Kids - They Know What's Up

Lecarpetron

I was at dinner a few nights ago with a friend and her three year old. The adults were eating spaghetti, and my friend gave her kid some green beans and coconut water. The little girl started to cry, yelling over and over "I want ice cream! I want orange juice!" My friend wouldn't give her spaghetti because it has carbs, and of course, no ice cream/OJ because she wouldn't finish the green beans.

Notably, this 3 year old is obsessed with food, especially desserts. Everyone thinks this is a cute personality quirk, like "oh she has such a sweet tooth, all she talks about is cookies!" I'm at an age where most of my friends have babies or toddlers...and I now realize that 100% of them are starving their kids in the name of eating healthy.

Had to share b/c I was so astounded that she specifically wanted the metabolic super duo of dairy and OJ. Also had to share because it is getting harder to bite my tongue while these little kids I care about are so hungry!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm at an age where most of my friends have babies or toddlers...and I now realize that 100% of them are starving their kids in the name of eating healthy.
What a shame. My mom unknowingly did that too and it really causes a lot of harm.
Also had to share because it is getting harder to bite my tongue while these little kids I care about are so hungry!
I remember feeling that way when I noticed my nieces and nephews were drinking DHA enriched milk.:arghh:

dfspcc20

My kids are somewhat the opposite. They've become mostly indifferent to the awesome snacks we try to have always available in the house- ice cream, juice, homemade jello, chocolate milk, etc. But whenever we go to a gathering at someone else's house, they always seem find the pufa-laden and iron-enriched crap (Goldfish, Doritos, Oreos, etc.) and are super excited about those. I try not to be too authoritarian about it and make it forbidden when we're at someone else's house. My son once complained about having a stomach-ache after having some soft serve ice cream (which had carrageenan); I was able to help him connect that with something he had eaten, so that was a good learning experience for him.

johnwester130

grandma's cod liver oil, grains and green leafy vegetables are "adult" food apparently

Birdie

Yes, and many a child have I led astray with my anti-sugar theories.
Fortunately, I bought raw milk for my daughter.
I remember doing the coca cola experiment with one of her lost teeth.
When the tooth didn't dissolve, what did I do? Just went right ahead with my anti-sugar theories (especially coke) of course.

G

Gray Ling

Oh kids will twist your arm because its one of the few powers they realise they have. They've been screaming 'Feed me!' since birth so that's a tough habit to crack. Feeling sympathy for the hungry kids is what you do Lecarpetron, but I think the parents are feeling real scared and embarrassed.

Tarmander

I remember when I was young craving butter and sugar. I wanted to put the brown sugar on the butter and eat it just like that. Of course butter was bad for you, I wasn't allowed to do it and if I did want butter on my corn it had to be margarine. Ugh

lvysaur

What would you say about kids that didn't like sugar?

I never liked sweets as a child. My favorite foods were meats, fish, shellfish, cheese, and potato chips.

Yeah I think back to my first days in elementary school and I remember, even as a 5-year old, knowing something was horribly wrong with the school lunches. The only thing that appealed to me was the fruit cup and the chocolate milk, which makes sense now. And I wasn't even a picky eater outside of school. Somehow I just sensed that it was all PUFA-laden garbage lol.

Kids probably have a good sense of what they generally need from a nutrition standpoint. Sure, they'll beg for candy if forced to eat rabbit food at every meal. Is it too much to ask of parents to just give their kids adequate levels of milk, cheese, fruit, etc? Apparently.

Yes, and many a child have I led astray with my anti-sugar theories.
Fortunately, I bought raw milk for my daughter.
I remember doing the coca cola experiment with one of her lost teeth.
When the tooth didn't dissolve, what did I do? Just went right ahead with my anti-sugar theories (especially coke) of course.
I admire what you said here @Birdie

What would you say about kids that didn't like sugar?

I never liked sweets as a child. My favorite foods were meats, fish, shellfish, cheese, and potato chips.
I was the oddball growing up that didn’t like sweets either. I loved mostly milk, raw tomatoes and tomato soup, raw onions, fish sticks, Cheerios and potato soup.

Do either of you know your blood types?
I am “O”. I am a believer in the blood type diet…

lvysaur

I am “O”. I am a believer in the blood type diet…
Same, although a lot of Dadamo's claims are bunk. However, the part about stomach acid and blood type is true (verified by scientific sources), and it's hard to fathom any reason why this would be other than the digestion of meat.

A lot of vegetarians can't comprehend that people crave meat in a physiological way, similar to sex drive or going to sleep

Same, although a lot of Dadamo's claims are bunk. However, the part about stomach acid and blood type is true (verified by scientific sources), and it's hard to fathom any reason why this would be other than the digestion of meat.

A lot of vegetarians can't comprehend that people crave meat in a physiological way, similar to sex drive or going to sleep
That Blood Type diet was a game changer in mine and my father’s health, as was the “Wheat Belly” book. Ray Peat was the final magic touch!

Snicky

What’s a good source on the blood type diet that you recommend? I thought I also heard blood types *can* change during one’s lifetime. Did ancestral groups have homogenous blood types because it’s weird that in a family you might have to accommodate 3-4 different diets, no?

What’s a good source on the blood type diet that you recommend?
This was the book that got me started on the subject. It was recommended to me by my holistic chiropractor. She told a personal story that was really convincing…

1705768586281.jpeg

I thought I also heard blood types *can* change during one’s lifetime. Did ancestral groups have homogenous blood types because it’s weird that in a family you might have to accommodate 3-4 different diets, no?
I don’t know about these questions, as I have not read anything current on blood typing, since I started the diet about thirteen years ago.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals