candy.

I learned the papaya is a no go. I was trying to finish it off since I hate wasting food, but quite honestly, from the moment I put that first bite in my mouth, something seemed off and it just wasn't at all appealing to me like it once was.

Sure enough, the fiber was not my friend. The rash and lower intestinal pain started to make an appearance, though much milder this time around and it's already gone. I can always tell when it's going to happen because my ears and face get really hot and pink like I've been tackled by a disgruntle makeup artist at the M.A.C. counter at Macy's.

Anyhow, I'm finding most fruits, other than juices, aren't appealing at all. And even then, I'm finding I only want the strawberry and the black mulberry juice. Did I mention it tastes like pie? :D

My egg consumption is dwindling. I'm down to 3 a day and besides gelatin/bone broth, my other protein today was chicken covered in maple syrup. It probably sounds disgusting, but there's something about sweetened meat that I really like and well...I'd even eat a boot if it was covered in maple syrup.

So now if I can figure out what to eat that doesn't have fiber or dairy and isn't all liquid, I may be able to satisfy my hunger. So there's eggs and chicken, but their starting to lose their appeal. I was thinking about chocolate and gummybears all day today. Maybe I'll try those. And here I thought I had gotten rid of my Oompa Loompa status when the last traces of orange finally disappeared from my skin and now I'm resorting to a Wonka diet. I have a feeling I'll be bald and toothless by the end of this. Will you still love me? :lol:

So with that said, tonight's songs should get even your sweet tooth dancing:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgbdVihagWg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g

And I couldn't leave this one out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIB9Y4OFPs

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hmmmm I've been craving candy too! I wonder if it has anything to do with winter setting in? I've been scouring online recipes tonight to see if I can come up with a snickers bar like homemade candy. I'll keep yo posted if I come up with anything good.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks, Blossom! Yeah, I was looking online too for candy recipes so I'll post any I find. Actually, I just thought of one.

There's this chocolate company in New Hampshire that's famous for its Swiss fudge. This fudge literally melts instantly in your hands, not just your mouth. Imagine the inside of a Lindt truffle, only a tiny bit firmer and you've got this fudge.

My mom and I experimented and finally got the recipe just right. It's identical! It uses half milk chocolate and half white chocolate, along with coconut oil. That's what makes it melt easily and the mix of milk and white chocolate gives it a soft cocoa flavor like hot chocolate.

I think you're right about wanting candy because of winter. I notice watery fruits leave me cold and I end up longing for sweet calorie dense foods.

G

gummybear

Throwing in some decent music

Last edited by a moderator:

4peatssake

J Log vs Turnip

3898489-3293647812-popco.gif

pboy

maybe I should go view and post in the turnip thread! I kid, Jennifer youre awesome and I wish you the best on your journey

4peatssake

pboy said:
maybe I should go view and post in the turnip thread! I kid, Jennifer youre awesome and I wish you the best on your journey
You've been there - there's no spoon. :lol:

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Ooh...I like that! Thanks, cake! :)

LOL 4peatssake, that's hysterical!

Now, if that turnip ever learns how to dance, I'm toast!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
onion.gif~c200

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

pboy said:

Aww...thanks, pboy! I appreciate that! You're awesome too! :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Awwwwww :(

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hehe! I have no shame. I'll take sympathy votes. :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rolling

Well if anything, this is THE thread that has the dancing turnip. :mrgreen:

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Charlie said:
:rolling

Well if anything, this is THE thread that has the dancing turnip. :mrgreen:
Ooh...nice play, Charlie!

Now I have that pesky turnip right where I want it!

Stew anyone? :lol:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals