Jennifer's Recovery Log

Peat's_Girl

That's wonderful, Jen-bug.

What kind of foods are you eating exclusively at the moment?

Is Minocycline a prescription drug?
I haven't found cascara in the health food and drug stores here. It's kinda rare. I'll have to buy it on iHerb.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

It's basically a stripped down version of the "Getting Ripped" diet. Pretty much the low allergen diet Philly gave me back then. I'm consuming most of my daily calories from skim milk, white sugar, an egg, MCT oil, a glass or two of orange juice and at most, a cup of ice cream. A couple times a week, I'll have scallops.

Yeah, the Minocycline is a first generation antibiotic that Dr. O prescribed me.

I don't think there is such thing as a "low allergen diet." You would have to get a reactivity panel for your personal chemistry to see what you're allergic to... Maybe you already posted one in this thread, but it's quite a lot to dig through. This is the first thing I'd check if you're getting brain fog.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks for the suggestion, oxidation!

I did get an allergy test and it came back negative for all foods tested. However, I do get hives/reactions to foods that were tested so I go by that. I figure the reactions are due to my intestinal bacteria and residual gut inflammation.

Peat's_Girl

Amazoniac said:
Peat's_Girl said:
That's wonderful, Jen-bug.

What kind of foods are you eating exclusively at the moment?

Is Minocycline a prescription drug?
I haven't found cascara in the health food and drug stores here. It's kinda rare. I'll have to buy it on iHerb.

Good to know that you're alive. Hi, Ally!

I'm glad my existence pleases you ;D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peat's_Girl said:
Honestly, Netflix is such a wonderful waste of time.
:yeahthat :1 :beammeup

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

So I looked back over my stool tests results and noticed it was oregano and berberine that were the natural anti-microbials recommended for my particular infection, not olive leaf. If I'm not mistaken, I think olive leaf is used for yeast/fungal infections. This makes sense because the only two things in the past that would help clear up the rash and burning gut almost immediately were oregano oil and goldenseal. Goldenseal contains berberine and was amazing in getting rid of my burning gut within a day of taking it. The stuff of merciful gods, I tell you!

I started taking the oregano oil a couple days ago. It's pharmecutical strength and can literally melt plastic so I only take three drops in a gelatin capsule with some coconut oil. My first day taking it and my skin smoothed out within 15 minutes. I did get oregano burps at first, but I've had none since. I'm also picking up some goldenseal root powder and will make an extract. It's supposed to be cycled 2 weeks on and off due to it having antibiotic actions, though I'm not sure that's an issue from a Peat perspective. I haven't come across where it's Ray approved so I'm just going by my experience with it.

Along with the OO, I've upped my juice intake to get more variety in. I've been having fresh OJ and fresh Crenshaw melon juice and I haven't had any bouts of diarrhea in 3 days. Woo-hoo! Do I get a sticker? :D So now my daily diet includes milk, juice, eggs, honey, sugar, MCT/coconut oil/raw butter oil, ice cream, coffee and scallops.

I'm still on a quarter grain of NDT and I've stayed consistently at 98.6 degrees, but I've been getting a racing heart, a loss of sensation in my finger tips, nightmares and I'm waking in the early morning having to pee again. This had finally stopped around the time I started consuming a predominantly dairy based diet and went off NDT. I don't know if this is a result of the NDT lowering stress hormones or if it is in fact turning to stress hormones. All I know is, when I wake from a nap, I get that "fear of death" anxiety. I'm thinking I should probably back off the thyroid.

Let's see, what else? The last bit of refeeding "love" pudge near my waist is slowly going away and I think the girls grew a little. I thought I was imagining things, but I'm starting to spill out of my bras and I haven't shrunk the laundry so progest-e has to be working some kind of hocus pocus. Oh and one thing I noticed today, my nail ridges are smoothing out. My nails have always been strong and grown fast, but I've had these vertical lines since my fruitarian days that I was told were due to a calcium deficiency and/or poor utilization. I'm not sure if that's true, but as far as I'm concerned, milk does my body good! :mrgreen:

For tonight's songs, we need some Madonna in this log...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eucui1C9mw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaT7gJxvfs

Peat's_Girl

Do you supplement with calcium?

Heh, something bizarre is going on! I mentioned stickers in my post just now. I tell you, this weird tele-bond we have is unnatural and is AGAINST GOD.

;D

I feel like my boobs are shrinking but it could also be that my crappy, made-in-prison bras are disintegrating.
But hey, if some of the boobs go (I have enough to go around between the ladies here) and some other stuff go I would be glad.

Wait, what stuff are we talking about and where are they going?!

I tried OO too. For no reason. J and I just stumbled on it. We took it for a while but didn't get the point of it... ;D

Does your gold seal clap when you give it a fish?

I really need to lie down. ;D ;D ;D

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Peat's_Girl said:
Do you supplement with calcium?

Heh, something bizarre is going on! I mentioned stickers in my post just now. I tell you, this weird tele-bond we have is unnatural and is AGAINST GOD.

;D
No, I don't supplement with calcium. I figure I get enough with all the dairy I consume.

Hehe! I saw you chose this sticker :smokingweed. I'll pick this one :smokingjoint and we can be the Dube Sisters.

Peat's_Girl said:
I feel like my boobs are shrinking but it could also be that my crappy, made-in-prison bras are disintegrating.
Ooh...Orange Is the New Black bras? I have those too! I'm currently wearing their cup size "jail bate." I'm working my way up to their cup size "big house." Wish me luck! :mrgreen:

Peat's_Girl said:
Does your gold seal clap when you give it a fish?
Oh geez! First a beaver and now a clapping seal. I'll let you figure out the joke in that. :P

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

narouz said:
I'm still thinking about the breakthrough bleeding thing.
I'm a stupid, dog-like male,
but I'm wondering if you see it in mainly a hormonal light?

Hey!
I find this tune very relaxing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4DVOlj ... dUyXyX0Mnr
No, you're not stupid, narouz!

Since everything is interconnected, I'm sure the gut inflammation from the bacterial infection, which caused my cholesterol to be low, left me without the building blocks needed to produce progesterone. Add to that, there's a good chance I ended up deficient in vitamins like A because I'm not digesting fats well and vitamin A is needed to make cholesterol and thyroid hormones. My thyroid numbers look dismal so it's clear that it's struggling and Ray has said that thyroid supplementation should help with excess bleeding and from my experience, he's right!

I didn't take my quarter grain of thyroid yesterday and today I'm bleeding again. When I first started back on the NDT, within a few hours, the bleeding I had at the time, stopped. I just went a full 8 days without bleeding so it seems to me the thyroid supplementation was helping in that regard. I just don't know how to get around that racing heart and the anxiety feeling. I suspect it's from lowering stress hormones, but I get nervous with the numb fingertips. I don't have any numbness today so it has to be from the NDT.

And you're right! That's a very relaxing song. Thank you for sharing it! :)

narouz

Jennifer said:
I didn't take my quarter grain of thyroid yesterday and today I'm bleeding again. When I first started back on the NDT, within a few hours, the bleeding I had at the time, stopped. I just went a full 8 days without bleeding so it seems to me the thyroid supplementation was helping in that regard. I just don't know how to get around that racing heart and the anxiety feeling. I suspect it's from lowering stress hormones, but I get nervous with the numb fingertips. I don't have any numbness today so it has to be from the NDT.

I'm sure the Red Stripe beer I'm enjoying went to my head,
but I'm missing some connections here.
The fingertip numbness.
All finger tips?
And...are you saying you think that numbness is because of the NDT...?

So racing heart and anxiety sometimes when you take NDT.
Could you talk a little more about that.
This is something I have some experience with.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Yes, all fingertips. The numbness started when I got back on NDT and I haven't had any numbness since last night. I didn't have any NDT yesterday or today. It could be a coincidence, but I find it interesting that the numbness started and stopped with NDT use.

The racing heart and anxiety starts about 15 - 30 minutes after taking thyroid.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hmm...now that I think about it, I didn't have any nightmares last night. Instead, I had an interesting dream where I consulted with Ray.

narouz

Jennifer said:
Yes, all fingertips. The numbness started when I got back on NDT and I haven't had any numbness since last night. I didn't have any NDT yesterday or today. It could be a coincidence, but I find it interesting that the numbness started and stopped with NDT use.

The racing heart and anxiety starts about 15 - 30 minutes after taking thyroid.

I had some numbness problems back a few years,
but it was like only a couple of fingers
and only like one half of one finger tip.

From what you say about your difficulties with NDT and your thyroid-related lab numbers,
it seems like you may be struggling with something a little analogous to
something I've had problems with.

My thyroid numbers and my pulse/temps told me I needed supplementation.
But when I tried to dose up to bring those signs into Peat-Line
I would get bouts of racing heart, palpitations, skipping, etc.
And it did seem to most often occur within an hour or so of taking the supps.

Could you tell me more about any thyroid labs you might have had,
what your pulse/temps tend to be like,
and also...have you had any iron-related tests: ferritin or other stuff?
(iron can interfere with thyroid.)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Here are my iron, thyroid and cholesterol numbers from this past June:

Iron - 97.0 ug/dL [50.0-170.0]
Iron Bind Capacity, Tot - 438.0 ug/dL [250.0-450.0]
Ferritin - 14.3 ng/mL [8.0-252.0]
TSH - 4.650 uIU/mL (H) [0.358-3.740]
Free T4 - 0.82 ng/dL [0.76-1.46]
Free T3 - 2.31 pg/mL [2.18-3.98]
T3, Reverse - 13 ng/dL [8-25]
Thyroglobulin Antibody - 17.00 U/mL [<=60]
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody - 28.50 U/mL [<=60]
Cholesterol - 178 mg/dL [<200 Desirable]
Triglycerides - 91 mg/dL [<150 Normal]
Cholesterol, HDL - 45 mg/dL [<40 Low >=60 High (Optimal)]
Cholesterol, LDL Calculated - 115 mg/dL [<100 Optimal 100-129 Near/Above Optimal]
Chol/HDL Ratio - 3.96 mg/dL [<=4]
Non-HDL Cholesterol - 133 mg/dL

My morning temps average 97.9 and my daytime temps 98.6. My resting pulse averages around 70 and during the day, the upper 80s.

narouz

Jennifer said:
Here are my iron, thyroid and cholesterol numbers from this past June:

Iron - 97.0 ug/dL [50.0-170.0]
Iron Bind Capacity, Tot - 438.0 ug/dL [250.0-450.0]
Ferritin - 14.3 ng/mL [8.0-252.0]
TSH - 4.650 uIU/mL (H) [0.358-3.740]
Free T4 - 0.82 ng/dL [0.76-1.46]
Free T3 - 2.31 pg/mL [2.18-3.98]
T3, Reverse - 13 ng/dL [8-25]
Thyroglobulin Antibody - 17.00 U/mL [<=60]
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody - 28.50 U/mL [<=60]
Cholesterol - 178 mg/dL [<200 Desirable]
Triglycerides - 91 mg/dL [<150 Normal]
Cholesterol, HDL - 45 mg/dL [<40 Low >=60 High (Optimal)]
Cholesterol, LDL Calculated - 115 mg/dL [<100 Optimal 100-129 Near/Above Optimal]
Chol/HDL Ratio - 3.96 mg/dL [<=4]
Non-HDL Cholesterol - 133 mg/dL

My morning temps average 97.9 and my daytime temps 98.6. My resting pulse averages around 70 and during the day, the upper 80s.

Dayum.
You're On it, gurl!

Hmmm...far from an expert here.
Off the top of my head, ferritin looks barely within normal, low.
IBC looks barely within normal, high.
TSH...needs improvement from a Peat viewpoint.

Where is Mittir when ya need him! :lol:

I don't want to project my gestalt onto you, but...
I don't think I being too subjective in that way by noting that you probably need some thyroid supp.
It would be good to see your TSH over time.
Do you have any past test numbers?

And yet...you seem to be in the same bind I had been in until recently:
numbers/signs point to needing more thyroid supp,
and yet...the palps, racing, etc....

Thanks, Jennifer.
I'll sleep on it.... :)

Here's another tune for ya...

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals