Jennifer's Recovery Log

Peata

You could pop a glycine capsule with meat. I do that a lot for the convenience instead of messing with gelatin.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

narouz said:
Hell of a job, Jennifer.
Thanks. :D
Oh, good! Thanks, narouz! :D

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Peata said:
You could pop a glycine capsule with meat. I do that a lot for the convenience instead of messing with gelatin.
Ooh...that's a great idea! Thanks, Peata! :)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I've been taking 1/4 of a grain of NDT and my temps have been staying at 98.6 degrees consistently throughout the day and my hair stopped falling out at an alarming rate. I started on half a grain, but my heart was racing and I was waking with an immense fear of death, something I experienced as a little girl and oddly enough, my mum too. I'm also taking progest-e about 5x a day or more if I feel a headache coming on or my heart racing. So far, I've been having a period every five days that lasts a week. Hopefully, it will shorten as my progesterone level goes up because protest-e has helped my depression subsided greatly. I haven't gotten any of those dreadful crying episodes when I get breakthrough bleeding. That doom feeling was hard to explain and even harder to shake.

There was another change for the positive. I was mortified to see I had developed a large pit in one of my front teeth. I noticed it after I had been on the NDT and minocycline for a while. I can't say it was because of them, but that's when I noticed it. I happened to look while brushing my teeth yesterday and it's now gone. My tooth is completely smooth with absolutely no trace of there having been a pit. That's astounding to me and I wonder if it's due to the Thorne K2 I've been diligently taking, along with getting my porcelain self out in the light of day. I actually have a tan. No really, I do! It's light, but I have tan lines so it counts! :mrgreen:

I decided to give other foods a try and felt like having papaya and turkey, but was left unsatisfied. All I really want is honey, ice cream, milk chocolate and of all things, pudding. I didn't get any bloat from the fiber, but by morning, I had a piercing pain in my lower intestine and had to rush to the bathroom. This happens every time I try having fiber. After it has completely left my system, the cramping episodes stop. Not that long ago, I tried having fruits and well cooked veggies for a couple weeks to experiment and every morning the same thing would happen. I keep trying to add them back in so I can feel normal, but I guess I can just stare at my tan lines to know I'm still part of the living. Hehe!

So other than that fiber debacle, I no longer have gut pain like before, but I have to do something about the churning and diarrhea when I consume anything beyond skim milk and sugar. The minocycline gets rid of it, but for whatever reason, I get hit hard with side effects so I'm looking for an alternative. On my Genova stool test results, they gave natural anti-microbial suggestions and one of them was olive leaf. I've also been talking with sunmountain and she reminded me about Allimed, something I had looked into before deciding to do the raw garlic protocol. I was looking for stabilized allicin and came across the Allimed. I thought it was too expensive for me to experiment with since I wasn't sure what I was dealing with then, but looking at it again, I noticed there are different potencies and prices. The patented extraction process that stabilizes allicin, called Allisure AC-23, is even used in products made by companies like NOW Foods. So instead of the $130 per 30ml bottle I would of had to pay, I started looking for products containing Allisure.

Comparing prices, I narrowed it down to AlliUltra in liquid form which only contains the ingredients water and Allisure AC-23. The site vitadigest.com had it cheaper than any other site I found, including vitacost and iherb. They only do free shipping on orders of $100 or more, but I have other things to buy so I can make the minimum. I'm not sure what Ray's opinion would be on it. I know he says that raw garlic is as tough on our guts as it is on the bugs, but I don't know if he means just the allicin or the many sulphuric compounds in garlic. I didn't have gut irritation when I did the raw garlic protocol, but I also don't want to push my luck. I'll have to sleep on it.

Tonight's song...we've been working so hard, let's dance...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UbXx2ag6L4I

narouz

Jennifer said:
Hopefully, it will shorten as my progesterone level goes up because protest-e has helped my depression subsided greatly. I haven't gotten any of those dreadful crying episodes when I get breakthrough bleeding.

Breakthrough bleeding...
are we talking anal or vaginal.
I'm sorry to zoom in on these details,
but I really don't know.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

narouz said:
Jennifer said:
Hopefully, it will shorten as my progesterone level goes up because protest-e has helped my depression subsided greatly. I haven't gotten any of those dreadful crying episodes when I get breakthrough bleeding.

Breakthrough bleeding...
are we talking anal or vaginal.
I'm sorry to zoom in on these details,
but I really don't know.
Sorry! I meant vaginal.

narouz

Jennifer said:
I didn't get any bloat from the fiber, but by morning, I had a piercing pain in my lower intestine and had to rush to the bathroom. This happens every time I try having fiber. After it has completely left my system, the cramping episodes stop. Not that long ago, I tried having fruits and well cooked veggies for a couple weeks to experiment and every morning the same thing would happen....I

Hmmm...
can't handle fiber.
What kinds of fruits and veggies and fiber in general?
As you know I'm into this fiber entanglement....

narouz

So breakthrough bleeding...
that means your period comes on at a surprising time?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I try sticking with softer fruits like the tropicals or stone fruit, grapes etc. and veggies are things like onions, carrots, tender greens like cooked spinach and herbs.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

narouz said:
Yeah, in a way, I guess. Normally, it should be at the beginning of the month, but currently I'll have it a full week and then it stops for five days and then it's back again for another week.

narouz

Jennifer said:
narouz said:
Yeah, in a way, I guess. Normally, it should be at the beginning of the month, but currently I'll have it a full week and then it stops for five days and then it's back again for another week.

Okay.
Thanks, Jennifer.
I'll have to learn a little about that... :)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Yeah, I have to learn a little about it too! Haha!

Peat's_Girl

Jennifer said:
Peat's_Girl said:
Jennifer said:
What movie is the photo from, Kitty? He looks like that noddy boy from Full House who was Michelle's classmate. His name was Aaron. I think he was in Kindergarten Cop, also. I'll go google it!

Yep, I know him! He's so adorable! ;D
I watch Full House all the time, now that I'm old enough to appreciate uncle Jesse from a strictly visual perspective! ;P

Did you hear that Netflix is planning on reviving the show? It's gonna be centred around DJ and Stephanie's families I think. I'm actually a little bit giddy just thinking about it! ;D
Ahh...Uncle Jesse! Have Mercy! Hehe! Did you ever notice his last name changed early on in the show. :? Joelle and I had talked about them reviving it. I don't watch much TV, but I think I need to start watching Full House reruns. A half hour that ends with everyone's problems being solved in a feel good scene with sappy music. You gotta love it!

Yes I did! I even remember what it was. I just finished all of it. Netflix has all the seasons.
And since it's a Netflix show the new one won't be showing on TV, I don't think.

Honestly, Netflix is such a wonderful waste of time. One giant bargain bin.

Peat's_Girl

I'm so glad your gut pain is finally subsiding, I know how long you've struggled for that to happen. Something must be working! *kisses*

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
I'm so glad your gut pain is finally subsiding, I know how long you've struggled for that to happen. Something must be working! *kisses*
Thanks, Itty Bitty Kitty! :D

It could be the last round of Minocycline and cascara that have helped, along with avoiding all my usual irritating foods. I do feel kind of stuck currently, though. If I branch out with my diet, the rash, brain fog and diarrhea return so I'm definitely not out of the woods yet. However, it's clear something in me is shifting and even though it isn't happening as fast as I'd like, I'm trying to not lose focus and give up.

My back is looking a little better and my body shape is definitely changing. My mum asked me the other day if I lost weight. I know I haven't lost any because I was weighed at Dr. O's the other day and my weight was the same, but my jeans and even my yogas are sliding off me now and I've thinned out in my waist area where I had some residual "love" from when I gained that refeeding weight. I'm thinking I've shifted to more muscle and possibly more bone density? The latter may be wishful thinking, but I'm going with it! :mrgreen:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals