Random Thoughts

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I gave two ladies information on Progest-e and it felt like the most helpful thing I did for others today.

I too love giving people helpful information, especially when they ask for it. Sometimes I tell my friends about all this Peat stuff and they're like, "That's nice".

I pay for ALL of my medical expenses with cash out of MY OWN pocket, have done so for decades. WHY am I being forced to purchase health care coverage???

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:(

Filip1993

Most fruits produce some kind of gut irritation, I think I stick to OJ and white sugar for a while.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
There was a sick, elderly gentleman today with swallowing difficulty who just wanted some milk. He has to have thickened liquids so his 'milk' also contains: locust bean gum, xanthan gum, modified food starch, sodium phosphate, sodium citrate and carageenan. :shock: I'm guessing he probably won't feel too good after drinking that! Surely there is a better way to thicken milk.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
They forgot the soy! :?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sugared milk and grape juice make me feel like a kid again! :partydance :partydance :partydance

OP
J

j.

After discovering farmers cheese, I was able to ingest a lot more protein. A few days later, the first thing I noticed when I woke up was that my feet were hot (not from blankets or anything like that). It happened a few days. I think it's caused by the new metabolism, but I'm not yet sure. Maybe there are also possible bad causes. Will keep observing.

superhuman

j. how much protein are you getting a day? and how much caffeine? vs before since your "higher" metabolism :)

OP
J

j.

superhuman said:
j. how much protein are you getting a day? and how much caffeine? vs before since your "higher" metabolism :)

Caffeine, whatever one or two liters of coca cola has, I think maybe 200.

Protein, let's see. I think about 80 grams. But I could eat more, just didn't get organized to make more cheese, etc.

That's now. Before, I don't know.

OP
J

j.

It's incredible the amount of information Ray Peat was able to access and compile before the Internet existed.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I just have to say this, if I could have back all the untold thousands of dollars I have wasted in my lifetime on worthless and harmful 'medical' treatments I would gladly hand it all over to Ray Peat for everything he has so unselfishly done to help humanity. I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel this way but I had to say it anyway.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Indeed. Giving life back, to life. The Ray Peat way. :) Hopefully one day I can send him a nice token of my gratitude. Until then, just gotta keep spreading the good word. :)

Mittir

I remember RP saying that he once thought about charging people a percentage of their income
as his consulting fee. That sounds so reasonable. Rich and Poor, everyone could afford his service.

mas

I do recall what you are talking about Mittir- as I remember Ray said at some point in time in a past interview that when he was consulting with people he suggested to them that his fee would be 10% of that person's annual income.

He said that high income, rich people protested this idea the most.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals